Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity (33211 Views)

Oluwatobi Adesina, Femi Adesina's Son Who Is A Pilot At Arik Air (Photos) / "A New Sherrif Is In Town" By Femi Adesina- Special Adviser To Buhari On Media / EFCC Invites Kingsley Kuku, Jonathan’s Adviser On Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by handie(m): 5:42am On May 20, 2015
Less than 10 days to the inauguration of his administration, the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, may have made his first official appointment by naming the Managing Director and Editor-in-Chief of The Sun newspapers, Mr. Femi Adesina, as his Special Adviser (SA) on Media and Publicity.

Adesina's appointment, though yet to be formally announced, is said to have been concluded but merely waiting for some formality before the official announcement.

Already, the management of The Sun Newspaper, it was gathered, is concluding plans to re-organise its management structure following Adesina's impending departure.

Adesina was recently re-elected as the President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors (NGE) for another term of two years.

The NGE president was returned unopposed at the 2015 bi-ennial convention of the Guild which held in Lagos by his colleagues, most of whom described his tenure as the “best the Guild has ever had.”

With his new appointment, Adesina also becomes the second person to be so appointed while serving as the president of the Guild of Editors. The first person was the late Mrs. Remi Oyo, who was the SA, Media and Publicity to former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

A prolific writer and tested journalist, Adesina started his career at the Vanguard Newspapers as a features writer before later moving to the defunct National Concord Newspapers. He is a pioneer staff of The Sun newspaper where he became the editor, and later the managing director and editor-in-chief, a position he will be quitting for the new assignment.

As the president, Guild of Editors, Adesina fought for the rights and protection of journalists at every event or fora. In one of such events was a lecture organised by the Bank of Industry (BoI) where he advised the bank to find ways of encouraging media practitioners by giving them loans for the purpose of establishing businesses after retirement, pointing out that the media industry cannot afford to have more ‘veteran’ journalists.

Adesina in his presentation at the event titled: ‘‘The Media and BOI: Working Together’’ admonished Bol to patronise media houses, saying that they are not charitable organisations.

‘‘When you therefore have businesses, patronise them. If they are good enough for your press releases and other editorial items, they must also be good enough for your advertisements. Build a mutually rewarding relationship, including rendering investment support, as the journalists may require," he said.

A seasoned and renowned journalist with over 28 years of experience in the industry, Adesina took The Sun to a new height. Under his leadership, the newspaper won several reputable awards.

In 2007, he was named the Editor of the Year by the Nigeria Media Merit Award.
Source: www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-appoints-femi-adesina-special-adviser-on-media-and-publicity/209785/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by agarawu23(m): 5:43am On May 20, 2015
GMB knows best. he will not disappoint us with his cabinet choice.

in GMB I trust cheesy

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by theV0ice: 5:47am On May 20, 2015
Femi Adesina is a fine journalist. Love the way he and Orji Kalu have maintained their relationship despite being on opposite sides of the political divide.

I believe it's a very good appointment.

Congrats to both GMB and Femi

41 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by omenka(m): 5:57am On May 20, 2015
Well, I don't know him but I trust Baba to make very wise choices.
Wish him well. smiley

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by theV0ice: 6:01am On May 20, 2015
omenka:
Well, I don't know him but I trust Baba to make very wise choices.

Wish him well. smiley

He's a very calm and articulate person. Not garrulous at all. I think he's even a conservative christian.....heard sometime ago that he attends Deeperlife church. (this isn't an addition to his CV o...for those eager to misunderstand me)

He's a very wise choice in my estimation if it turns out to be confirmed.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by arewafederation: 6:02am On May 20, 2015
I trust GMB to always pick the right people for the job.

Nice one from GMB.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by arewafederation: 6:06am On May 20, 2015
theV0ice:

He's a very calm and articulate person. Not garrulous at all. I think he's even a conservative christian.....heard sometime ago that he attends Deeperlife church . (this isn't an addition to his CV o...for those eager to misunderstand me)

He's a very wise choice in my estimation if it turns out to be confirmed.

