Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Citibank Management Trainee Program - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Citibank Management Trainee Program (29922 Views)

Nigerian Breweries 2017 Management Trainee Discussion Thread / Enugu Electricity Distribution Company Graduate Trainee Program / Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee Program 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2015
kemiThegoddess:
Me 2
sawyer89:
Got an invite for an online numerical test. Anyone else?
Taken the test yet?
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by nerd90: 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Taken the test yet?

Citibank Tests are always computer adaptative; next question would be harder than the previous one. You can answer 7/10 and have a better score than someone that answered 9/10. It is way harder than SHL with a lot more tables. As far as i know, Citi's numeracy test is the hardest among investment banks. Some of my friends did their internship with Citi London.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 07, 2015
nerd90:

Citibank Tests are always computer adaptative; next question would be harder than the previous one. You can answer 7/10 and have a better score than someone that answered 9/10. It is way harder than SHL with a lot more tables. As far as i know, Citi's numeracy test is the hardest among investment banks. Some of my friends did their internship with Citi London.
Yeah, you're right. ..
The options are even more than 20 per question. ..
The test no easy...

It's well....
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by nerd90: 2:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Yeah, you're right. ..
The test no easy...

It's well....

I am guessing you took the test, how was it? Last numerical test I did (Bank of America) went very well although I am aware that Citi's own is on a different level. My friends said once you start getting too easy questions or questions far away from your first 3 on a difficulty level, know that you are not doing very well.

I wish you the best if you took part in this round. Citi is a wonderful place to work. 20 answers tell me you can't approximate like SHL.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2015
nerd90:

I am guessing you took the test, how was it? Last numerical test I did (Bank of America) went very well although I am aware that Citi's own is on a different level. My friends said once you start getting too easy questions or questions far away from your first 3 on a difficulty level, know that you are not doing very well.

I wish you the best if you took part in this round. Citi is a wonderful place to work. 20 answers tell me you can't approximate like SHL.
Yeah, I did the test... Citibank employs talent Q to offer their assessments.. you can Google talent Q...

My first 3 questions were so easy but subsequent questions eehhh embarassed.. I also had a network challenge even though i tested the network strength before I started, I wish all questions loaded at once just like shl instead of having to wait for each question to load..When some of my questions loaded, I had little time left...

Each question is timed 75secs, though the 1st question under each table is 90secs.... You see your time ticking down on each page embarassed... Also, the tables are soo big, it'll take you time to even analyse it so as to know how to tackle each question. .

Yeah, Citi is one of the best places to work in the world including Nigeria. They're a first class financial institution. To even get invited for their test isn't easy...Successful candidates will be trained in South Africa for 6 months plus other international trainings. .

Yes, more than 20 options, some had more than 30.. you can't approximate, if the answer is 34.56, you'll have options like 34.54, 34.55, 34.57..............You must get the exact answer to stand a chance. . Unless the question says otherwise, like to approximate to the nearest. ...... of which you ll still see closely related answers. ... Guessing is out of it...

Thanks a lot, I hope for the best even though my performance wasn't my best.... btw, are you a financially inclined? Hope you got BOA?

I feel like mailing them and telling them my predicament as regards network, what do you think?
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Base83 , I see you viewing. . You're in this race? cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by base83: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Base83 , I see you viewing. . You're in this race? cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
My dear very much ooo grin grin grin... Jus found the thread after I did my test... would hv been helpful if i saw this before the test undecided
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
base83:

My dear very much ooo grin grin grin... Jus found the thread after I did my test... would hv been helpful if i saw this before the test undecided
Lols.. how was your test.. You don smash am na cheesy cheesy cool

What do you think about mailing them as regards my complaint....They may not listen to me as I attempted all questions undecided sad

Where are other persons that took the test, abi them no dey nairaland ni?? Stop viewing, comment biko angry...
Anyway, anyone that gets a feedback should let the house know abeg....
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by base83: 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Lols.. how was your test.. You don smash am na cheesy cheesy cool

What do you think about mailing them as regards my complaint....They may not listen to me as I attempted all questions undecided sad
smash ke... jus being hopeful. you can give it a shot buh snc u attempt all the questions u may jus be lucky.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by nerd90: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Yeah, I did the test... Citibank employs talent Q to offer their assessments.. you can Google talent Q...

