Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nursing Mothers And Intercourse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nursing Mothers And Intercourse (159943 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 11:04pm On May 19, 2015
A friend of mine just put to bed a bouncing baby boy. I went visiting and we got to discuss a lot of things. She told me a lot of things...(I'm keeping ma mouth shut)....what got me concerned was that she said she had intercourse with the husband cos he insisted. At first I was shock but I feigned ignorant of that...when I left her I got to do a lot of research and decided to share it here cos I think der might be people in similar situation.
Here are some questions I considered:
Is a mother able to have intercourse with her husband while she is still nursing her baby?
What effect does the mother's milk have on the child if she has intercourse while she is breast feeding?
How long should she wait after birth before she can have relations with her husband?
***i also heard somewhere that a woman doesn't dare give milk to her child once she has begun to have sexual relations. If she does it, the child will become sick and even die***
The answer I was able to deduct from my research was : "Yes, a mother is able to have intercourse with her husband while she still nurses her baby, providing they wait for a few weeks after birth until her organs are back to normal."
REASONS:
1. It takes from 4 to 6 weeks after birth for a woman's uterus to return to its normal state. There is a red discharge from the uterus after the baby is born which is called the lochia. It lasts about two weeks and tends to flow most when the mother is nursing her baby. Later the lochia becomes a lighter colour and then it finally stops.
2. The father's sperm cannot enter into the milk and cause the baby to get sick.
MY ADVICE:
The best way a father should show his love to his child is to love the baby's mother. Mothers Please don't abstain from sex totally during breast feeding because it pushes the impatient husbands to infidelity and fathers do not rush your wives, give them time to heal.
CLOSING REMARK:
It is even true that mothers who breast-feed their babies are more interested in returning to active intercourse with their husbands as soon as possible after birth. They want to express the love and gratitude which they have in their hearts for the father of their child.
Cheers!!!
I rest my case
But what do you think

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Edwardhead(m): 11:07pm On May 19, 2015
How many of these questions should I answer?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 19, 2015
Nelly what's up, Oya make I give u belle make test am grin

5 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 11:22pm On May 19, 2015
Edwardhead:
How many of these questions should I answer?

Anyone you can or better still, all of the above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 11:23pm On May 19, 2015
adeekiti:
Nelly what's up, Oya make I give u belle make test am grin

In ur dreams....start nah
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 19, 2015
nellyme:

In ur dreams....start nah
dreams ke, if u see me , babe u won't hesitate to say yes I do

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 11:30pm On May 19, 2015
adeekiti:
dreams ke, if u see me , babe u won't hesitate to say yes I do

Just be serious and discuss the topic on board. Make ur input and stop chit chats

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 19, 2015
nellyme:

Just be serious and discuss the topic on board. Make ur input and stop chit chats
go sit down jare

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by coogaluta(f): 11:35pm On May 19, 2015
nellyme:

***i also heard somewhere that a woman doesn't dare give milk to her child once she has begun to have sexual relations. If she does it, the child will become sick and even die***

you heard this?
or you made it up to lengthen your opening post?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 11:42pm On May 19, 2015
coogaluta:

you heard this? or you made it up to lengthen your opening post?
I heard and also read that some culture actually believes that

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 4:38am On May 20, 2015
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Iolite(f): 6:41am On May 20, 2015
coogaluta:

you heard this?
or you made it up to lengthen your opening post?

She heard it. I was told same, by one stupid chemist in my area, cos I went to buy aspirin for my acne then. I laughed and told him that " him go sick tire be that o".

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by SAMBARRY: 6:51am On May 20, 2015
Too many kids and stoopeed teenagers on this thread when mature and reasonable minds come, I'll be back to drop my post on the matter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 9:11am On May 20, 2015
Still waiting for mature inputs...

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 20, 2015
in my own case, i'm 100% ready to get back into full sex mode with the bae, but for some reason, it seems like his libido has dropped drastically since i dropped baby number 2. i know its not my appearance cos i look great, heard it from women and men. even my husband's friends have said how shocked they are that i've had 2 kids, and i've seen my husband secretly enjoying the compliment. flat tummy, back to size 2. so what could be the problem? there's no fear of pregnancy cos i'm on a longterm contraceptive. has anyone else experienced this? new baby is 4 months old, we've had sex 4 times since baby was born. two of these 4 times was initiated by me. prior to the 1st baby, boo was ready to have sex twice a day, and i was ready for him each time. after the 1st baby, it reduced to like 4x a week and i figured we can blame it on the presence of the new baby. after this 2nd baby, its seems like he's just not Hot anymore. i know he's not cheating and my vajayjay is pretty much the same. 2 c/sections

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 10:35pm On May 20, 2015
nickibarb. I think u need to discuss with him at length. Try to initiate ideas he lyk and things that turns him on. Check ur mode of dressing if it changed and also his work schedule. If he is a lot busy lately then maybe that's the problem. That's all I can come up with.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Chiefpriest1(m): 4:11am On May 21, 2015
The answer I was able to deduce from my research was : "Yes, a mother is able to have intercourse with her husband while she still nurses her baby, provided they wait for a few weeks after birth until her organs are back to normal'

This part of your treatise actually answers your questions..

