Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. (247243 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa 2019 AFCON Qualifiers: 0 - 2 (Full Time) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) / Super Falcons of Nigeria Thread: 2015 Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
[b]Oliseh Jumps to Enyeama's Defence By: George Akpayen
Former Nigeria captain Sunday Oliseh has frowned at the manner in which his country's football governing body is handling the issue involving goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) this week summoned the Super Eagles captain and goalkeeper before a disciplinary committee for what it described as "unguarded comments" to the media over its choice of the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna for their 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad earlier this month.
Enyeama did not turn up before the committee on the claims that he did not receive any official notification of such and did not respond to an earlier query given by the NFF. Reports in Nigeria now suggest that the LOSC Lille Metropole goalkeeper could be sanctioned.
But Oliseh is of the view that Enyeama should be treated as a professional footballer and not a civil servant under the full employ of the football federation.
The former Juventus and Borussia Dortmund midfielder believes that Enyeama's view as captain of the Nigerian men's national team "should be respected."
"He is not a civil servant. Why are you querying him?" Oliseh asked in an interview with Brila FM on Friday.
"He is a professional football player, the captain of the team and simply aired his opinion and I think that should be respected.
Oliseh, 40, further said it was wrong to crucify Enyeama, who he regards as "one of the best goalkeeper in the world."[/b]

mobi.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/150626/Oliseh_jumps_to_Enyeamas_defence

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
[b]Opabunmi: My Kids Won’t Play For Nigeria
—Struggling Ex-Super Eagles Star Laments Lack Of Assistance
By Izuchukwu Okosi:
Former Golden Eaglets and Super Eagles forward Femi Opabunmi has vowed to stop any of his children who takes to football as a career from representing Nigeria.
News went viral some days ago that Opabunmi, who was the Bronze Ball winner as the third Most Most Valueable Player of the 2001 FIFA U17 World Cup in Trinidad and Tobago, had almost gone blind and is broke.
On a live radio programme on Top Radio FM, Lagos on Friday, Opabunmi insisted that the Nigeria Football Federation abandoned him in his time of need.
Consequently, the former Shooting Stars of Ibadan star says he will stop any of his children who might want to play international football for Nigeria.
“Its a bad story. Sometimes I don’t want to watch Nigerian football because any day I want to do so, I cry,” Opabunmi, who featured for Nigeria at the 2002 FIFA World Cup as a teenager, said.
“I don’t know if the NFF will help me now. I needed their assistance. I will like my children to play professional football in future, but I will not allow them to play for this country.
“My experience brings me bad memories. I will rather encourage them to take up nationalities of other countries and play international football elsewhere.
“I believe in God. If He says they (NFF) will do something for me, they will, and if they can’t, there’s nothing we can do.”
Opabunmi further revealed another interesting side of his life when he was asked about his love relationship with a young girl whom he promised to marry.
It was rumoured that the said girl had laid a curse on the former Nigerian international who jilted her.
“Its not true (that I was cursed). I promised someone that I would marry her but I’m not perfect because I’m a human being,” Opabunmi explained.
Opabunmi some days ago said only Osaze Odemwingie and Seyi Olofinjana were his friends who gave him some money for an eye operation, as well as coach Adegboye Onigbinde.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/opabunmi-my-kids-wont-play-for-nigeria/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
[b]I’m Not Desperate For S’Eagles Recall –Aiyenugba
Bnei Yehuda goalkeeper, Dele Aiyenugba, has seen his return to the Nigerian national team as achievable but insisted on given his best to his newly promoted Israeli team.
Aiyenugba, who disclosed this while featuring on a TV programme in Ilorin, ascertained his readiness to represent Nigeria anytime he was invited, adding that his major focus was his club.
He said the energy was still there for him to play for his country to reclaim the loss glories for Nigeria.
“It’s a great feeling for me to represent this country and don the National team colour, but one needs to take things cool and face the challenges ahead,” said the former Enyimba goalkeeper.
“I’ve been there before and now that am not there, I need to take things calm; football is about chance and time and I think I did my best when I was given the opportunity. If it comes calling again, I will still do my best; what makes a man is the ability to rise again when you are down and glory be to God because things are working well for me in my club side,” he continued.
He called on private and corporate companies to invest and support Nigerian League for stability and productivity.
“It’s a thing of joy that our league is improving by the day; those in charge (LMC) have brought a lot of tremendous and positive turn around to it but they will need the support from big companies to attain better standard and make it stable for right,” Aiyenugba concluded.[/b]

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/06/im-not-desperate-seagles-recall-aiyenugba/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
[b]Roma linked with Nigeria International Raheem Lawal
by Emre Sarigul

Roma are interested in Eskişehirspor midfielder Raheem Lawal according to technical director Bahadır Ünalan.
Ünalan also denied interest from Turkish league champions Galatasaray who have also been closely linked with the 25-year-old midfielder.
“There have been no offers from Galatasaray but we do have an offer from Roma and talks are ongoing,”he told Radyospor.
Lawal joined Eskişehirspor from Mersin Idmanyurdu last February for €1 million.
The central midfielder has two assists and two goals in all competitions for EsEs last season. The Nigerian international made a total of 30 appearances and averaged a 6.88 rating according to Who scored.
The 25-year-old earned a reputation as a hard working, physical midfielder averaging 1.4 tackles 1.3 interceptions per-game.
The Eskişehirspor star also kept hold of possession well averaging 40 passes with an 80 percent accuracy and made an 0.9 key passes per match.
The young midfielder has made six international appearances for the Nigerian national team.
EsEs finished last season in 11th place on 39 points and are managed by Michael Skibbe.[/b]

www.turkish-football.com/roma-linked-with-nigeria-international-raheem-lawal/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ex international Efe Sodje has stated that Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi must name strong squads in the set of qualifying games.

Sodje demands the Eagles must instill fear in opponents as they bid to return to the continent in 2017 when Africa converges again in Gabon.

According to the 2000 African Cup of Nations silver medalist in a chat with www.footballlive.ng the Eagles need to finish off teams early enough during games.

