Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints (65582 Views)

16 Years Banking Experience As A Contract Staff (Age Barrier) / How Much Does First Bank Pay Her Contract Staff? / The Crazy Experience Of A Bank Contract Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by freshkik(m): 8:39am On May 20, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
Do you reside in Warri?
in ph now, but yes, i dey stay for ekpan
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 8:40am On May 20, 2015
alotofgrace:
25k per month ?

I'll rada remain a corper angry
hahaha!! That one na stagnancy nau!!! No wish for bad thing ooo
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by ewizard1: 8:41am On May 20, 2015
Lmao...
And i read one person say "Not everyone is Business Oriented..."
Dont worry, when e hammer you wella... you go find squar root.

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Reference(m): 8:42am On May 20, 2015
Tessyo30:
I tow ur line... except 4 d name calling sha ooo...

You are in luck for I was going to use more colourful language to describe such a person. But it all boils down to what we say about Nigerians....lazy, irresponsible, apt to handover their destinies to government/politicians, pastors/churches, and in this case employers...then turn round to blame those people, those institutions that slave drive them.

When they look at developed countries with envy, little do they realise that the drivers of prosperity are the people who take on enterprise, bear the hardship, scorn the shame, weigh the risks and drive for success. What do they think the typical proverbial 'American Dream' is all about....working for MacDonalds or for the Pentagon.

America has more natural resources, more oil and gas than most OPEC countries, only second to Russia in coal reserves, same from almost all metals and minerals yet you will never know because their resources underground is not a major yardstick by which they measure their wealth or productivity. They don't have the sense of entitlement that the average Nigerian has who consciously or sub-consciously thinks that because this country pumps out 2 million barrels of oil a day they are entitled to good roads, 24 hrs electricity, cheap fuel, free education, free meals in school, unemployment benefits and million naira jobs in banks so that they may get married, reproduce like rabbits and live happily ever after. Life is not like that.

The truth is that Nigeria is a poor country on account of low productvity, on account of the 'entitlement mentality'. Nigerians are waiting for someone else to prosper them. It won't happen. Go out and create your wealth and lifestyle of you taste. Leave the banks alone. They pay what they can afford.

3 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by blym4real: 8:42am On May 20, 2015
delors:

Hey dude, did even read my comment or are u just armed to start a fight got no apparent reason? I said I wasn't referring to you as a weak-minded one, why the heck did u label me ignorant? Makes it hard to have a sound convo with ya. Or maybe you are actually weak-minded. Just bone my line and man your station unless you av something tangible to say without going personal.

#LetSleepingAlsatianLie o...
Hey man, ain't fighting just got carried away, I render my apology.

3 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Xslaze3xd(m): 8:45am On May 20, 2015
freshkik:
in ph now, but yes, i dey stay for ekpan
add me on WhatsApp.... I live in Igbudu but my work location is UDU.... 08145451108
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by baybeeboi: 8:47am On May 20, 2015
toideve:

That must be daily take home
am talking contract staff here, infact i already passed interview until i learnt of the pay I had to back out.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by babymi2(f): 8:47am On May 20, 2015
you guys shouldn't get it twisted contract staffs in FCMB is 2 different types. there's DSA Consumer and DSA BBG. DSA consumer earned minimum of 30k and maximum of 60k that's basic most of them earned commission as high as 200k and above on monthly basis

while BBG DSA earned 35k minimum and 65k maximum basic and some of them earned as high as 200k and above as commission on monthly basis too.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Yinkagbo(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2015
baybeeboi:
contract staff with FCMB is 18k, i know alot of them.

Na wa ooooo.......yesterday markd the first month I started beer parlour business and I realised 20k as profit.......and some one dey work for 18k salary real na waooo...
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by mikolo80: 8:52am On May 20, 2015
Tessyo30:

its called tough love . they will not wake up if you don't use shock and awe treatment
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by kcsteve83(m): 8:52am On May 20, 2015
Its high time pple learn how to be independent...I can't imagine 24k for a banking job, while I make minimum of 80k per month in my networking business aside incentives...i no go do yeye banking job o.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by freshkik(m): 8:53am On May 20, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
add me on WhatsApp.... I live in Igbudu but my work location is UDU.... 08145451108
ok, i go mssg u now
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by perryy(m): 8:56am On May 20, 2015
blym4real:

What is the minimum wage?

As a private establishment they have the right to dictate what to pay and you also have the right to accept or reject it.

