Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. (994 Views)

If Your Parents Were To Be Divorced, Who Would You Go With Mum Or Dad? / Nigerian Couple Reconcile 31 Years After They Divorced / Widow Loses Pregnancy After Being Battered By Man Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 8:18pm On May 14, 2015
Heavenly or Earthly divorce. . . which one is more devastating?
Or do they both carry the same weight emotionally? undecided

If man puts you and your partner asunder

Vs

If YOUR GOD puts your marriage asunder. . . .

I am still thinking. . . . .

How does it feel to be divorced in the courthouse as opposed to be divorced by death?
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 8:27pm On May 14, 2015
Divorce is like any phase in a man or woman's life. Some people will pass through it, some people will not pass through it

some people will carry the burden to the grave some will get over it so bottom line life is in phases men are in sizes. Moreover you may need to listen to toni Braxtons new album titled love marriage and divorce. She explained every thing there in a beautiful rnb collections
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 8:31pm On May 14, 2015
However in Nigeria why women choose to sit in a dead and yet to be buried marriage is that if they divorce, where will they go to, how will they start their lives back. How will the children cope, how will the Christian women fellowship see them, how will their colleagues at work see them. Especially with the snide comments and remarks. It happens to men too though
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 8:35pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Divorce is like any phase in a man or woman's life. Some people will pass through it, some people will not pass through it

some people will carry the burden to the grave some will get over it so bottom line life is in phases men are in sizes. Moreover you may need to listen to toni Braxtons new album titled love marriage and divorce. She explained every thing there in a beautiful rnb collections

Nne, nor be the kweshun wey I ask be dis o.
Let me explain further.

What circumstance is more bearable?

Just brain-storming. kiss
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 8:37pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
However in Nigeria why women choose to sit in a dead and yet to be buried marriage is that if they divorce, where will they go to, how will they start their lives back. How will the children cope, how will the Christian women fellowship see them, how will their colleagues at work see them. Especially with the snide comments and remarks. It happens to men too though

Try again! grin

Something prompted me to ask this question.

I know a lady that was married for over 25 years to a man she had 3 lovely kids with.
But because of numerous domestic issues, they did not live together for the last 10 years or more of the marriage.
The never got divorced.

. . . Then the man died.
The woman attended the funeral and confessed that she would rather have had him alive even with the bad marriage.
It got me thinking out loud. . . . . kiss
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 8:41pm On May 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Nne, nor be the kweshun wey I ask be dis o.
Let me explain further.

What circumstance is more bearable?

Just brain-storming. kiss
well I think if you have gotten to your witts end and you think you cannot take it anymore then you check out. It's just that Christianity doesn't believe in divorce instead it is forbearance and endurance
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 8:44pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
well I think if you have gotten to your witts end and you think you cannot take it anymore then you check out. It's just that Christianity doesn't believe in divorce instead it is forbearance and endurance

This thread is not about 'divorce'.
It is about what is more tolerable.
Would it be better to have a BAD, living divorced spouse OR A DEAD GOOD SPOUSE! wink
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 8:45pm On May 14, 2015
I think she's just being emotional. It happens to everyone. No matter how terrible a person's character is, if he or she dies that's when he will realise what he has lost and by then reality will dawn on her that she won't see him again. Besides no matter how bad a person is, he will still have his good sides. It might be that part she is crying about
KanwuliaJara:

Try again! grin

Something prompted me to ask this question.

I know a lady that was married for over 25 years to a man she had 3 lovely kids with.
But because of numerous domestic issues, they did not live together for the last 10 years or more of the marriage.
The never got divorced.

. . . Then the man died.
The woman attended the funeral and confessed that she would rather have had him alive even with the bad marriage.
It got me thinking out loud. . . . . kiss
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 8:47pm On May 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

This thread is not about 'divorce'.
It is about what is more tolerable.
Would it be better to have a BAD, living divorced spouse OR A DEAD GOOD SPOUSE! wink
haaa none is better o.lets just pray such doesn't happen. May God forbid it
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 8:49pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
I think she's just being emotional. It happens to everyone. No matter how terrible a person's character is, if he or she dies that's when he will realise what he has lost and by then reality will dawn on her that she won't see him again. Besides no matter how bad a person is, he will still have his good sides. It might be that part she is crying about

She actually stood by the grave and confessed to the world that she had lost her 'BEST FRIEND'!
This is more than being 'just' emotional.
That was deep!