” The Super Eagles need to push through the next group games and come out with the fear factor. Keshi should come up with very strong squads in the next couple of games and finish off teams as soon as they get out on the pitch.”

Nigeria started off its nations cup campaign with a 2-0 win against Chad and next face Tanzania in Dar es Salam.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Daninya11:
Ex international Efe Sodje has stated that Eagles Coach Stephen Keshi must name strong squads in the set of qualifying games.

Sodje demands the Eagles must instill fear in opponents as they bid to return to the continent in 2017 when Africa converges again in Gabon.

According to the 2000 African Cup of Nations silver medalist in a chat with www.footballlive.ng the Eagles need to finish off teams early enough during games.

” The Super Eagles need to push through the next group games and come out with the fear factor. Keshi should come up with very strong squads in the next couple of games and finish off teams as soon as they get out on the pitch.”

Nigeria started off its nations cup campaign with a 2-0 win against Chad and next face Tanzania in Dar es Salam.
Efe Sodge is right. We need to name a squad that will send shivers into the spine of our opponents. The problem here is do we have such players at the moment?
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]COTE D’ IVOIRE JOB: NFF May Drag Ivorien FA to FIFA, CAF
• Over poaching of Eagles’ coach
• Nigeria to demand proof on Keshi from FIFA
THERE are strong indications that cheiftains of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) are set to report their Ivoiren counterparts to the Federation of International Football Associations (FIFA) and the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) over the poaching of her national team’s chief coach, if it turns out that Stephen Keshi didn’t apply for the vacant Ivory Coast job.
“The truth is that if we find out that Keshi didn’t actually apply for the job we might have to take immediate action – including taking them to CAF and possibly FIFA,” said the official.
NFF will officially write the Federation Ivoirienne de Football (FIF) over Stephen Keshi being shortlisted for the vacant job of the Ivory Coast national team.
Keshi was last week named in a 60-man shortlist released by the Ivorian football federation which has irked the NFF.
Already Keshi has had to face the NFF Disciplinary Committee but the Nigerian FA, supersport.com has been informed, is still carrying out its inquest in unravelling if Keshi actually applied for the Ivorian job despite being in contract as Super Eagles’ head coach.
“We will contact the Ivorian FA,” a top official told supersport.com on Thursday. “The process of investigation into the matter is still ongoing.”
Keshi is currently into the second month of a two-year contract he signed with the Nigerian federation.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/cote-d-ivoire-job-nff-may-drag-ivorien-fa-to-fifa-caf/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:15pm On Jun 27, 2015
2017 AFCON qualifiers: Eagles Will Win Without Onazi – IghaloSuper Eagles and Watford of England striker, Jude Odion Ighalo, has revealed that the Eagles will sorely miss suspended midfielder Eddy Onazi in the forthcoming fixtures of the 2017 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifiers.
Onazi was sent off in Nigeria’s 2-0 win in the first 2017 AFCON qualifier against Chad in Kaduna, but Ighalo insists there are players capable of filling that position.
Ighalo stated that the Eagles are poised for a good showing in the forthcoming games which the midfielder will miss and has predicted great outcomes.
”He made mistakes and apologised to the team but certainly he’d be missed in the next set of games because he’s an important member of the team.
”I’m sure we have players who can ably deputise in Onazi’s unfortunate absence. So, we’ll keep working hard together, remain focused and get good results without him” Ighalo told www.footballlive.ng.

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Carpi Close to Grabbing Joel ObiAccording to are port bySky Sport Italia, Nigeria international Joel Obi is on the radar of newly promoted Serie A side Carpi.
The higher-ups at the Biancorossiare pushing to close a deal for the Inter Milan player in the summer transfer window. And they are mulling whether to acquire his whole economic rights from Inter Milan or snap him up on a season-long loan.
Carpi will compete with fellow Serie A new comers Frosinone for the signature of the attacking midfielder.
Though Joel Obi is under contract with Inter Milan until June 30, 2017, a departure from the San Siro is not out of topic following his lack of first team opportunities.
In the last three seasons, the 24-year-old has made only 7 starts for Inter Milan in the top flight.

thenationonlineng.net/new/carpi-close-to-grabbing-joel-obi/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
Taye Taiwo to Return to Serie A?Nigeria defender Taye Taiwo, who has featured for AC Milan in Italy, may return to play in Italy again after he became a free agent on leaving Bursaspor of Turkey.
According to a report in Italy, the left back is likely to make a return to Italy and he is currently training in France.
He was most recently on trials with Polish club Wisla Krakow.
Taye Taiwo quits Turkish club Bursaspor
According to the transalpine foot365.com, the Nigeria defender could again feature in the Italian Serie A as he is being monitored by several clubs there.
Taye Taiwo played four games for AC Milan.

africanfootball.com//news/541063/Taye-Taiwo-to-return-to-Serie-A

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
Spurs to Fid for Victor MosesEnglish Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur are considering a bid for Chelsea winger Victor Moses, according to mirror.co.uk.
Moses spent last season on loan at Stoke City and the manager Mark Hughes has shown interest in having the Nigeria international back to the Britannia Stadium.
A swap deal that will involve goalkeeper Asmir Begovic going in the opposite direction to Chelsea has even been suggested.
Stoke to swap goalkeeper plus cash for Victor Moses?
However, The Mirror claims that Spurs have turned their attention to the AFCON 2013 winner after failing to land Jay Rodriguez or Anthony Martial, while Sevilla's Carlos Bacca is thought to prefer a move to Liverpool.
Moses joined Chelsea from Wigan in 2012 and has played the last two seasons on loan at Liverpool and Stoke City.

africanfootball.com/news/541054/Spurs-to-bid-for-Victor-Moses

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
2017 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers Nigeria
Anderson Esiti Claims Monaco Interest
Nigeria midfielder Anderson Esiti has said there is interest from Monaco for him.
And the Estoril of Portugal star said he would be honoured to play for a top club like Monaco.
“Yes, there is interest from Monaco for me, but it’s not yet official,” the 21-year-old player revealed.
Nigeria 2 Chad 0
“I will be honoured to play for such a big club, who feature in the Champions League season after season.”
The little known Esiti made his Eagles debut in an AFCON 2017 qualifier at home against Chad earlier this month.
The Warri-born Esiti joined Estoril last year from another Portuguese club Leixoes SC.

