Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. (20367 Views)

When You're Not Qualified For A Job But You Have Connections / Check if you are Shortlisted On Immigration Recruitment / Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Drsheddy(m): 5:00pm On May 20, 2015
K
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by buchilino(m): 5:01pm On May 20, 2015
dalaman:
Is it true that the immigration recruitment has been cancelled?

u wish grin grin grin
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by bellonurudeen(m): 5:01pm On May 20, 2015
We live in a world where there is so much beyond our power to change, so keep reminding yourself. don't stress over what you can't change, give life your best shot and at the end of the day sit back with a smile and be very proud of who you are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by yhemsy62(m): 5:02pm On May 20, 2015
kash4rever:
ACTUALLY A LOT OF DECEIT WAS OBSERVED DURING THE FINAL STAGE.I WAS AMONG DOSE INVITED FOR THE ORAL INTERVIEW AND DOCUMENT VERIFICATN EXERCISE AFTA ALL D RITUALS IE HEIGHT(1.80) AND CERTIFICATE VERIFICATION WAT I WAS ASKD IS WHICH STATE AND LOCAL GOVT I W
AS FORTUNATE THE MAN DAT CONDUCTED D RITUAL ON ME WHISPERD TO ME "RE U A XTIAN I SAID YES HE SAID I SHLD PRAY HARD SO SAD WEN I GOT A MAIL FRM NIS INFORMING OF MY POOR SCORE BOTH IN D APTITUDE TEST AND WITHIN MY STATE DEY REGRET TO INFORM ME DAT I WASNT SHORTLISTED.
-- I KNOW MANY OF US RE VICTIMS OF DERE DEVICES DEY VE SHOW WAT MADE DEM WHO DEYU RE.HOWEVER I SEE DIS AS A STEPPING STONE. MAY GOD DELIVER NIGERIA FRM DIS BOGUS DISPENSATN.

My neighbour receive d same message
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Kelvic4real(m): 5:05pm On May 20, 2015
My people, we are indeed helpless. One day what happened in south Africa may happen in Nigeria but its going to be the case of genocide. Unless u have a reliable connection, government job is not for u. What a generation!
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Abduletudaye(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Bros, I do not intend to sound condescending but there is actually a button very close to your left shift key, you might wanna start learning how to use it. It is called the Caps Lock. You are a graduate as well, desist from excessive use of shorthand and poor grammar construction. I could barely make out what you were trying to pass across in your post.
Thanks in advance for understanding. wink

FriedPlantain

why dont you like variety? angry

always friedplantain....how about fried yam, fried egg and even fried meat....?
it would make a delicious meal.... cheesy...
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Oblitz(m): 5:11pm On May 20, 2015
check out the latest designs in concrete finishing

https://www.nairaland.com/2235523/stamped-concrete-epoxy-flooring-tiles

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 20, 2015
It is the same with most government institutions!
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 20, 2015
Recruitment for government jobs all over the world is built on Nepotism.
Its only the private sector that such is well reduced.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by harrysterol(m): 5:21pm On May 20, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Bros, I do not intend to sound condescending but there is actually a button very close to your left shift key, you might wanna start learning how to use it. It is called the Caps Lock. You are a graduate as well, desist from excessive use of shorthand and poor grammar construction. I could barely make out what you were trying to pass across in your post.

FriedPlantain
friedplantain grin gently on him wink
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by scantee(m): 5:24pm On May 20, 2015
I think the op is right, a female friend of mine that is a banker paid 250k without doing any CBT or attending any interview scales through... (May God help us in naija)
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Eccentrica(f): 5:24pm On May 20, 2015
My brother was taken after all the stages, he got a mail congratulating him for securing the job, but Alas when the names were published in d dailies, his name was no where to found. Two days after d publication, he got another mail that they were sorry, he was not taken for the job, that the previous mail was a mistake. It's just terrible
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by phetty(m): 5:25pm On May 20, 2015
akinola908:
I don't know anyone except God and my name was shortlisted, I think they used merit bcoz I did very well during the interview and the officer was even impressed that I had distinction in statistics.

What made you think you merit it: distinction in Statistics If that was the basis of selection, most, if not all, first class and distinction graduates ought to be selected, and all second class/credit graduates should be dropped. Guy, you're very funny grin

The point is NIS didn't conduct any interview, shikenna! I perceived foul play in the process when NIS shortlisted over 80% of those who made it to the aptitude test stage for interview. I wonder what the cut off mark was: 10% or something lower.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by phetty(m): 5:33pm On May 20, 2015
Eccentrica:
My brother was taken after all the stages, he got a mail congratulating him for securing the job, but Alas when the names were published in d dailies, his name was no where to found. Two days after d publication, he got another mail that they were sorry, he was not taken for the job, that the previous mail was a mistake. It's just terrible

