Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,117 members, 7,807,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nursing Mothers And Intercourse - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nursing Mothers And Intercourse (159928 Views)

Nigerian Mothers....Always Over Protective! / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by LastProphet: 10:10pm On May 23, 2015
nickibarb:
in my own case, i'm 100% ready to get back into full sex mode with the bae, but for some reason, it seems like his libido has dropped drastically since i dropped baby number 2. i know its not my appearance cos i look great, heard it from women and men. even my husband's friends have said how shocked they are that i've had 2 kids, and i've seen my husband secretly enjoying the compliment. flat tummy, back to size 2. so what could be the problem? there's no fear of pregnancy cos i'm on a longterm contraceptive. has anyone else experienced this? new baby is 4 months old, we've had sex 4 times since baby was born. two of these 4 times was initiated by me. prior to the 1st baby, boo was ready to have sex twice a day, and i was ready for him each time. after the 1st baby, it reduced to like 4x a week and i figured we can blame it on the presence of the new baby. after this 2nd baby, its seems like he's just not Hot anymore. i know he's not cheating and my vajayjay is pretty much the same. 2 c/sections

u may still have a great shape but definitely not wout stretch marks on ur butt and tummy. its a big turn off for many men and ur hussy might just be silent abt it. also u are getting used to each other and d attraction is bound to naturally decline. the more u will try to get him back, the more he will be secretly disgusted. take ur mind too off the thing and see what happens. if u opt for separate room using the baby nursing as excuse u might just be doing urself some gud. couples sleeping in the same bed all thru marriage is the dumbest idea there ever was
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Tee2902(m): 11:40pm On May 23, 2015
nellyme:

I heard and also read that some culture actually believes that

The bad part is about a nursing mother taking in while still breastfeeding the baby. that leads to ill-health because the quality of the breastmilk would have been compromised.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 23, 2015
nickibarb:
in my own case, i'm 100% ready to get back into full sex mode with the bae, but for some reason, it seems like his libido has dropped drastically since i dropped baby number 2. i know its not my appearance cos i look great, heard it from women and men. even my husband's friends have said how shocked they are that i've had 2 kids, and i've seen my husband secretly enjoying the compliment. flat tummy, back to size 2. so what could be the problem? there's no fear of pregnancy cos i'm on a longterm contraceptive. has anyone else experienced this? new baby is 4 months old, we've had sex 4 times since baby was born. two of these 4 times was initiated by me. prior to the 1st baby, boo was ready to have sex twice a day, and i was ready for him each time. after the 1st baby, it reduced to like 4x a week and i figured we can blame it on the presence of the new baby. after this 2nd baby, its seems like he's just not Hot anymore. i know he's not cheating and my vajayjay is pretty much the same. 2 c/sections

The attraction is wearing off already. That is what marriage is all about. He'll start boinking outside soon!
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by gabe: 12:25am On May 24, 2015
@nellyme, u answered yourself,n correctly too, dats why nobody is adding anything substantial. @nickybarb, its biology, really. Don't mind all those saying u guy no longer trips for u. When a man marries n his wife gives birth, his testosterone reduces. Since it is responsible for making us want to do u every minute we can get it up, it means d man's sex urge reduces. Nature fixed it so u d mother don't get pregnant soon after giving birth so u can heal properly. It also makes him settle down n develop 'maternal' instincts so as to help u take care of d baby because if his testosterone is up n u can't do him cos u'r still hurt from childbirth, he will get his action from outside. Studies have shown if d man separates himself from mother n child for a while-2wks or more- his testosterone levels build up. Pray u r there when it happens, cos he'll simply get it somewhere else. Isn't nature wonderful grin