The man had been living with another woman among others for years.
Don't forget they have 3 kids together who lost a father too. . . than can NEVER BE REPLACED! kiss
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 8:54pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
haaa none is better o.lets just pray such doesn't happen. May God forbid it

Now, you are talking!
My thoughts exactly.

But If I were to choose. . . I would prefer a LIVING, DIVORCED SPOUSE. . . No matter how BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
Death is too final! No room to make amends. kiss

A divorce decree from MAN is more tolerable than a divorce decree from ABOVE.
It cannot be avoided. . . .That is the sad part.
Death unrelated to natural causes is most unpalatable!
Especially due to ill-health or accidental causes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 8:56pm On May 14, 2015
Hiaannn this one pass me o . Marriage is more complicated and complex than we see it o.everyday new dimension arises that beats every form of reasoning and logic. Besides late bimbo odukoya said you fall in love with a personality but you're going to live with the character and you know human beings are very unpredictable
KanwuliaJara:

She actually stood by the grave and confessed to the world that she had lost her 'BEST FRIEND'!
This is more than being 'just' emotional.
That was deep!

The man had been living with another woman among others for years.
Don't forget they have 3 kids together who lost a father too. . . than can NEVER BE REPLACED! kiss
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 8:58pm On May 14, 2015
You're asking me to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Both factors leave a terrible permanent scar in people's lives that cannot be gotten over from.
KanwuliaJara:

Now, you are talking!
My thoughts exactly.

But If I were to choose. . . I would prefer a LIVING, DIVORCED SPOUSE. . . No matter how BAAAAAAAAAAAAD!
Death is too final! No room to make amends. kiss

A divorce decree from MAN is more tolerable than a divorce decree from ABOVE.
It cannot be avoided. . . .That is the sad part.
Death unrelated to natural causes is most unpalatable!
Especially due to ill-health or accidental causes.
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 8:59pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Hiaannn this one pass me o . Marriage is more complicated and complex than we see it o.everyday new dimension arises that beats every form of reasoning and logic. Besides late bimbo odukoya said you fall in love with a personality but you're going to live with the character and you know human beings are very unpredictable

Then then when DEATH DOES DO US PART. . . . It is no joke! sad

I prefer man to put us ASUNDER. . . THAN ANY 'SUPERNATURAL' FORCE!
That is what all these have taught me. kiss
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 9:01pm On May 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Then then when DEATH DOES DO US PART. . . . It is no joke! sad
It is not o.just like the movie titanic I remember the line "I'll never let you go jack"

Smh
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by KanwuliaJara: 9:04pm On May 14, 2015
SAMBARRY:
You're asking me to choose between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Both factors leave a terrible permanent scar in people's lives that cannot be gotten over from.

There is only one devil an the deep blue sea in this case for me.
Even when we do not control the hand of fate. . . . .One circumstance is always better than the other.
We may not have choices, only preferences. kiss
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by ifyalways(f): 9:06pm On May 14, 2015
I think naturally, people in super horrible marriages would prefer or even pray they are " die-vorced" by God so they can finally breathe and live their lives.

For now, I can't think of any as an option for me as I'm enjoying the best of my OWN world. No divorce / dieforce from man or God.
Re: Food For TOT #1! To Be Divorced By Your God Or By Man. by SAMBARRY: 9:07pm On May 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

There is only one devil an the deep blue sea in this case for me.
Even when we do not control the hand of fate. . . . .One circumstance is always better than the other.
We may not have choices, only preferences. kiss
its true sha embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Do You Address Your Elder Ones By Their Nick Names? Disrespectful Or Not / . / Revealed : Poor Men Die Sooner 'due To Low Testosterone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.