Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) (11301 Views)

Obasanjo's Adopted Son, Udoh Henry At His 79th Birthday In Ogun State.pics / Idoma People Welcome David Mark Today In Otukpo, Benue State(pics / Nigerian Troops Capture Alagarno In Borno State (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by comfort3: 6:02pm On Feb 10, 2009
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 6:05pm On Feb 10, 2009
isnt that the state of the "most hardworking/best" governor from 1999/2007?
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2009
must_a_far:

Please tell me that is a joke? Abeg STOP AM OO!!! roflmao!!
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2009
must_a_far:

Who gave him that award; you?
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Please tell me that is a joke? Abeg STOP AM OO!!! roflmao!!

nuzo:

Who gave him that award; you?

he was hardworking now. didnt u hear of his achievement on newspaper pages and read it on TV? he also spent money on ENYIMBA football club (the peoples elephant), he got them to play against inter milan right in the famous san siro. something nobody had every accomplished before in the history of the state.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by bawomolo(m): 6:14pm On Feb 10, 2009

the irony of a so klin billboard being placed right in the slum
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by blackspade(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2009
Wow, I can't even imagine all the bacteria floating around in those pictures. . .

. . .it's heartbreaking that our children have to use that filthy water for drinking purposes. Where did we go wrong? cry
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2009
it says Klin for clothes not the streets. grin
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 6:17pm On Feb 10, 2009
im anxiously waiting for someone to come cry tribalism and start countering that doesnt my state have this and that too.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by bawomolo(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2009
davidylan:

it says Klin for clothes not the streets. grin

those streets could make use of some ariel and klin scrubbing grin
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Finally: 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2009
must_a_far:

im anxiously waiting for someone to come cry tribalism and start countering that doesnt my state have this and that too.

The Abia state story is just a representation of the colossal failure we call Nigeria. No state can boast to be different
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Feb 10, 2009
Abegi! All you have to do is check out Faulks road in the heart of Aba to know if the governor is doing anything !lol
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 6:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
Finally:

The Abia state story is just a representation of the colossal failure we call Nigeria. No state can boast to be different

its not about, "NO STATE CAN BOAST TO BE DIFFERENT" its about some states are working towards changing things while some are not doing anything at all. my comment wasnt to boast that my state is not like that. it was prompted by the thought that someone would attack our persons that our states are not better. instead of focusing on what the thread is pointing to.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 10, 2009
kai! see the place looking like oshodi grin grin grin

where are wicked men like fashola when you need them? cheesy cheesy cheesy

see our south eastern brothers claiming the lead yet again lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Finally: 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2009
must_a_far:

its not about, "NO STATE CAN BOAST TO BE DIFFERENT" its about some states are working towards changing things while some are not doing anything at all.

When Orji Uzor Kalu was the guv'nor, he gave us the impression that Abia state was being transformed. A little probing into his claims reveal a different picture. [b]Most states [/b]and thier guv'nors play by the same book. Show U what they want U to see and try to sweep other massive anomalies under the rug.

I would like to be given an example of a state where all is gold and indeed glitters.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2009
Finally:

When Orji Uzor Kalu was the guv'nor, he gave us the impression that Abia state was being transformed. A little probing into his claims reveal a different picture. [b]Most states [/b]and thier guv'nors play by the same book. Show U what they want U to see and try to sweep other massive anomalies under the rug.

I would like to be given an example of a state where all is gold and indeed glitters.

BRANDING seems the new trend. They position themselves, by using the media, as men of action but reality always speaks louder.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

BRANDING seems the new trend. They position themselves, by using the media, as men of action but reality always speaks louder.

a friend of mine made so much fun of chiamroke nnamani,- the guy was putting adverts on CNN - to God be the glory - Enugu is working
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 6:37pm On Feb 10, 2009
oyb:

a friend of mine made so much fun of chiamroke nnamani,- the guy was putting adverts on CNN - to God be the glory - Enugu is working

didnt that help fix a road or 20? if u ask him, he'll say it was money well spentwasted
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2009
must a far

Finally is still waiting for answers to his question en quote.

