Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? (8899 Views)

Student Result Checker --built By Dreamweaver / Please I Need Link To Download DREAMWEAVER Cs6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 1:38pm On May 20, 2015
onyengbu:

Your logic does not really stand. How can you say it was not built for webdesign yet it does all the webdesign stuffs and even more. You cited notepad++ yet I can name things DW can do that notepad++ cant and yet I cant see those that notepad++ can do that DW cant.
Again, saying that web design community rejected DW is an assertion you cant prove.
If it was built for graphic designers, how come many newbies that use DW cant even open all the graphic design tools you mentioned. Its easier to say that it was built for newbies than saying its for graphic designers.
All in all, one of the things that matter most to me in my line of work is speed of coding and DW help to achieve that better than notepad++. No need to come here and claim I dont use DW because it might make me look like a newbie.

Tell am my brother .. i ve been using DW for 4yrs now , i am a pure coder , i don't see myself switching to Notped ++ or sublime . I have never switched to the Design view of DW withing these years !
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 1:43pm On May 20, 2015
who even pushed this thread to FP
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by abbey621(m): 1:45pm On May 20, 2015
Dreamweaver was useful about 5 to 10 years ago but the world has moved beyond that, I have to agree with one of the posters, Dreamweaver was geared towards graphics designers and less towards advanced coding. Even though Dreamweaver gives you the ability to complete front end and back end, it is still limited in its capabilities. In order to prove this limitation, try using Dreamweaver for heavy HTML5 AND CSS3 coding and see how it works out. I personally prefer Sublime Text over Dreamweaver but that's just me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Sibrah: 1:47pm On May 20, 2015
I see DW as a web building IDE. Netbeans is build around technologies closely related to Java and DW is same concept but for Web related Technologies.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by dokunbam(m): 1:50pm On May 20, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Well see dreamweaver like an automatic car which makes your life easy in the sense that it has drag and drop buttons that doesnt require you to code

i like php storm and brackets
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by bigtt76(f): 1:53pm On May 20, 2015
Hahaha ...nor bi everybody sabi code text based na. People still need to start from the object views before moving on grin

CreativeWeb:

We now use notepad++
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by picsOR: 1:58pm On May 20, 2015
DW is more of a WYSIWYG editor. You won't find many serious web developers using DW.

Anyone fluent in HTML and CSS will most likely be hand coding using a text editor. Preview in browser - most have developer consoles for effective troublshooting.

And @creativeweb is spot on.

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 20, 2015
The code view has been with dreamweaver before adobe bought the company...

CreativeWeb:
Trust me sir, dw was built purely to serve as 'a web design graphic tool'. The major focus was actually the design view. Adobe added the code view because it wil be wierd to have it without a code view. Adobe specializes in graphics software. Raster graphics (photoshop), vector graphics (illustrator), magazine graphics (indesign), web graphics (dream weaver), video graphics (premiere), etc.

Dw is good, but web design community world wide rejected it because it was not built for them. Adobe built it for 'designers.'
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by TechtraGadgets: 2:21pm On May 20, 2015
CreativeWeb:

We now use notepad++

Sublime text 2 rules now

Serious Web developers with unique, dynamic and responsive sites don't use dreamweaver @ op

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by kenomobola(m): 2:25pm On May 20, 2015
Dreamweaver is a nice piece of software but personally I don't like using it. I shun Dreamweaver for the following reasons.

It inserts proprietary code into webpages.
It uses a lot of system resources.
You must use the latest version so you do not end up using deprecated HTML and CSS.
It can prevent you from actually learning how to use HTML and CSS.

