Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! (20921 Views)

But Is Bingo The Only Nigeria Breed Of Dog (pix) / Bags And Wraps Of Dog Chicken For Sale (we Deliver Anywhere In Lagos) / What Breed Of Dog Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by MrCork: 2:43pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
Hey nairalanders! I hope this topic is in the right place? Alright! Here's the story, I work in a pharmaceutical company and our boss is an Indian who has been in Nigeria for more than 20 years!! I think since 1992! He's the best boss a man can ask for and equally a great pet lover! He has 3 dogs. So 2 weeks ago, one of his dogs was very sick and died while he was at work; he became extremely moody which was so unlike him; speaking in English unlike his constant reference to yoruba and pidgin. One of my colleagues then told him to' get over it, shey na just dog na' and for the first time I saw anger blazing literally from his eyes. He sent him out and was very cold to him since then.
Today, he fired him just like that!
So so surprised and shocked!! Is this really worth it??
I love dogs! But isn't this extreme?
Cc lalasticlala et all

......THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, A BOSS HAS EVERY RIGHT TO FIRE HIS EMPLOYEE.... SO WHAT IF THE EMPLOYEE IS FROM LAGOS?

.....YOU HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNN (NO OFEINSE)
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
liar!!! My dog isn't gay abeg!

She's gay, you better find her a female mate to hump ASAP.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Skoopy(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2015
I don't pity your colleague, I pity the poor dog grin
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by nosike3(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2015
koice:

She's gay, find her a female mate to hump.
lol!!! She is probably religious grin she's sworn to be celibate!! Yes my dog is a nun!!! grin grin
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by asiwaju: 2:46pm On May 15, 2015
expozey:
I can understand the boss' reaction. My mum usually sheds tears at the death of any of our dogs(2 died aged 9, and 1 aged less than a year). She even wanted to do a mini-burial for the 3rd onegrin I refused and had it thrown into a nearby
bush as done to the others.

You must be a very useless Person,throwing a dead pet inside bush,and i think you are very proud of yourself,Oponu radarada.[color=#000000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
lol!!! She is probably religious grin she's sworn to be celibate!! Yes my dog is a nun!!! grin grin

Nun ke, shaolin monk ni. Abeg leave that thing bro. Alana needs a biitch to hump. Provide her with one.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Apitch(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2015
Funny enough, most of the commenters here are worse than the Op's colleague
A dog died and the guy was insensible to the situation and got served!-fine
A guy lost his job and U guys are celebrating it!- May GOD have mercy on us all
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 15, 2015
Are you okay?
kalindaminda:
The guy ate the dog and was feeling guilty
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Iytech(m): 3:12pm On May 15, 2015
I remember when our little 'puffy' died after being sick, many years ago, my mum wept silently, and in our family devotion, my uncle prayed that God accepts its young soul into dog heaven, if any thing like that ever exists.

#The moral lesson of the story is; don't make silly jokes about what a close friend gets emotional about.

3 Likes

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 15, 2015
expozey:
I can understand the boss' reaction. My mum usually sheds tears at the death of any of our dogs(2 died aged 9, and 1 aged less than a year). She even wanted to do a mini-burial for the 3rd onegrin I refused and had it thrown into a nearby bush as done to the others.
that was so heartless of you. sad and you're a lady...
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by fpeter(f): 3:16pm On May 15, 2015
your colleague deserved the sack, don't joke with people's pain,a man is grieved and you thought it wise to tell him to get over it??
sometimes when you come across a grieving person just shut up,say nothing because most times you end up saying the wrong thing
or causing more harm than good,that majority of Nigerians don't value their dogs or pets doesn't mean other people don't....

5 Likes

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by blackboy(m): 3:27pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerians fire their staff for less even several have fired their staff for the death of their dog. Ohh , it's news cause it's an Indian. They are not supposed to because they are not in their country? Plsss , lets be open and stop being bigots, Indian this, oyinbo this, chinese this, what about we Nigerians, Igbo , hausa, yoruba etc abeggy. This is not news

1 Like

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by shamecurls(m): 3:27pm On May 15, 2015
Ezedon:
May be he is from Akwa ibom

roflmao! grin grin grin grin
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by nkemjacob2(m): 3:52pm On May 15, 2015
nigerians please sack that useless indiana.. we dont need them in our country
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by autaspakladi: 4:13pm On May 15, 2015
There was something else,to his action...
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by quenzi(m): 4:14pm On May 15, 2015
Your boss was right......in developed countries animals hv rights same way as humans therefore their deaths are treated as such. I have once witnessed situations whereby a man maltreated his dog and was arrested, someone hit a stray cat wit his car and called an ambulance and a guy got slapped down on a train for hitting his OWN dog. In contrast, animals are harmed, hunted down and even eaten as local delicacies in Nigeria without remorse! When they die, they are thrown out on d roads or dumped in wastelands for them to rot. Your friend's ignorance I'm afraid cost him his job.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by stevedeey(m): 4:22pm On May 15, 2015
I don't knw d reason y I find it difficult to believe dis lie or sorry story
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by uchpanila(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2015
nwakaibeya1:
so many people who own dogs use the dogs to operate at night in the spiritual realm and those of you who are blind spiritually think it is an ordinary dog the indian man could be mourning because they have taken away his spiritual powers unknowingly to his servant and the death of the dog could lead to the death of the indian man very shortly watchout as many human beigns are dogs ,elephants and tigers and cows in human form and pretend before spiritually ignorant humanbeigns,but it takes the spiritual to know what humans look like exactly in the spiritual world the hidden world

