Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,895 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Women Are Their Worst Enemies - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Their Worst Enemies (24645 Views)

Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted / Why Women Are The Weaker Sex And What Men's Roles Are. / Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 10:57pm On May 16, 2015
@TOPIC: Really?

We get This women are their worst enemies thingy from a lot of women which makes me wonder.... who are the friendly ones?

Some ladies like to have male bosses as female bosses are wicked Why brings about the questions...

Are you not aspiring to be a boss or will you be horrible when you are a boss or are you immune to the spirit of female wickedness? grin

Let's discuss cool

And no bashing.

Good evening.
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by NeduLuiZ(m): 11:09pm On May 16, 2015
This thread is dead on arrival grin
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by ammyluv2002(f): 11:14pm On May 16, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
This thread is dead on arrival grin
Why? grin
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by donbenedict(m): 11:15pm On May 16, 2015
Makes sure d thread is dead already
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by NeduLuiZ(m): 11:16pm On May 16, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Why? grin
because none of them ladies would clearly admit being a harsh boss. All would play victims
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by ammyluv2002(f): 11:20pm On May 16, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
because none of them ladies would clearly admit being a harsh boss. All would play victims
lol
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Moana(f): 11:20pm On May 16, 2015
I wouldnt mind a male or female superior so long he or she is respectful and competent. I guess some woman always believe that if they have a male boss it will be easy to receive advantages or opportunities by using their charm, its will not always be easy for them to have their way with a female boss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by oloyede252(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2015
na now you just dey knw
DEAD ON ARRIVAL seconded
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by lilmax(m): 11:35pm On May 16, 2015
Na today?
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by cococandy(f): 12:15am On May 17, 2015
I think what that phrase means is that it is worse when women pull each other down than when men do.

How will you talk about women empowerment and hope to be successful when it is women that will still run the idea down because of some pseudo-goodism? Probably done to impress men who most times don't give a hoot.

Talk about many culture that are oppressive against women and you will find that it is women who are also the champions propagating such practices.
Who are those that are first to advice abused women to stay and fast and pray? Women.
Who are those teaching growing girls to value themselves so lowly that sharing one 'blokkos' in the name main chick is ok? You guessed right. Women.
Plus many other annoying examples too much to type here.

So in general, women are part of the circus holding themselves down.

But it is worse because it is women who should be less judgmental of each other.
So if you have two enemies and one of them is yourself, the worse enemy of the two is you.
Because you have to first make the effort to help yourself before anyone will listen to you.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by SAMBARRY: 6:14am On May 17, 2015
You should strive to be the boss because

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 8:19am On May 17, 2015
Women are their worst enemy is a "chauvinistic/sexist phrase", as MEN are equally their own enemy.

Human rebellion, frailties, imperfection etc is mostly emphasized on, when it's towards female gender.

I agree that women are their worst enemy but I can still give you many instances of men being their own worst enemy.
Nobody would deny that he/she hasn't seen any man envious of his friend's success - politicians comes to my mind.

For example - If Omotola is having a little misunderstanding with Genevieve, the phrase pops up; but when the role is reversed e.g Davido versus Wizkid, tone would change that they are kids instead of men are their worst enemy.
Even on Nairaland, as a female, don't go on threads about successful female celebrities hating, as you'll be bashed with that phrase but MEN are free to hate on male celebrities. Hypocrisy! grin

Well, It's not a gender thing but depends on individuals.
Our society isn't nice towards feminine gender.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by YourCoffin: 8:31am On May 17, 2015
FrancisTony:
Women are their worst enemy is a "chauvinistic/sexist phrase", as MEN are equally their own enemy.

Human rebellion, frailties, imperfection etc is mostly emphasized on, when it's towards female gender.

I agree that women are their worst enemy but I can still give you many instances of men being their own worst enemy.
Nobody would deny that he/she hasn't seen any man envious of his friend's success - politicians comes to my mind.