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by gprezident(m): 1:22am On May 24, 2015
nellyme:
A friend of mine just put to bed a bouncing baby boy. I went visiting and we got to discuss a lot of things. She told me a lot of things...(I'm keeping ma mouth shut)....what got me concerned was that she said she had intercourse with the husband cos he insisted. At first I was shock but I feigned ignorant of that...when I left her I got to do a lot of research and decided to share it here cos I think der might be people in similar situation.
Here are some questions I considered:
Is a mother able to have intercourse with her husband while she is still nursing her baby?
What effect does the mother's milk have on the child if she has intercourse while she is breast feeding?
How long should she wait after birth before she can have relations with her husband?
***i also heard somewhere that a woman doesn't dare give milk to her child once she has begun to have sexual relations. If she does it, the child will become sick and even die***
The answer I was able to deduct from my research was : "Yes, a mother is able to have intercourse with her husband while she still nurses her baby, providing they wait for a few weeks after birth until her organs are back to normal."
REASONS:
1. It takes from 4 to 6 weeks after birth for a woman's uterus to return to its normal state. There is a red discharge from the uterus after the baby is born which is called the lochia. It lasts about two weeks and tends to flow most when the mother is nursing her baby. Later the lochia becomes a lighter colour and then it finally stops.
2. The father's sperm cannot enter into the milk and cause the baby to get sick.
MY ADVICE:
The best way a father should show his love to his child is to love the baby's mother. Mothers Please don't abstain from sex totally during breast feeding because it pushes the impatient husbands to infidelity and fathers do not rush your wives, give them time to heal.
CLOSING REMARK:
It is even true that mothers who breast-feed their babies are more interested in returning to active intercourse with their husbands as soon as possible after birth. They want to express the love and gratitude which they have in their hearts for the father of their child.
Cheers!!!
I rest my case
But what do you think
I can knack ma wife ponmo anytime i lik jare, my dick don dey rise again..(D rising rod)!
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nyceguy92: 3:40am On May 24, 2015
[quote author=nellyme post=33906869]

Yes, a breast feeding mother can safely have sexual relation with her husband when she has become 'dry'.

Most suitable time is from 3 months upwards. By this time, body structures are almost back to normal.

For most men, it is a long wait.

There is no effect on the baby.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 7:45am On May 24, 2015
Ur wish is my command ma
Motolank:

That is Ricky and Lucy in your dp.

That's what concerns me not intercourse, Incase you ask
winkUr wish is my command ma
Motolank:

That is Ricky and Lucy in your dp.

That's what concerns me not intercourse, Incase you ask
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 7:47am On May 24, 2015
U be man , u no fit know wetin i dey talk
searay2:
How many belless you fit give?
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by samsonebenezer: 7:53am On May 24, 2015
Best option is condom
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by kennyanadi: 8:14am On May 24, 2015
nellyme:
Still waiting for mature inputs...
...input the mature input na.. angry angry
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by corektchic: 8:35am On May 24, 2015
nickibarb:
Pls what contraception do u use.. I need it pls.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by corektchic: 8:52am On May 24, 2015
if u opt for separate room using the baby nursing as excuse u might just be doing urself some gud. couples sleeping in the same bed all thru marriage is the dumbest idea there ever was[/quote]

The different room thing doesn't always work. it depends on the person(s) involved. Do it with a man who's always busy or doesn't hv a fantastic libido n u end up living like neighbors or slave n master. We tried it and found out it couldn't work cos in as much as it didn't affect our sexual life it kind of drew us apart n reduced our fondness for each other cos even quarrels took very long time to settle. In fact I alws felt my husband only comes to me for sex n when he gets me angry or he's angry he quickly leaves b4 I wake. Later he said he noticed our communication level was reducing which is even very important in marriage. but now we stay together even after 2kids we still riding high...

3 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by antisocial: 9:06am On May 24, 2015
Beremx:
There's nothing wrong with a nursing mother having sex. Well it depends if the nursing mother had a CS or normal delivery. For those who had CS,its kinda scary when having intercourse but with time,the nursing mother gets used to it.