I prefer to use Sublime Text, and yes there are many things Dreamweaver can do which Sublime Text can't; but in the end I'll rather choose creative freedom than tons of features.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 20, 2015
Only computer operators use dreamweaver and drag and drop GUI softwares.. Real programmers use any txt editor like notepad or notepad ++ or bluefish or sublime etc
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by RALPHOW(m): 2:33pm On May 20, 2015
Hi Guys
Where is the place of Joomla 3x
Am a new webdesigner
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 20, 2015
onyengbu:

If it was not designed to serve as text editor why does it have the code view? Why does it have code auto completion and syntax highlighting? The part about it being made for graphic designers will shock even the makers of the software.
The thing here is that people like saying that DW is for amateurs just to make themselves feel like pro (i dont mean you).
Dreamweaver have code and design view and which one you decide to switch to determines your level of competitiveness. I love DW so much because of code completion, syntax highlighting, search and replace, updating renamed files sitewide and other life saving features no one hardly mention when they talk down on DW. It is true that any serious coder have no business switching DW's design view or letting it create functions for you but those are not just what DW is all about. It is a much more advanced and useful tool.
DW is not dead like people like to say in public because most people still use it in the comfort of their computers just that there seem to be this stigma hanging over its shoulder that make people deny it in public.
That I am sure is connnected to the fact web design newbies also find unguided solace in making it a tool of choice.

Dreamweaver is for Amateurs.

Why don't you go create dynamic javascript, ccs3, html5, bootstrap, Foundation, or gumby websites with dreamweaver?!

Sublime text is the new industry standard. Serious and pro have never and will never stick with dreamweaver.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 2:42pm On May 20, 2015
JohnnySarz:
Only computer operators use dreamweaver and drag and drop GUI softwares.. Real programmers use any txt editor like notepad or notepad ++ or bluefish or sublime etc

so if you are working on a big project you use Notepad as your editor ?
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 20, 2015
resultcase:

You're wrong sir, DW is more than just front end. I built my first news website (both front nd back end, create database tables and other mysql queries), 100% with DW before I even learnt about WordPress. You can build server side applications and websites with it along. The problem we have here is that we don't utilize this things to their full potentials. DW remains the best web designing software out there. I prefer Sublime text nd Notepad++ not because they're better, but for personal reasons nd that is lightness.
onyengbu:

Your logic does not really stand. How can you say it was not built for webdesign yet it does all the webdesign stuffs and even more. You cited notepad++ yet I can name things DW can do that notepad++ cant and yet I cant see those that notepad++ can do that DW cant.
Again, saying that web design community rejected DW is an assertion you cant prove.
If it was built for graphic designers, how come many newbies that use DW cant even open all the graphic design tools you mentioned. Its easier to say that it was built for newbies than saying its for graphic designers.
All in all, one of the things that matter most to me in my line of work is speed of coding and DW help to achieve that better than notepad++. No need to come here and claim I dont use DW because it might make me look like a newbie.

Keep booming in your ignorance, that's why we keep having ugly, static websites. I can't point to one single unique, dynamic Nigerian website. Few are built with ordinary bootstrap.

Even the best e-commerce websites we have here, jumia and konga, are hardly responsive on capable mobile Web browsers.

We build websites in this country like we are building it for 2008 opera mini mobile browser. Smh

@onyengbu

You are newbie.

I am very sure you know nothing about css frameworks, or how to build dynamic, responsive websites

Dreamweaver is not built for serious Web designers, it is only in Nigeria that this is still a debate.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by GBAGAAUN(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2015
hmm
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by GoodMuyis(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2015
CreativeWeb:
Trust me sir, dw was built purely to serve as 'a web design graphic tool'. The major focus was actually the design view. Adobe added the code view because it wil be wierd to have it without a code view. Adobe specializes in graphics software. Raster graphics (photoshop), vector graphics (illustrator), magazine graphics (indesign), web graphics (dream weaver), video graphics (premiere), etc.

Dw is good, but web design community world wide rejected it because it was not built for them. Adobe built it for 'designers.'

Am sorry Macromedia had added Code view before selling to Adobe, I start using MX version
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Z8(m): 2:49pm On May 20, 2015
piicity:
I am always wondering why people like using dreamweaver for webdesign. Pls is it the only webdesigner
Dreamweaver keh, when we have the likes of Notepad++, Aptana Studio even eclipse is fine. But my personal fav is Komodo Edit (for PHP, HTML, J.script and CSS).
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by GoodMuyis(m): 3:00pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

Keep booming in your ignorance, that's why we keep having ugly, static websites. I can't point to one single unique, dynamic Nigerian website. Few are built with ordinary bootstrap.

