Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates (9360 Views)

Lower Niger Congress Presenting Their Case At Us Congress W.dc / On Biafra And Lower Niger / The Lower Niger Congress! Have A Feel Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 7:36am On May 21, 2015
1. Rejection of the 1999 Constitution as the basic legal framework for the continued existence of the country as a single entity.

2. A mandate for the production of a charter that would bind together all the language groups in the Lower Niger as equal partners in a proposed federation of the Lower Niger.

3. A mandate for the conduct of a referendum, as it was done in Scotland against the United Kingdom, to determine the continued existence of the two zones with the other parts of the country.

4. A call for a referendum proposing that an Asset Protection and Guarantee Scheme should be put in place to take an inventory of the assets of the people of the Lower Niger and ensure adequate compensation in case of any displacement.

5. A recall of its elected representatives at the Federal Capital City, Abuja and whoever may be so appointed for consultations, warning that whoever contravened the order does so as it his/her own risk.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Mynd44: 7:43am On May 21, 2015
Have fun...

3 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:49am On May 21, 2015
All these because your useless paymaster lost an election?

Ndi Ara!!

17 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by jorlons(m): 7:56am On May 21, 2015
Pls Op can you enlighten us on the partnering regions of the lower country or is it Niger.

Pls it's ask I ask qwesion, cause ma teacher said we we nor know if we did not ask it.

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 7:56am On May 21, 2015
you guys are jokers. None of the nonsense you listed up there will be accepted or implemented by any sane house of legislators or even a sane leader. I have said this and I will continue to say this; any ethnic group that doesn't want to identify with Nigeria again should pack their belongings and move to cameroon or Chad republic. No single territory of Nigeria will be negotiated for whatever reason(s).

Lower niger congress my _ass

5 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Icon4s(m): 7:58am On May 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ndi Ara!!
My thought exactly. Mayb it is the turn of the South too to make Nígeria ungovernable for a Northerner.

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 7:59am On May 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ndi Ara!!

The Lower Niger Congress first convened in August 2014.
The Movement has nothing to do with outcome of the last election.
Jonathan just like Buhari is only a mere pawn in the Nigerian Political chase game.

For me as an individual, I have been consistent on my views about Nigeria. So my desire to see us go our ways has nothing to do with this election.

Now, how does my position of Nigeria, Biafra and Lower Niger Congress had to do with me being paid by anybody?
Does your position and views mean you are being paid too?

Finally, is it impossible for you to make your comments without name calling and insults?
This is a public forum, self control and decorum are expected.

I wish you well.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:00am On May 21, 2015
jorlons:
Pls Op can you enlighten us on the partnering regions of the lower country or is it Niger.

Pls it's ask I ask qwesion, cause ma teacher said we we nor know if we did not ask it.

The former Eastern Region, now called South South and South East

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Rawani: 8:01am On May 21, 2015
Asset protection scheme? Wouldn't that re-open old wounds? Once beaten, twice shy I guess.

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:08am On May 21, 2015
Icon4s:

My thought exactly. Mayb it is the turn of the South too to make Nígeria ungovernable for a Northerner.

Nobody has threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable.
It was slave masters that created Nigeria.

We were not consulted but rather were forced into a union that is not workable.
We want out.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by eph12(m): 8:10am On May 21, 2015
Icon4s:

Are you implying that the north not only tried to but also succeeded in making the country ungovernable for the southerner?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by hypertension(m): 8:11am On May 21, 2015
wike for president 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Ezemust: 8:13am On May 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Ndi Ara!!
Amadioha burukwa ur boyfriend dia.nwayi ofe.mmanu

13 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:14am On May 21, 2015
kastonkastrol:
you guys are jokers. None of the nonsense you listed up there will be accepted or implemented by any sane house of legislators or even a sane leader. I have said this and I will continue to say this; any ethnic group that doesn't want to identify with Nigeria again should pack their belongings and move to cameroon or Chad republic. No single territory of Nigeria will be negotiated for whatever reason(s).

Lower niger congress my _ass

Dont be so sure bro.
A union held together by gun will surely collapse one day.
If the all powerful USSR could collapse, how much more Nigeria?
You are speaking like a typical African affected and confused by colonialism.
So you think the territory is more important than the people that occupy them?

guide your heart bro, before you are over taken by the hunger to shed innocent blood.