Fond.ling and sucking of the brreasts is a No for me during sex. angry
dear,you are very stingy,me I like sucking and handling them any time.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by braimeddy: 9:14am On May 24, 2015
Ops u forget to put where u got ur references from since u said u did researches in getting answers to d questions bothering u. Pls I need to knw.
nellyme:
A friend of mine just put to bed a bouncing baby boy. I went visiting and we got to discuss a lot of things. She told me a lot of things...(I'm keeping ma mouth shut)....what got me concerned was that she said she had intercourse with the husband cos he insisted. At first I was shock but I feigned ignorant of that...when I left her I got to do a lot of research and decided to share it here cos I think der might be people in similar situation.
Is a mother able to have intercourse with her husband while she is still nursing her baby?
What effect does the mother's milk have on the child if she has intercourse while she is breast feeding?
How long should she wait after birth before she can have relations with her husband?
***i also heard somewhere that a woman doesn't dare give milk to her child once she has begun to have sexual relations. If she does it, the child will become sick and even die***
The answer I was able to deduct from my research was : "Yes, a mother is able to have intercourse with her husband while she still nurses her baby, providing they wait for a few weeks after birth until her organs are back to normal."
REASONS:
1. It takes from 4 to 6 weeks after birth for a woman's uterus to return to its normal state. There is a red discharge from the uterus after the baby is born which is called the lochia. It lasts about two weeks and tends to flow most when the mother is nursing her baby. Later the lochia becomes a lighter colour and then it finally stops.
2. The father's sperm cannot enter into the milk and cause the baby to get sick.
MY ADVICE:
The best way a father should show his love to his child is to love the baby's mother. Mothers Please don't abstain from sex totally during breast feeding because it pushes the impatient husbands to infidelity and fathers do not rush your wives, give them time to heal.
CLOSING REMARK:
It is even true that mothers who breast-feed their babies are more interested in returning to active intercourse with their husbands as soon as possible after birth. They want to express the love and gratitude which they have in their hearts for the father of their child.
Cheers!!!
I rest my case
But what do you think
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by skyenitan04(m): 9:31am On May 24, 2015
i also heard somewhere that a woman doesn't dare give milk to her child once she has begun to have sexual relations. If she does it, the child will become sick and even die....dis occurs when u funicate when having a baby and another man sleeps wit u..ur milk turns brown..d baby begins sickness ,wont be able to walk for a long while ,d baby wont die dough buh goes through hell through re mothers bad act of fucking anoda man while breast feeding a lil baby
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by perryy(m): 11:06am On May 24, 2015
My baby is about three weeks and my wife bleeped me last night. Hope nothing will happen?
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Motolank: 11:33am On May 24, 2015
adeekiti:
Ur wish is my command ma winkUr wish is my command ma
Issokay
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by ishiamu(m): 11:48am On May 24, 2015
Beremx:
There's nothing wrong with a nursing mother having sex. Well it depends if the nursing mother had a CS or normal delivery. For those who had CS,its kinda scary when having intercourse but with time,the nursing mother gets used to it.

That your disgusting flaccid breast
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by B69U: 6:00pm On May 26, 2015
Beremx:

Igbos!
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Ologunjude(m): 10:27pm On May 26, 2015
MzNelly:

Go to Romance Section and Create a New Topic.
Thanks Nelly.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 10:02am On May 27, 2015
effyzie01:

Given that the baby is only 4 months old, the sex frequency is OK.

Yes! It appeared her reception has not in any way decreased but the hubby's libido is already (or appeared to be) low. That could be blamed on Coolidge Effect (though that may depend on how old the marriage is).

And yes, it is not a big deal. However, I advise she keeps a close eye on him because Coolidge Effect might drive him to cheat.

please what is coolidge effect? i'm about to ask google sha but maybe you can tell me. marriage is 2 years and 6 months old. we're still very much in love so, for now, unless some demonic girl tries to get a hold on him with blackmagic, i am 100% sure that cheating is not in the books.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 10:04am On May 27, 2015
corektchic:

Pls what contraception do u use.. I need it pls.

its called "implanon", its a 3 year contraceptive. they give you an injection to numb an area on your arm and insert it there. you won't feel anything. you can get it at pretty much any govt hospital in nigeria for free. there's also a 5 year one called "Jadelle"

2 Likes

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 10:06am On May 27, 2015
tony4life58:

