Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) (57004 Views)

HELP! Wordpress Issues / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / Post All Your Web Development Issues Here (php, Sql, Html, Javascript, Css) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2015
Boboayuze:
How do I make money out of my blog at https://photoimagewow./ .I tried to install Google adsense, but it doesn't seem to work with it.

Google is your friend.. type "Alternative to Adsense" ... you will see alot

Cheers

-Kombo

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:36pm On May 25, 2015
tayebest:
not strictly for business now, just decide to own a blog! Thanks in Advance

Wordpress is fantastic. My advice, start with self host... dont go the . route

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by wpbing: 11:04pm On May 25, 2015
kombo:
Hi people, feel free to share all challenges encountered on your wordpress website/blog.. I promise to respond to all as soon as I can.

Remember: Wordpress only.

NB: I no sabi everyting finish o... but I have over 3 years experience tweaking and fixing wordpress websites/blogs

anybody needs wptouch pro licence key call 08104509469
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by wreckormend: 11:27pm On May 25, 2015
Thanks for your selfless n tireless job so far. I want to set up a video blog. Kindly advise me on the best theme and Plug-ins and other things that will aid its effectiveness for me
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tayebest(m): 5:55am On May 26, 2015
kombo:

Wordpress is fantastic. My advice, start with self host... dont go the . route

-Kombo
so plz whr should I start with?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 7:37am On May 26, 2015
StNonsky - Find quotes

wpbing:

anybody needs wptouch pro licence key call 08104509469

StNonsky:

Well, no cash to buy the pro version for now. Can u help me tweak it so i can give u my login details pls. its giving me concern bro. thanks
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2015
tayebest:
so plz whr should I start with?

Get a host and domain name for a start, install wordpress and theme and fire...

Hope you have something to blog about, else... that should be a starting point

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 7:41am On May 26, 2015
wreckormend:
Thanks for your selfless n tireless job so far. I want to set up a video blog. Kindly advise me on the best theme and Plug-ins and other things that will aid its effectiveness for me

Do you have any website (Like a role model) in mind, so I check and advice accordingly

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Whizzcute(m): 7:48am On May 26, 2015
Mr Kombo

I checked for the seo ranking of my blog ,and the analysis was that my BACKLINKS is very weak,please can you explain what that means.

This is the blog
https://xclusivhealth./
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tayebest(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2015
kombo:

Get a host and domain name for a start, install wordpress and theme and fire...

Hope you have something to blog about, else... that should be a starting point

-Kombo
whr can I download this @bolded... M still a novice sir!
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:03am On May 26, 2015
Whizzcute:
Mr Kombo

I checked for the seo ranking of my blog ,and the analysis was that my BACKLINKS is very weak,please can you explain what that means.

This is the blog
https://xclusivhealth./

It simply means the sites that are referencing your website have low Google PageRank (PR), let me explain in simple terms

Imagine a company with CEO, MD, Assistant MD, Accountant , HR, Cleaner, Gateman. Two people need a job in that company, lets say Dayo and Taiwo. Dayo knows the MD while Taiwo knows the Gateman.

The MD and Gateman both submit their candidates to the HR, in all honesty who do you think the HR will rank higher and give more attention/preference to? *Assuming Dayo and Taiwo have the same qualifications*

The HR will definitely attend to the MD's candidate.

Thats how it is with Google and Backlinks, if you get a referral from CNN, BBC or website with high PR, Google treats you better than someone that got backlinks from low and unpopular websites

NOTE: There is more to good ranking that just Backlinks

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:06am On May 26, 2015
tayebest:
whr can I download this @bolded... M still a novice sir!

You can install wordpress from the CPanel of your host provider, and you can also purchase theme from Themeforest online

If you need a guide, let me know when you ready so I take you one step at a time

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tayebest(m): 10:18am On May 26, 2015
kombo:

You can install wordpress from the CPanel of your host provider, and you can also purchase theme from Themeforest online

If you need a guide, let me know when you ready so I take you one step at a time

-Kombo
hey bro! See what I just create in nothing less than 5mins smiley hope is cool... I. Still need ur advice oo »»» https://tayebest./
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by Whizzcute(m): 10:54am On May 26, 2015
kombo:

It simply means the sites that are referencing your website have low Google PageRank (PR), let me explain in simple terms

Imagine a company with CEO, MD, Assistant MD, Accountant , HR, Cleaner, Gateman. Two people need a job in that company, lets say Dayo and Taiwo. Dayo knows the MD while Taiwo knows the Gateman.