What!!! shocked shocked shocked

This is one, out of many evidences that should be used to discredit the acclaimed merit and best ever government recruitment process.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by flickers72(m): 5:36pm On May 20, 2015
kash4rever:
ACTUALLY A LOT OF DECEIT WAS OBSERVED DURING THE FINAL STAGE.I WAS AMONG DOSE INVITED FOR THE ORAL INTERVIEW AND DOCUMENT VERIFICATN EXERCISE AFTA ALL D RITUALS IE HEIGHT(1.80) AND CERTIFICATE VERIFICATION WAT I WAS ASKD IS WHICH STATE AND LOCAL GOVT I W
AS FORTUNATE THE MAN DAT CONDUCTED D RITUAL ON ME WHISPERD TO ME "RE U A XTIAN I SAID YES HE SAID I SHLD PRAY HARD SO SAD WEN I GOT A MAIL FRM NIS INFORMING OF MY POOR SCORE BOTH IN D APTITUDE TEST AND WITHIN MY STATE DEY REGRET TO INFORM ME DAT I WASNT SHORTLISTED.
-- I KNOW MANY OF US RE VICTIMS OF DERE DEVICES DEY VE SHOW WAT MADE DEM WHO DEYU RE.HOWEVER I SEE DIS AS A STEPPING STONE. MAY GOD DELIVER NIGERIA FRM DIS BOGUS DISPENSATN.

With the way you write I won't bother to have you interviewed,your grammer is something else.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by austine4real(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2015
I told one of my frnd dat if u wnt 2 get F G job u must b 4rm d north or a muslim.
Northeners always claimin dey own nija. Am nt against any tribe or religion but we shud treat odaz wt equal fairly

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by whytepawn1(m): 5:40pm On May 20, 2015
publicenemy:
What's the big deal with this immigration job sef?
like seriously. same with every federal government job.... we are talking of job security, pensionable e.t.c
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by whytepawn1(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2015
Eccentrica:
too bad..... that is just the worst thing that could happen to anyone, I guess his name was replaced .
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by samplanner(m): 5:45pm On May 20, 2015
truth remains that, they picked a few without connections to make the exercise looks credible. an immigration officer was telling me today that the senior officers have already shortlisted their candidates even before the CBT. can u imagine for u to be sent a congratulatory mail, and later send a regret mail that u r not successful again? surely ur slot has been sold out.

Nigeria is a very terrible country ams it is nt just in NIS. when last did u hear in Nigeria that custom service or road safety corps conduct massive recruitment? the slots are there but you have to buy it, and the most painful tin is dt even d presidency and the national Assembly knows what is happening in the Nigeria custom and their likes but they tend to turn face.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by vickylala239: 6:01pm On May 20, 2015
FriedPlantain:

FriedPlantain

Bros!! Even u that is talking is not perfect,why are Nigerians Lik this always wnt to show deir sef!!

Okk luk @ ur comment Whr in d dictionary cn u find a word Lik **Bros***.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by mejai(m): 6:16pm On May 20, 2015
vickylala239:

Bros!! Even u that is talking is not perfect,why are Nigerians Lik this always wnt to show deir sef!!

Okk luk @ ur comment Whr in d dictionary cn u find a word Lik **Bros***.
lwkmd

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by seangy4konji: 6:29pm On May 20, 2015
Y r u stressing your self

NA TODAY

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Cute2peg(m): 6:39pm On May 20, 2015
Chai...e b like dis tin don vex u enter ur spinal cord...sorry no vex...e no reach you..next time try again..stop beefin my broda...accept it in good faith..if to say u get d job now..>ur kind of person..u fit pay for advert
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Djbaka(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2015
FriedPlantain:

FriedPlantain

And yet he cries foul about not being selected. Even if 'help' is coming your way, are you ready for it?
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by BossAyuk: 6:58pm On May 20, 2015
Orjhong:
I got mine without connections...there's something like favour and God's will...if it's yours, nothing can stop it. For those who didn't get, I believe God has a better plan.
na you??
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by kennethalice(m): 7:01pm On May 20, 2015
please if you there holiday house in London any time for long or short stay self catering and spacious two room with kitchen study room ,sitting room etc ...contact King on 07015427202 airtel or Mtn 08144211845.
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 20, 2015
any one who isn't happy should trek to show his grievances
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Holatunde007(m): 7:17pm On May 20, 2015
Eccentrica:

I swear if I were ur brother, Fed govt na to die oooo
I will sue them, they've just succeeded in replacing ur brothers name for one honorable cousin
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by LiLK: 7:43pm On May 20, 2015
one thing we should understand is that: because you did not make it here doesnt mean that is the end of the road, u can only speak for your own performance at the interview u dont know how others performed. when u passed the CBT i bet u did not complain or question the credibility of the process, the fact is for every one person that got the job on connections there is another that got it on merit. so let us all be happy for them, atleast we have 2000 youths off the labour market. better things are in store for those in the labour market.
dont be a buzz kill.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by masquellett(m): 8:04pm On May 20, 2015
Wetin vex me pass be say. I had to shave my cute beards for nothing sad God will surely fight for us. NIS recruitment. A major scam. I should write a piece on this and publish in the dailies

1 Like

Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by Holatunde007(m): 8:09pm On May 20, 2015
masquellett:
Wetin vex me pass be say. I had to shave my cute beards for nothing sad God will surely fight for us. NIS recruitment. A major scam. I should write a piece on this and publish in the dailies
Bro I've organized some money to finance you, just need sm1 brain to achieve my goal
Re: Immigration Appointments: Connections 90%, And Few Luck. by olusegunabidemi(m): 8:14pm On May 20, 2015
can u just imagine that about 25 names appears 3 times. that means they will be replaced by there candidate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Questions You Should Ask During An Interview / N-Power: FG Deploys 176,160 Graduates / BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.