Finally:

Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 6:45pm On Feb 10, 2009
nuzo:

must a far

Finally is still waiting for answers to his question en quote.

i never said anything in any of my posts that points in the direction that i insinuate there are some states that have gold paved streets and silver pouring out of taps instead of water. so him asking me that question as a way to counter my post must have been a joke i didnt get.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Finally: 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2009
must_a_far:

i never said anything in any of my posts that points in the direction that there are some states that have gold paved streets and silver pouring out of taps instead of water. so him asking me that question as a way to counter my post must have been a joke i didnt get.

Actually, the joke here is U seeing the Abia story as an independent anomaly within the Nigerian polity.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 6:50pm On Feb 10, 2009
Finally:

Actually, the joke here is U seeing the Abia story as an independent anomaly within the Nigerian polity.

and how did u deduce that i see it as an independent anomaly? cos i read the comment that prompted your tantrum and nowhere does it single out abia as being the only such state with such.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by asha80(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2009
Na wa 4 aba cheesy
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by asha80(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2009
Nobody is talking about tribalism.After all the person that wrote the story is an igbo man.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2009
No be only aba ooo, go uturu go see wetin dey happen for that place. And that is where Abia State University lives.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Finally: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2009
must_a_far:

and how did u deduce that i see it as an independent anomaly? cos i read the comment that prompted your tantrum and nowhere does it single out abia as being the only such state with such.

Ur own words,

must_a_far:

its not about, "NO STATE CAN BOAST TO BE DIFFERENT" i[b]ts about some states are working towards changing things while some are not doing anything at all[/b]. my comment wasnt to boast that my state is not like that. it was prompted by the thought that someone would attack our persons that our states are not better. instead of focusing on what the thread is pointing to.

Its either I misunderstood what U were trying to convey (in which case I apologise) or U intended to say something but ended up saying something different  grin

I am not even from the fucking state , so why should I be throwing tantrums  undecided

I am just saying those kind of pics are not unique to Abia state. Those pics remind of me some places in Oshodi (Lagos) , Okpoko (Anambra) , Daurawa (Kano).  So the exclamation "Na wa for Aba" does not make sense to me.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2009
Finally:

So the exclamation "Na wa for Aba" does not make sense to me.

If you consider that in the context of this present discussion, it does make sense in some way.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by honeric01(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2009
I see on TV that Imo state is turning green, Ohakim is working and planting, please can anyone help with information to see if "transformation" is really going on?
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Finally: 7:22pm On Feb 10, 2009
Kobojunkie:

If you consider that in the context of this present discussion, it does make sense in some way.

Well, its all about perception.

I would not come here screaming "Na wa for Aba" when I am fully aware that my own state guv'nor is doing no better. As I stated earlier the pics just reminds me that all is not well, not just with Abia, but with Nigeria as a whole.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Feb 10, 2009
True
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by mustafar1: 7:29pm On Feb 10, 2009
Finally, i guess u misconstrued my statement as me beating my chest about my state i.e. my state being the next best thing in nigeria after sliced bread. thats far from it, you'll be on NL long enough to realize where my comment came from.

as per saying u were throwing a tantrum, i do apologise. you should have simply asked me to explain why i made the statement i had made instead. i would not hesitate to throw my state under the bus and have you be the bus driver to back the bus up a few times over it.
Re: What Is Happening In Abia State? (pics) by asha80(m): 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2009
@kobojunkie

I do not think uturu is that bad.I went there like seven months ago it cannot be compared to the pics here.

Someone told me that ibadan is worse than aba.If it is true i wonder how it would look like. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reps Reject Motion To Ban Alcohol Sale / Two Baby Factory Operators Arrested In Ogun State / Sacked Ministers Paraded As FEC Members Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.