Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? (30779 Views)

‘Is Buhari Dead?’ Becomes Most Searched Phrase In Nigerian Internet Space / Challenging "The Traveler": My Walk Experience! I Hereby Stake N100,000.00 / Why I Think The "Traveler" (the Lagos Abuja Walker) Is Lying! Volunteers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by POG007: 2:45pm On May 20, 2015
He was a Nigerian called Moshood Adisi Olabisi Ajala. He was a renowned globe-trotter, socialite and free lance journalist, who was described in many Nigerian songs as Africa's greatest traveler. He was born in Ghana, then moved to Nigeria to school and went to the US at age 18 where he started his travels in the 50s. He supposedly went to 87 countries in six years and mostly on his bicycle. Read Ajala in his own words Below:

Excerpt from his book,

"From America I went to Canada (where I spent a couple of years) and later on to Britain. In 1957 I began my one-man Odyssey around the world. It is still going on as I write this in Sydney, Australia. In nearly all the eighty-seven countries I have visited during the course of my six-year jaunt around the world (ranging from North America to Eastern and Western Europe, through Africa and Asia and as far east as Korea, Indonesia and Australia), I have observed many different political regimes both in democratic and communist states. I have met with brutality and racial intolerance. I have felt the bitter evil of man's inhumanity to man, and have marbled at the goodness of the humane-hearted"

www.elitetribune.com

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by POG007: 2:47pm On May 20, 2015
See photo Posted By Elite Tribune
www.elitetribune.com

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by SPAGGYYY(f): 2:52pm On May 20, 2015
He is d mentor to those trekkers and cyclist in naija now

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by browneyes7(f): 2:57pm On May 20, 2015
He is ma grandpa's brother (maternal side) he ddnt finish writn his book b4 he died wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by PassingShot(m): 2:59pm On May 20, 2015
So this is the Ajala of "Ajala travels all over the world"! grin grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by POG007: 3:07pm On May 20, 2015
PassingShot:
So this is the Ajala of "Ajala travels all over the world"! grin grin

Yes. Finally...Here he comes.

He finally surfaced to tell all the fake Ajalas' trekking for Buhari and Jonathan that he is the REAL Ajala and that no one can break his enviable records grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by nerodenero: 3:19pm On May 20, 2015
To say he travelled to 87 countries mostly on his bicycle is astonishing.I first heard about Ajala from Obey's song. The lyrics goes thus:
You have traveled allover the world
Ajala traveled allover the world
Ajala traveled, Ajala traveled
Ajala traveled allover the world

41 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 20, 2015
Wow...87 countries on bicycle?

Ajala was a Great Man

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by niceguy7(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2015
Nice info.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by tociano009(m): 3:24pm On May 20, 2015
shocked
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by shachris02: 3:25pm On May 20, 2015
never heard of the phrase.
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by jstriker442(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2015
H
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 20, 2015
He died a pauper cry

1 Like

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Crocz(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2015
Person dey travel inside Nigeria self dey fear some villages make dem no use am do pepper soup na him you dey tour the whole world abi?...especially Eastern Europe where dem dey hack people into pieces do organ trade

4 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 20, 2015
Tanx 4 d info
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Rounakid(m): 3:27pm On May 20, 2015
Hmmmm... Never... Heard of ajala... Before sef...
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by admax(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by oyefeel(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
na my In-law papa e be

2 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by alex406(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2015
In as much as he was a great man, can one possibly travel to 87 countries by bicycle?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by theSpark(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2015
Them young'uns haven't heard of Ajala.

2 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by ShakurM(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2015
Ajala the founder of ;

Waka waka association of Nigeria
Trekkers association of Nigeria

Have you registered? angry

12 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by DEIFIED(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2015
Woww, knowing this for the first time.

2 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Fiawest(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2015
Can someone ride a bicycle across d Atlantic?

2 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by admax(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2015
Interesting!!
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by joystickextendr: 3:30pm On May 20, 2015
Good too bad hes dead...may his soul rip

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by upsyLi(m): 3:30pm On May 20, 2015
wow
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by haitto99(m): 3:30pm On May 20, 2015
that was when the world was still tolerable,.......make he use bicycle enter Libya now,if he ministry no go change

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Arch1: 3:30pm On May 20, 2015
Ebenezar Obey sang about him

5 Likes

Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by olu77(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2015
A great man indeed. He deserve to be in ther guiness book of records
Re: See Where The Phrase 'Ajala The Traveler' Came From? by Dollarchap(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2015
How was the journey?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thumb-printing Of Ballot Papers Going On At Hoil Suite In Yenogoa - Leadership / Former Emir Of Kano Sanusi Vs Muhammad Sani Abdullahi (Video) / Ilorin Chief Imam Released After Arrest For Calling Yorubas To Take Over Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.