For example - If Omotola is having a little misunderstanding with Genevieve, the phrase pops up; but when the role is reversed e.g Davido versus Wizkid, tone would change that they are kids instead of men are their worst enemy.
Even on Nairaland, as a female, don't go on threads about successful female celebrities hating, as you'll be bashed with that phrase but MEN are free to hate on male celebrities. Hypocrisy! grin

What are you saying? Apologies but you're a mass of confusion.

13 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 8:35am On May 17, 2015
YourCoffin:

Okay

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Ngokafor(f): 1:24pm On May 17, 2015
FrancisTony:

grin cheesy cool

7 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by bukatyne(f): 1:34pm On May 17, 2015
Happy Sunday to y'all and apologies I have been MIA
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 17, 2015
....typing
Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by cococandy(f): 5:40pm On May 17, 2015
Bukatyne here's example of what I'm saying.
I'm on one disgusting thread angry angry and a foolish girl on there thinks a woman raped by her husband until she had a miscarriage has no case.
(He's your husband. The head of your body. Crappy kind of comments)

Now she's probably not the only one who said something similar to that, but hers is the most annoying because when some guys say it, although it is annoying, your annoyance will be diluted with the knowledge that they don't know what pregnancy is like or what being penetrated forcefully can be like.

A lady (even if she may not have been pregnant before) has had periods and probably had sex before and should know that being penetrated by force is not funny at all nor is pregnancy a walk in the park. That's a perfect example of why it is worse when women lack empathy towards other women than when guys do the same.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Mintayo(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2015
Lol, not trying to sound like a women-hater or something But truely women are their own enemies,I have witnessed firsthand How some woman was trying to bring to bring down another woman! lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 17, 2015
cococandy:
I think what that phrase means is that it is worse when women pull each other down than when men do.

How will you talk about women empowerment and hope to be successful when it is women that will still run the idea down because of some pseudo-goodism? Probably done to impress men who most times don't give a hoot.

Talk about many culture that are oppressive against women and you will find that it is women who are also the champions propagating such practices.
Who are those that are first to advice abused women to stay and fast and pray? Women.
Who are those teaching growing girls to value themselves so lowly that sharing one 'blokkos' in the name main chick is ok? You guessed right. Women.
Plus many other annoying examples too much to type here.

So in general, women are part of the circus holding themselves down.

But it is worse because it is women who should be less judgmental of each other.
So if you have two enemies and one of them is yourself, the worse enemy of the two is you.
Because you have to first make the effort to help yourself before anyone will listen to you.

at least na only down dem dey hold. Men kill everything starting from their fellow men in times of war, Mediterranean immigration, bombing etc to bushmeats, rats, dogs.
no one holds anyone down except you want to be held down.

12 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by cococandy(f): 9:47pm On May 17, 2015
Chillisauce:

at least na only down dem dey hold. Men kill everything starting from their fellow men in times of war, Mediterranean immigration, bombing etc to bushmeats, rats, dogs.
no one holds anyone down except you want to be held down.

true

1 Like

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 7:41am On May 18, 2015
No gender is perfect.. Even men get jealous of their friends who have a 'perfect' relationship..

Saw a thread few days back where a lady was being talked into, to get a divorce by her husband's best friend so that he, her husband's friend could marry and take better care of her.. smh.. You also see guys sleeping with their friends' gfs... or a gal tells you she's already in a relationship, you keep pestering her.. no be another man parole you wan spoil? undecided

Even in places of work, men get jealous of a promoted colleague. ..

So op, it goes both ways, human imperfection.. Just that anything that has to do with the female gender in our society gets more pronounced...

For me, I have good female friends who I hv known for years and no issues at all... or maybe cos I'm good myself? cheesy smiley

12 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by AfricanApple(f): 8:56am On May 18, 2015
my question is: is there a solution this situation or do we just continue to flow with it

1 Like

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by TV01(m): 9:09am On May 18, 2015
bukatyne:

Let's discuss cool

And no bashing.

