Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile (25006 Views)

PDP Crisis: Sheriff, Makarfi Meet Tomorrow As Governors Split / Abubakar Audu To Be Buried Monday As Wada Declares 7-day Mourning / Tension As Governors Sit On Bailout Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by lalasticlala(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2015
As the tenure of most state governors come to an end on May 29, they appear to have finally resolved to set aside their differences as members of the Nigeria Governors Forum, NGF, under the leadership of outgoing governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi.

A unified NGF meeting is expected hold, Monday, at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja by 8 p.m.
The NGF went into crisis in May 2013 after the election of officials split the body into two. At the election, which held at the Rivers State Governors lodge in Abuja, Mr. Amaechi defeated his Plateau State counterpart, Jonah Jang, with 19 votes to 16.
However, indications at the time suggested that the Presidency was pushing for the emergence of anyone but the Rivers governor as NGF chair because of the political differences between Mr. Amaechi and President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Patience.

After the election, Mr. Jang refused to accept defeat and formed a parallel NGF with his colleagues who voted for him.

The Director General of the NGF, Ashishana Okauru, who confirmed Monday’s meeting to PREMIUM TIMES said al the governors have agreed to Mondays meeting.

He also said the major agenda of the meeting would be to look at the activities of the forum over time, saying, “We have not really met as one since May 2013”.

The DG said Mr. Amaechi would be the one giving the updates to his colleagues.
“We would also try to explore the possibility of getting new leaders,” he said.

Mr. Okauru said all second term governors are eligible to emerge ;adding, however, that a consensus arrangement may be considered. He said governors-elect would not participate in the meeting until after the handover of power on May 29.

Checks by PREMIUM TIMES show that Zamfara State governor, Abdualziz Yari, who has been the deputy to Mr. Amaechi since the 2013 election is in strong contention to emerge as the new NGF chair.
Apart from Mr. Yari, Governors Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State and Rochas Okorocha of Imo are also angling to take over from the Rivers governor.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/183156-nigeria-governors-reconcile-set-to-elect-new-officials-monday.html

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by agarawu23(m): 5:39pm On May 17, 2015
FTC cool

the poster below me is kinda drunk undecided

his moniker says it all grin

fayose ko fayemi ni.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:39pm On May 17, 2015
Ok na,... We are watching.

Buhari must fight kworrupsion

Fayose should be the head of the nigerian governors forum

and hmmmmmm

thats all

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Uncleodi(m): 5:40pm On May 17, 2015
I knew it!

What's the OP above me blabbing?

Fayose is not even sure of being the governor of Ekiti State for the next 72 hrs talkess of heading governors forum.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 17, 2015
The poster above ^^^ me needs deliverence!

If you post below me... You are a goat!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by limolalikamaila: 5:42pm On May 17, 2015
agarawu23:
FTC cool
abuja
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by OLAADEX(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2015
Good for them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by limolalikamaila: 5:43pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:

awon egbon goat lolz

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:44pm On May 17, 2015
Gbaghan:

you must be related to patience jonathan

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Twaci(f): 5:45pm On May 17, 2015
agarawu23:
FTC cool
I am interested in your plot of land smiley.

How much?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Redoil: 5:46pm On May 17, 2015
Too many children on nairaland.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:47pm On May 17, 2015
Twaci:

How much?
just 5 million dollars only, we collect in cash and kind, but you can forward your payment to our office, No 55 agindigbe jakande street, opposite london, USA, PMB. 5076
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by agarawu23(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2015
Twaci:

How much?
it will be yours if you are ready to trek for buhari cool
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 17, 2015
People like Amaechi would be very happy right now as a fulfilled man while people like fayose(the attack dog) is facing impeachment.

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Mogidi: 5:48pm On May 17, 2015
He also said the major agenda of the meeting would be to look at the activities of the forum over time, saying, “We have not really met as one since May 2013”.

I don't foresee any change, the PDP governors are mostly from the SE/SS while APC governors are from the north and West.

I believe the SE/SS governors should form a rival caucus against Arewa governors or Northern governors forum.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:48pm On May 17, 2015
Redoil:
Too many children on nairaland.
adult himself
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Williamso(m): 5:48pm On May 17, 2015
Finally, common sense has prevailed...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by biafransoul: 5:48pm On May 17, 2015
Another lie from premium times. The title should have been Apc governors set to meet on Monday.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by fiftynaira(m): 5:49pm On May 17, 2015
Pls tell d poster above me that my god father is folyd mayweather!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:50pm On May 17, 2015
agarawu23:
FTC cool
the poster below me is kinda drunk undecided
his moniker says it all grin
fayose ko fayemi ni.
cheesy
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by cleatoris: 5:50pm On May 17, 2015
Sanity and commonsense is taking over. 16 is no longer greater than 19

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by PentiumPro(f): 5:50pm On May 17, 2015
This Governors forum is just an avenue for those governors to gang up. They should sit their assessss down to work in their states rather than gallivanting around the country planning one thing or the other against the FG.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:51pm On May 17, 2015
fiftynaira:
Pls tell d poster above me that my god father is folyd mayweather!
is he from nigeria or tokyo or morrocco? Because i have not heard of that name before?
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by cleatoris: 5:56pm On May 17, 2015
"How many states did PDP stole in the last election? The amount that is not strong enough to bring madness to the NGF!
Is that good enof?"

--Jona

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Twaci(f): 6:08pm On May 17, 2015
agarawu23:
it will be yours if you are ready to trek for buhari cool
Already done....from my house to the busstop and back again cheesy
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by magaliyu(f): 6:10pm On May 17, 2015
Campaign After Election.
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by Twaci(f): 6:12pm On May 17, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

just 5 million dollars only, we collect in cash and kind, but you can forward your payment to our office, No 55 agindigbe jakande street, opposite london, USA, PMB. 5076
....Just one word Sir.

Ole.
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by omenka(m): 6:15pm On May 17, 2015
Good.

I know common sense and correct arithmetic, as opposed to 16 being greater than 19, would prevail this time since nonsense is on its way out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by san316(m): 6:17pm On May 17, 2015
That is goood. But I have a question...

Why is it that, if poor man drink garri, Dem go say Na poverty but if Na rich man, Dem go say Na humility? Why why why?!!
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:20pm On May 17, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

you must be related to patience jonathan
he is simply writing in phonetics.. grin
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by kokoA(m): 6:29pm On May 17, 2015
Dis Bayelsa governor sha.. Fine boi grin
Re: Nigeria Governors Forum Set To Elect New Officials Monday As Governors Reconcile by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:29pm On May 17, 2015
Twaci:
....Just one word Sir.
Ole.
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC / Video: PDP Youth Leader, Others Storms Dino's Residence In Solidarity / Kano Emirates’ Issue Will Definitely Be Revisited – Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.