Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership (49937 Views)

PDP BOT Sacks Sheriff And Makarfi; Takes Over Party Leadership / Pardon Saraki, Dogara, APC Chieftain Begs Party Leadership / APC Lawmakers-Elect Boycott Meeting With With Party Leadership - TheTrent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Akbee(m): 5:29am On May 15, 2015
*Says he’ll take a short rest outside Nigeria
*Adds: My very close aides did not vote

By Henry Umoru

ABUJA — PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan has told the National Working Committee, NWC, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, that he would return stronger to help rebuild the party after taking a short break outside the country with his family.
The President urged the leadership, stakeholders, leaders, elders and members of the PDP to put behind them the defeat the party suffered during the March 28 presidential election where it lost to the All Progressives Congress, APC, after 16 years in power and build the party for future elections.
President Jonathan, who did not actually blame the leadership of the party for his loss at the election, was said to have heaped the blames on some of his very close aides, just as he told the NWC members that a Special Adviser from the North did not even vote on the day of Presidential election.

Vanguard gathered that President Jonathan, who thanked members of the NWC for their support, disclosed to them that soon after the May 29 handover of government, he would travel outside the country with his family, rest, recuperate and then come back to politics later, but not immediately.

President Jonathan who also warned the leadership of the party against apportioning blames asked them to ensure that the PDP does not disintegrate because of March and April elections.

PDP will bounce back

He said from all indications, the PDP would bounce back against the backdrop that there would be the problem of ego where three persons will be serving as Presidents of the country with only one elected.
The Wednesday meeting was held behind closed doors at the Presidential Villa with the aim of ending the lingering crisis in the party after the general elections where some PDP governors, party leaders, stakeholders and members have been calling for the sack of the present National Working Committee, NWC, under Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu.
The meeting, the first of its kind since the PDP lost the presidency after 16 years of leadership to the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari, retd, was a postmortem on the election, to discuss the way forward for the party especially the move to heal the inflicted wounds, to restrategise as well as reposition the party.

It was also gathered that those present at the meeting used the opportunity to ruminate on the elections and the loss where they wished that the PDP would have won the election.

The ruling PDP, which controlled the Presidency, the Senate and the House of Representatives for 16 years since 1999, did not only suffer Presidential defeat, but it lost in its traditional states of Plateau; Niger; Kaduna; Benue; Bauchi and Jigawa.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/ill-return-stronger-to-rebuild-pdp-jonathan-tells-party-leadership/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Nobody: 5:36am On May 15, 2015
Goodluck to Goodluck I believe next time you will make a good decision in who you choose to work with. mean while urge them to refund appreciable amount. The account as been messed up

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Pebcak: 5:43am On May 15, 2015
Bros J the dreamer grin grin grin grin
let us know when u wake up

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Nobody: 5:46am On May 15, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Isn't that funny?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by oluwafemi113(m): 6:00am On May 15, 2015
Ogogoro Man be like grin grin grin

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by ramdris(m): 6:13am On May 15, 2015
Now I can confidently say: PDP is dead if who they need to make it stronger is GEJ.
With due respect, the man is not a born Leader. He will do well as member of BOT but not the front man.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Nobody: 6:14am On May 15, 2015
Taking a rest outside nigeria?
Can u see life
Assuming he did well in his 6 years stay in office he won't have to worry about other countries
If their various heads of state are like u will u run to their country?
I believe in our nigeria
Go take ur rest jona

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Goddex: 6:14am On May 15, 2015
[size=13pt]Yes sir!!!

Already, in another news, Buhari is begging GEJ to give him governance tips

Nigeria will enter #OneChance from May 29 with an empty headed brain dead sinile grandpa as it's . . .

[/size]

86 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by luvinhubby(m): 6:31am On May 15, 2015
I believe Nigeria will still need this man in the future, his only undoing was trusting some insincere people.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by realtestament(m): 6:38am On May 15, 2015
GEJ, u're d best we ever had....we gonna give u our full support, believing u coming back stronger dan ever..