Good evening.
Happy anniversary Bukatyne. Hearty congratulations. Are you baking yet grin? It's a race betwixt yourself and Coco.

No bashing, but I'mma troll on your thread small. Appears to be suffering the usual malaise cheesy.

TeeVee

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by TV01(m): 9:13am On May 18, 2015
MarvellousGod:
No gender is perfect.. Even men get jealous of their friends who have a 'perfect' relationship..

Saw a thread few days back where a lady was being talked into, to get a divorce by her husband's best friend so that he, her husband's friend could marry and take better care of her.. smh.. You also see guys sleeping with their friends' gfs... or a gal tells you she's already in a relationship, you keep pestering her.. no be another man parole you wan spoil? undecided

Even in places of work, men get jealous of a promoted colleague. ..

So op, it goes both ways, human imperfection.. Just that anything that has to do with the female gender in our society gets more pronounced...

For me, I have good female friends who I hv known for years and no issues at all... or maybe cos I'm good myself? cheesy smiley
I'mma tell you the difference;

Man sees best friend with foine gyal, thinks "I want one like that for myself"
Woman sees bff with a proper dude, thinks "I'm having him" - starts scheming, or showing the bobo that she's more desirable than her friend - even if she can't have him.

It's an aphorism, but not far off!

TeeVee

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by TV01(m): 9:18am On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:
Women are their worst enemy is a "chauvinistic/sexist phrase"

FrancisTony:
I agree that women are their worst enemy

YourCoffin:
Abi? Allow small sha, effeminate Frank is not always at his best duing his period grin!

TeeVee

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 9:26am On May 18, 2015
TV01:

Abi? Allow small sha, effeminate Frank is not always at his best duing his period grin!

TeeVee
You are the confused one.
Why not ask for an explanation before quoting me foaming like an old hag experiencing orgasm(?).

What do you understand by chauvinism and sexism? isn't it gender praise or stvpid superiority?
I quite agree that women are their worst enemy but dignifying the phrase to only female is a sign of chauvinism/sexism.

Olodo!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by TV01(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:

Why not ask for an explanation
Ask for an explanation? From you!

TV

6 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Nobody: 9:36am On May 18, 2015
TV01:

Ask for an explanation? From you!

TV
I will let you continue wallowing in your utter cluelessness and pseudo-gender-superiority.

Lest I forget, don't quote me foolishly again.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by TV01(m): 9:56am On May 18, 2015
FrancisTony:
I will let you continue wallowing in your utter cluelessness and pseudo-gender-superiority.
You are the chauvinist here cheesy;
FrancisTony:
I agree that women are their worst enemy

And my "superiority" over effeminate gender-confused men did not come cheap...I had to study to show myself approved cool! Now assume the position below, there are females on the thread tongue!

FrancisTony:
Lest I forget, don't quote me foolishly again.
Certainly...just as soon as you stop "posting stoupid" grin

TV

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by Ngokafor(f): 11:26am On May 18, 2015
..On a serious note,i think that phrase 'women are their worst enemy' is utter crap.

..It is simply the figment of the imaginations of chauvinists whom are abound everywhere.

..being the 'worst enemy' of any one is not gender-based because lots of men have been known to snatch each-others girlfriends and wives,plot and kill one another,promote/help females over their fellow males and generally not looked out for each other as well,so i am yet to understand where this one-sided phrase came from.

..The most wonderful people who have helped me more in life(school,career and relationships with the opposite sex) without hounding me for s$x have been women from diverse works of life...and tribe.

7 Likes

Re: Women Are Their Worst Enemies by YourCoffin: 4:43pm On May 18, 2015
TV01:

TeeVee

He just went in circles and called himself a chauvinist/sexist in the process. It seems there's an explanation to it...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Two Families Battle Over Paternity Of Girl, 16 / Lawyer Who Was Abandoned By His Father At 5 Reveals What Happened 20 Years Later / Have You Checked Your Microwave For Radiation Lately?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.