Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State (19275 Views)

Massive Demolition Of Buildings Going On In Aba (Photos) / Demolition Of Buildings On Lagos-abeokuta Express Way Renders Masses Homeless / FCT Begins Demolition Of Structures In Abuja After 24hr Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by frediech(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2015
Abia state Government this morning, embarked on demolition of sunsheds projections of shops in Umuahia town. this is just few weeks after elections. Residence of Umuahia experiencing this a great shock after it has been recorded that majority of them didn't vote the the state's ruling party, PDP. Is this a kind of revenge on the dwellers? lolzz

5 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Tunami(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2015
ok oo we don hear
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by ramdris(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2015
Nothing wrong with the act if the structures are illegal. Same thing is happening here right now in New York where am staying.

7 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by frediech(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2015
More of d pix

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by frediech(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2015
More

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 15, 2015
Supported if dos structures are illegal...this backward state should mean business this time around....

5 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by kahal29: 12:15pm On May 15, 2015
Mmmmmh
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by funkybully(f): 12:53pm On May 15, 2015
Demolition of attachment n extension to buildings not main buildings.

Welcome development

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 15, 2015
I agree that extensions of building should be demolished because it is illegal shocked

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by WilyWily: 1:47pm On May 15, 2015
dat is nice,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by money121(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by chynergy1(m): 2:36pm On May 15, 2015
I don't want to believe it is being done in good faith. this is a payback time for the people for rejecting their
own for senate and other elective posts. it will only be for a while. we hope the tribunals will deliver judgement in time.
demolition is not the best idea now, especially when govt purse is on red alert. sad

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 15, 2015
shud do something about the bad raods in aba, and the mountain of rubbish there, i hear say aba gals no dey bath at all.

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 15, 2015
I hope there is a relocation or compensation plan.

Else, na robbery go be the next threat o.

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by baybeeboi: 2:37pm On May 15, 2015
the question is it's legality.

Meanwhile, this Girl above me had nothing to say but had to say something anyway.

2 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Ikegift4real(m): 2:38pm On May 15, 2015
y now? last chopping .

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by synergycom19: 2:38pm On May 15, 2015
It is the attached that is being demolished
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by maggilove(f): 2:39pm On May 15, 2015
At present I am a corp member in Abia state and I believe the state is underdeveloped, if there would be development and progress, there must be change and if there will be change many people will be affected. This is my own opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Escalze(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2015
Na now Wey Orji remember to start work?

No nwam.

Make he no reach 'Papa' side ooo
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by ITbomb(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2015
Where in Umuahia

I hope it is demolish and clean up not just breaking down shanties and leaving the town uglier than before.

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Bants(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2015
People wey no too get una dey break small tins wey break...hope they have plans for them illegal structure naija no be illegal country lol
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Markieee(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2015
Haha at least they've felt a bit of What Aba felt in the past 8years.. It's Good tho
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Ezenwammadu(m): 2:41pm On May 15, 2015
Demolish all of them as far as they illegal.Adopt the obi's style and demolish all criminal houses and hideout

1 Like

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by swezenberg(m): 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
No be brown roof I dey see so. I comment my reserve

2 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Gboliwe: 2:42pm On May 15, 2015
frediech:
Abia state Government this morning, embarked on demolition of sunsheds projections of shops in Umuahia town. this is just few weeks after elections. Residence of Umuahia experiencing this a great shock after it has been recorded that majority of them didn't vote the the state's ruling party, PDP. Is this a kind of revenge on the dwellers? lolzz

Stop whining my friend! If you built an eyesore on a major street all because there was a lawless government, be ready to be demolished when a government with town plannin map comes onboard.

The only way I can fault this demolision is if the owners were not pre-informed, atleast some peaceloving ones would have used their hands to remove it and thereby retrieve the good zincs.
This is what the government should embark on the next three months from May 30th in Aba. Just demolish everything inside that Ngwa road axis and rebuild. Abia has money and we also have strong men.

4 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Gboliwe: 2:44pm On May 15, 2015
maggilove:
At present I am a corp member in Abia state and I believe the state is underdeveloped, if there would be development and progress, there must be change and if there will be change many people will be affected. This is my own opinion.

Where are you from? Where do you reside? What state did you school in? What part of Abia are you serving?

2 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by WIZGUY69(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2015
Good riddance.

80% of buildings/structures in Abia are illegal and unfit for man.

Next..... Onitsha (ochanja)

after that

Ebonyi.

Later now one monkey will be telling US they have the best neighbourhood in the whole World. shocked

5 Likes

Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by naijainfogalery: 2:45pm On May 15, 2015
Its just funny that its always the poor people that suffers the change or transformation in democracy so pathetic, i could remember in one area i once lived, we had this bad road and have been crying to the state govt, the day the government finally heard our cries and decided to fix the road, half of the houses in the area was demolished, belonging to people who couldnt afford another one leaving them without a house
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by loomer: 2:46pm On May 15, 2015
Na illegal dem call am, so no wahala
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by lightheart(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2015
I hope occupants were pre-informed.
Re: HAPPENING NOW: Demolition Of Properties In Umuahia, Abia State by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 15, 2015
are you sure this is umuahia? it looks like ibadan - see as rusted roofs full ground everywhere. op pleas check your photos again

[size=4pt]sarcasm (for the dumb. . .)[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress / Nigerians To Own Houses For N1.5m Soon - Developers / DISTRESS SALE DISTRESS SALE EXISTING FENCED FARM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.