Finally, it is only the insane that watch the killing of Nigerians in Nigeria by fellow Nigeria with ethnic/religious sentiments, and pretend as if nothing is happening.

By the way, why are you so insecure?
If you are really so concerned about Nigeria, then you have to make efforts to convince me with sound reason and logic.
Else, the kind of thoughts you expressed here is one of the reasons we want out of Nigeria.

When Nigeria finally collapse, and you start blaming those who were responsible, please font forget to include yourself.
You sir are part of the problem.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:16am On May 21, 2015
Rawani:
Asset protection scheme? Wouldn't that re-open old wounds? Once beaten, twice shy I guess.

We are not focusing on the past, but the present and the future.
The body language of many Nigerians even here in Nairaland says it all.
They are waiting for the opportunity to take over the fruits of our labours.
Well, we have a surprise for them all.
Never again.

9 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:16am On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Nobody has threatened to make Nigeria ungovernable.
It was slave masters that created Nigeria.

We were not consulted but rather were forced into a union that is not workable.
We want out.
mumundus, u were not contacted ba? azikwe was a profile picture then abi? abi just a calendar?

bros, make I ask you, before the boko haram started their own, no be ur brothers from the creeks have been making life ungovernable for everybody?

2 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:20am On May 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
mumundus, u were not contacted ba? azikwe was a profile picture then abi? abi just a calendar?

bros, make I ask you, before the boko haram started their own, no be ur brothers from the creeks have been making life ungovernable for everybody?

If you narrow this discussion to Boko Haram and Niger Delta militants, you will be making some grave mistakes.

Well, the slave trader called Luggard, never consulted anybody when he mis-amalgamated Nigeria.

And bros, I dont think it is must for you to name call someone before you can make your point.
it is immaturity to allow your emotions to override your sense of reasoning and logic.
cheers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:33am On May 21, 2015
Ezemust:

Nna biko, I dont usually like the idea of calling people names.
I believe one of us have the right our opinion and the right to express them.
that is what makes us civilised.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:36am On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Dont be so sure bro.
A union held together by gun will surely collapse one day.
If the all powerful USSR could collapse, how much more Nigeria?
You are speaking like a typical African affected and confused by colonialism.
So you think the territory is more important than the people that occupy them?

guide your heart bro, before you are over taken by the hunger to shed innocent blood.

Finally, it is only the insane that watch the killing of Nigerians in Nigeria by fellow Nigeria with ethnic/religious sentiments, and pretend as if nothing is happening.

By the way, why are you so insecure?
why didn't you guys mentioned all these things 2years ago? Am very sure if gej was re-elected again none of you "lower niger agitators" will be spewing all the trash about referendum as you are doing today. Nigerians including those borno people that have been constantly terrorized by boko haram endured jonathan's 5years of bad leadership, so I will advice you people to also fastest your seat belts and endure whatever kinda ride buhari will take you through. You people of niger/delta can't just be blackmailing the entire country with oil.

If you guys where so serious about self determination, none of you would have voted/participated in the just concluded elections. I can vividly remember how you(noblezone) were telling anybody that cares to listen how your jonathan will win the election. Tell me now, who will take your likes serious ?

7 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Ezemust: 8:43am On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

Nna biko, I dont usually like the idea of calling people names.
I believe one of us have the right our opinion and the right to express them.
that is what makes us civilised.
cool.it's just dat the girl just de draw ma boxer always with her coment.
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:52am On May 21, 2015
kastonkastrol:
why didn't you guys mentioned all these things 2years ago? Am very sure if gej was re-elected again none of you "lower niger agitators" will be spewing all trash about referendum as you are doing today. Nigerians including those borno people that have been constantly terrorized by boko haram endured jonathan's 5years of bad leadership, so I will advice you people to also fastest your seat belts and endure whatever kinda ride buhari will take you through. You people of niger/delta can't just be blackmailing the entire country with oil.

If you guys where so serious about self determination, none of you would have voted/participated in the just concluded elections. I can vividly remember how you(noblezone) was telling anybody that cares to listen how your jonathan will win the election. Tell me now, who will take your likes serious ?

You are very observant to notice I campaigned for Jonathan. However, it is like you never noticed my consistence about Biafra an even my criticisms of Jonathan over his comments about Nigeria.