That contraceptive can kill you. free candid medical advice

that's stupid advice. and yes, i'm a US licensed doctor

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 10:09am On May 27, 2015
LastProphet:

u may still have a great shape but definitely not wout stretch marks on ur butt and tummy. its a big turn off for many men and ur hussy might just be silent abt it. also u are getting used to each other and d attraction is bound to naturally decline. the more u will try to get him back, the more he will be secretly disgusted. take ur mind too off the thing and see what happens. if u opt for separate room using the baby nursing as excuse u might just be doing urself some gud. couples sleeping in the same bed all thru marriage is the dumbest idea there ever was

yeah we started separate rooms since the babies started coming. i guess that means we're doing something right? i used to playfully tell him i'll sue him for spousal abandonment. from what you're saying, its a good thing he sleeps somewhere else.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 10:13am On May 27, 2015
gabe:
@nellyme, u answered yourself,n correctly too, dats why nobody is adding anything substantial. @nickybarb, its biology, really. Don't mind all those saying u guy no longer trips for u. When a man marries n his wife gives birth, his testosterone reduces. Since it is responsible for making us want to do u every minute we can get it up, it means d man's sex urge reduces. Nature fixed it so u d mother don't get pregnant soon after giving birth so u can heal properly. It also makes him settle down n develop 'maternal' instincts so as to help u take care of d baby because if his testosterone is up n u can't do him cos u'r still hurt from childbirth, he will get his action from outside. Studies have shown if d man separates himself from mother n child for a while-2wks or more- his testosterone levels build up. Pray u r there when it happens, cos he'll simply get it somewhere else. Isn't nature wonderful grin

wow that's interesting and re-assuring. thanks. I was beginning to feel like I should have enjoyed my excellent man a bit more before baby-making. if baby-making was going to kill our marriage
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by LastProphet: 11:24am On May 27, 2015
nickibarb:

yeah we started separate rooms since the babies started coming. i guess that means we're doing something right? i used to playfully tell him i'll sue him for spousal abandonment. from what you're saying, its a good thing he sleeps somewhere else.

Madam it will be alright, u luv your husband if not u wont be seeking advise here and all right feelings eventually get rewarded IF WE HAVE PATIENCE. Just get busy with some other things and dont even broach the subject anymore, if he has any journeys to make encourage him to do so and keep fit and all will be well.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 11:26am On May 27, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

Pls read again. This is what she said''new baby is 4 months old, we've had sex 4 times since baby was born. two of these 4 times was initiated by me'' baby is four months,had sex four times. Thats an average of once a month

one more thing. i won't really say an average of once a month though. cos for like the first 3 months after the baby was born, none of us made a move. i felt like i wanted to get my body back to what i would be comfortable with and hubby didn't also make a move.he was very hands-on with taking care of our first child while i nursed baby no 2 so sex was kind of put at the backseat. right after i got my contraceptive in place, the sexing started.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by haul: 1:02pm On May 27, 2015
nickibarb:

one more thing. i won't really say an average of once a month though. cos for like the first 3 months after the baby was born, none of us made a move. i felt like i wanted to get my body back to what i would be comfortable with and hubby didn't also make a move.he was very hands-on with taking care of our first child while i nursed baby no 2 so sex was kind of put at the backseat. right after i got my contraceptive in place, the sexing started.

You trying to avert any menace evil before they come creeping,relax madam, your home will hold stronger than you imagine.

Do have a fun filled marriage.
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 7:29am On May 28, 2015
Goodboiyy:

yea I understand, try to b hotter, dress hot, u re a pretty lady and u gat a good body, sometimes we jst deceive ourself with d word 'trust'

Men needs flashy tins, try to b flashy, hope u re nt giving ur baby more attention than your hubby? @Op its okay d lady can have sex, bt I prefer 5-7weeks after delivery

4get all those believe, all na lie,,

Flashy thing.....na so I would say it has to do with thought of responsibility, the thought of additional bills and current salary grade. Nothing makes a man get a low libido than money issues.

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by Nobody: 7:34am On May 28, 2015
This is why I hate nairaland all these immature brats commenting in a serious section. Sadly freedom of speech

1 Like

Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by toygod2: 3:26am On Jun 06, 2015
make i begin dey learn all this thing , before i go start to dey grin grin grin do the do
Re: Nursing Mothers And Intercourse by tpiadotcom: 3:32am On Jun 06, 2015
nellyme:
REASONS:
MY ADVICE:
CLOSING REMARK:
Cheers!!!
I rest my case
But what do you think

you asked the questions and also provided yourself answers.

what do you want us to think?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Get Pregnant Two Days Before The Period? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / House Maid Beat Young Child To Near Death In Uganda (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.