Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:26 PM

If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi (29728 Views)

Saraki Speaks On His CCT Trial Win: "I Bear No Grudge Against Anyone" - / Buhari Never Said He Would Declare His Assets Publicly, APC Did - Presidency / What APC Did To PDP At Benin Presidential Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:04am On May 15, 2015
Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi yesterday said he would have been hounded out of the country by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)-led government, had the All Progressives Congress (APC) lost the election.

Amaechi spoke at the public presentation of the compilation of his administration’s achievements in Lagos. The book “Dynamics of Change: The Amaechi Years” is edited by Dr Chidi Amuta and Dr Yemi Ogunbiyi.

Amaechi said he knew that he would be in trouble if change did not happen in Nigeria and was prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to make it happen.

“I knew I was going to be in trouble. Anything that would cause that change not to take place, I was ready to make that sacrifice. The federal government sent out a signal that if they won nobody should let me out of Nigeria from any airport. One day Asiwaju got angry with me. He was very angry. I went to his house with Mallam Nasir El-Rufai and knelt down, saying ‘please let’s not disagree, let’s win first and then we can disagree’.”

“I lost my passport in Ghana and went to the High Commission. They gave me a certificate but the Ambassador was given a query for doing so. I later applied for a passport and they gave me green, not red. Now they have given it to me – two weeks ago,” Amaechi said.

The governor said while his battle with President Goodluck Jonathan lasted, many of his friends either abandoned or took care not to be seen with him in public. He said he was mostly preoccupied with bringing change to Nigeria and not about what to get from the government.

“I told Asiwaju that what is important is to make a history of the first civilian coup in Nigeria when your children and grandchildren read the history with your name as one of the people who helped bring about change in Nigeria.

“I said, let us focus on the victory. I remember the day of the convention, there were so many intrigues, there will be convention, there won’t be convention, I said my leader, if we don’t do the convention we are finished, the press will say APC cannot hold a convention, lead us now, there must be convention and election. So, he turned to me and said look for Tunde (Fashola), let us go.”

The event which was well-attended by chieftains of the APC was a time of tributes and eulogies for Amaechi by his friends and colleagues. Some of those present included: APC national leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, former interim chairman, Chief Bisi Akande and Nobel laureate Prof. Wole Soyinka.

There were also Governors Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun), Abdulazeez Yari (Zamfara), representatives of Kwara and Bauchi state governors. governors-elect of Kaduna and Lagos states, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai and Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/amaechi-buharis-victory-saved-me/

12 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by midolian(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2015
The 'General' of common sense revolution. The lion of Ubima. The slayer of GEJ. grin grin

modestbrowser:

He didn't slay Gej.
He almost did nothing to contribute to the loss of Gej, he only contributed money. Even his own state was claimed by Gej
e easy to contribute money? Without money, many things wldnt have wrked. Pls, respect the lion of Ubima and the 'General' of common sense revolution. Despite all the names he was called, just like reverend mbaka, he stood his ground.

Tuale to the slayer of GEJ grin

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by IfeanyiSamuelz(m): 9:12am On May 15, 2015
Yea yea yea...... OBJ ma Frenemy Fayose mi boi GEJ MY HERO!!!!

5 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by rottennaija(m): 9:14am On May 15, 2015
Hmm... This is revealing

1 Like

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by OduaVanguard: 9:17am On May 15, 2015
midolian:
The General of common sense revolution. The lion of Ubima. The slayer of GEJ. grin grin

Yes o. A PDP slayer. grin

He took a very big, albeit calculated, risk and bet on the right horse.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by vecman22(m): 9:20am On May 15, 2015
Well done sir....... the only general of common sense revolution... you are indeed a man with a lion's heart

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:25am On May 15, 2015
midolian:
The General of common sense revolution. The lion of Ubima. The slayer of GEJ. grin grin
He didn't slay Gej.

He almost did nothing to contribute to the loss of Gej, he only contributed money.

Even his own state was claimed by Gej

11 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:27am On May 15, 2015
vecman22:
Well done sir....... the only general of common sense revolution... you are indeed a man with a lion's heart

Your type was criticising this man 2months ago

4 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:27am On May 15, 2015
IfeanyiSamuelz:
Yea yea yea......
OBJ ma Frenemy
Fayose mi boi
GEJ MY HERO!!!!

Wft are u even saying?

2 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:30am On May 15, 2015
Amechi is a hero!!

History will ever remember him for his contribution to bringing the must desired change Nigeria seek

I love you Amechi!!

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by aare07(m): 9:32am On May 15, 2015
Thank God for you

1 Like

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:34am On May 15, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Amechi is a hero!!

History will ever remember him for his contribution to bringing the must desired change Nigeria seek

I love you Amechi!!

For your mind.
Why not wait to see if the game changers will perform well before giving them honours others haven't approved?

4 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:39am On May 15, 2015

AMONGST THE SOUTHERN GOVERNORS, AMEACHI IS THE BIGGEST LOSERsmiley.

In one fell swoop, he lost the entire political structure of the SECOND OR THIRD RICHEST STATE IN NIGERIA, got villified as a sellout and became South-South's public enemy numero uno.

HE ISN'T EVEN ASSURED OF A SIGNIFICANT POSITION AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL JUDGING FROM THE RECENT SCHEMINGS AND SHENANIGANS BY THE NORTH.

Rotimi 'Pawn' Amaechismiley.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:43am On May 15, 2015
modestbrowser:

For your mind.
Why not wait to see if the game changers will perform well before giving them honours others haven't approved?

