Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,244 members, 7,780,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:24 PM

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. (63179 Views)

El-rufai Must Produce Herdsmen He Paid To Stop Killing Christians –  suleman / 39 Ancient Wisdom Tips For Singles On Marriage By Dr. D.k. Olukoya / 10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kelvyn7: 7:10pm On May 17, 2015
chuna1985:

And Solomon yoked himself with all the unbelievers he married from other many nations and I can't remember that being a sin n I cant remember any time God punished him for it.

na so d bible put am bro

but u can go ahead and see where it ends u grin

I dnt have time 4 any argument today, do what u want.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 17, 2015
Strongfaze:
. What happens to the part of the Bible that says 'we should not forsake the gathering of believers'
It is my understanding that there was no telecommunications, television, telepresence, telechat, telepromptings and telepreaching between 30BC and 1900AD, so it was necessary for brethrens to gather and exchange the message of the gospel. In 21st century, the telewares has more than tripled proselyting capabilities of evangelism. It is no more necessary to gather except may be for those Azonto dance moves and submitting of parts of your monthly income to the high-flying MEN of god.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Niyinficient(m): 7:12pm On May 17, 2015
soe:
That is why we keep saying...islam is the way

Na una come dey allow 'in undecidedter-religious' marriage?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by tranxo(m): 7:18pm On May 17, 2015
Dollyak:

Firstly, can you point out any of my 'posts' with poor 'diction'? While you are at it, I will like to know any of my 'posts' that gave away my residence. *stalker alert*
I am not here to impress you with my English, nor am I under any obligation to write in proper English. To quote my mama, bad belle is worrying you.

Seeing how hypocritical you are, I consider it a fruitless exercise to engage you in anything biblical.
Bye and worry about your own path.
Lol. I like your withdrawal method - bowing out with style. Still in your shadows though.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by alexbch(m): 7:29pm On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

So dear pastors make una talk the one una see.

VOM
. U av even gone too far ladies dnt take u crious ..dey wud be like ur a catholic...I cnt live wt u
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 17, 2015
kelvyn7:

na so d bible put am bro

but u can go ahead and see where it ends u grin

I dnt have time 4 any argument today, do what u want.

And u read d portions of the bible that suits ur argument n throway d other ones that contradicts ur beliefs. Lol, very typical of people who don't understand the bible.

D Bible never stated marrying an unbeliver a sin,.ur doing ur best to enforce it as one.

Learn to remove religions from ur life, it confuses.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by VickyRotex(f): 7:31pm On May 17, 2015
God Bless you Op!!!
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by bigtt76(f): 7:33pm On May 17, 2015
It is called 'keeping it in the family' grin
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kelvyn7: 7:38pm On May 17, 2015
chuna1985:

And u read d portions of the bible that suits ur argument n throway d other ones that contradicts ur beliefs. Lol, very typical of people who don't understand the bible.

D Bible never stated marrying an unbeliver a sin,.ur doing ur best to enforce it as one.

grin grin

okay, oya tell me

so u think even marrying a juju priestess while u are a pastor or an imam is okay

and there won't be any religious conflict in the home when she tells u there is a ritual u both shd undergo?

think am nau grin
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kelvyn7: 7:43pm On May 17, 2015
chuna1985:

what will u say to the part that says light and darkness have nothing in common? grin
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Barnabaseloka(m): 7:50pm On May 17, 2015
chuna1985:

Sorry for the interference. But, is it a sin to disobey God's instruction on a believer equally yoking oneself with an unbeliever? This is b/c I know that when God's word says 'do not do something,' God actually meant it.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by darepoju(m): 8:01pm On May 17, 2015
olu77:

I am sorry bro. Actually the op is right to a large extent Christians leaders have divided the body of Christ to suit their selfish desires and I don't want to cause more havoc so I will edit that in my post.
am not a catholic neither am I a Jehovah's witness or something...
its just that we Christians av to unite and not talk things like this in openly..(washing dirty linen in public)....
even wen there is a internal crises we should still hold d umbrella high..at least from the out side...

