Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints (65605 Views)

16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier) / How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? / The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by dominique(f): 5:17am On May 20, 2015
We really need to review our labour laws and enforce it on these evil employers.

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by nerodenero: 5:18am On May 20, 2015
Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop. Pathetic!
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by hardbody: 5:18am On May 20, 2015
patakioye:
Guys let not just talk let us do something, i would suggest we drag their name on Twitter with an hash tag like #no2FCMBnUBAslavery their brand name means alot to them and we can use it to draw attention to this wickedness. If we don't fight for ourselves no one will. Who's with me

Time wasting venture of the century. Mobility of labour allows uou to move if unhappy. No one forces employer/employee relationship.

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by hayoakins(m): 5:21am On May 20, 2015
It is a tactical way of widening the income gap by continuously making some people better off and some worse off.

Behind every GLORY is a Story but I oppose the story of modern slavery and exploitation of the populace in a bid to reduce the financial risk of the stakeholders.

There comes a time when the hunter will become the hunted, Nigeria is almost there, ask PDP.

#WalksOFF

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:22am On May 20, 2015
zenith4biz:

Aye ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

...that means some of us teaching in good private schools are better off.
Wait!
Ask them if its only their basic salary or the whole package!
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Akamaka: 5:26am On May 20, 2015
I tink it is for DSAs. I did this work 8 yrs ago with 25k monthly salary. however I did the work for 3 months only and left because I knew I did not belong to that class of job.
3 months down the line in 2008 I got another job that paid me x10.
So believe in urself and do not do such jobs for too long. it is a waste of time even for ond talkless of bsc.
Don't complain. update urself academically and professionally. I will land a good job.

12 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by STEVENcrack(m): 5:38am On May 20, 2015
Those pays are for marketers in thE afore mentioned banks and also diamond bank. GT bank pays there marketers from 65k upward..if u want to ever work in a bank as contract staff for any reason DON'T go for markEting instead go for Operations.the least u get from operations is 60k.

BANKING is not modern day slavery but contract banking is..a direct full staffed banker collects nothing less than 200K in entry level.

6 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by 9jatatafo(m): 5:40am On May 20, 2015
Very sad indeed. A bank can pay 24k or 30k to a graduate a month? Slavery in modern times in your own country. May God help our hustle. This is one of the reason I refused to work for anyone as a graduate, being my own boss is the best.

3 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by hopeforcharles(m): 5:41am On May 20, 2015
patakioye:
Guys let not just talk let us do something, i would suggest we drag their name on Twitter with an hash tag like #no2FCMBnUBAslavery their brand name means alot to them and we can use it to draw attention to this wickedness. If we don't fight for ourselves no one will. Who's with me
Now here is one Nigerian I like his initiative, let's do it or they will continue, every year they post Mega gains while the main worker who made the money are working like elephants and eating like ants. #no2FCMBnUBAslavery

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 5:42am On May 20, 2015
abdulizom:
"Can you imagine a earner of 64 or 74k complaining, let him come to FCMB where we earn 24k with a target of 25 million in three (3) months or risk be sacked"
If you lament one leg trouble, what should a man without leg do! This is seriously...............

That bus very true, between 2009 and 2010, W friend of mine was a contract staff @ FCMB. He earned 15k per month.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by AmenJoan(f): 5:42am On May 20, 2015
This is terrible sha. But I blame graduates who have decided it's either a white collar job or nothing.
My younger sister is in the fashion business, she is constantly on the lookout for good tailors but has to go as far as togo or cotonou to get some. And those guys dictate their pay, she pays nothing less thank 60k a month, not including the compulsory accommodation you give them. She has a friend that pays hers 100k a month sef, so she's even lucky. This is in Benin o where things are relatively cheap, I don't want to imagine what these guys earn in Lagos and Abuja.
We're currently building and in the plastering stage and again all fingers pointed to the togolese/ Benin Republic guys as the best people for the job. These guys are in the range of 15 to 22 years and they take nothing less than 600k-1mn for a standard sized duplex. A job they complete in 2 weeks.
These are people who aren't even licensed to work in this country, getting more jobs and earning more than most Nigerian youths.
So until Nigerian graduates learn to think outside the box, this situation will sadly continue. Get a skill. Stop the craze for white collar jobs. As one of my lecturers used to say back then, "shit money does not smell"

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 5:46am On May 20, 2015
I just laugh when I see some bankers dress up especially those ones working with insurance companies.
Very fake life

Na so one manager place restrictions on my account cos he couldn't believe my job could pay that much.
Imagine asking me who is funding my account as if im no see my employer name for there.

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 5:46am On May 20, 2015
Grandmaster, pls sell all your Rolceroyce your staffs are complaining u gerit? undecided
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 5:54am On May 20, 2015
patakioye:
Am with you on this how do we start

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by gabriel212: 5:54am On May 20, 2015
Nigerians employers r just exploiting the country condition imagine being paid a token 24,000 what will u do with that in ds present economic realities?
also CHI Limited pay it Graduate 45,000(wt 39,000 take home) salary per month n they treat their Indian staff like god n many of ds Indians has no formal working permit n they go into hidden on citing the Immigration officers.
the bad part of it is that wen the NLC visit CHI its to collect cartons of chivita n money!
This country is a mess.