Anyway, please be informed that the inaugural meeting of the Lower Niger congress, held in August 2014, at Warri Delta State.
it has nothing to do with Jonathan and the 2015 elections.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 8:55am On May 21, 2015
Ezemust:
cool.it's just dat the girl just de draw ma boxer always with her coment.

If you cant handle such people and their emotions, just ignore them.

A man went to the stream to bath, he stripped and dropped his cloths.
While he was bathing, a mad man came along, took his (the bathing man) and ran off.
The man began to pursue the madman with the aim of recovering his cloths.

A third party saw them and laughed, "see two mad men".

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Ezemust: 9:01am On May 21, 2015
noblezone:

If you cant handle such people and their emotions, just ignore them.

A man went to the stream to bath, he stripped and dropped his cloths.
While he was bathing, a mad man came along, took his (the bathing man) and ran off.
The man began to pursue the madman with the aim of recovering his cloths.

A third party saw them and laughed, "see two mad men".
ya.i gat u.

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by codedslayer: 9:17am On May 21, 2015
Lmaoo. Lower naija abi river niger cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 9:32am On May 21, 2015
codedslayer:
Lmaoo. Lower naija abi river niger cheesy grin
No sir, its River Benue

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by kokoA(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2015
Weed is not good for everybody..

4 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Chiaka(f): 9:45am On May 21, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

For all the good reason.............and boko haram reason is what - Western education is forbidden grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by dekdek: 9:50am On May 21, 2015
[[s]quote author=noblezone post=33946836]1. Rejection of the 1999 Constitution as the basic legal framework for the continued existence of the country as a single entity.

2. A mandate for the production of a charter that would bind together all the language groups in the Lower Niger as equal partners in a proposed federation of the Lower Niger.

3. A mandate for the conduct of a referendum, as it was done in Scotland against the United Kingdom, to determine the continued existence of the two zones with the other parts of the country.

4. A call for a referendum proposing that an Asset Protection and Guarantee Scheme should be put in place to take an inventory of the assets of the people of the Lower Niger and ensure adequate compensation in case of any displacement.

5. A recall of its elected representatives at the Federal Capital City, Abuja and whoever may be so appointed for consultations, warning that whoever contravened the order does so as it his/her own risk.

[/quote][/s]

Rubbish. Where were u when Jonah-daft was in power.

2 Likes

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 9:58am On May 21, 2015
dekdek:

Rubbish. Where were u when Jonah-daft was in power

Bros, calm down. Control yourself.

The Lower Niger Congress her inaugural meeting in August 2014.
Jonathan whom you mischievously called Jona-daft was in power.

As much as you are so vexed by the idea of the congress, did you really read the points at all or just drew lines on them?
Anyway, nothing is going to stop the referendum.
As the UK allowed Scotland to have theirs, so must Nigeria allow us to have ours.

Even if you are angry about the referendum, are also angry about insuring our assets?
The assets Nigerians destroy at slightest excuses?
The other day, there was a cartoon in Denmark and our brothers lost millions.
Are you saying it should continue?

What exactly do you people want?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by rman: 10:05am On May 21, 2015
Do these people with secessionist agenda go out at all?

All I see are normal Nigerians going about their daily live only to log onto nairaland and see forumites promoting secession.

1 Like

Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by dunkem21(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2015
Ezemust:

Nwanyi ka O bu Nwoke? ..

..let me ask Truckpusher ..
Re: Lower Niger Congress: The Five Point Mandates by Nobody: 10:14am On May 21, 2015
rman:
Do these people with secessionist agenda go out at all?

All I see are normal Nigerians going about their daily live only to log onto nairaland and see forumites promoting secession.

You are no looking well bro, else you would have seen the wounded, the dying and the very dead, attacked by herdsmen so thirsty for blood in both Benue and Plateau over th weekend.

Those Nigerian are not "going about doing their daily live".

I am not promoting secession as you put.
I am promoting freedom sir.
We are not Nigerians, pure and simple.

How can slave traders give us identity? Are we slaves?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N1 Trillion Projects: Lawmakers Jittery As Constituents Demand Explanations / Rivers State Lawmakers Confirm 4 Commissioners In Less Than 24 Hours / Security Chiefs, IGP Shun Reps Invitation, House Rejects Representatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.