Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:41 PM

How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair) (15476 Views)

*** QUEENZHAIR™ ||Get in Here For 100% Raw Vietnamese Human Hairs *** / HELP: Wig Making Supplies / Weavons To Wig.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair) by akaglue(f): 9:21am On May 21, 2015
God bless the inventors of wigs. As a working mum, sometimes I get so busy and tired that there is no time to make my hair during the weekend. I do not also like spending long hours at the salon and yes I also dislike spending so much money on weaves, so I love wigs.

I carry my weaves for a timed period (couple of weeks), sadly I had to remove my weave over the weekend because it was smelly (exhaust fume) and dusty from the whole Apapa traffic stress of last week. You can read about it here. http://akaglue.com/my-ferry-experience/Sunday night I still hadn’t made my hair so I resolved to rock my wig all through the week. Then I remembered I gave out 2 of my best wigs and the only wig I had was worn out. I was desperate because it was already too late to get to the salon. I started researching on how to revive a dead wig, and was pleased to stumble on the boiling method. So here you go.

Things you need.
1.Wig
2.Leave in conditioner / shear butter
3.Rollers

Step 1: Detangle the wig

step 2: Roll the wig around the rollers.

Step 3: Add leave in conditioner or shear butter to a pan of water and bring to boil. (I used shear butter).

Step 4: If its a synthetic wig, immerse into the pan of boiling hot water for 2-3minutes, but if its a human hair wig boil on low heat for about 15mins.

Step 5: Leave to air dry over night.

Step 6: Remove the rollers when wig is fully dried and style as desired.

So, next time your wig has lost it’s va-va-vroom, don’t be quick to throw it away, revive it and save your self some money!.

http://akaglue.com/how-to-revive-a-dead-wig/#more-326

2 Likes

Re: How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair) by akaglue(f): 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2015
Shirt dresses are currently in fashion, and as a nursing mother I am always on the look out for cloths that allow for convenient nursing. However, the thing about casual cloths for me, is that I don’t like spending too much on them because I only get to wear them a few times during the year . (I work five times a week in a corporate environment that doesn’t permit casual dressing).

Having convinced myself that I need a shirt dress , I went online searching for one. Sadly, my search was not very fruitful because the least I saw was priced for N6,500 and my budget was less than N5,000. As a savvy spender, I try as much as possible to always stick to my budget.

read more on http://akaglue.com/category/dress-for-less/
Re: How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair) by Beckyzhai(m): 2:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Hi
Re: How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair) by itstpia8: 1:21pm On May 14, 2016
Re: How To Revive Your Old Wig. (synthetic/human Hair) by Dinah247: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Pictures: Latest Designer Handbags. Wholesale/retail Available. / 2016 Best Side Ghana Braids Hairstyles With Pictures / My Daily Skin Care Routine-the Secrete Behind Flawless Skin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.