4 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by sylviaeo(f): 5:57am On May 20, 2015
being a banker is the most useless job one cn ever have. little pay, high target, wen d machine is not working properly and u overpay a customer and d most annoying part is not having time for yaself n family. government should look into dis. they r milking our human n natural resources dry without giving back to d society
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Atk1nson(m): 6:00am On May 20, 2015
patakioye:
about all nigerian banks operate dis way. it will be vindictive for u to single out 2

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:03am On May 20, 2015
let me ask cheta

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 6:03am On May 20, 2015
osifred:
I have no word for a graduate who knows how to raise 5 million as a target given by his employer who therein will pay him 25k and don't know how to raise 200k to start up his own business.

Wait

I think I have got the word now such a person excuse me to say is a slowpoke

You are the slowpoke here, do you think everyone is privileged?. People like you end up becoming nothing in life. If you are too immature to understand the streets and know all fingers aint equal...then shut your jew mouth up. Nobody cares what you think.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by paparazzi1987(m): 6:03am On May 20, 2015
patakioye:

It is not a must to accept there Offer of employment!
If you are not pleased then resign!
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by erasokafor(m): 6:09am On May 20, 2015
Now I understnd why this girl is always in my office for me to get either loan or visa credit card as I'm already their customer.eya I never knew it is like this.but she drives and single too.or could it be that their full staff get more pay raise or she has a chairman.anyone,but it is pitiable.now I knw that we d paramilitary under federal are in heaven.God I thank u oo

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 6:10am On May 20, 2015
paparazzi1987:

It is not a must to accept there Offer of employment!
If you are not pleased then resign!
That were we make the mistake, having alternative doesn't stop u from fighting such wickedness. Evil prevails wen gd pple do nothing. Pls consider this

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 6:13am On May 20, 2015
Atk1nson:
about all nigerian banks operate dis way. it will be vindictive for u to single out 2
Let start somewhere, every campaign start from a place, it will be less effective if we just generalize, at least we sure of this 2,

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by nastyesco(m): 6:13am On May 20, 2015
Let's be serious.... Nigeria can't progress right....NLC needs to know their duties goes well beyond fuel scarcity.
These Nigerian banks are animals., that's why I always wanna know how much a bank pays before I deposit money....banks like FCMB ought to fold up...#SaynotoFCMBslavery

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by laykhorn(m): 6:14am On May 20, 2015
osifred:
I have no word for a graduate who knows how to raise 5 million as a target given by his employer who therein will pay him 25k and don't know how to raise 200k to start up his own business.

Wait

I think I have got the word now such a person excuse me to say is a slowpoke
what business would you do with 200K without serious supervision

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 6:14am On May 20, 2015
God forbid bad thing, even me that's still a student earns much much more than this because I was brave enough to invest and start my own business part-time. But lazy people won't do it, see what someone is earning? Jesus!!! cry
Anyway, for those who want to invest and start up a part-time business I can assist you. Just message me.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Burger01(m): 6:15am On May 20, 2015
Madness and slavery in banking institutions. How sadsad

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Caseless: 6:16am On May 20, 2015
patakioye:
i'm with you. When the hashtag is created, do let us know.

3 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 6:16am On May 20, 2015
ejibaba:
Am with you on this how do we start
We can do it in mass today by 4 pm , so as to have maximum effect.

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 6:18am On May 20, 2015
mordtonia:
God forbid bad thing, even me that's still a student earns much much more than this because I was brave enough to invest and start my own business part-time. But lazy people won't do it, see what someone is earning? Jesus!!! cry
Anyway, for those who want to invest and start up a part-time business I can assist you. Just message me.

Pls join in the hashtag today, i pray u don't meet such slavery wen u graduate.

3 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by ozo13(m): 6:20am On May 20, 2015
cry no wonder most of all ds banks post/qoute bogus gain on newspapers.scammers
Gydion:
I've worked with fcmb before and I was under Risk asset(loan). I know for ond is 24k but bsc and hnd is 30k. I am talking abt the DSA and I am aware that target for loan in a month is #5m and #3.5m for deposit.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Deehvahrzz(f): 6:20am On May 20, 2015
The truth is almost every one has decided at some point to work for their selves but there are lots of limiting factors. Everybody that have asked me about my next step after Nysc has condemned my desicion to branch into beauty instead of pursuing my Masters. My boss at work asked if I was completely complete for thinking of such nonsense.
Also all these working for self requires a whole lot. Capital that most don't have. Maybe three or four like minds can come together talk about a business they all like ND give it a shot. We don't all have to be individual business starters.
And let us all remember today when we r set. Not to treat our workers in such terrible state.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Is Why You Should Never Close Late From Work! / Pls How Much Are Graduates Paid At NSCDC ( Civil Defense) / Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.