Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,333 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project (93557 Views)

Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat / My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / Dairy Of My 3 Bedrooms Flat( All En-suit) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by PRODUTIM1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 04, 2015
God will surely provide for you where you least expected.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by jidesam168(m): 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2015
WELL DONE SIR, PLS CAN U HINT US ON THE PROBABLE NUMBER OF BLOCKS TO BE USED FOR THE BUILDING.THANKS

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by cleric(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2015
mufutau55:

I surely agreed with you that raft foundation will be overkill... I was just asking because of the shallow depth of the foundation..
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Oga, I am loyal sir. I knew you couldn't miss that because u are already have a doctorate in view in building construction sir.

I am keenly following this project as it is a deviation from the usual mansions and I love the OP's simplicity. Learning much here also.

3 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by mufutau55(m): 9:08pm On Jun 04, 2015
cleric:

Oga, I am loyal sir. I knew you couldn't miss that because u are already have a doctorate in view in building construction sir.
I am keenly following this project as it is a deviation from the usual mansions and I love the OP's simplicity. Learning much here also.

Yes sir. We all like good things... I monitor almost all building construction threads on this forum. Thank you sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by abdulwastecx(m): 5:49am On Jun 05, 2015
daviejay:
SETTING OUT & EXCAVATION PICS (NOT ALL, SINCE I AM AT WORK...IT'S MY WIFE THAT TOOK SOME SHOTS FOR ME grin)

The stress of using block to do setting out is very high and the error involve is great....block setting is wrong and people assumed its cost effective but using peg and profile to do setting out is the best bet

4 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by abdulwastecx(m): 5:58am On Jun 05, 2015
daviejay:
The Site Engineer says the foundation level is ok for an upland.

without a proper soil test no land or foundation can said to be ok for foundation of a building the reason been that soil exhibit lot of complex properties.

soil text may not be recommended for small building project like yours but sufficient depth of atleast 600mm is recommended for a bungalow built with load bearing partition wall.

soil within abuja and its environs has high clay contents, during the raining season, the soil closer to the ground exhibit wetness because the clay doesn't allow the water to sink down into the ground ( creating a fadama kind of ground). During the dry season the soil quickly dries up to give an impression of solid soil or ground for foundation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by cleric(m): 6:33am On Jun 05, 2015
abdulwastecx:

without a proper soil test no land or foundation can said to be ok for foundation of a building the reason been that soil exhibit lot of complex properties.

soil text may not be recommended for small building project like yours but sufficient depth of atleast 600mm is recommended for a bungalow built with load bearing partition wall.

soil within abuja and its environs has high clay contents, during the raining season, the soil closer to the ground exhibit wetness because the clay doesn't allow the water to sink down into the ground ( creating a fadama kind of ground). During the dry season the soil quickly dries up to give an impression of solid soil or ground for foundation.
Nice input.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by dayomide70(f): 8:18pm On Jun 05, 2015
Learning.....
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by keycash: 12:04am On Jun 06, 2015
WE ARE EXPERT IN POP (PLASTER OF PARIS) INTER LACK ,PCV SCEEDING OF WALL,TILES,CEMENT WORK AND SUSPENDER CEILING AT AVOIDABLE RATE I CAN BE REACH ON 08039206882 ADEKUNLE

https://www.nairaland.com/2219412/expert-home-beautification

May good God continue to provide for you through out this project and beyond

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 6:38am On Jun 07, 2015
PRODUTIM1:
God will surely provide for you where you least expected.

AMEN ooo
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 6:39am On Jun 07, 2015
jidesam168:
WELL DONE SIR, PLS CAN U HINT US ON THE PROBABLE NUMBER OF BLOCKS TO BE USED FOR THE BUILDING.THANKS

Estimated 3,600 blocks... Plus or minus
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Thanks sir. You are on point
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2015
keycash:
WE ARE EXPERT IN POP (PLASTER OF PARIS) INTER LACK ,PCV SCEEDING OF WALL,TILES,CEMENT WORK AND SUSPENDER CEILING AT AVOIDABLE RATE I CAN BE REACH ON 08039206882 ADEKUNLE

https://www.nairaland.com/2219412/expert-home-beautification

May good God continue to provide for you through out this project and beyond

AMEN ooo
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by skyps(m): 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
@op please keep updating us with pic and cost. God is your strength
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 9:50am On Jun 09, 2015
digging of soakaway

