Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,172 members, 7,807,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital (38074 Views)

Ekwueme: Aim Of The 1983 Coup Was To Stop Me From Emerging The President In 1987 / Ogun Is Nigeria’s Industrial Capital – Amosun / Outsider Emerging Customs Boss Rubbishes Career Progression – Group Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 12:47am On May 20, 2015
OduaVanguard:

This is the kind of reliable counter evidence/breakdown i was asking to see to counter the Osun govrnment's figures. Clearly it refutes their data and appears more credible. But like Afigod said, i think we may be derailing this thread with this back and forth exchanges. We are waiting for more eye-candy o op. cheesy

Oya , Back to Eye candy Posting smiley
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 1:33am On May 20, 2015
scholes0:

Oyo state already has the second largest non-oil GDP in Nigeria, After Lagos.(as at 2010)
Ogun will come up fast, at the present rate of industrialization.

That is great. Please do you have figures? I know Lagos generates over N216b annually as IGR which stands at 75% of the total budget.

I hope other states do the same and expect less from Abuja for survival.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:12am On May 20, 2015
FKO81:
Even Osun GDP is far bigger grin. Ndi ara

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:22am On May 20, 2015
OduaVanguard:

This is the kind of reliable counter evidence/breakdown i was asking to see to counter the Osun govrnment's figures. Clearly it refutes their data and appears more credible. But like Afigod said, i think we may be derailing this thread with this back and forth exchanges. We are waiting for more eye-candy o op. cheesy

Nobody wanted your thread derailed but we see you started calling us out from the onset, we ignored till page four.
You gathered the ant infested firewood now the lizards are here as guests, let us debase economy of Anambra and Ogun State , its not about posting the interiors of companies that elevate your GDP.

After all China has more industries than Qatar or switzerland, the landmass of Australia, India and Russia are all bigger tha Japan's

1 Like

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:35am On May 20, 2015
scholes0:

Obviously, like you said, these figures do not reflect the rebased economy, in which the percentage of oil in the Nigerian economy has dropped drastically and Services and Industry has increased. With these put into consideration, i think the figures for South Eastern and South Western states would have increased drastically in the New Nigerian economy, and most especially states like Lagos, Ogun Anambra, Oyo, which have 100% completely non-oil economies

To be honest, I question the efficacy of spewing out re-based figures that tell investors the Nigerian economy has more than doubled, but don't tell them where the growth took place. Obviously Ogun state is one of such places where drastic economic growth has occurred (it probably has a GDP as large as $22billion now and a GDP per capita twice what it had before ) but it's all guess work trying to figure out which sectors are responsible without reliable stats. The pictures you're sharing show tremendous hope for this country.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:39am On May 20, 2015
scholes0:

Pls, If I may ask
What parameters are you going by/using to quantify the standard of living of the people in Ogun, relative to the rest of Nigeria?
Does Aba, Onitsha or Nnewi look better or cleaner, or more advanced than Sango Otta or Ajuwon or Akute for example?

Yes Anambra State look more standardized, mordern, decent and baff up than Ogun State, apart from companies located around Shagamu and Agbara areas the entire Ogun State is dead.
There are better housing structures in Fegge alone than the entire Ogun State, can Ogun ever have places like Awada, Nkpor, Woliwo, Iyiowa, 33, in their entire life.
Anambra interior villages have more economic life than Ogun's, universities located in Ogun serve lagos residents very close to Lagos, there are more bank branches in Anambra than Ogun both commercial and MFBs to show you banks don't go where they do kuli kuli businesses, there are more small businesses in Anambra than Ogun and small businesses are what fuel economies of developing countries, there are more international markets in Anambra State than Ogun, when I mean international markets its not all these Iya Sikiru buka you people open every 4 market days .

I have been to Ilesha Remo, I have been to Akute, Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode et al, Ogun outside the places close to Lagos are burial ground.

Based on FMM and NAPEP Anambra has the least poverty rate in Nigeria despite high population density.

Please we have residential Ogun instead of all these interior decoration of companies your posting here, let's have your cities skyline and network of roads so that the comparision will commence in full blast.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:41am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk please stop the useless comparisons^^^^^. it doesn't change the fact that Ogun is industrializing rapidly.

*modified*
And what the f***. Ask for their "city skylines" and "network of roads" when they ask for your own. You sound like some deranged illiterate village headmaster.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:43am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Yes Anambra State look more standardized than Ogun State, apart from companies located around Shagamu and Agbara areas the entire Ogun State is a dead.
There are better housing structure in Fegge alone than the entire Ogun State, Anambra interior villages have more economic life than Ogun's, universities located in Ogun serve lagos residents very close to Lagos, there are more bank branches in Anambra than Ogun both commercial and MFBs to show you banks don't go where they do kuli kuli businesses, there are more small businesses in Anambra than Ogun and small businesses are what fuel economies of developing companies, there are more international markets in Anambra State than Ogun, when I mean international markets its not all these Iya Sikiru buka you people open every 4 market days .

I have been to Ilesha Remo, I have been to Akute, Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode et al, Ogun outside the places close to Lagos are burial ground.