#God bless GEJ
#God bless naija
#God bless NL
#God bless Me

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by coldFLARES1(m): 6:38am On May 15, 2015
It's going to be a very long walk ... to comeback if the PDP is relying on the uninspiring and less charismatic Jonathan to provide them leadership as the 'largest' opposition party in Africa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by realtestament(m): 6:38am On May 15, 2015
GEJ, u're d best we ever had....we gonna give u our full support, believing u coming back stronger dan ever..

#God bless GEJ
#God bless naija
#God bless NL
#God bless Me

#AMEN

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by domopps(m): 6:42am On May 15, 2015
Who cares? So far he is going that settles it!

Cheeeeeers

3 Likes

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Nobody: 6:53am On May 15, 2015
Gej will build PDP to be a force to reckon with not OBJ who is Always a betrayer for his own selfish agenda.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Sibrah: 6:58am On May 15, 2015
God help you.

Same man who left Bayelsa empty and seem lost in that small space called AsoRock. Wants to come build PDP, a party he couldn't sustain with total power. I bet he is still clueless about the fact that PDP governors are trying to get rid of the faintest of his fingerprint by pushing for the removal Muazu and co.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by size40: 7:02am On May 15, 2015
lol.... GEJ go home and enjoy ur loots. some u couldn't do while on seat lol..... PDP is dead and can never come back again. Adiu PDP..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Orunto: 7:04am On May 15, 2015
G-O-O-D-L-U-C-K!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by georjay(m): 7:25am On May 15, 2015
Travel out kwa? Otuoke no dey pursue you nah....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:37am On May 15, 2015
from the prison?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by DaGC(m): 8:23am On May 15, 2015
Goodluck sir.

Until proven otherwise, I'll still say that since 1960, no administration has carried out more infrastructural projects than his.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by magaliyu(f): 8:31am On May 15, 2015
OBJ has done it before from a prisoner to a president,pray that your jail sentence wont last 100 years.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by tolexy007(m): 9:06am On May 15, 2015
Well u need to rest and clear ur head, Naija politikz no b small tin....Wishing u happy rest. God bless u, God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Zico5(m): 9:06am On May 15, 2015
This man fails to wake up from his hallucination that PDP is already dead and buried in Nigeria. I wonder how we re subjected to the shame called GEJ. Nigeria has never fell this low before, though tough days re ahead for the incoming government but it cannot be as bad as what we have experienced with PDP since 2010. We re waiting anxiously.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Nobody: 9:06am On May 15, 2015
smiley
he said he will go back to otuoke before na angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by shachris02: 9:06am On May 15, 2015
i thought he was going to the UN?
Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by maggilove(f): 9:07am On May 15, 2015
I wish him well.
Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by Firefire(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2015
Our dear President; Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, you are already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of your departure has come.

You have fought the good fight, you have finished the course, you have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for you the crown of

righteousness.

We in your team still believe you.

We thank you for your peaceful conduct and resolution for a one Nigeria.

Please enjoy your days ahead, and hope to see you back in the near future.

We shall continue to love and admire you sir.

Firefire: For the team.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by eleko1: 9:07am On May 15, 2015
undecided a deserve rest or runaway undecided .PDP won't nid U by the the time u come back from Ur self exile.Bad rubbish

2 Likes

Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by naijainfogalery: 9:08am On May 15, 2015
Goodluck Jonathan after may 2019 we would either name you as the best president ever or the worst in the Nigerian history.
Re: I Will Return Stronger To Rebuild PDP,Johnathan Tells Party Leadership by jasa1000(f): 9:08am On May 15, 2015
Uncle pls tell us a story.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku In Secret Meetings With APC Stalwarts - Authorityngr.com / 2 Truckloads Of Armed Fulani Herdsmen Arrive In Akure - Sahara Reporters / Peter Obi Live Interview On CNN (Video link and Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.