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 9:52am On Jun 09, 2015
foundation filling ongoing

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2015
Landlord on inspection...more grease to your elbow

24 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by imoci(m): 12:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
daviejay:
foundation filling ongoing

Well done bro.

how much were you charge for the soakaway digging.

please i will like to know what percentage the soakway sand was able to cover in the foundation filling.

this will help me in costing mine too.

Thanks and May God continue to help you.

3 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by bong4(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
Mgbadike80:
DPC means damp proof course, which means it helps in preventing dampness to the flooring. it also holds the foundation(substructure) together and prevents the breakage the floor as the house ages or as a result of pounding food in the kitchen. if you can afford it pls do it but if you're short of cash, then forget it. my current home don't have it and I'm not missing it that much

Can u expantiate more on dpc. Is it same as german floor?

1 Like

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
imoci:

Well done bro.

how much were you charge for the soakaway digging.

please i will like to know what percentage the soakway sand was able to cover in the foundation filling.

this will help me in costing mine too.

Thanks and May God continue to help you.

Thanks bro... let me say like 20-25%
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
dayomide70:

Congratulations on your project bro. May God help till the finish stage. Amen

Dayomide Stones Nig Ltd

Kindly contact me for your Granite,sharp sand,stone dust and sand filling. I supply to any part of LAGOS state and OGUN state.

Best price and good customer service.

Contact me on: 08117119290
E-mail address: dayomide70@yahoo.co.uk

What a man can do,a woman will do better wink .
A trial will convince you

Thanks

THANKS DAYOMIDE...GOD BLESS
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
BY GOD'S GRACE, WE DID THE GERMAN FLOOR TODAY...

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
MORE

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by daviejay: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2015
MY PROS IN THE HOUSE...PLEASE WHAT IS THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF DAYS OR HOURS I SHOULD LEAVE THE OVERSITE CONCRETE TO DRY BEFORE BLOCK SETTING? CAN I SET BLOCK TOMORROW? THANKS ALL.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by mufutau55(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
daviejay:
BY GOD'S GRACE, WE DID THE GERMAN FLOOR TODAY...

I am glad you did it. One day is too early to start laying blocks o. Let it cure first.
Personally, at least I will give it one or two week(s).

Hajji M.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by imoci(m): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
daviejay:
MY PROS IN THE HOUSE...PLEASE WHAT IS THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF DAYS OR HOURS I SHOULD LEAVE THE OVERSITE CONCRETE TO DRY BEFORE BLOCK SETTING? CAN I SET BLOCK TOMORROW? THANKS ALL.

Nice one bro.

Can you please enlighten me on the cost implication of this your German floor.
That is cost of digging soak away,laterite,cement,sharp sand,carpenter and form work,labor cost e.t.c.

God bless you.

I am very keen on this cos i also have a project similar to this at hand.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by imoci(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Builders in the house pls i want to know the reason for the pvc pipes on this floor.
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by freshvine(f): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
Loving this
Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by MANGAM(m): 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Oga Mufutau55, two wks is too long to wait. Since the project is in the North I think 5days will do because of plenty of sunshine and wind. Jus my take
mufutau55:

I am glad you did it. One day is too early to start laying blocks o. Let it cure first.
Personally, at least I will give it one or two week(s).

Hajji M.

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by mufutau55(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
MANGAM:
Oga Mufutau55, two wks is too long to wait. Since the project is in the North I think 5days will do because of plenty of sunshine and wind. Jus my take

Yes. You are probably right.. I forgot about the northern area... the one week should be real good.

Hajji M.

6 Likes

Re: My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project by abdulwastecx(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2015
very good dpc... that must have cost you a lot sir. keep it up sir

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) / Chinese Man Moves His House After Government Threatened To Demolish It (photos) / Construction Pictures Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow With A Pent House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.