You are evil for supporting evil. It is alright, arm robbers are being bred by these banks.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by onatisi(m): 8:57am On May 20, 2015
Nigerians are their own worst enemies ,they blame their failures on the system for everything but forgetting that in the world we live today you only have to blame urself for ur own failures .why would any sensible rational thinking human being take a bank job of 7am till 9pm and be collecting 30k? I have noticed that nigerian youths have a deep seated laid back attitude,they just want a job so that they won't be at risk of losing anything or going through stress and pain. Nigerian youths must realize that you are the product u are marketing ,improve ur skills and knowledge all the time and you will be hotcake anywhere u are worldwide ,it is knowledge and skills that propels . Ppl keep shouting I am looking for a job of any amount whereas they are the job they are looking for.

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by AGBb(m): 8:59am On May 20, 2015
rheether:
That explains it all.#BankersAreStingy
Lmao, e be like say u don experience am before. Sorry o
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by delors(m): 9:01am On May 20, 2015
blym4real:

Hey man, ain't fighting just got carried away, I render my apology.
smiley correct guy
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Slimmos(m): 9:01am On May 20, 2015
Xslaze3xd:
The Northern Part Practices Sharia Law which is strictly against gambling.... Thats why you rarely see betting shops in the North let alone Lotto
lolzzz..na dem do betting pass...heyyy gambling Na their trademark for dis place

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:02am On May 20, 2015
what abou lagos grin grin grin
Slimmos:
lolzzz..na dem do betting pass...heyyy gambling Na their trademark for dis place
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by lamrose: 9:02am On May 20, 2015
Banking system has nothing to offer but i think teaching job will make sense if not brain.
abdulizom:
"Can you imagine a earner of 64 or 74k complaining, let him come to FCMB where we earn 24k with a target of 25 million in three (3) months or risk be sacked"
If you lament one leg trouble, what should a man without leg do! This is seriously...............
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by OmerianConsult: 9:03am On May 20, 2015
osifred:
I have no word for a graduate who knows how to raise 5 million as a target given by his employer who therein will pay him 25k and don't know how to raise 200k to start up his own business.

Wait

I think I have got the word now such a person excuse me to say is a slowpoke
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by perryy(m): 9:04am On May 20, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Jaytea01 or warefa. Have u worked in a bank b4.if NO then delete that comment.

Why wud a contract staff be wailing that there full staff colleagues are collecting 4* there salary.
I once worked with gt and access and d former pays there entry level FS 208K and this 2 banks are not even the highest paid banks.

Are contract staff not human being? Most contract staff know the job more than the so called full staff. Some are even more intelligent, what they have less is connection. So shut up your mouth. That you are privileged doesn't mean everyone is privileged. In Enterprise Bank where I worked, I was given the same job functions as the so called core staff, yet at the end of the month, I would be paid #54k while the core staff, some of them who seek knowledge from me, would smile home with 170k.

That is good, in your own reckony. The fact is that these banks are breeding arm robbers, and those that support their actions and inaction now will surely become the victims tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Origin(f): 9:04am On May 20, 2015
Companies are determined to post unverifiable high profits at the expense of staff.
The CEO will be paid an amount that the company cannot afford but will want to save cost from your peanut salary. (CEO -N400m, all other staff-N350m)
Companies bring in expatriates and pay exorbitant salaries and yet are trying to save costs. (Imagine even recruiting expatriate school principal)

Till date the workforce still does not know the magnitude of its power.
We have immigration laws and quotas (no recruiting of expatriates for qualifications available in Nigeria), Labour laws etc yet no enforcement.

THE NIGERIAN WORKFORCE WILL ENVENTUALLY NEED TO COME TOGETHER AND FIGHT TO GAIN ITS RIGHTS.

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by GodMode: 9:07am On May 20, 2015
Reference:

You are in luck for I was going to use more colourful language to describe such a person. But it all boils down to what we say about Nigerians....lazy, irresponsible, apt to handover their destinies to government/politicians, pastors/churches, and in this case employers...then turn round to blame those people, those institutions that slave drive them.

When they look at developed countries with envy, little do they realise that the drivers of prosperity are the people who take on enterprise, bear the hardship, scorn the shame, weigh the risks and drive for success. What do they think the typical proverbial 'American Dream' is all about....working for MacDonalds or for the Pentagon.

America has more natural resources, more oil and gas than most OPEC countries, only second to Russia in coal reserves, same from almost all metals and minerals yet you will never know because their resources underground is not a major yardstick by which they measure their wealth or productivity. They don't have the sense of entitlement that the average Nigerian has who consciously or sub-consciously thinks that because this country pumps out 2 million barrels of oil a day they are entitled to good roads, 24 hrs electricity, cheap fuel, free education, free meals in school, unemployment benefits and million naira jobs in banks so that they may get married, reproduce like rabbits and live happily ever after. Life is not like that.