africanfootball.com/news/540736/Anderson-Esiti-claims-Monaco-interest

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]Dele Alli New Zidane Says Ex-MK Dons BullardFormer MK Dons midfielder Jimmy Bullard has said Nigerian youngster Dele Alli could be a great star like Zinedine Zidane as he is set to start his sojourn with EPL side Tottenham Hotspur.
Bullard said he watched the youngster, who had great season with MK Dons last season scoring 16 goals to help them secure promotion, and sees similarities between the Dons academy product and Zidane, who is widely considered as one of the greatest players to have ever graced the game having played for Juventus and Real Madrid and won a World Cup and European Championship with France.
"I watched him (Dele Alli) last season and the stature of the boy and how calm he was on the ball, it is very rare you see an English player like that," he told Talksport.
"He has got a long way to go but the way Zidane would caress the ball, relax, and his head would swivel, he is that kind of player. He is more of a continental player.
"The boy has got power, but he's also got great technical ability."[/b]

africanfootball.com/news/540768/Dele-Alli-new-Zidane-says-ex-MK-Dons-Bullard

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nigeria International Striker Aaron Samuel returned to action for his Chinese club Guangzhou R&F Wednesday night with a goal in his first game after he featured in an AFCON 2017 qualifier against Chad.
The former Valeranga forward scored in Guangzhou R&F 2-1 loss at home to Henan Jianye.
Samuel equalised for his team with his 72nd minute strike to send his club fans into wild jubilation, but this was later cut short when the opposing team scored the winner.
He has now scored three goals in nine games.
Content

africanfootball.com/news/540595/Aaron-Samuel-on-target-again-in-China

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
Keshi, Enyeama query: Erico, Chukwu ask NFF for pardonContent
With the recent face-off between the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi and team’s captain, Vincent Enyeama still raging, former national team handlers, Christian Chukwu and Joe Erico, have appealed to all the parties to exercise restraint in the interest of the country’s football.
The NFF last week accused Keshi of applying to handle the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire which they see as a breach of contract when he is still having a two-year contract with Nigeria while Enyeama was summoned to appear before the NFF Disciplinary Committee for his refusal to answer a query issued to him for making uncomplimentary remarks about Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna after their 2017 Nations Cup qualifier against Chad.
While Keshi has denied ever applying for the Ivorian job eventhough his name was on the shortlist, Enyeama failed to appear before the disciplinary committee fueling rumours that he might be sanctioned by the football ruling body for act of indiscipline.
But in a telephone interview with Saturday Mirror, Chukwu noted that while he will never support insubordination by either Keshi or Enyeama, there is the need for both parties to find a way of settling the matter amicably considering the implication of the disagreement on the country’s next qualifier against Tanzania in September.
“It is really disgusting that this type of problem is coming at a time when all resources should be geared towards ensuring that Nigeria qualifies for the next Nations Cup. “There is the need for amicable settlement of all the issues involved because allowing the matter to linger will definitely affect our next qualifier against the East African nation of Tanzania,” Chukwu said.
According to the former Harambee Stars of Kenya coach, it is morally wrong for Vincent Enyeama to have complained openly about Kaduna because as the skipper of the team, any action he takes will affect the general morale of the players.
He noted that although it is true that he might have some reservations about the venue but as the captain of the team, there are more matured ways and channels to make his grievances known instead of coming out in public to do so.
Chukwu stated that although he has not heard Enyeama’s side of the story but if it is proven that he tore the query issued to him by the NFF, he should be ready to face any punishment meted out to him because having played football at the highest level, he is supposed to be disciplined and respect the country’s football administrators.
“I want to say that it if it is true that Enyeama tore the query issued to him by the NFF, he should be held liable for his action because he signed a code of conduct with the football house and there is nothing wrong with NFF issuing him a query because such behaviour if proven amounts to insubordination.
On the issue of Keshi applying to handle Cote d’Ivoire when he still has a contract with the NFF, Chukwu explained that since Keshi has come out to deny the allegation, the football house should accept his explanation and allow the coach to continue with his job so there will not be any distractions as the country continues preparation for the next qualifier against Tanzania.
Speaking in the same vein, former assistant coach of the Super Eagles, Joe Erico, maintained that he had expected Keshi to call it quits with the national team immediately he won the Nations Cup in 2013 arguing that if he had done that, all the issues being raised about his commitment to the Super Eagles job would not have arisen.
Erico insisted that he does not believe that Keshi applied for the Cote d’Ivoire job knowing full well that he still has a contract with the NFF and since he has come out to refute the story, the NFF should take it as a non issue. The former NEPA of Lagos FC coach cautioned Enyeama to learn from the current imbroglio and avoid making unguided utterances considering his position in the team, even as he appealed to the NFF and the duo to sheath their swords in the interest of Nigerian football.
nationalmirroronline.net/new/keshi-enyeama-query-erico-chukwu-ask-nff-for-pardon/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Only Results Will Save Keshi —NFFContent
By John Egbokhan
Officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have said that only positive results will save Stephen Keshi in his second-time spell as Super Eagles coach.
Keshi has come under scrutiny following reports linking him to the vacant Ivorian job and outburst of captain Vincent Enyeama on the suitability of the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna on June 13. The Lille of France goalkeeper had said that Kaduna was not safe for the 2017 AFCON qualifying match because of the security situation in the northern part of the country.
His comments had fuelled security fears, prompting the NFF President, Amaju Pinnick to assure all that Kaduna was safe for the game. Eagles won the match 2-0 but the NFF later issued Enyeama and Keshi queries and invited both to appear before the Organising and Disciplinary committee, which the goalkeeper shunned. Keshi appeared before the NFF panel and cleared himself.
Keshi
But we have gathered that some members of the NFF are not happy that Keshi has not been able to control his players. They traced this trend to the 2013 Confederations Cup when the players refused to fly to Brazil in a jet hired by FIFA. They agitated over match bonus and brought international shame to Nigeria. The next was at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil, where they threatened not to play France in the second round until their share of the FIFA World Cup money was given to them.
In all these, Keshi could not control the players. And now, Enyeama seems to be a problem that Keshi could not address.
Keshi appears to have lost control over his players, especially key acts like Enyeama and John Obi Mikel. Enyeama’s outburst really jolted the NFF that they had to double their security expenses. They said it would have been calamitous if Chad had acted on the statement and objected to play, fearing attacks on them during the game.
It was learnt that the statement by the former Enyimba goal-stopper caused panic in Kaduna and Governor El Rufai had to beef up security presence in the city. Sources told us that members also suspected that Enyeama preferred kwa Ibom to Kaduna.
We can however authoritatively report that while members frowned at the conduct of Keshi in the past, they said they were determined to give the former Togo and Mali coach full support to succeed.
But they said that Keshi has to help the situation by turning in good results that will endear him to Nigerians.
“Nobody will talk to Keshi or be harsh to him if he is winning. Results will keep him on the job”, one NFF source source said.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/only-results-will-save-keshi-nff/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
Oliseh Wants Eagles’ Matches in Lagos.
Content