Based on FMM and NAPEP Anambra has the least poverty rate in Nigeria despite high population density.

Please we have residential Ogun instead of all these interior decoration of companies your posting here, let's have your cities skyline and network of roads so that the comparision will commence in full blast.

It looks that way because Ogun state is almost as big as the entire south east.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:46am On May 20, 2015
Aigbofa:

It looks that way because Ogun state is almost as big as the entire south east.

Who else also doesn't know Russia is bigger tha US and Japan while Niger and Borno are bigger than Lagos.

Landmass doesn't mean economic activities and successes biko.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:49am On May 20, 2015
AfricanGod2:
BuddahMonk please stop the useless comparisons^^^^^. it doesn't change the fact that Ogun is industrializing rapidly.

*modified*
And what the f***. Ask for their "city skylines" and "network of roads" when they ask for your own. You sound like some deranged illiterate village headmaster.

You know I was following the thread with keen interest until Ilekeh and OduaVanguard started calling us out and insulting us, please let me protect my interest because I have been asked to come and do that already.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:50am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Who else also doesn't know Russia is bigger tha US and Japan while Niger and Borno are bigger than Lagos.

Landmass doesn't mean economic activities and successes biko.

If you relocate all the businesses in Lagos to Borno will Borno instantly look clustered like Lagos? The South east is small and that is a serious disadvantage. The U.S and Japan have bigger economies because a lot of their businesses have grown beyond their borders, I don't see any comparison with the south east here.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:54am On May 20, 2015
AfricanGod2:

*modified*

Economy is not about shiny companies and beautiful interiors, there are better roads in Anambra than Ogun and Anambra School system bested Ogun eveywhere so its not about the closer to Lagos things.

Does Ogun interiors have economic life.
Yes our skyline say much about us just like your mud apparitions define you all
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 2:56am On May 20, 2015
Aigbofa:

If you relocate all the businesses in Lagos to Borno will Borno instantly look like clustered like Lagos?

Ask who thinks its all about landmass, let the deranged goat check Japan, germany, france and US with relation to Russia, Aussie, chiina and india.
Should I type slowly for you to understand
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Ilekeh(f): 2:59am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

You know I was following the thread with keen interest until Ilekeh and OduaVanguard started calling us out and insulting us, please let me protect my interest because I have been asked to come and do that already.

I mentioned "Igbos" on this thread and you came. Welcome.

10 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:00am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Ask who thinks its all about landmass, let the deranged goat check Japan, germany, france and US with relation to Russia, Aussie, chiina and india.

Where are the ibo multinationals comparable to the ones that gave the countries you mentioned bigger economies than Russia?

6 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Ilekeh(f): 3:00am On May 20, 2015
Poster, more pictures please.

I want some people to kwensh for this thread grin

7 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:07am On May 20, 2015
Aigbofa:

Where are the ibo multinationals comparable to the ones that gave the countries you mentioned bigger economies than Russia?

These coys in ogun are not Ofe owned but your using them to gauge your GDP, they are foreign companies that came to Nigeria to do business, we don't own SabMiller, GCM and co, foreigners own them, so don't tell me because its in your land its yours.

Igbo multinationals won't start with the snap of the finger, it will definitely come when the time reaches
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:11am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

These coys are not Ofe owned, they are foreign companies that came to Nigeria to do business, we don't own SabMiller, GCM and co, foreigners own them, so don't tell me because its in your land its yours.

Agreed, let us assume the same number of companies are coming to the south east, who will run out land and resources first? Unless you want to stack the factories on top of each other. For your information, even the most advanced countries have a lot foreign owned companies.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:22am On May 20, 2015
Aigbofa:

Agreed, let us assume the same number of companies are coming to the south east who will run out land and resources first? Unless you want to stack the factories on top of each other. For your information, even the most advanced countries have a lot foreign owned companies.

Its all about land economies and prudent management of it, as small as Japan is they are still building more factories and expanding infrastructures, its not about being small its about know how to manage those little things that count. East don't waste land, lagos as a case study have the biggest population and economic activities in Nigeria yet eveyday new companies are open while roads are expanded and people still build houses and are more empty plots in Lagos as well.
East is good in prudent resources management and land is one of them, there are no ghettos in Anambra, cities in Anambra are planned to accomodate highrise residential buildings and the code is strickly adhere to religiously.
Streets and roads in Anambra are well paved to allow for future expansion, cosidering the way Anambra is planned she can handle all the comapnies in both Lagos and Ogun and still have more empty lands for agricultures and high rise residential abodes.

Do you want a piece of the action
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:30am On May 20, 2015
Do you know how many people that live in this street alone, with 3,4,5 strorey residential buildings on both sides of the street.
Imagine if we had wasted the lands building face me I face you and bungalow like you will seen below in ogun

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:35am On May 20, 2015
This is an Awada street from the balcony of my house, check how dense the place is and the nature of buildings there

1 Like

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:38am On May 20, 2015
<======Unfollows thread.
Enjoy your thread and stop inviting unnecessary distractions to your business
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 3:42am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Do you know how many people that live in this street alone, with 3,4,5 strorey residential buildings on both sides of the street.
Imagine if we had wasted the lands building face me I face you and bungalow like you will seen below in ogun

I guess Biafra will be the first country to build high rise factories if in 2015 when Nigeria is still underdeveloped you are already stacking your houses on top of each other. I foresee high rise cemeteries sef.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 4:04am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Economy is not about shiny companies and beautiful interiors, there are better roads in Anambra than Ogun and Anambra School system bested Ogun eveywhere so its not about the closer to Lagos things.

