Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Starting Up A Hotspot Zone - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starting Up A Hotspot Zone (1150 Views)

How I Created A Wifi Hotspot For My Itel Phone With Command Prompt / Free 3 Years Premium Hotspot Shield Vpn ( Download B4 Link Dies ) / Will you be willing to pay N600 for 1GB of WiFi at a hotspot location? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by Chikebrain: 8:33am On May 18, 2015
I wish to start up a hotspot zone (as a business) in one of the Nigerian states that can cater or cover at least 70% of the state capital. I need advice from experts in the house. Constructive criticism would also be appreciated.

Mods please help move to the right section if it isn't. Thanks

CC: lalastica Seun Ishilove (Please help a brother out. Thanks)
Re: Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by persius555(m): 10:42am On May 18, 2015
Beautiful. Sorry, a hotspot covering hundred of square mile and controlled from one central location.Very possible, but Would like to see how that would pan out.
Re: Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by hedgesfun(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2015
it's a very nice business but has lots of challenges, 1. if you are in Lagos the market is there for you but you have lots of big wigs to contend with so you have to be ready for the contest, if you are outside Lagos the have lesser competition but you might be going into an untapped and unexposed market where you might have to go the extra mile to liberate people and expose them to d concept and convincing them is a very big task, so you have to critically look at it in those ways. Am not saying these to scare you away but to strengthen you cos I believe if you know your weekpoints more than your strength then you could be ready for what you 're going into. I am saying this based on a 1st hand experience as am into it also. On the technical issue it takes a lot you can't get an antenna that will effectively transmit over 150meters point to multipoint, but there are ways it can be done but require a very large sum of money so you need know what you are going into.
Am open to more talks if u want. 7F4BD475
Take care.
Re: Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by Chikebrain: 5:11pm On May 18, 2015
persius555:
Beautiful. Sorry, a hotspot covering hundred of square mile and controlled from one central location.Very possible, but Would like to see how that would pan out.

Thanks for your comment.
Re: Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by Chikebrain: 5:29pm On May 18, 2015
hedgesfun:
it's a very nice business but has lots of challenges, 1. if you are in Lagos the market is there for you but you have lots of big wigs to contend with so you have to be ready for the contest, if you are outside Lagos the have lesser competition but you might be going into an untapped and unexposed market where you might have to go the extra mile to liberate people and expose them to d concept and convincing them is a very big task, so you have to critically look at it in those ways. Am not saying these to scare you away but to strengthen you cos I believe if you know your weekpoints more than your strength then you could be ready for what you 're going into. I am saying this based on a 1st hand experience as am into it also. On the technical issue it takes a lot you can't get an antenna that will effectively transmit over 150meters point to multipoint, but there are ways it can be done but require a very large sum of money so you need know what you are going into.
Am open to more talks if u want. 7F4BD475
Take care.

Thanks for your comment, I really do appreciate. State of location isn't lagos and I'm glad it isn't coz competition. I'm aware of constraints such as power to keep servers up and running, cost of getting dedicated line. My issue is having a comprehensive cost of setting it up.
Would add you up on BBM
Re: Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by Chikebrain: 5:31pm On May 18, 2015
Please I'm open to more suggestions
Re: Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by persius555(m): 8:44pm On May 18, 2015
Chikebrain:

Thanks for your comment, I really do appreciate. State of location isn't lagos and I'm glad it isn't coz competition. I'm aware of constraints such as power to keep servers up and running, cost of getting dedicated line. My issue is having a comprehensive cost of setting it up.
Would add you up on BBM

I salute your entrepeneurship spirit. Piece of advice, start small. Do your research on the 2.4ghz spectrum space, its capabilities and efficiency. You could do a research and share questionnaires in areas where you are likely to get patronage to get patronage, for instance govt cafeterias, schools etc.
Re: Starting Up A Hotspot Zone by Chikebrain: 9:21pm On May 19, 2015
persius555:
I salute your entrepeneurship spirit. Piece of advice, start small. Do your research on the 2.4ghz spectrum space, its capabilities and efficiency. You could do a research and share questionnaires in areas where you are likely to get patronage to get patronage, for instance govt cafeterias, schools etc.
Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Awoof Deal,63pieces Monitors,20pieces Printer All From Uk,clearnace / Just Arrived HP Compaq CQ70 4gig 250HDD @ Affordable Price / Help Out Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.