Former captain of the Super Eagles, Sunday Oliseh, advised the Nigeria Football Federation to use the National Stadium, Lagos for subsequent matches of the national team.
Oliseh, who said this during an interview with Sports Radio Brila FM, noted that the Super Eagles the Lagos stadium can create the right atmosphere for the national team to win all their home matches.
He added that the current national team players were playing under little pressure compared to when he played for Nigeria.
Oliseh said, “It’s a lot easier now to play for Nigeria and I guess that is one of the reasons we are not doing so well now. In those days, you go to the National Stadium, Lagos in front 100, 000 fans. After 20 minutes, you have not scored, the fans go crazy and your family lives in Lagos; that is pressure. When you go to the Africa Cup of Nations or the World Cup and you know that second is not enough; that is pressure. When you have to play and the future of your family is at stake; that is pressure.
“I’m overtly telling them that if we want to go back to the top; we need to bring the Super Eagles back to Lagos. If England have an important match to play, they play you at Wembley because that is where they have the greatest number of fans and that is where it becomes emotional for the players. The National Stadium is our own Wembley. I played for Nigeria for 10 years and we never lost at the National Stadium. That shows you how mythical it was to play there. The players need that kind of atmosphere to perform.”
Oliseh also said the row between the Super Eagles captain, Vincent Enyeama and the NFF was unnecessary, saying Enyeama has the right to express his opinion about match venues.
He said instead of the NFF sending a query to the Lille goalkeeper, the President of the federation, Amaju Pinnick, should have called Enyeama and resolved the issue quietly.
“Enyeama is the captain. He is free to air his opinion. If the man is unhappy playing in Kaduna, take your decision as a federation but respect the man’s opinion,” Oliseh said.
www.punchng.com/sports/oliseh-wants-eagles-matches-in-lagos/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]Odegbami Bags All Time Legend Award–Late Rasheed Yekini Awarded Perennial Legend award
Former Nigeria winger, Mathematical Segun Odegbami was at the weekend unveiled as the Nigeria's All Time Legend by the Glass House Entertainment, GHE, in Lagos.
Also at the TV show, late Rasheed Yekini was also honoured with the Perennial Legend award at the colourful ceremony held in Ikeja, Lagos.
Organisers of the event, Glass House Entertainment, GHE, said The Legendary Show is the first of its kind on African TV, saying it was inspired by the desire to reward selfless service.
"The Legendary Show team makes history as it remembers, celebrates and honours illustrious sons and daughters in Nigeria and Africa, who through their personalities, talents, career skills and patriotic actions have undeniably contributed to nation building, national unity,economic development, and culture preservation in Africa", organisers said.
"They have,through their endeavours, encouraged good works and positive developmental values among the younger generation and have left their footprints on the sand of time for generations yet unborn."
They would now be referred to as Legendary Rasheed Yekini and Legendary Segun Odegbami.
Other legends who cut across sectors like music,literature, performing art, sports, politics, and artistry, were honoured as well on The Legendary Show.
All the legends were grouped into five categories: Perennial Legends, All-Time Legends, Today’s Legends, Next Generation Legends and Kids’ Legends; which serves to reiterate the reason for the show- celebrating legends, making legends, and inspiring legends.
Honoured in the first season alongside the sport legends were Legendary Jimi Solanke, Legendary Raskimono, Legendary Patrick Doyl, Legendary DJ Jimmy Jatt, Legendary 2face Idibia (now known as 2Baba), and many others across all five categories.
Filming for Season One of The Legendary Show started on Friday, 19th June 2015 and ended on Monday, 22nd June 2015.
The Legendary Show is sure going to be the biggest television show on African TV and one of the best in the global entertainment industry.
The Legendary Show is one of many TV contents from Glass House Entertainment, a fast growing media and entertainment company in Nigeria.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/odegbami-bags-all-time-legend-award/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]NFF Vs Keshi And Enyeama: A Soap Opera Full Of VillainsBy Nurudeen Obalola:
After the Super Eagles passed up the chance to defend their 2013 Africa Cup of Nations title by failing to qualify for last year’s edition of Africa’s biggest and most important competition, the last thing the country’s football needs is an unnecessary crisis.
What should have been dealt it by the Nigeria Football Federation firmly and decisively has been allowed to become a mirthless circus that will likely not end well.
The Vincent Enyeama and Stephen Keshi situations have shown the NFF hierarchy up as attention-seeking leaders apparently struggling to control impudent subordinates.
All the parties have played their unsavoury parts in the show of shame that promises only a slippery descent into ultimate failure.
First, Enyeama should have been careful in making statements about any part of Nigeria because our country is deeply divided along ethnic and regional lines, and comments from public figures are often taken out of context.
If the Super Eagles captain’s concerns about the playing surface were the only ones he had, few eyebrows would have been raised. After all, the best players would rather play on the best pitches, and Nigeria is too big not to have a proper pitch for its senior national team.
But when he questioned the choice of Kaduna over security issues, Enyeama – perhaps unwittingly – crossed a line. Some oversensitive people would say he was complaining only because the match was in the north.
Perhaps he meant no harm, but Enyeama really had no cause to condemn Kaduna based on fears of insecurity. On the surface, the statement may seem harmless, but if you are from Kaduna or based there, you would probably not be happy to hear something like that about your state.
Enyeama reportedly said: “I don’t like the choice of Kaduna based on what is happening in the country but then the government knows exactly what to do to make us safe.”
If Enyeama knew the government was capable of making himself and his colleagues safe, why then did he publicly question the choice of Kaduna? Couldn’t he have raised these concerns privately with the NFF and even the Kaduna State government and demand extra security?
Anyway, what exactly is “happening in the country” that is peculiar to Kaduna?
Obviously, Enyeama meant the Boko Haram insurgency that has terrorised some parts of Nigeria, but Kaduna has been relatively safe for the past one year.
Kaduna last suffered from a major terrorist attack in June 2014 and has been safe since.
Of course some might say the fact that Kaduna even suffered any attacks at all meant one should be worried about its state of security.
But, last year too, Abuja suffered THREE major terrorist attacks between May and June. And Enyeama had no problems camping in that same city or even playing there if the stadium was available.
If Abuja was okay, what then was wrong with Kaduna?
Abuja was so unsafe at a point last year that a friend of mine fell out with her mum because the mum insisted she quit her job in the federal capital and return to Lagos.
Besides, Enyeama played in Israel for years in spite of the never-ending conflict between that country and Palestine, and the Hamas rockets.
Some of those rockets have hit Tel-Aviv and killed people. There have been reports of suicide bombings in Tel-Aviv, a city he lived and played in for years.
And Enyeama would always tell you he had absolutely no security and safety worries about Israel.
Anyway, Kaduna people will also tell you they are far from Borno and Yobe, the major hotbeds of Boko Haram’s insurgency.[/b]

