Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Question For Builders: Building With Sheetrock - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Question For Builders: Building With Sheetrock (1134 Views)

The Concreteman And Other Artisans For Builders / NEED FOR BUILDERS IN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY / China-factory Door-to-door One-stop Sales For Builders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Builders: Building With Sheetrock by Okejazz(m): 10:15am On Feb 12, 2009
A lot of houses in Nigeria are built with cement blocks to the point of overuse sometimes (my view).

Are there any detriments of building with a combo of sheetrock/wallboards, wood and cement? Your responses are highly appreciated.
Re: Question For Builders: Building With Sheetrock by desse: 1:55pm On Feb 12, 2009
well such building with combo and sheetrock /wallboards cannot stand test of time nigeria in terms of micro climatic factors that is reason they are not encourage i hope you understand that wallboards could sagg and shrick under hot weather,more so the security situation in the country completely rules such building materials off.so must people goes for sandcrete and concrete as best building materials so far.

cheers.
Re: Question For Builders: Building With Sheetrock by Okejazz(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2009
Thanks Desse.

In terms of reconstruction though for instance in the process of making a room wider, putting up demarcations or wall hangings, isn't it more feasable with wallboard/sheet rock than cement blocks?

Also how is the availabilty in the local market?
Re: Question For Builders: Building With Sheetrock by Duval: 4:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
I've been working with sheetrock for a long time and I never heard of the shrinking because of weather so that is not a problem.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help To Start Building / 15 Acres Of Land In Lakowe Lekki Ajah @ 900 Thousand Par Plot / 6 Units Of 3bdr Service Flats 4 Rent@ 1004 Victoria Island: Lagos:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.