I'm 200% sure they will not disappoint

Do I need remind you their past achievements?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by OduaVanguard: 9:44am On May 15, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

In one fell swoop, he lost the entire political structure of the SECOND OR THIRD RICHEST STATE IN NIGERIA, got villified as a sellout and became South-South's public enemy numero uno.

HE ISN'T EVEN ASSURED OF A SIGNIFICANT POSITION AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL JUDGING FROM THE RECENT SCHEMINGS AND SHENANIGANS BY THE NORTH.

Quiet down Mr. Noisemaker. He has Federal might to fall back on, besides you are celebrating too soon coz the Tribunal will ultimately decide Wike's fate -- remember how Amaechi himself got into power in the first place via the courts? No matter how you look at it he still comes out a winner,after all he done do im two terms. cheesy

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:54am On May 15, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Quiet down Mr. Noisemaker. He has Federal might to fall back on, besides you are celebrating too soon coz the Tribunal will ultimately decide Wike's fate -- remember how Amaechi himself got into power in the first place via the courts? No matter how you look at it he still comes out a winner,after all he done do im two terms. cheesy

Federal might? Federal protection? Can a chick (Southerner) find solace in a nest of hawks (Northerners)?cheesy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:56am On May 15, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

I'm 200% sure they will not disappoint

Do I need remind you their past achievements?

Yea remind me.

2 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 9:58am On May 15, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Hahaha.
U just murdered ameachi.

He doesn't know how this abokis is playing kpom kpom with thinks.

4 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Volksfuhrer(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2015
You've got to hand it to Ameachi. Confronting a sitting President was no ordinary feat. Only a fearless man could pull that off!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 10:30am On May 15, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
You've got to hand it to Ameachi. Confronting a sitting President was no ordinary feat. Only a fearless man could pull that off!

U know the president was 1 big Akamu.

L

6 Likes

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by ENZOSCIFO1: 10:47am On May 15, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Federal might? Federal protection? Can a chick (Southerner) find solace in a nest of hawks (Northerners)?cheesy

It is this your archaic and shameful mindset of ethnic prejudice ahead of pluralistic logical reasoning that is responsible for GEJ loss. Even as a Niger deltan myself I find it utterly annoying when baboons of your ilk told me to vote for GEJ because he is Christian Souhterner and from my region..... What arrant nonsense from deluded minds

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by JingoOAU(m): 10:50am On May 15, 2015
I've said it times without number, the greatest beneficiary of this 2015 elections is Amaechi....not Buhari, not Tinubu, not APC.

Forget the fact that he couldn't deliver Rivers to APC, but had it been PDP won the presidency, Nigerian borders would have been closed by now, surveillance would be beemed around the Government House in PH...he will be restricted and confined to Rivers state only pending the May 29 when the Immunity clause will cease to operate.

On the day of the Presidential elections, only God knows what would be running through Amaechi's mind....infact, his HBP would have risen astronomically....

But we thank God that the agents of darkness and backwardness never have victory over us as the masses had their way....the greatest loser is definitely not Jonathan, but Patience Jonathan

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:07am On May 15, 2015
ENZOSCIFO1:

It is this your archaic and shameful mindset of ethnic prejudice ahead of pluralistic logical reasoning that is responsible for GEJ loss. Even as a Niger deltan myself I find it utterly annoying when baboons of your ilk told me to vote for GEJ because he is Christian Souhterner and from my region..... What arrant nonsense from deluded minds

Dimwit, if only you were cerebral enough to regurgitate contempary political happenings at the center, premised on the requisite knowledge of the pecularity of voting patterns and have been stock-keeping the diatribes being traded in the polity, you would have known that the presidential election was tribal and, as expounded by key Northern figures in recent weeks, a process to return power to the North. But your foolihardiness has blinded you, vidiotsmiley.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by okooloyun1(m): 11:28am On May 15, 2015
Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by umarc19: 11:28am On May 15, 2015
SS can never find any man loved outside their region as Amaechi.

They keep making him a hero in our eyes.

Amaechi stand for the truth. He's our hero!

That fat okirika cow should expect wike to come after her in the few months he's going to spend in the office before the court sends him packing.

-Caseless, April 15 2015

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by AnneMomoh: 11:29am On May 15, 2015
Ameachi , hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Maczeelly(m): 11:29am On May 15, 2015
Na Godwin be that......
Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Helkayklassic(m): 11:29am On May 15, 2015
Thank God trekking is now lucrative, if Apc had lost u might has been the one to start the trekking game, may be by trekking to Ghana or Liberia.
Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by folabayo1(f): 11:30am On May 15, 2015
Amaechi Amaechi Amaechi!
How many times I call u ?? grin
Watch ur back o grin

1 Like

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 11:31am On May 15, 2015
you believed it, you took the risk, it paid off.
that's life, anything worth doing, is worth doing well.

1 Like

Re: If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi by titi202: 11:31am On May 15, 2015
Do you want to become a professional web developer and make social websites like
Facebook Learn it now in just 2 weeks!
Visit this link and start learning for FREE! >>
http://tulztutors2010r..com/ Hurry Now!
Offer Closes Soon!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

90-Year-Old Woman Risks Her Life To Save N300 Potatoes In Maiduguri / Buhari Taking Credit For Jonathan’s Achievements, Says Rep. / UK, US warn residents against travel near Kuje prison, 19 states

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.