What is wrong with GMB? Isn't he supposed to islamize Nigeria? angry

149 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by theV0ice: 6:11am On May 20, 2015
arewafederation:

What is wrong with GMB? Isn't he supposed to islamize Nigeria? angry

cheesy cheesy

I think he has forgotten....we need to remind him cheesy

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by olasmith10(m): 6:24am On May 20, 2015
A brilliant man with unique eloquence...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by sunkymike(m): 6:24am On May 20, 2015
Well, I trust Baba's judgement so there is no need to worry. The guy sef no go wan disappoint.
Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by otipoju(m): 6:24am On May 20, 2015
Thats all.
Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Godfullsam(m): 6:28am On May 20, 2015
Femi Adesina is a good choice . Congrats to him , he is a very experienced and conservative journalist.

Unlike the loquacious Doyin Okukpe wink

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Realdeals(m): 6:30am On May 20, 2015
Good apointment, Baba cannot afford to disppoint

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by bogolobango(m): 6:31am On May 20, 2015
I smell change

Sai baba

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by babyfaceafrica: 6:33am On May 20, 2015
Baba always choosing quality over noise making unlike an individual fom otuoke

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Beremx(f): 6:36am On May 20, 2015
Impressive!

My President knows how to choose the finest from the lots.

Congrats to Mr Femi Adesina.

Mr Femi will teach Doyin OmoAle Okupe how to do be a SA to the President on Media and Publicity.

Lalasticlala

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Nobody: 6:38am On May 20, 2015
Great.

Although I never liked The Sun Newspaper for their style.By the way, where is Femi Aribasala, PhD? I am sure Jonathan would offer him something after the next 16years of APC in power. The guy too hustle grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by NewNigeriaMind: 6:46am On May 20, 2015
Keneking:
Great.

Although I never liked The Sun Newspaper for their style.By the way, where is Femi Aribasala, PhD? I am sure Jonathan would offer him something after the next 16years of APC in power. The guy too hustle grin

Femi is a disgrace to Yorubas.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by jorlons(m): 7:05am On May 20, 2015
Baba we trust your decisions. Prove to haters that their hate cannot stop your quality leadership.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by ki02020(m): 7:06am On May 20, 2015
Is he not the man thatt alledge he toned down the PDP death advert against baba undecided

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Alphaoscar: 7:10am On May 20, 2015
ki02020:
Is he not the man thatt alledge he toned down the PDP death advert against baba undecided

Yes , he's the Man.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Nobody: 7:11am On May 20, 2015
Congrat to Femi Adesina... When the business of governance finally start, we shall engage him and his boss on issues with respect to the administration. Meanwhile, enjoy the glamour till May 29.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Maxymilliano(m): 7:14am On May 20, 2015
Femi Adesina is not a bad idea as SA on media and publicity.

The guy is good at what he does.

Kulikuli@yahoo.com is his unique brand of email that always got me cracked up.

He mus have been a great lover of kulikuli when he was younger ...

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by eejo(m): 7:16am On May 20, 2015
Buhari why all this when you have minister of information. This will still increase cost of governance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Prodeegee(m): 7:28am On May 20, 2015
L
Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by uwa1(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2015
We are still watching.
Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by oismail(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2015
Sun Newspaper now APC affiliated

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Nobody: 7:29am On May 20, 2015
i smell credibility... hmmmm smiley

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by efilefun(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2015
Hopefully he will handle his "portfolio" judiciously
Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by RockMaxi: 7:30am On May 20, 2015
eejo:
Buhari why all this when you have minister of information. This will still increase cost of governance

Buhari appoints a credible person you say money no dey to pay am, you better cool down till you are employed as the portfolio manager before you give this advice.

wink

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Femi Adesina Special Adviser On Media And Publicity by Pavore9: 7:30am On May 20, 2015
l have always loved Adesina but he should not metamorphose into another Abati!

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Shocked By Nigeria’s Debt Profile, Says Nation In Financial Crisis / Adamawa Becomes First Northern State To Support VAT Reform / Boko Haram Kills 13 People In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.