Akuko uwa, stories that touch
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Ngozi24(f): 4:25pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
that's true sha!! My neighbour has a dog that has been in the family for 15 years!! A little older than his first son! You can imagine making such a statement to him!!! Some dogs are family!!!

What? I can't believe you concurred. How does your colleagues comment affect the efficacy of his job. Is the dog more important than the country you boss lives in? Maybe your boss should be contacted so he understands he can go back to his country and forget the business if he is pained by the death of the dog rather than terminating appointments. We need more serious investors in Nigeria, obviously your boss isn't.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 15, 2015
Your ex colleague should get over it, shey na just job?

2 Likes

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by princefaculty(m): 4:33pm On May 15, 2015
It serves your colleague right, Na himbuy the dog for the Indian man abi Na him de use him money feed the Indian man dog or even sef, Na him face the Indian man de use observe the moodiness wen e get liver to tell A̶̲̥̅♏ say, "shey Na just dog, get over am?

Some persons just love pets with their life & aside that dog according to a popular belief & saying is a man's best friend. That it does not talk make some people see it as "just animal". Civilized people value animals greatly. My family for one love pets, we lost a Bullmastiff few months ago & u need to see how my kidbro cried.

Na over sabi & familiarity cost A̶̲̥̅♏ him jobs so. I go therefore advise A̶̲̥̅♏ make e go learn
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by sorextee(m): 4:36pm On May 15, 2015
It's not a lie.. dogs do live up to dat year..
egbaguy:
u can lie sha......15yrs old dog
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by OfficialIYANU(m): 5:12pm On May 15, 2015
I won't say serves him right buh, one must use COMMON SENSE at least when addressing people... especially the Boss! Nigerians have constantly forgotten that not every situation calls for a Joke!

In other news, download this Banging New Gospel track here:

[url=http://tindeck.com/download/pro/jflok/%5Btindeck.com]Free MP3 download: DANCE_IYANU FT. EL.mp3[/url]

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 15, 2015
I for tell the mann to sell the meat cheap to me and be happy with the cash. I dey chop dog meat and another man dey cry say e dog don die.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by KingAfo(m): 5:31pm On May 15, 2015
Nigerians talk loosely
We should learn to keep our mouth shut. Serves him right. Orubebe dem!!

1 Like

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Baroba(m): 5:53pm On May 15, 2015
iykebesbt1:
Sizwe Bansi is dead

Haha, I read this in my literature class many years ago... great memories

1 Like

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 15, 2015
Heart2heart:
The sacked boy should buy anoda dog(ekukeh) and an empathy gift card for his ex-boss. Submit both to him on a monday morning. Ekukeh dog or Lampi no go cost pass 1500naira. I have 5 of them roaming around my street looking for shit to eat. Thank me after!
Hahahhahahahahahahhahahaha....i don laff fall for floor
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by mrbeam: 6:08pm On May 15, 2015
DOG ARE LOYALIST WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD SOMEONE HURT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING THAT IS LOYAL TO ANOTHER MAN... GOD HELP US
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nihilist: 6:09pm On May 15, 2015
Just goes to show how ignorant Nigerians are of labour laws...then again it depends on the terms of his contract

That Manager would not dare try that in a developed country unless he has money for a lawsuit.

Even if the employee insulted his manager's mum, the employee is still entitled to disciplinary hearing first before anything else.

Sack because of Dog? Them never born the manager well.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by omode2(m): 6:23pm On May 15, 2015
alienvirus:
Hmm. Naturally, Indians are very terrible in their character. Work for them at your own disappointment.
indians are too emotional I have worked wt them even tru their bollywood films u would knw. That means he doesnt value your colleague. He could have corrected him. Some ppl see dogs as just like any animal u can eat while some see it as a pet.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by FitnessNigeria: 6:28pm On May 15, 2015
olaxco2f:
angry

THIS IS HILARIOUS SHA!

I LOVE PETS

BUT NOT DOGS

SNAKES AND THE LIKES

REPTILES ROCK

cool cool cool

You well at all?

Reptiles? Snakes? Crocodiles?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Vets Perform Abortions On Dogs? / 10 Incredible Hybrid Animals You Wouldn’t Believe Exist. (PHOTOS) / Get CRUSHED NOODLES for dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.