Does Ogun interiors have economic life.
Yes our skyline say much about us just like your mud apparitions define you all

I'm sorry...lemme get this straight. Economies are not about shiny companies and the beautiful interiors of say, hotels built to accommodate workers of these companies, but they are about shiny roads and local champion school systems? Please come back when Anambra has roads that are comparable to world class roads, or a school system that's comparable to world class school systems otherwise I won't see the difference between Anambra or Ogun in roads or school systems.

It's either you're blind or something that you can't see the massive development in Ogun's roads and overall transportation network. They recently signed a contract to build their own rail network, and when the Ogun standard schools are complete Anambra's "school system" will be left in the dust at the pace it's moving. Thankfully you can easily check out all this on the FUNCTIONING Ogun state website, which is much more than I can say for Anambra.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 4:21am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Yes Anambra State look more standardized, mordern, decent and baff up than Ogun State, apart from companies located around Shagamu and Agbara areas the entire Ogun State is dead.
There are better housing structures in Fegge alone than the entire Ogun State, can Ogun ever have places like Awada, Nkpor, Woliwo, Iyiowa, 33, in their entire life.

lol, Show us this so called Fagge, and let me show you all the Housing estates on Lagos-ibadan expressway, like the redeemers camp, Canaanland Etc......You are overhyping Anambra.
Oh and pls while doing that, don't forget those World class roads in Anambra too.... We are all eagerly waiting to see them.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by Nobody: 4:21am On May 20, 2015
I'm so infuriated by your stupidity and immaturity buddahMonk. somehow you seem to truly nelieve that posting pictures of ighrise buildings in streets without running water, or walkways; with open litter filled gutters, and sand covered roads somehow shows that Anambra is better off than a state that delivers well planned housing estates with running water and clean streets to it's citizenry.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-82GwtIijLr0/UlKty8rUwXI/AAAAAAAAACk/IHV06Jbctg4/s1600/DSCF5271+-+Copy.JPG[/img]

Please try again when Anambra gets a housing corporation. local champions like you are the worst kinds of myopic people.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 4:27am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:
This is an Awada street from the balcony of my house, check how dense the place is and the nature of buildings there

Lol, I see you always posting this Urban squalor in every situation that pitts Igbo against Yoruba or SE against SW..... those buildings are ugly and God knows... they might collapse anytime.
I would rather live in a tranquil Ogun or Ekiti village than that degenerated environment u r posting up there.........
You can eat your density, guess what London does not have that many Skyscrapers, but it is the Leading city globally..... most times, building height is simply a function of available space.
But hey!, I wouldn't expect you to understand.... since bigotry has blinded your sense of reasoning

8 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 4:31am On May 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Hahahaha, attempt Fail!!
Shame on you for pitting an urban environment with a rural one, just goes on to show your own level of reasoning than anything else...
Anyways, I will keep posting factories, while you can keep moping in your hate

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by after1: 4:57am On May 20, 2015
I will advise you all to ignore the jobless Buddahmonk, an elder man that still live with his aged parent is a sad man, he just want to derail this thread. I should have put him in his place here but dont want to derail this wonderful thread, i will go disgrace him as usual in there local Anambra thread.

More pics abeg.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by oluks05: 6:23am On May 20, 2015
U guys at better put your emotions in check and not turn this thread into another senseless tribal e-war. At the end of the day u jst end up derailing the thread..........not worth it!
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by customized07: 6:56am On May 20, 2015
scholes0:

Pls, If I may ask
What parameters are you going by/using to quantify the standard of living of the people in Ogun, relative to the rest of Nigeria?
Does Aba, Onitsha or Nnewi look better or cleaner, or more advanced than Sango Otta or Ajuwon or Akute for example?
sango otta, ajuwon and akute are all small towns. They should be compare with abiriba, mgbidi and ohafia.

So tell me does sango otta, akute and ajuwon look better or cleaner than abiriba (for example), NO.
Re: Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital by scholes0(m): 7:00am On May 20, 2015
customized07:
sango otta, ajuwon and akute are all small towns. They should be compare with abiriba, mgbidi and ohafia.

So tell me does sango otta, akute and ajuwon look better or cleaner than abiriba (for example), NO.

What is mbgidi and abiriba?
Sango Otta, Ajuwon and Akute are all extensions of the Lagos metropolis, and are in no way "small"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2019: Atiku Declares Presidential Bid, Tackles Buhari / Two Shot Dead In Nnewi As IPOB & Soldiers Clash In Anambra / Chima Okoro, Twitter User Who Predicted Abuja Attacks Deletes Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.