The MD and Gateman both submit their candidates to the HR, in all honesty who do you think the HR will rank higher and give more attention/preference to? *Assuming Dayo and Taiwo have the same qualifications*

Thats how it is with Google and Backlinks, if you get a referral from CNN, BBC or website with high PR, Google treats you better than someone that got backlinks from low and unpopular websites

-Kombo
okay thanks,so can help with some tips to increase my backlinks?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:09am On May 26, 2015
deebsman1:
pls how do i install WP on my computer?
Install a Webserver
- download and install XAMPP: https://www.apachefriends.org/

then install wordpress in your root directory
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by hostkobo(m): 11:18am On May 26, 2015
wreckormend:

Here is a nice free theme: https://wordpress.org/themes/focus/

it has a custom video player, can be used even for educational purposes.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 12:22pm On May 26, 2015
tayebest:
hey bro! See what I just create in nothing less than 5mins smiley hope is cool... I. Still need ur advice oo »»» https://tayebest./

Its a good start, populate with your content, play at the backend and spoil many things so you can learn smiley

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2015
hostkobo:

Here is a nice free theme: https://wordpress.org/themes/focus/

it has a custom video player, can be used even for educational purposes.

Cool!
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2015
hostkobo:

Install a Webserver
- download and install XAMPP: https://www.apachefriends.org/

then install wordpress in your root directory

LOL... you explained like the person knows it already... LOL
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by deebsman1(m): 3:43pm On May 26, 2015
kombo:

My pleasure
thanks for yesterday, can u pls help with joomla installation process too?
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2015
deebsman1:

thanks for yesterday, can u pls help with joomla installation process too?

Nope, wrong thread!!

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by tayebest(m): 4:41pm On May 26, 2015
kombo:

Its a good start, populate with your content, play at the backend and spoil many things so you can learn smiley

-Kombo
how can I add the read more to a post?? HeLp »»» www.tayebest.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by wpbing: 5:27pm On May 26, 2015
kombo:
StNonsky - Find quotes

call 08104509469

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by oladeledave: 8:56pm On May 26, 2015
If you need help with setting up your WordPress blog email me @ dvdpaddy@gmail.com
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by oladeledave: 9:01pm On May 26, 2015
Google no longer rank sites with backlinks, there are new ways pages get ranged on google.com, if it were to be backlinks , my website will not rank first in this searchwww.dynamicexploits..com
kombo:

-Kombo

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by seegi(m): 9:24pm On May 26, 2015
wow nyc thread rate my dsgn www.wisebaze.com it is a customise carrington. Thankz
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:21am On May 27, 2015
oladeledave:
Google no longer rank sites with backlinks, there are new ways pages get ranged on google.com, if it were to be backlinks , my website will not rank first in this searchwww.dynamicexploits..com

Try read out what I wrote in red fonts at the tail end.

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:26am On May 27, 2015
oladeledave:

And Bros... what just happens is if you visit a site too often... it caches on ur browser and tend to rank higher dan normal... Or maybe you did a graphic manipulation

Below is my search result using same keywords

Cheers

-Kombo

Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by oladeledave: 9:43pm On May 27, 2015
I dint come up with that key word myself bro, it came up as a result of the search stats on google wic brought up my website, it was a search word that people entered on Google wic brought up my website.
kombo:

And Bros... what just happens is if you visit a site too often... it caches on ur browser and tend to rank higher dan normal... Or maybe you did a graphic manipulation

Below is my search result using same keywords

Cheers

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by oladeledave: 9:44pm On May 27, 2015
I can still show u more proof that sites often visited does not cache on ur browser except u allowed it
oladeledave:
I dint come up with that key word myself bro, it came up as a result of the search stats on google wic brought up my website, it was a search word that people entered on Google wic brought up my website.
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:47pm On May 27, 2015
oladeledave:

Maybe i shouldnt have said KEYWORD ... i shld have said QUERIES or search Entries or what you typed in google.

All I am saying is... these things are not accurate... ur analytics show for it and the truth lies within you

-Kombo
Re: Post All Your Wordpress Issues Here (strictly Wordpress) by kombo(m): 10:48pm On May 27, 2015
oladeledave:
I can still show u more proof that sites often visited does not cache on ur browser except u allowed it

Ok Boss... I am sorry I doubted you.. forgive me

-Kombo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is In Nigeria! (CC Hub, Yaba Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Writes On His Meeting With Buhari And Osinbajo In Abuja / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50