To be continued in the next post....

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]continued from the last post.....As for the NFF under the leadership of Amaju Pinnick, they appear to love a public show of power; they seem to thrive on pissing contests.
Instead of quietly dealing with Enyeama by giving him a strong verbal warning and letting him know he would not get away with such statements in future, they have turned the matter into a joyless soap opera.
It has become a drama where there are no heroes, only villains.
Now, opinions are sharply divided, some backing Enyeama, others supporting the NFF.
Rather than a written query and an invitation to a needless hearing, the matter would have died a natural death with a meeting on the night of the match with the whole team. The NFF should have then warned all the players of the implications of making such statements and made them promise not to have a repeat.
With that prompt and humane approach, there would be no need for queries being (allegedly) torn or disciplinary hearings ignored.
Even if the NFF felt the need to punish Enyeama to serve as a strong deterrent to others, they should have gone ahead and done so. No need for the melo drama.
Ireland dropped their best player Roy Keane for dissent in the run-up to the 2002 World Cup, yet they had a decent outing.
Ghana punished Sulley Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng at the World Cup last year for disrespecting FA officials, Ghana were not disgraced.
Even our own FA sent three important players – Celestine Babayaro, Victor Agali and Yakubu Ayegbeni – home from the Tunisia 2004 AFCON for breaking camp curfew. The Super Eagles still won their standard bronze. The world did not end.
The NFF should have either verbally warned Enyeama (considering he apparently meant no harm) or punished him (if they felt he was not remorseful) and drawn the line.
Enyeama has given years of meritorious service to Nigeria and bashing him in public is not the way to go.
On the other hand, Enyeama is answerable to the NFF so long as he remains a Nigeria international and he should respect their authority. Two wrongs don’t make a right.
The public show has done nobody any favours, just like in the Keshi case.
If Keshi did apply for the Cote d’Ivoire job as was reported, it is easy to find out.
Instead of the waste-of-money fact-finding trip to Abidjan being muted, why not contact the Ivorian FA through any of a number of communication channels available these days that would cost little or nothing.
If he did indeed apply, has he broken any clause in his contract? Is there a stipulated penalty if he did?
If his claim of not applying is true, forget the matter and move on.
We’re delving into dangerous territory if we allow this perception that the FA is on one side and the players and coaches are on the other.
If the cat and mouse relationship that has existed between the NFF and Keshi spreads to include the players, the country will ultimately be the loser.
While the NFF needs to stamp its authority, it does not have to humiliate the coach and players in doing so.
For instance, there is nothing wrong in fining Ogenyi Onazi for that rather silly red card against Chad that could have cost his team dear. But, instead of announcing the fine and making a huge deal of it, the NFF could simply have deducted it from his bonus or allowances and let him know why the action was taken.
The announcement of the fine and Onazi’s joking about it on Instagram with Enyeama (as reported exclusively by comple tesportsnigeria.com) show that there is disharmony and mutual disrespect in the Super Eagles set-up.
Now, there are serious speculations that Enyeama’s international career may have ended and Keshi‘s job is on the line.
If this toxic situation continues to build until the qualifiers against Tanzania and Egypt in September, it would blow up in our faces. And missing the 2017 AFCON would be a distinct possibility.
All concerned in this matter must grow up and act like the adults they are supposed to be.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/nff-vs-keshi-and-enyeama-a-soap-opera-full-of-villains/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]SALAMI: EGYPT DON’T SCARE EAGLESSuper Eagles forward, Gbolahan Salami believes strongly that Nigeria will be at the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon. The Warri Wolves forward who scored Nigeria’s first goal against Chad in Kaduna, told Complete Sports' BAMIDELE BOLUWAJI in this exclusive interview that Egypt does not scare him, saying they will play the Northern Africans with a winning heart.
You are one of the domestic League players who has proved what they can do at club and national level, what is the secret?
I don’t have any secret, than the ability God has given me to work hard and I believe if I don’t show commitment to my profession, there is no way I can make it .So I have got to work hard and believe in myself. Football is so physical that if you don’t give your best, fans will easily notice it and they won’t give you the kind of support you need from them.
What inspiration did you get before scoring against Chad in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier played in Kaduna recently?
Playing for my country alone is enough inspiration and as a player, I always believe that much is expected from me and I’ve got to give my best to make sure that we win. You will agree with me that the match was tough and if we had not scored that goal, probably the Chadians would have been targeting a draw against us and it would have been a problem. It is a huge inspiration playing for Nigeria.
What did the goal mean to you as a player?
It means a lot to me and I strongly believe it will open doors for me. I must also thank our fans for their support and prayers that really saw us wining the match. This is the first match in the AFCON qualifiers and we needed to start well, so I think it was a good result for us and we are going to make sure we work harder to win the remaining matches.
Odion Ighalo scored the second goal in the match, how do you feel playing with him?
It was a good experience for me and I must tell you that we see ourselves as brothers and friends, so it has been a good experience playing in the same team with him. Football is all about working hard and learning from every game played and playing in the same national team with him has helped me to learn from other players.
Don’t you think that a 2-0 win against Chad is a slim one?
No, it is not. The truth is that we won and we got our two points, we can only improve on that and work towards ensuring that we qualify for the Nations Cup. We are just starting and I am sure that our next game is going to be better. The coaches told us after the match in Kaduna that we can improve on that and we all agreed.