with all d BH are killing...av u heard any Muslim deny the BH group as been part of them...(though dey might not like wat dey practice..)...

btw..
Christianity is just a cover up or a camouflage...
D real deal is JESUS CHRIST!

and mind u dis is not Facebook were u get to edit ur comments..
the moment some one quotes u??
u previous comment has a foot print...
we should b more careful next time..
God bless all
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 17, 2015
kelvyn7:

what will u say to the part that says light and darkness have nothing in common? grin

well u decide what u call white or black.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 17, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Sorry for the interference. But, is it a sin to disobey God's instruction on a believer equally yoking oneself with an unbeliever? This is b/c I know that when God's word says 'do not do something,' God actually meant it.

I read n obey the 10 commandments, that's all.

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 17, 2015
Op

It is really not funny when you see someone whom you feel you love, yet you can't marry her cos you aren't in the same faith with her. However, among JWs, marrying from another religion is a personal choice. No one disfellowships you for that, but you will surely not find it easy in that house.

But when you read 1cor 7:39, about marrying only in the lord, what do you think it means?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by queebeediva(f): 8:18pm On May 17, 2015
lipsrsealed I don't no why I don't feel like talking today.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by kelvyn7: 8:20pm On May 17, 2015
chuna1985:

well u decide what u call white or black.
u see ur sef?
now I understand grin
#case closed
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:27pm On May 17, 2015
chuna1985:

I read n obey the 10 commandments, that's all.
But is it a sin to disobey any of the 10 commandments given by God?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 17, 2015
Barnabaseloka:
But is it a sin to disobey any of the 10 commandments given by God?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by itoese(m): 8:59pm On May 17, 2015
Baby Christian talk. Who stops you from marrying the lady you love?

1 Like

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Chigold101(m): 9:22pm On May 17, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

Why on earth will a Pentecostal Church not let its members to marry a Catholic person. The moment a wedding announcement is made in the church and one of the member is from a different church denomination, you start hearing murmuring going on. Seriously this rubbish has got to stop.

Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never. The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you. Seriously, we have got to stop all this.

In the book of 1 Corinthians 12:27 & Romans 12:5, the bible talked about we being the body of Christ. So it is an error for any pastor to tell any member of his denomination not to marry an outsider. We must put an end to this madness for there is no where in the bible that says a person cannot marry outside his or her church. The bible never talked about denomination, the bible only talked about the church as the body of Christ.

And to you out there that wants to get married and you are letting this issue of church stop you, I sorry for you because you be original mumu.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life.

So dear pastors make una talk the one una see.

VOM

why this ranting here? If a Pentecostal marry a Roman Catholic how will they be praying at home? There are many things to consider when getting married. think about Life after the wedding day. Check all the families where parents attend different churches the spiritual life of their children is always unbalanced.

Marriage is more than a man and a woman coming to together in a contract. Unless we want to marry in the American style

2 Likes

Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by IYANGBALI: 9:28pm On May 17, 2015
Now I know why Seun,eleko1,mukina2, Dollyak,kelvyn7,barcanista,temitemi,bigtt76 and rokiatu never marry
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 17, 2015
I am waiting for you to say "Yes" to my proposal.
IYANGBALI:
Now I know why Seun,eleko1,mukina2, Dollyak,kelvyn7,barcanista,temitemi,bigtt76 and rokiatu never marry
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by IYANGBALI: 9:40pm On May 17, 2015
barcanista:
I am waiting for you to say "Yes" to my proposal.
I dey craze?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by olu77(m): 9:43pm On May 17, 2015
darepoju:
am not a catholic neither am I a Jehovah's witness or something...
its just that we Christians av to unite and not talk things like this in openly..(washing dirty linen in public)....
even wen there is a internal crises we should still hold d umbrella high..at least from the out side...

with all d BH are killing...av u heard any Muslim deny the BH group as been part of them...(though dey might not like wat dey practice..)...

btw..
Christianity is just a cover up or a camouflage...
D real deal is JESUS CHRIST!

and mind u dis is not Facebook were u get to edit ur comments..
the moment some one quotes u??
u previous comment has a foot print...
we should b more careful next time..
God bless all

All you said is true. Thank you bro
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by darepoju(m): 10:09pm On May 17, 2015
olu77:

All you said is true. Thank you bro
God Bless
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by laredopapa(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2015
[quote author=VOICEOFTHEMASES post=33815745]Seriously this madness going on in the church has got to stop. What are we Nigerians turning the body of Christ into?

