Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai (25624 Views)

Buhari Will Not Congratulate Dickson – Lai Mohammed / Amaechi Replies Obanikoro: I Will Not Congratulate Wike, It’s Daylight Robbery / I Will Not Congratulate General Buhari - Donald Ekpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by pegolala(m): 5:10pm On May 17, 2015
Kaduna State Governor-elect, Malam Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai has urged Nigerians to stop congratulating him and General Muhammadu Buhari but rather pray for them to succeed with the bankrupt economy they are inheriting.

El-Rufai said the President-elect and himself are inheriting governments that are in bad situation, adding that, it has become so bad ‎that the President Goodluck Jonathan led government had to obtain loan to pay salaries.

He spoke at two functions held at Arewa House in Kaduna Sunday. The events were: special reception for elected officials by Kaduna Peoples’ Association (KAPA) and Special prayer for them by APC Yoruba Political Forum.

El-Rufai told KAPA that, Kaduna State has incurred debt to the tune of over N90billion, an amount which he said may increase to N100billion before the May 29 handing over ceremony.

He therefore assured that his government will not share the public fund to any persons or group, no matter how highly placed they are.

Similarly at the Yoruba Political‎ Forum’s event, the Governor-elect who was showered with prayers for the success of his administration said the incoming government needed nothing better than prayers.
According to him, “when people call me to congratulate me or come to congratulate me and General Buhari, I always tell them, thank you, but what we need is your sympathy and prayers. This is because, myself and Generl Buhari are taking over bankrupt governments; it is so bad that, the Jonathan administration is finding it difficult to pay salaries, in fact, they had to obtain loan to pay salaries.

“In the case of Kaduna State, ‎the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)’s government has incurred debt to the tune of over N90 billion, and this may get to N100 billion before May 29. Therefore, what you have done is exactly what we need to succeed”, El-Rufai said.

He however charged other elected officials to be ready to work for the people who elected them and remove greed and selfishness in the discharge of their duties, adding that, if they fail to work for the people, they will chase them out the way they did to the PDP.

While assuring that his government will not segregate and discriminate among indegenes and settlers, El-Rufai noted that the Yoruba community has lived peacefully in Kaduna for over a century.
‎He said himself and General Buhari will forever remain grateful to the Yoruba community for the overwhelming support given to them during their elections, adding that, Yoruba people have become very powerful anchor of national unity.

In his remarks, the Convener of the Special Prayer, Comrade Abdulhakeem Adegoke Alawuje said the prayer was informed by the high expectations of Nigerians on General Buhari and El-Rufai.

” People must respectively and collectively pray for the incoming administration for the overall interest of Nigerians, ” Alawuje said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/nigerians-should-pity-me-buhari-not%e2%80%8e-congratulate-us-el-rufai/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by DickDastardly(m): 5:12pm On May 17, 2015
Are there no taller people than this dwarf in Kaduna?

Pls no bashing cool

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by DickDastardly(m): 5:13pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
Pity yourself. If you post below me... You are a goat!
Yea, we both finished eating grass together tongue

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 17, 2015
Alibi!....Alibi!!.......Alibi!!!!

Since apc won the elections, excuses have not ceased to dry on their lips. They have forgotten that Nigerians knew this before they were voted in.
I hope they outperform GEJ

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:17pm On May 17, 2015
Special prayer for them by APC Yoruba Political Forum

Which one come be "APC Yoruba Political Forum" again?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Idrismusty97(m): 5:26pm On May 17, 2015
DickDastardly:
Are there no taller people than this dwarf in Kaduna?

Pls no bashing cool
A dwarf that have accomplished more than you could ever dream of.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Idrismusty97(m): 5:29pm On May 17, 2015
According to him, “when people call me to congratulate me or come to congratulate me and General Buhari, I always tell them, thank you, but what we need is your sympathy and prayers. This is because, myself and General Buhari are taking over bankrupt governments; it is so bad that, the Jonathan administration is finding it difficult to pay salaries, in fact, they had to obtain loan to pay salaries. “In the case of Kaduna State, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)’s government has incurred debt to the tune of over N90 billion, and this may get to N100 billion before May 29. Therefore, what you have done is exactly what we need to succeed”, El-Rufai said.
This is how you spots competent leaders not "America will know".

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 17, 2015
as if he didn't celebrate d victory

hope dis will not be an excuse

...... Fulfill your promises

34 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by DuchessLily(f): 5:39pm On May 17, 2015
That one na Una business ooo

All I Knw is dat u pple must perform d miracle u promised us... Bankruptcy or not .

That is why u called it miracle... Miracle is not performed in times of plenty or possibility BUT insufficiency and impossibility

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by BlackTechnology: 5:42pm On May 17, 2015
A= Abattoir

P= Paralysing

C= Chain

You guys must Change Nigeria grin

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Service which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

Remember that your ancestors never allowed the Oduduwas deceive them

WISE UP wink wink wink cool

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by jamace(m): 6:14pm On May 17, 2015
Excuses here and there. Did he not said he has come to change the situation? Why is he asking for pity? Beginning of incompetence!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by seunmsg(m): 6:21pm On May 17, 2015
So much is expected from Nasir EL-Rufai. He can't afford to fail the people of Kaduna.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by aare07(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2015
Na by force to serve. Go and work, by 2019 if.........

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by lyntiffany(f): 6:30pm On May 17, 2015
Why the excuses and complaints from these elects?

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by ROCKHARDDK(m): 7:00pm On May 17, 2015
Abeg make I answer maye 1stn I dey cum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by umarc19: 7:00pm On May 17, 2015
Yea that's true....because of the heavy burden on all of them.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 17, 2015
sigh...lalasticlala, but this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2316663/igbo-writing, cannot make fp lipsrsealed cry ?
Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Daniel058(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2015
It's like Nigeria is really going to change. .

.. Guess most of the newly elected are true leaders, not all these rulers, who rule and tear us like A4 papers..

God save Ebonyi state from the hands of political criminals.. . amen

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Aitee1: 7:01pm On May 17, 2015
And the cries continue... grin

This is just the Genesis by the time we get to malachi una go know how far... undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by synergycom19: 7:01pm On May 17, 2015
Exactly and correct,GEJ and Ngozi lweala almost buried this country

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by DEIFIED(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2015
First poster is an idio't.
Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Lexusgs430: 7:02pm On May 17, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by tucky200(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:
Pity yourself. If you post below me... You are a goat!
U and goat sef
Are u guys related ? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Lifebender(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2015
“In the case of Kaduna State, ‎the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)’s government has incurred debt to the tune of over N90 billion, and this may get to N100 billion before May 29. Therefore, what you have done is exactly what we need to succeed”, El-Rufai said
Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by savcy(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2015
We do. But perform o!!!
Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by landinfo: 7:02pm On May 17, 2015
My own is that your guyz should not TAMPER with the media......print, tv, radio, social media, etc cos people go yab una tire

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by efilefun(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by absoluteSuccess: 7:03pm On May 17, 2015
Motigbo.
Re: Nigerians Should Pity Me and Buhari, Not Congratulate Us:El- Rufai by Tufunky: 7:03pm On May 17, 2015
I am an ardent APC supporter but I have to advise APC elects to stop thinking like the PDP. Not all political issues have to do with money. Prepare good policies to ease our suffering first before thinking of how to throw money at problems.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'if Fela Durotoye Wins His LGA In February, I Will Dash Out My Iphone X' - Deji / PDP Campaign Council: Pressure On Wike To Rescind Resignation / MC Oluomo Rallies Yoruba For Tinubu's 2023 Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.