Nigerians had expected one of the foreign based players to open the scoring against Chad but a home based player did it, how do you feel and what does it mean to the domestic league?
I feel great and happy to do it for my country, you know football is a team work, we all worked for it but I said to myself, I would be the one to score, simple. As in what the goal means to me, it means a lot to me and that shows that we have quality players in our league here. Like I said, in football, you have to keep working every day so that you can get better and that is it. Anybody could have scored the goal as well.
Would you describe the Chadians as an easy team?
No, there is no easy team anywhere. If we did not play well, they would have beaten us and that would have been the end, but we realize that we must not joke with the match and God helped us to win 2-0, which is good for us.
How would you describe the experience of playing under Coach Stephen Keshi?
It is a nice feeling playing under a very accommodating and experienced coach like him. But for you to win any coach’s heart, you also need to work hard as well. I am happy playing under him.
After the Chad match, the Super Eagles will play Tanzania, what are you looking forward to in the match?
Yes… I am looking forward to an exciting match and we are not going to underrate them, this is the time we really need to work hard for any points we need to qualify for the Nations Cup. We have only played a game with just three points so if we can win that match, it will be an advantage for us.
Nigeria will also play Egypt next year…
It is going to be a tough match but they don’t scare me because it is a game of football, all we should just ensure we do is to prepare very well for every match we play.
Let’s talk about your club, Warri Wolves, do you see the team finishing the season with a continental ticket?
We are still in the season and by the grace of God, we will work towards that.
Finally, do you see Nigeria making it to the 2017 AFCON?
God has the final say in everything but we will do our best to get there, with the support of Nigerians as well.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/salami-egypt-dont-scare-eagles/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
[b]Ogunjobi Urges Nigerian Coaches To RelearnBy Taiwo Adesanya:
Erstwhile Nigeria Football Federation Secretary-General,Taiwo Ogunjobi,has expressed the need to improve the technical knowledge of Nigerian coaches.
Chief Ogunjobi said Nigerian coaches lack the requirements to compete with their counterparts abroad, which has always been the problem of the national teams at the Mundial and other tournaments.
"Nigerian coaches need to improve on their technical brilliance. They all make the same errors at the big stage which require them not to relent on the training they get here," he begins.
"They should go abroad for more refresher courses which will help them compete favourably with their counterparts.
"All these foreign coaches that we cherish so much today took it upon themselves to refresh themselves with modern day technology to help them improve on their work" added Ogunjobi.
The former Green Eagles player chided Nigerians for blaming the players for the flop by the Flying Eagles and the Falcons.
While Flying Eagles crashed out in the round of 16 of the FIFA U-20 World Cup in New Zealand, Super Falcons were ousted from a the group stage of the FIFA Women's World Cup in Canada.[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/ogunjobi-urges-nigerian-coaches-to-relearn/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2015
Akindele Delighted With New Dallas DealNigerian-born Canada international Tesho Akindele has said he is delighted to sign a new contract with the MLS side FC Dallas.
The MLS Rookie of the Year 2014 signed a new contract till 2018 with his club Thursday.
"I couldn't be happier right now," he said.
"This team obviously took a chance on me when maybe some other teams wouldn't have in the draft. I'm glad it worked out my first year and I'm excited to be here." Akindele said.
Tesho Akindele dazzles for FC Dallas
The 23 year old player has scored 10 goals in 40 games.
He has chosen Canada ahead of Nigeria and USA as he will play for them in this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup.

africanfootball.com/news/540763/Akindele-delighted-with-new-Dallas-deal

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:45am On Jun 28, 2015
[b]Green Faults Ivorian Federation Over KeshiCHAIRMAN of the Nigeria Football Federation’s Disciplinary Committee, Christopher Green has said the Ivorian Football Federation should have reached out to the NFF before shortlisting the Super Eagles coach as one of the candidates to coach their senior national team.
Green, also a member of the NFF Executive Committee, added that Stephen Keshi must respect his employers as he is under contract.
“The practice is very simple,” he said. “Even for players, for as long as you have a contract, you must respect your employers,” Green said of Keshi.
“And if you (Cote D’ Ivoire) want to talk to a coach, you have to obtain permission from the team before you are allowed to talk to the coach,” Green said of the Ivoirian Football Federation.
The NFF are yet to say what their next line of action will be if Keshi is found ‘guilty’ of applying to coach the Elephants of Cote D’ Ivoire, but feelers from the Glass House have it that they may show the 53-year old former Super Eagles captain the door.
Green had earlier told News24 they are ‘investigating’ Keshi, after the Ivorian Football Federation listed him as one of the applicants to replace Herve Renard as coach of the Elephants.[/b]

thenationonlineng.net/new/green-faults-ivorian-federation-over-keshi/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 6:54am On Jun 28, 2015
Emenike May Stay at FernebacheFenerbahçe attacker Emmanuel Emenike, 28, could stay put at the Istanbul club this coming season.
The Nigeria international resumed pre – season training with the Yellow Canaries earlier this week but remains unsure of his future.
Turkish sports daily Fanatik has reported that he has received concrete offers from teams based in United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Saudi Arabia but a move to the Middle East does not appeal to him.
Emenike’s dream is to play for a club in the English Premier League next season but no official approach has been made for the former Spartak Moscow striker from the Channel.
The 2013 African Cup of Nations top scorer has netted 67 goals in the league alone since he moved to Europe from FC Cape Town six years ago.

