Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,794 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff (26836 Views)

FG Set To Sack 3,500 Staff / My Lebanese Boss Promises To Sack Me When Next I Bend Or Try To Collect His Bag / Banks To Sack Staff In Second Quarter – Rewane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by titus3: 10:28am On May 21, 2015
MTN tweeted this yesterday.

It has come to our attention that inaccurate information is currently being circulated on social media, alleging plans by MTN Nigeria to dismiss 6000 employees, starting with call centre staff. These rumours are false and designed to spark fear and panic amongst our staff and contractors.

As part of efforts to drive further efficiency towards improving the quality of customer service delivery, MTN has signed a new outsourcing contract with a new organization, which takes effect later in the year.

What this means is that our call centre, which was already outsourced several years ago, will now be managed by a new vendor.

The former vendors – CCNSSL and MacTay Consulting – will remain partners/consultants with MTN Nigeria and will continue to manage other key aspects of our business.

This change, which is in line with global best practices for organisations in our industry, is not exclusive to MTN Nigeria alone. Similar outsourcing arrangements are taking place across other MTN operations in Anglophone (English-speaking) countries across Africa, including South Africa.

We remain committed to delivering quality of service that our customers deserve, guided by a strong culture of best practice people management.

Management

E be like their staff dey panick because of all these Xenophobia palava.

Who knows, maybe they'll even employ more *fingers crossed*

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by edey2real: 2:15pm On May 21, 2015
They are not going to sack them but they are handing them over to an outsourcing company called Ison BPO.
The company is worst.

14 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by LaurelP(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2015
The kind Fear wey dey catch MTN these days ehn! They just dey para for notin.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Qyubee(m): 1:36am On May 22, 2015
same indian contractor handling airtel in ibadan? expect the worst from indians!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Nobody: 4:04am On May 22, 2015
These Indians again. I pray Buhari go send mtn and indians out from Nigeria.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by vybrant(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2015
Being successful in business entails identifying and utilizing opportunities when they come.
when private companies were reluctant to invest in our telecommunication sector, MTN took up the mantle and invested heavily and today they are reaping the benefits of their shrewd business decision.

But as far as i'm concerned MTN owe alot to this country in terms of job creation and other social responsibilities...............i'm quite sure they are aware of that too

#obasanjo till 2019?

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by MKO4ever(m): 2:31pm On May 26, 2015

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Sunnycliff(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2015
If you sack us we evict you from our land! Thanks to Etisalat, Airtel and Glo

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by maggilove(f): 2:32pm On May 26, 2015
Better o, I can't imagine the number of jobless people we will have outside there again.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by 400billionman: 2:32pm On May 26, 2015
Who send them ?
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by baybeeboi: 2:32pm On May 26, 2015
MTN......Nigeria's best Telecom Network.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by 400billionman: 2:33pm On May 26, 2015
Front page noni
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by 400billionman: 2:33pm On May 26, 2015
Less than ten posts, front page because its Mtn news..
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by asumo12: 2:34pm On May 26, 2015
titus3

shocked shocked shocked
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by proxitaly: 2:34pm On May 26, 2015
nawa
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by 400billionman: 2:34pm On May 26, 2015
Building my multinational....

Join you guys soon
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by ShakurM(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2015
MTN and Jonathan, who worse pass? angry
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by slimdiggi: 2:35pm On May 26, 2015
south africans, chinese, indians all have one thing in common: slave labour! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry labenese? foggerit

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 26, 2015
FTC tinz!!!....Screw you MTN
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 26, 2015
At least they endeavoured to debunk the rumors....though the real question is whether the new vendor will not relieve some of the current call centre staff of their jobs. Usually when a new company takes over they would do a review of the team left behind by d outgoing company and inevitably a few layoffs often follows. I wish the current staff good luck.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by ylaa(f): 2:37pm On May 26, 2015
LET'S WAIT AND SEE.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by lilykach02(f): 2:38pm On May 26, 2015
Outsourcing them to this Indian company is even worse than sacking them.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by lilprinze: 2:39pm On May 26, 2015
Useless network
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by lizu4chizu(m): 2:39pm On May 26, 2015
Ok
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by akinjuly77(m): 2:39pm On May 26, 2015
I SWEAR! THESE MTN CHEATS WERE JUST DETECTED! (NO TWEAKING) => HOW TO BROWSE WITH MTN LINE FREE FOR EVERY 3MONTHS FOREVER => HOW TO GET 6MONTHS FREE BROWSING ON MTN LINE ONCE http://africansgist.com TO GET IT NOW TYPE YES AND IT WILL BE SENT TO YOUR INBOX WITHIN 10MINS IF IT HAS NOT BEEN SENT WITHIN 10MINS JUST VISIT http://africansgist.com TO GET IT INSTANTLY.
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by saasala(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2015
Click LIKE if you hate MTN but patronize them anyway because you have no choice. Click share if you truly love them irrespective of what.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by sosanova: 2:41pm On May 26, 2015
Keneking:
Jonathannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked

Parting gift to ehmTN....no smoke without fire whether gas, firewood or stove. grin

The economy is so hard outside oh...those people there should be thinking about how to succeed just in case.

Implication of losing $60bn under the current Jonathan's administration.

This government sef grin

mumu
Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Ptoocool(m): 2:43pm On May 26, 2015
EmptyHen

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by sucess001(m): 2:43pm On May 26, 2015
Forget the corporate jargons and Bullsh*t...

It's just a plan to reduce cost by giving d lower paying company the job of employin d call centre guys.

Classless!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Statement On Their Alleged Plan To Sack Staff by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 26, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customer Service Agents Might Go Hungry In The Nearest Future / Working With A Falsified Statement Of Result For 2 Yrs / Should I Dump My Bsc Degree To Be A Mechanic Apprentice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.