Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,421 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:10 PM

Ladies Please Can You Do This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Please Can You Do This? (1056 Views)

Dear African Ladies Please Know This. / Ladies Please Be Careful!! See The Lifeless Body Of A 20 Year Old Girl Found In / (men Only)ladies Please Don't Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Please Can You Do This? by UdohOby(f): 2:08pm On May 18, 2015
Please ladies in the house, can you join resources with your hubby to build a house? In a country like Nigeria where women are at a loss when there is family crises, I don't think that is advisable.

A very close friend of mine was telling me about what happened to her sister in-law. The lady in question was driven out of the house by her husband on Jan 1st of this year. The lady and her husband had joined resources to build there mansion. She put in all her savings. On the 1st of Jan, when everyone was busy enjoying and thanking God for a new year, she was thrown out of the house with nothing, not even her box of clothes all because she has no child.
I know it is good to help out in the running of the home, which I do. But e no dey pass buying food and other necessary things in the house. If I have enough money to build a house, I will kukuma build a house in my name or my son's name and rent it out. This country is not like the oyinbo man's country where the property can be sold, and the two parties share the proceed. This is just my own opinion.
So ladies, what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Please Can You Do This? by lilmax(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2015
Women and aproko

1 Like

Re: Ladies Please Can You Do This? by SAMBARRY: 3:01pm On May 18, 2015
Lol I blame her because she didn't have plan b.

that is what happens when you invest your life on a man instead of yourself and/or your children. Anything can happen at anytime. If he asks why didn't you contribute you say I just finished paying my children's school fees and I don't have much on me.

Or better still steal the documents of the house, sell it on top of his head and take off with the money and your children

next lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies Please Can You Do This? by manie(m): 6:50am On Dec 12, 2015
UdohOby:
Please ladies in the house, can you join resources with your hubby to build a house? In a country like Nigeria where women are at a loss when there is family crises, I don't think that is advisable.

A very close friend of mine was telling me about what happened to her sister in-law. The lady in question was driven out of the house by her husband on Jan 1st of this year. The lady and her husband had joined resources to build there mansion. She put in all her savings. On the 1st of Jan, when everyone was busy enjoying and thanking God for a new year, she was thrown out of the house with nothing, not even her box of clothes all because she has no child.
I know it is good to help out in the running of the home, which I do. But e no dey pass buying food and other necessary things in the house. If I have enough money to build a house, I will kukuma build a house in my name or my son's name and rent it out. This country is not like the oyinbo man's country where the property can be sold, and the two parties share the proceed. This is just my own opinion.
There is no big deal in a woman joining resources with her husband to build a house. But make sure that your name is included in the title document of the property. The woman's contribution should not be by giving cash to her husband, but by paying cash or cheque into his account or through fund transfers, the tellers and transfer slips will serve as an envidence of your contribution if problems arise in the future which no one prays for but one needs to plan for.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Please Can You Do This? by rudebouy: 11:45am On Feb 17, 2016
UdohOby:

If I have enough money to build a house, I will kukuma build a house in my name or my son's name and rent it out. This country is not like the oyinbo man's country where the property can be sold, and the two parties share the proceed. This is just my own opinion.

In Nigeria, any man can throw you out of the house if you guys only did traditional and white wedding. But if you did court wedding, and you get a good lawyer, you must be settled na.

Ignorance is our problem in dis countryshocked!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should I Propose Or Step Back / Can You Use This Creature As Pet? (photo) / Can A Nigerian President Do This In Church? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.