thenationonlineng.net/new/emenike-may-stay-at-fernebache/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 8:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
[b]Oliseh: Enyeama Not Civil Servant
*Pits tent with Eagles Keeper against NFF.
Former Nigeria captain Sunday Oliseh has frowned at the manner in which his country's football governing body is handling the issue involving goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama.
The Nigeria Football Federation last week summoned the Super Eagles captain and goalkeeper before a disciplinary committee for what it described as "unguarded comments" to the media over its choice of the Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna for their 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad earlier this month.
Enyeama did not turn up before the committee on the claims that he did not receive any official notification of such and did not respond to an earlier query given by the NFF. Reports in Nigeria now suggest that the LOSC Lille Metropole goalkeeper could be sanctioned.
But Oliseh is of the view that Enyeama should be treated as a professional footballer and not a civil servant under the full employ of the football federation.
The former Juventus and Borussia Dortmund midfielder believes that Enyeama's view as captain of the Nigerian men's national team "should be respected."
"He is not a civil servant. Why are you querying him?" Oliseh asked in an interview with Brila FM on Friday.
"He is a professional football player, the captain of the team and simply aired his opinion and I think that should be respected.”
Oliseh, 40, further said it was wrong to crucify Enyeama, who he regards as "one of the best goalkeeper in the world."[/b]

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oliseh-enyeama-not-civil-servant/213288/

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by terzurum5(m): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
[b]Revisiting Onazi’s $5,000 Fine
By Chibuike Chukwu , Lagos
This is not the best of times for the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) as it is locked in a battle of wits against some Super Eagles players, Captain of the team, Vincent Enyeama, and midfielder, Ogenyi Onazi. The Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi, is also embroiled in another controversy with the federation over allegations that he applied to coach the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire.
While the NFF disciplinary committee has met over the case of Keshi and Enyeama, the NFF did not refer Onazi case to its disciplinary committee. It fined him $5,000 USD. What was Onazi’s offence? The player was red-carded in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Chad in Kaduna penultimate Saturday.
While announcing the punishment, the NFF said that aside the fine, the player should produce a written apology.
In a letter signed by Tunde Aderibigbe on behalf of the NFF General Secretary and dated June 19, the NFF wrote: “The Board of the Nigeria Football Federation has viewed your behavior and conduct during the Nigeria/Chad match as tantamount to gross indiscipline and unprofessional, which undermined the discipline of the team in its totality and a breach of ethics for players as well as the Code of Conduct for players and officials.
“Consequently, the NFF, having reviewed the situation, hereby impose a fine of $5,000 (Five Thousand American Dollars Only) on you as well as a written apology…”
However, Enyeama and Onazi took to instragam to trivialize the fine imposed on Onazi.
Enyeama asked the Lazio star if he has paid up his $5000 fine handed him by the NFF.
“You don pay your 5k fine. hahahahahahaha @onaziogenyi Abeg come next week help me. Send your Naija number to my international number,” Enyeama wrote via his handle @vinny2908.
Onazi replied Enyeama by appealing to his skipper to help him pay the fine.
“Dearis god ohh hmmmm, chairman you know say you be my boss, abeg help me pay now self I won start small job make I make I fit get some cash reduce the $5000,” Onazi wrote via @onaziogenyi.
As a result of the red card, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) banned the player for the team’s next two matches. The NFF’s decision to fine the player is seen as double punishment for a single offence. This is even more as player had apologized to teammates and the federation.
Should Super Eagles wins the two matches in question, the player will not be part of the winning bonuses, which is enough punishment.
The team’s former coach and captain, Christian Chukwu, could not understand the rationale behind the fine, asking, “Why should you fine somebody monetarily when there was a red card already? Is that the code of conduct the players signed? Was his action intentional?
During the Brazil versus Colombia match at the ongoing Copa America, Neymar was alleged to have done what Onazi did and was suspended from the rest of the championship by CONMEBOL. His four-match suspension meant that he misses the rest of the championship. He was equally fined monetarily by CONMEBOL. After that, the Brazilian FA appealed the ban, but had to withdraw it later. It never imposed further sanction on Neymar.
Also, during 2006 World Cup final in Germany, Zinedine Zidane head-butted an Italian player, Marco Materazzi. While he was sanctioned by FIFA, France never slammed any further fine on him.
Mario Balotelli of Italy had severally caused stir during national football matches without Italian authorities slamming any monetary fine on him.
The NFF, in Onazi’s case, should have looked at the intention and not the action. The Lazio midfielder charged at a Chadian player, who tackled Odion Ighalo roughly and made to retaliate, albeit wrongly.
Agreed, Onazi took laws into his own hand and his action negates the principle of fair play, but NFF should have known that two-match ban was enough punitive measures for such offence.
Responding, when asked of the effects of NFF’s action, former international, Nicola Ukadike, said there was no basis for the fine, arguing that players around the world were known to react differently to quarrels on the field.
“I think the two-match ban is enough. Onazi’s action is not the worst and won’t be. We all played the game and saw what happened during our time.
[/b]

To be continued in the next post....

