Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

An Open Letter To Mtn On Their Horrible Customer Care Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / An Open Letter To Mtn On Their Horrible Customer Care Service (1247 Views)

Hilarious Conversation Between Airtel Customer Care And A Customer (audio) / Funny Message Someone Sent To MTN / We Nigerians Are Unfair To MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Mtn On Their Horrible Customer Care Service by Ojobojo1(m): 11:25pm On May 15, 2015
Since it seems open letters are the best way to vent our anger these days, I have decided to write this. I haven’t been a fan of MTN right from day one but due to the miserable data plans offered by other networks, I decided to get an MTN line for Internet browsing because of their relatively cheap 4.5 GB data plan for 2,500 Naira (3 GB Night plan, 1.5 GB bonus daytime plan). Their network connectivity is fair and I haven’t really had any complaints until now.

My data bundle got exhausted and I decided to renew it to do some important stuff so I bought six four hundred naira recharge cards and one hundred naira card to subscribe. As I tried loading the sixth four hundred naira recharge card, I kept getting error messages even though I had just scratched it and I’m very sure I inputted the correct digits. After about 4 recharge attempts, I got a service message saying “Sorry, you are now BARRED from this service, Please call 181”, I was like WTF. I dialled the 181 number and realised it was their self-service portal, after selecting English language option, the line simply went blank i.e. no response again, I waited for a minute and then cut the call.

I called again and the same thing happened so i decided to call their main customer care line i.e. ‘180’. This turned out very bad, in fact bad is too good a word to describe the service. I called first and the line was disconnected quickly, I am used to this even from other networks but what annoyed me most was that after the first time, I called 5 more times and was told on each call that “There are x hundred and xx callers before you, your call will be answered in xx minutes” (usually 6 – 8 minutes). I waited for that time to elapse and even longer on each of the five calls but imagine my anger when after waiting for so long, no customer care agent picked my call and the computer simply terminated my call with this message “Thank you for using the MTN online customer care service, goodbye.” on all five occasions. I tried the line again at midnight and got the same result. Finally, the next morning after waiting for over 15 minutes, the call was answered and the issue resolved.

I have used and still use other networks such as Airtel, Etisalat and Globacom and I have never been as frustrated with customer care as this. I hereby write this letter to MTN and other network providers to do something fast about the horrible state of this critical sector of their companies to avoid customer dissatisfaction.

I have created a form to record the views of Nigerians on the quality of service of the various customer care centres of Network providers, MTN, Etisalat, Airtel and Glo. Please find the form and share your views HERE(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XXXt2yOQkSNrxFYmOnNLm-SUlm05CErXrLtr-BLC3dY/viewform?usp=send_form). I will share the results of the survey at the expiration of the form. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Edegbo Stephen,
Tech Blogger,
Nigeria Technology Hub,
http://www.naijatechhub.com
Re: An Open Letter To Mtn On Their Horrible Customer Care Service by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 15, 2015
Ojobojo1:
Since it seems open letters are the best way to vent our anger these days, I have decided to write this. I haven’t been a fan of MTN right from day one but due to the miserable data plans offered by other networks, I decided to get an MTN line for Internet browsing because of their relatively cheap 4.5 GB data plan for 2,500 Naira (3 GB Night plan, 1.5 GB bonus daytime plan). Their network connectivity is fair and I haven’t really had any complaints until now.

My data bundle got exhausted and I decided to renew it to do some important stuff so I bought six four hundred naira recharge cards and one hundred naira card to subscribe. As I tried loading the sixth four hundred naira recharge card, I kept getting error messages even though I had just scratched it and I’m very sure I inputted the correct digits. After about 4 recharge attempts, I got a service message saying “Sorry, you are now BARRED from this service, Please call 181”, I was like WTF. I dialled the 181 number and realised it was their self-service portal, after selecting English language option, the line simply went blank i.e. no response again, I waited for a minute and then cut the call.

I called again and the same thing happened so i decided to call their main customer care line i.e. ‘180’. This turned out very bad, in fact bad is too good a word to describe the service. I called first and the line was disconnected quickly, I am used to this even from other networks but what annoyed me most was that after the first time, I called 5 more times and was told on each call that “There are x hundred and xx callers before you, your call will be answered in xx minutes” (usually 6 – 8 minutes). I waited for that time to elapse and even longer on each of the five calls but imagine my anger when after waiting for so long, no customer care agent picked my call and the computer simply terminated my call with this message “Thank you for using the MTN online customer care service, goodbye.” on all five occasions. I tried the line again at midnight and got the same result. Finally, the next morning after waiting for over 15 minutes, the call was answered and the issue resolved.

I have used and still use other networks such as Airtel, Etisalat and Globacom and I have never been as frustrated with customer care as this. I hereby write this letter to MTN and other network providers to do something fast about the horrible state of this critical sector of their companies to avoid customer dissatisfaction.

I have created a form to record the views of Nigerians on the quality of service of the various customer care centres of Network providers, MTN, Etisalat, Airtel and Glo. Please find the form and share your views HERE(https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1XXXt2yOQkSNrxFYmOnNLm-SUlm05CErXrLtr-BLC3dY/viewform?usp=send_form). I will share the results of the survey at the expiration of the form. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Edegbo Stephen,
Tech Blogger,
Nigeria Technology Hub,
You can try their twitter and Facebook handle for quick response. I wouldn't blame thought all the network are guilty too especially etisalat. This days it takes time for them to answer probably because of the queue. So Please try other options especially the ones I listed for you. Each of them have Facebook and twitter handle and they a bit fast. I personally unbarred my line by visiting www.twitter. com /MTN 180
Re: An Open Letter To Mtn On Their Horrible Customer Care Service by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 15, 2015
Ojobojo1:

Yours sincerely,
Edegbo Stephen,
Tech Blogger,
Nigeria Technology Hub,
You can try their twitter and Facebook handle for quick response. I wouldn't blame thought all the network are guilty too especially etisalat. This days it takes time for them to answer probably because of the queue. So Please try other options especially the ones I listed for you. Each of them have Facebook and twitter handle and they a bit fast. I personally unbarred my line by visiting www.twitter com/MTN 180
Disclaimer: this piece is my personal opinion and I don't work for any service provider
Re: An Open Letter To Mtn On Their Horrible Customer Care Service by Whizpeter(m): 12:18am On May 16, 2015
Enjoy...

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Zero 2 Launch : Reporting Live - UNILAG / KONGA App drains data faster than Youtube ! / I Need Advice...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.