Even the best e-commerce websites we have here, jumia and konga, are hardly[b] responsive on capable mobile Web browsers[/b].
We build websites in this country like we are building it for 2008 opera mini mobile browser. Smh
@onyengbu
You are newbie.
I am very sure you know nothing about css frameworks, or how to build dynamic, responsive websites

Well done Sir, its a bad practice Mobile responsive without considering that mobile phone are small device, why on earth would you want to load a web page with size about 1.3Mb on both PC and Mobile, especcailly in Nigeria where internet is slow and expensive. Solution is you should rather have different site for most of the device, PC, Smartphone, Small device as well..(example facebook).

Ok Stop Boasting CSS is not a hard thing to do, constant practice will make you better designer. till today i still use DW for sit management where I can easily open any file i want.

FYI
http://www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver/features.html

DM is a tool in the

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2015
back in the days , nah frontpage express we dey use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

Even the best e-commerce websites we have here, jumia and konga, are hardly responsive on capable mobile Web browsers.

@onyengbu

You are newbie.

Dreamweaver is not built for serious Web designers, it is only in Nigeria that this is still a debate.

You make me laugh , how does an editor relate with crappy websites

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Yinksey(m): 3:19pm On May 20, 2015
phpstorm is the best!!!
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 20, 2015
josieboy55:

You make me laugh , how does an editor relate with crappy websites

Dw isn't the best editor and isn't close, if you think it's the best, then it's because you use the drag and drop feature (WYSWYG)
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by OsoDupe(f): 3:43pm On May 20, 2015
I think Dreamweaver is user friendly compare to notepad.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by onyengbu: 3:52pm On May 20, 2015
teeowl:
The code view has been with dreamweaver before adobe bought the company...

Good point you raised there. Dreamweaver have always had code view. Its just that some people refused or do not know how to use it.
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

Dw isn't the best editor and isn't close, if you think it's the best, then it's because you use the drag and drop feature (WYSWYG)

so every one using DW uses the design view how do u even think ?

check the image below and see the different option for workspace selection DW has .

I use DW when i code and it saves me tons of headache and gets the job done . i cn also use Notepad ++ and sublime .

pls note it is WYSIWYG and not (WYSWYG) ..

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by onyengbu: 3:58pm On May 20, 2015
Promhize:

@onyengbu

You are newbie.

I am sure you are desperately trying to get into a fight with me but unfortunately for you, I wont indulge you.

This is an argument that requires people to put across reasons why they think DW is good or bad. You are not doing any of that instead you are massaging your inconsequential ego.

If you have your reasons why Dreamweaver is so bad, let us hear, thats all I can tell you.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by mikkyphp(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2015
i write PHP on DW.

Always a great companion

1 Like

Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by josieboy55(m): 4:20pm On May 20, 2015
mikkyphp:
i write PHP on DW.

Always a great companion

true talk bro
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by designexploit(m): 4:31pm On May 20, 2015
With my little experience about web design, DW is too stiff for my liking although it has the resources and plugins that one can use but the program is not just straight forward.

Check out my previous post about a software I discovered sometime ago... https://www.nairaland.com/1974622/guys-
check-out-best-fastest

See what I have done with this application:
www.smatgtech.com.ng

Try this programme now
Re: Is Dreamweaver The Only Website Creating Protocol? by Ch1z0(m): 4:36pm On May 20, 2015
I'm pretty sure that all these dudes criticising dreamwaver probably used below version cs3. You should try the new dreamweaver cc. Its awesome. It has a list of all php functions and their description and can be accessed in real time while coding. It's predictive features also includes a huge library of jquery functions and also css functions.

And for all those shouting bootstrap. Dreamweaver shows predictive list of all css styles in any css file linked to a html document and even JavaScript functions. What more could a good web developer ask for.

I haven't even talked about the fact that dreamweaver lets you build responsive sites by switching between different resolutions.

It's only in naija that people criticize something just because they don't like it. Most of those criticizing dreamweaver are bringing up baseless arguments.

As long as I find myself developing websites, I don't see myself leaving dreamweaver.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor of Poker 3 unlimited chips hack cheat tool download Android iOS / Whogohost Or Qservers: Which Host Should I Use? (poll) / On Airtel: Get 4gb + N1000 Free Airtime, All For Just N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.