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:54am On Jun 29, 2015
[b][/font] Continue from the last post...
[color=#550000][b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]

“The FA should immediately reverse the monetary ban. This is one player that never hesitates to honour national calls, so they should reconsider the decision.”
Another ex-international, Mutiu Adepoju, also faulted the action, saying time has come for the NFF to start protecting Nigerian players.
“I thought the lad has apologised. Why imposing fine again. The offence he committed was not against NFF, but against CAF, which has consequently punished him.
“NFF should make it a duty to protect our players from ridicule.”
On his own, Chukwu further said even if the NFF wanted to caution Onazi, it ought to have been done secretly, asking should it have been a media affair.
“We are not getting it well. This fine by NFF may force the boy to start dishonouring national calls. Even if you have anything against his action, such should have been treated internally.
“What has the boy done to deserve the fine in the first place? It was wrong for them to punish him twice for an offence he got a red card already; that is wrong.”[/b]

dailyindependentnig.com/2015/06/revisiting-onazis-5000-fine/[/b][/color]
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:03am On Jun 29, 2015
[b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Keshi, Enyeama Issues Over-flogged – Ekeji
Taofeek Lawal.
A former director-general of the National Sports Commission (NSC), Dr. Patrick Ekeji, has written off all the attention being generated by the alleged disciplinary issues brought by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) over Super Eagles’ coach, Stephen Keshi, and the team’s captain, Vicent Enyeama, insisting that the whole episode is “over-flogged” and “blown out of proportion”.
Ekeji, speaking on the issue recently, agreed that the Amaju Pinnick-led NFF has the mandate to whip players or officials into line when they err, but called on them to take into cognisance that the journey for qualification for the AFCON 2017 in Gabon has begun in earnest and anything capable of distracting the national from qualifying for the tournament needs to be addressed.
“Nigerians are still pained that we failed to qualify for the last AFCON in Equatorial Guinea after we won the trophy for the third time in history. It is time to focus on the task ahead and address all things that will make us to be absent in Gabon again in 2017. I think this issue at hand should have been an in-house thing which could have been resolved amicably and not before the public or the press as we are witnessing now,” he said during a radio programme monitored by LEADERSHIP Sports.
Former chairman of the Nigerian Premier Football League (NPFL), Victor Rumson Baribote, corroborated Ekeji’s point and cautioned that it was high time the NFF learnt from its past mistakes and rally behind the team.
Baribote pointed out that Nigerians are watching developments with keen interest and will hardly forgive the glass house and its board if the nation’s flag is not hoisted in Gabon in 2017.
Keshi had, last Tuesday, appeared before the NFF Disciplinary Committee over allegations that he had applied for the job to coach the Elephants of Cote d’Ivoire while Enyeama was summoned for insisting that the condition of the pitch and the level of security at the Ahmadu Bello Stadium, Kaduna, where the team played its AFCON 2017 qualifier against Chad two weeks ago was “unacceptable”, to the chagrin of the NFF, who swiftly called on him to apologise.
The goal-tender insisted that he did apologise and wondered why the NFF claimed that it had summoned him before its committee when he “did not received a letter to that effect”.[/b]

leadership.ng/sports/443368/keshi-enyeama-issues-over-flogged-ekeji

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2015
[b][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Nigeria May Not Qualify for AFCON 2017 — Sunday Oliseh.
A former Super Eagles Captain, Sunday Oliseh, has said Nigeria may, for the umpteenth time, miss out on qualification for the Africa Cup of Nations.
The Eagles were unable to qualify for the 2015 AFCON held in Equatorial Guinea and according to Oliseh, if the disturbing events that has trailed the first qualifying match in the 2017 qualification series are not addressed on time, Nigeria may again be a spectator at the showpiece event fixed to hold in Gabon early 2017.
“Let Nigeria leave side issues and player character attacks aside and face pure football issues. Otherwise we might not be at the next Nations cup again as participants but mere spectators!” Oliseh wrote on his personal blog sundayoliseh.tv.
The former Juventus and Ajax of Amsterdam midfielder faulted how the Nigeria Football Federation has been all over the place in their quest to nail Eagles captain Vincent Enyeama for his supposed “uncomplimentary remarks” about the choice of Kaduna for the AFCON qualifying match against Chad.
“The current much ado about nothing on Vincent Enyeama’s comments disagreeing with the decision to play an African Nations cup qualifier in Kaduna is taking a direction now which, we may once again regret as a Nation,” Oliseh stated.
“Let’s remind ourselves that this particular game vs Chad was won by Nigeria 2-0 and keeps Nigeria on track to Nations Cup 2017.
“Nigeria is returning back from a painful setback situation of missing out on the Nations cup 2015 and barely has the qualifiers started for the next one and an opinion of its Captain is the latest thing to pounce upon to discredit another loyal servant in Vincent Enyeama with what hidden agenda this time?
Aside Enyeama, the NFF has also been on the trail of the Coach of the Eagles, Stephen Keshi, who is being investigated for allegedly applying for the Ivory Coast job while under contract with Nigeria.
Nigeria will face Tanzania in the next qualification series.[/b]

www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/185786-nigeria-may-not-qualify-for-afcon-2017-sunday-oliseh.html

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. by Orkpekyandega(m): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2015
[b]Fenerbache New Coach Wants Emenike to Stay Put

Fenerbahce new coach Vitor Pereira has said he wants Nigeria international striker Emmanuel Emenike to stay put at the Turkish club.
A close confidant of the Nigeria striker told only AfricanFootball.com that after the showdown meeting with the player, the coach showed interest in working with the AFCON 2013 top scorer in the coming season at Fenerbahce.
"Fenerbahce new coach met Emenike and he is interested in keeping him for next season,” the confidant informed AfricanFootball.com.
“So, it is likely Emma will remain in Fenerbahce, let's see what happens next."
Last season, the former Karabukspor and Spartak Moscow striker went through a torrid season as the Fenerbache fans booed him after he only scored four goals and went several months without a goal as the Istanbul lost their championship to bitter city rivals Galatasaray.
He has been linked with a move in the summer with interests in Qatar, UAE, England and Russia.[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/541389/Fenerbache-new-coach-wants-Emenike-to-stay-put

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (161) (Reply)

Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) / Are World Wrestling Entertainment Fights Real or Just Acting? / Boy Wins 43 Million Naira On Bet9ja In Benue With Just 100 Naira(sreenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.