The truth is that Nigeria is a poor country on account of low productvity, on account of the 'entitlement mentality'. Nigerians are waiting for someone else to prosper them. It won't happen. Go out and create your wealth and lifestyle of you taste. Leave the banks alone. They pay what they can afford.

You're the lazy one..

2 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by blym4real: 9:09am On May 20, 2015
perryy:

You are evil for supporting evil. It is alright, arm robbers are being bred by these banks.

Hey dude, am not evil, you can't solve a deep rooted problem by just scratching the surface, you have to start from the foundation which is the government.

You are clamouring for increase in wages in private companies when the government pay even less.

The national minimum wage is 18k, you didn't see anything wrong in that even when you are paying tax to the government but you are clamouring against private companies.

A level 15 graduate worker(about 30 years in service) in kwara state civil service earn 110k-120k. Nobody is talking about that, the foundation of the problem is with the government.

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Amanwulu1(m): 9:10am On May 20, 2015
baybeeboi:

monthly pay be that, nothing like allowance.
What surprices me is that this ones am talking about are not even i rural areas, Imagine places like Wuse , Area 11 collecting 18k.i pity dem whenever i run into them when they do their marketing, they look more like people seeking jobs instead.
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by stephnie44(f): 9:12am On May 20, 2015
Tessyo30:

. It's not by wearing suit nd called a banker
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Progress2468(m): 9:12am On May 20, 2015
omokab:
Many will not say the truth.In the real sense there is no money in bank the way people think of it.I have worked with first bank before as a marketer. FCMB pay 45k to ond and 8ok to bsc and hnd but majority of staff at fcmb are through agent.The agent take half of the money whike the staff also take half.I will state my own condition which I know is the same condition with everyone of us employed through one coy at along onipanu in lagos.We are to pay 45k but agent was gicing us 22,600 I left there when I got job with federal govt agency.Infact it was a terrible experience.My point is that, not FCMB that pay them that amount but all this useless agent.

UBA is abt the only bank that do not use HR Agents to recruit. Meanwhile most of these HR companies are owned by CEOs and Top Management of these Banks
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Maximus85(m): 9:14am On May 20, 2015
abdulizom:
"Can you imagine a earner of 64 or 74k complaining, let him come to FCMB where we earn 24k with a target of 25 million in three (3) months or risk be sacked"
If you lament one leg trouble, what should a man without leg do! This is seriously...............

And a graduate wrote this. Why won't they use you? A earner, or risk be sacked, this is really seriously.

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Nobody: 9:21am On May 20, 2015
Maximus85:

And a graduate wrote this. Why won't they use you? A earner, or risk be sacked, this is really seriously.
and your point is?
Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by chrisviral(m): 9:22am On May 20, 2015
patakioye:
Guys let not just talk let us do something, i would suggest we drag their name on Twitter with an hash tag like #no2FCMBnUBAslavery their brand name means alot to them and we can use it to draw attention to this wickedness. If we don't fight for ourselves no one will. Who's with me

I just tweeted mine now!
E don start!

1 Like

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by harveyspec: 9:23am On May 20, 2015
osifred:
I have no word for a graduate who knows how to raise 5 million as a target given by his employer who therein will pay him 25k and don't know how to raise 200k to start up his own business.

Wait

I think I have got the word now such a person excuse me to say is a slowpoke

With all due respect!!! A marketer asking you to deposit your hard earned 1million in say first bank or to invest your 1million in osakpamwan group of companies, which are you going to choose

A marketer can meet such targets cos the banks are well known & NDIC is there for rescue

Raising funds for banks is entirely different from raising funds for personal bussiness

5 Likes

Re: What FCMB Contract Staff Said On Reading UBA Contract Staff Complaints by Miner13: 9:24am On May 20, 2015
laykhorn:

what business would you do with 200K without serious supervision

Why are most Nigerians not really thinking within and be self employed??

You are asking what 200k can do
You've being depending on parental support I guess all your life?.
200k will make you a distributor of phone airtime you called recharge card
Venture into agriculture either as producer of agricultural produce or distributor mainly by traveling to rural areas and take the produce to cities you will more than 100k monthly and you still have time for other things.
And once you are recognized . at your leisure or after any work you are doing you make your bulk production.

Take a risk and be a great man
No rich men in the world is without a risk history.
Ask dangote ,otedola, adenuga Mr globacom they are all a risk taker. ASKED THEM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Is Why You Should Never Close Late From Work! / Pls How Much Are Graduates Paid At NSCDC ( Civil Defense) / Do Not Accept A Banking Job - I Refused To Listen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.