Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,485 members, 7,801,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name (79039 Views)

Plane That Crashed On A Busy Street In Washington (Photos) / The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / How To Open A Bank Account In America With A Visiting Visa B1/b2 (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by callmeSwit(m): 1:10am On May 20, 2015
na so!! angry
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by tuk2ato(m): 1:13am On May 20, 2015
You mean there?
budapestliz:

no.. am a nigerian living and studying here
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:14am On May 20, 2015
ginawest:
well,its gud sha..

Because it's America?
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by DjAndroid: 1:15am On May 20, 2015
oluks05:

Is river thames in america?

No mind am, if na mama PEJ talk am now we no go hear word.
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by budapestliz(f): 1:15am On May 20, 2015
tuk2ato:
You mean there?
yes,, keyboard essing up
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by tuk2ato(m): 1:15am On May 20, 2015
So many eyeballs viewing this topic.

2 Likes

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:15am On May 20, 2015
adeekiti:
Nigerians are always great everywhere we go, we dey dominate everywhere we land

Pulease
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:16am On May 20, 2015
Freemanan:

Pulease
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by tuk2ato(m): 1:16am On May 20, 2015
Seems it deliberately omit the first alphabet grin
budapestliz:
yes,, keyboard essing up
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:17am On May 20, 2015
DjAndroid:

Enlighten him

1 Like

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by oluks05: 1:19am On May 20, 2015
shizzleStar:
I am a doofus.

I wil go exhibit my idiocy elsewhere, I barely have the time for idiots like myself

4 Likes

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Brugo(m): 1:21am On May 20, 2015
Hehehe. I remember "no man's land."

What a joke.
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by discusant: 1:21am On May 20, 2015
Awwww, why bring this Kudi matter na?
na brother against brother struggle for who must lead Nigeria. I mean - the slaughter of Kudirat , the ordeal against MKO her husband - all be parapo fight na - brother VS brother. Oyibo people sef we de put street name, wetin dem sabi about Nigeria? Omodua and Fulani don settle since ....
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by oluks05: 1:22am On May 20, 2015
DjAndroid:

Hahahahah........true talk

1 Like

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by discusant: 1:28am On May 20, 2015
shizzleStar:
An american street with a Nigerian name, yet nobody was threatened to be thrown into river thames
Learn Geography for school, you no gree.
River Thames no de for America. E day for Queen Eliza country. Yes that country we join incompatible groups to form one country.

5 Likes

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by zomoears(m): 1:31am On May 20, 2015
budapestliz:
With background sounds of heavy traffic, You're hearing the intersection of 44th Street and 2nd Avenue in New York City.
The northeast corner of this intersection is significant to the Nigeria story for two reasons. First, it is the site of Nigeria's mission to the United Nations and their New York consulate. Second, the New York City Council has renamed this corner Kudirat Abiola Corner.

To understand the significance of Kudirat Abiola we have to go back to 1993, the last time Nigeria experimented with democracy. Kudirat's husband, Moshood Abioloa, ran for President and he won but the election was annuled by the then head of state Ibrahim Babangida

That street was named in the hey days of Abacha govt, to spite Abacha. They proposed to name another for ken saro Wiwa, I can't remember. Abacha retaliated, I think, by renaming d street where American embassy was located in Lagos Louis farrakhan.Jerry Gana,Abacha's minister of information, make mouth die....how time flies, 17 years ago!

9 Likes

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by nam40: 1:31am On May 20, 2015
good
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by discusant: 1:33am On May 20, 2015
shizzleStar:
It doesn't have to be. I made a relative comparison, keep your stewpid question to yourself

Best when you make a mistake, you accept your mistakes. No body is a know it all.
Worse when you make a mistake but try to cover it up with a lie.

4 Likes

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:44am On May 20, 2015
Can americans pronounce the name properly...
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by yomzzy(m): 1:44am On May 20, 2015
Nice
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by pinkycute(f): 1:47am On May 20, 2015
I was 6years old then grin grin grin

zomoears:

That street was named in the hey days of Abacha govt, to spite Abacha. They proposed to name another for ken saro Wiwa, I can't remember. Abacha retaliated, I think, by renaming d street where American embassy was located in Lagos Louis farrakhan.Jerry Gana,Abacha's minister of information, make mouth die....how time flies, 17 years ago!
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:50am On May 20, 2015
HungerBAD:
No difference between New York and Isale Eko anyway,so its proper a Yoruba street is there to complete it.
which parte of newyork is same as isale eko
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:51am On May 20, 2015
pinkycute:
I was 6years old then grin grin grin

Sweet pinky
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:52am On May 20, 2015
kestolove95:
I know it can never be igbo name
Whats the problem with you Guys?.cant u just shun tribalism

4 Likes

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Nobody: 1:55am On May 20, 2015
discusant:

Learn Geography for school, you no gree.
River Thames no de for America. E day for Queen Eliza country. Yes that country we join incompatible groups to form one country.
boya Na genesee river he won talk
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by babasade(m): 2:01am On May 20, 2015
budapestliz:
With background sounds of heavy traffic, You're hearing the intersection of 44th Street and 2nd Avenue in New York City.
The northeast corner of this intersection is significant to the Nigeria story for two reasons. First, it is the site of Nigeria's mission to the United Nations and their New York consulate. Second, the New York City Council has renamed this corner Kudirat Abiola Corner.

To understand the significance of Kudirat Abiola we have to go back to 1993, the last time Nigeria experimented with democracy. Kudirat's husband, Moshood Abioloa, ran for President and he won but the election was annuled by the then head of state Ibrahim Babangida
Abiola didn't Win the election, some states result were not release though he was leading and the election was annulled. While the 2015 election when some result were still coming yes buhari was leading but wasn't declared winner.THAT was why abiola was charged for Felony,so abiola didn't win the election please he was leading
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by dapsonlou(m): 2:30am On May 20, 2015
HungerBAD:
No difference between New York and Isale Eko anyway,so its proper a Yoruba street is there to complete it.

That is Manhattan ode. The most expensive City the the world.

1 Like

Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by selena(f): 2:33am On May 20, 2015
HungerBAD:

This statement just made me LOL
Re: The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name by Motolank: 2:35am On May 20, 2015
Tell me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Japa: I Am Confused, Please Advise. / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Lockdown: Onitsha Inner Neighbourhoods (Aerial Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.