Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Opinion: Adams Oshiomhole: From Cape Verde To Cape Bendel With Love - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Adams Oshiomhole: From Cape Verde To Cape Bendel With Love (688 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara Donate Items To Edo IDP Camp (Pics) / See The Mistake Made By NTA During Last Night's Network News On Adams Oshiomhole / Adams Oshiomhole And Wife, Iara In Ethiopia (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Adams Oshiomhole: From Cape Verde To Cape Bendel With Love by cleatoris: 12:43pm On May 17, 2015
Governor Adams Eric Oshiomhole is in the news again. Not for a row with a widow but for a vow with a Cape Verdean model. The diminutive comrade leapt his way to an African island where he won the heart of an ex-air hostess and model.

The comrade governor wants a whip of fresh air. Do you blame him for going beyond the Benin-Delta region (The name of Benin and Delta were merged together to form the portmanteau “Bendel”) to shop for a foreign partner? No. It’s not a crime after all.

But hear what the former union leader said about his late wife, Clara: “Any woman who agrees to marry a man who is not rich, a man who alternates between police stations and cells and lives in a one or two bedroom apartment, that is your real love. When my wife (Clara) said I love you, it was from her heart”.

I know Oshiomhole as frank person. I wish he had the temerity to say his mind on his new wife. He can’t. Well, let me help with what might be in the comrade’s mind: “Any woman who agrees to marry a man who is rich, a man who alternates between government houses and presidential villa and lives in a ten or twenty bedroom castle, that is not your real love. When my wife (Iara) said ‘I love you’, it was not from her heart”.

Comrade Oshiomhole may appear austere, as all comrades tend to appear. The comrade may always spot a short-sleeve jacket to paint a demeanour of a worker living within his wage. But on the home front, the comrade is “flamboyant”.

“You never know with women”, one writer said. My good friend, Eddy once saw a beautiful Hausa lady and exclaimed: “Jaafar! If this girl will marry me, I will first become Muslim. Second, I will drop out if she doesn’t want me to continue with my study. Third, I will ‘dash’ her my car”. I knew how Eddy loved his faith, his degree and his Corolla at the time. But he succumbed to the power of love, lust and beauty.

But Eddy is not alone in this transmutation. This is not new for the ex-labour leader to transform. Oshiomhole was once a Muslim but converted to Christianity because of love, the love of his late wife. A few years ago, Oshiomhole added his baptismal name “Eric” as his middle name and dumped “Aliyu” – all for love.

King Edward VIII had to abdicate the British throne for the love of his life, “a married woman who once divorced”.

Love also weakens me – the love of my madam. Ehmm but… Well, forget abeg! The other day I told my wife, “I wonder why people get moved by the beauty of Ange Kagame, the daughter of Rwandan president, Paul Kagame. Ange looks like aBurkinabe soccer star, Aristide Bancé.” She looked at me and snapped: “Ka gaya musu!”, meaning “tell it to the birds!”

Thankfully, Governor Oshiomhole is not “abdicating” his governorship seat for his beautiful heartthrob.

Good that he remains within “Cape Bendel”.

Love, lust and beauty are both virtuous and vicious circles. Depending on one’s fortune or misfortune, love can be sweet or sweat. The essence of living together is peace, happiness and reproduction. One can marry the most beautiful lady on earth and live peacefully, while another, the unlucky one, can marry the ugliest and live quarreling.

http://blogs.premiumtimesng.com/?p=167598

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Adams Oshiomhole: From Cape Verde To Cape Bendel With Love by Redoil: 12:49pm On May 17, 2015
Mumu people why cant you people leave this dimunitive chimp alone
Re: Opinion: Adams Oshiomhole: From Cape Verde To Cape Bendel With Love by cleatoris: 3:46pm On May 17, 2015
Redoil:
Mumu people why cant you people leave this dimunitive chimp alone
And you have to use such words to describe a state governor? How silly!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Everything You Need To Know About Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria / Photo: Helicopters With Flags Seen Flying Over Lagos / Karu LG Chairman Slumps And Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.