5 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Chiefpriest1(m): 4:27am On May 21, 2015
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Chiefpriest1(m): 4:33am On May 21, 2015
nickibarb:
in my own case, i'm 100% ready to get back into full sex mode with the bae, but for some reason, it seems like his libido has dropped drastically since i dropped baby number 2. i know its not my appearance cos i look great, heard it from women and men. even my husband's friends have said how shocked they are that i've had 2 kids, and i've seen my husband secretly enjoying the compliment. flat tummy, back to size 2. so what could be the problem? there's no fear of pregnancy cos i'm on a longterm contraceptive. has anyone else experienced this? new baby is 4 months old, we've had sex 4 times since baby was born. two of these 4 times was initiated by me. prior to the 1st baby, boo was ready to have sex twice a day, and i was ready for him each time. after the 1st baby, it reduced to like 4x a week and i figured we can blame it on the presence of the new baby. after this 2nd baby, its seems like he's just not Hot anymore. i know he's not cheating and my vajayjay is pretty much the same. 2 c/sections

Four times in four months is quite low. I figure he's giving you time to face the kids.

Glad you trust him enough to know he's not cheating on you.

We might deceive ourselves to sound very loving sometimes,but fact is that once the babies start coming, there's always a lull in sexual activities between couples.

If you drive, have you noticed that the excitement you had when you just bought the car has waned over the years? It's the nature of man.

Dont sweat it as far as its not a big problem. You can jokingly tell him,but dont bug him to the extent of making him feel less of a man.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 6:15am On May 21, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
The answer I was able to deduce from my research was : "Yes, a mother is able to have intercourse with her husband while she still nurses her baby, provided they wait for a few weeks after birth until her organs are back to normal'

This part of your treatise actually answers your questions..

Ok thanks
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 6:23am On May 21, 2015
Cc. RoyalRoy
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by heykims(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2015
Intercourse is allowed for nursing mothers.
Breastfeeding is a form of natural contraception itself called lactational amenorrhoea which lasts for as long as 6 months after delivery though duration is variable. It is however not 100% reliable and other forms of contraception like mini pill that won't interfere with breastfeeding could be considered.
Intercourse is best advised to begin 12 weeks after delivery or at least after puerperium which is 6 weeks.

5 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by k4kenny(f): 12:51pm On May 21, 2015
Believe it or not, some people actually believe this crazy superstition. Someone once told me of how her hubby forced her to stop breastfeeding their first son after 40days so they can be intimate, she had no choice but to comply sad angry . I tried to explain to her that intercourse does no harm to a suckling baby but she was like ha! the baby will turn white and eventually die shocked I just had to leave the matter, the said son was already grown but it baffles me the kind of doctrines some people live by.

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 1:20pm On May 21, 2015
k4kenny heykims Tnx for the contribution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by nellyme(f): 2:00pm On May 21, 2015
k4kenny:
Believe it or not, some people actually believe this crazy superstition. Someone once told me of how her hubby forced her to stop breastfeeding their first son after 40days so they can be intimate, she had no choice but to comply sad angry . I tried to explain to her that intercourse does no harm to a suckling baby but she was like ha! the baby will turn white and eventually die shocked I just had to leave the matter, the said son was already grown but it baffles me the kind of doctrines some people live by.

Funny indeed...some believes eee

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by heykims(m): 4:01pm On May 21, 2015
Africans and funny doctrines

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by raumdeuter: 5:17pm On May 21, 2015
2 months after childbirth you are ready to go

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by hamaworld(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2015
FTC sweet die...

But for this one.
Let me go and do some consultation.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Fatdon(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2015
Wait let me ask my best friend's wife.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by superior1: 7:24pm On May 23, 2015
Whenever it is comfortable for the couples, make dem dey do am
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by ultrazone(m): 7:25pm On May 23, 2015
qqws

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / House Maid Beat Young Child To Near Death In Uganda (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.