My first 3 questions were so easy but subsequent questions eehhh embarassed.. I also had a network challenge even though i tested the network strength before I started, I wish all questions loaded at once just like shl instead of having to wait for each question to load..When some of my questions loaded, I had little time left...

Each question is timed 75secs, though the 1st question under each table is 90secs.... You see your time ticking down on each page embarassed... Also, the tables are soo big, it'll take you time to even analyse it so as to know how to tackle each question. .

Yeah, Citi is one of the best places to work in the world including Nigeria. They're a first class financial institution. To even get invited for their test isn't easy...Successful candidates will be trained in South Africa for 6 months plus other international trainings. .

Yes, more than 20 options, some had more than 30.. you can't approximate, if the answer is 34.56, you'll have options like 34.54, 34.55, 34.57..............You must get the exact answer to stand a chance. . Unless the question says otherwise, like to approximate to the nearest. ...... of which you ll still see closely related answers. ... Guessing is out of it...

Thanks a lot, I hope for the best even though my performance wasn't my best.... btw, are you a financially inclined? Hope you got BOA?

I feel like mailing them and telling them my predicament as regards network, what do you think?

It would be difficult since you answered all your questions. Another problem is that the technical team in charge of the test might not be Citi's technical team. If the deadline has passed, it would be difficult to schedule another one for you. Did you take screenshots? That worked for me when I did my BNP Paribas tests. It would surely strengthen your appeal. It is always nice to take screenshots once you notice some challenges, I concede it might be difficult due to the time pressure.

Yes I'm financially inclined. BOA was a long shot, I got to the final stage but my lack of bulge bracket experience affected me. It was an off cycle analyst position which makes the chances slimmer unlike a full time analyst or summer position. I thought all banks invite applicants that have decent resume/cover letter invites, so they do pre-screening? It isn't difficult to put up a decent one page resume and stellar cover letter now or is it? They always review your test scores and application together not one before the other, at least that is what most banks do.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2015
base83:

smash ke... jus being hopeful. you can give it a shot buh snc u attempt all the questions u may jus be lucky.
by attempt, I don't mean I answered all, I mean all questions appeared afterall, even though some took time to appear... it's well joor, I go leave am like that abeg. ..

@ nerd90, I didn't take screen shots and deadline is today.. I will just let it go...

Go their website and other websites that talk about citibank.. after application, they screen your application personally. According to them, they don't employ the keyword thing to prescreeen, they go through it personally, that's why it takes them so much time to get back to applicants. ..we did this application over two months ago but they just got back to us now... That doesn't mean much candidates ain't still invited though...your application will still be considered at subsequent stages. ...

Sorry about the BOA thingy, guess you're on to better things now....
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by sawyer89: 4:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Taken the test yet?

Yes . I've written the test. Mehn! Just being hopeful. That would be the first time I 'll be writing such a test. It quite different from the conventional SHL and Gmat I'm used to, a bit harder. Praying unto God for the best.

I was surprised that I was invited for the test because of my Engineering background. Working in Citi bank will be so great. It's one of the best financial institution in Nigeria in terms of training and development, remuneration, network and brand. Wish us the best.

I think I know you. Were you at EY assessment centre?
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by nerd90: 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
MarvellousGod:
by attempt, I don't mean I answered all, I mean all questions appeared afterall, even though some took time to appear... it's well joor, I go leave am like that abeg. ..

@ nerd90, I didn't take screen shots and deadline is today.. I will just let it go...

Go their website and other websites that talk about citibank.. after application, they screen your application personally. According to them, they don't employ the keyword thing to prescreeen, they go through it personally, that's why it takes them so much time to get back to applicants. ..we did this application over two months ago but they just got back to us now... That doesn't mean much candidates ain't still invited though...your application will still be considered at subsequent stages. ...

Sorry about the BOA thingy, guess you're on to better things now....