So dear pastors make una talk the one una se
hennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by olu77(m): 10:53pm On May 17, 2015
smurfy:

The whole lot of you are blind, spiritually blind. What do you know about the Church of Christ, thou ''...despisers of those that are good''?

cheesy who are the good people we despise?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 17, 2015
Na today you know?
IYANGBALI:
I dey craze?
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by waldigit: 4:00am On May 18, 2015
Pls let me add my voice as one who has experienced all these. This is in the church today bcause of carnality that has been prophesised by Christ and Paul. Church ministry was an invention of belivers as means to achieve the objective of FOLLOW UP. But greed and other vices make pple begin to abuse it.
Issue of marriage discrimination is a personal opinion of church ministry pple. But are not sincere to let their subject know this thus making it appear as it is from the Holy Spirit.
Hence, the intending couple has the responsibility of doing their spiritual and personal due deligence before getting married. Paul was very sincere on some sensitive issues on marriage by letting the church know that some of what he said was personal opinon and not God commandment. The Church can only guide the onus is for pple to make sure they spiritually mature before marriage adventure.
Local assemblies AKA denominations is an invntion of carnality into the body of Christ. The real church exist accross the various denominations. The instruction from the Lord is that you should marry from the Body of Christ. Hence you are free to marry from any denomination but its your responsibility to know that you are marrying from the Church AKA body of Christ.
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by vision2050: 8:18am On May 18, 2015
buskie13:
so true op....Deeper Life calls other Pentecostal n non Pentecostal fellowship unbelievers... not right
how true is this? Deeper life and are body of PFN Pentecostal fellowship of Nigeria
Re: This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. by eckersley: 9:38am On May 18, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Look at a church like Jehovah witness, there is nothing on earth that will make them marry an outsider, never.
The same thing with Deeper Life yet these same people want to come preach for you.

In case you don't know, God will not judge you on judgement day based on the church you attended but he will judge you based on your works. So don't let anybody deceive you in the name of religion. Christianity is not a religion but a way of life

POINT 1
-------------
It's defo easier to marry someone of d same religious/doctrinal background if u want to b happy in ur spiritual life.
E.g. There's this girl I know whose father is d priest of a 'church' that believes in and still practices old testament blood/animal sacrifices.
Shocking?
When the Bible tells us in Hebrews 9:12 & 10:14 that Christ has put an end to all sacrifices wt the eternal sacrifice of himself?
What happens to that sister who ends of marrying such a man?

Also, I hv a 7th day Adventist friend, who by their teaching, forbids several foods despite the Bible in 1Timothy 4:4 plainly stating concerning foods that EVERY creature of God is good and NOTHING is to be refused inasmuch as u pray before eating it?
NB: I kept mentioning sisters cos dt r at d receiving end of d situation and "must attend their husbands' churches."
Summarily it's simple. Marrying fr d same/similar christian denomination is d BEST WAY to go

Is it that there r no good marriage materials in ur denomination?
Is d condition that deplorable?
Then the clergy of ur denomination shd b called to question.

POINT 2
-------------------
Concerning calling people original mumu, and u claim to be an apologist of non-denominationalism.
How do u expect them sisters to gree for u with all this cursing?
Marriage is not by force

POINT 3
-------------
So u r still on this cliche that "Christianity is not a religion but a way of life".
That line is so 1800.
I don't wanna waste time typing hence i searched out these links for u
Read the NIV Bible, James 1:25-27
http://www.answering-christianity.com/christian_religion.htm

https://www.nairaland.com/10782/christianity-religion-way-life

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.