I dislike that keyword thing, it is unfair and smack of laziness. That is why I like the management consulting and top financial firms. They would actually read your cover letter and compare it to your resume. Most times the ATS rejects applicant with PDF formats. Nigeria firms are very lazy recruiting wise, during my final year in college I had friends that got interviews with management consulting firms in other countries. They would reply all the applicants within three weeks (positive or negative). From your description about citi, they are acting very professionally.

I know you would be fine so start preparing for the round of interviews. I am sure you did well above average. Goodluck
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by nerd90: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2015
sawyer89:

Yes . I've written the test. Mehn! Just being hopeful. That would be the first time I 'll be writing such a test. It quite different from the conventional SHL and Gmat I'm used to, a bit harder. Praying unto God for the best.

I was surprised I was invited for the test because of my Engineering background. Working in Citi bank will be so great. It's one of the best financial institution in Nigeria in terms of training and development, remuneration, network and brand. Wish us the best.

It is compter adaptative like the GMAT exam. Wish everyone the best! The main aim of these test is to test your ability when it comes to processing relevant and irrelevant information. Don't fall for the trap of thinking too much and trying to judge your performance. You might answer only 6 with a higher difficulty level and get a score better than someone that answered 10/12. The score for adaptative testing is normalized score not absolute score.

I have heard stories of people getting 3-7 questions wrong and still getting a perfect score in GMAT (51). The example is just to give you an idea of how normalized scoring works.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by sawyer89: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2015
nerd90:

It is compter adaptative like the GMAT exam. Wish everyone the best! The main aim of these test is to test your ability when it comes to processing relevant and irrelevant information. Don't fall for the trap of thinking too much and trying to judge your performance. You might answer only 6 with a higher difficulty level and get a score better than someone that answered 10/12. The score for adaptative testing is normalized score not absolute score.

I have heard stories of people getting 3-7 questions wrong and still getting a perfect score in GMAT (51). The example is just to give you an idea of how normalized scoring works.

Ok o. I really hope something good comes out of it. Sorry about the BOA experience. I have some couple of guys from my school who got in through the Summer internship program. I'm sure you're on something better now.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 07, 2015
sawyer89:

I was surprised that I was invited for the test because of my Engineering background. Working in Citi bank will be so great. It's one of the best financial institution in Nigeria in terms of training and development, remuneration, network and brand. Wish us the best.

Lol, quite different from what we're used to.. I enjoyed the experience shaa, doing something different. .. I hope in God...

Yeah, will be great working with them..

No, I wasn't. . I couldn't attend the second test with dragnet because of location issues. ..

All the best to us .. Let God's will be done. ..

@ nerd90, I dislike the keyword thingy too.. I think citi is professional judging from what I have read and heard...

Amen, Thank you smiley
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by mambani: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
I wonder if I'm in the right frame of mind to do this test after today's stress....practice questions on Talent Q website no be here at all
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 07, 2015
mambani:
I wonder if I'm in the right frame of mind to do this test after today's stress....practice questions on Talent Q website no be here at all
Today's the last day, you've to do it.. All d best...
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by kemiThegoddess(f): 7:10am On Aug 15, 2015
Omo I thought It was only me who felt that test was hard!! Chai .. Stil no word from them yet abi ?
MarvellousGod:
Yeah, you're right. ..
The test no easy...

It's well....
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 15, 2015
kemiThegoddess:
Omo I thought It was only me who felt that test was hard!! Chai .. Stil no word from them yet abi ?
Yeah, no word sis....
Don't worry, you'll be successful. ..
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by mambani: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2015
pls just move on...successful candidates have completed the first round interview.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by sawyer89: 11:00am On Aug 24, 2015
mambani:
pls just move on...successful candidates have completed the first round interview.

Serious? Please did you write the test too?
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by mambani: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
sawyer89:

Serious? Please did you write the test too?

Yeah, I did.

1 Like

Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by sawyer89: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
mambani:

Yeah, I did.
Alrite. Thanks for the info. Guess you were invited for the interview.
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by kemiThegoddess(f): 5:55am On Aug 25, 2015
Wow are you serious? How do you know they've done interview ?
mambani:
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 25, 2015
sawyer89:

Alrite. Thanks for the info. Guess you were invited for the interview.
Probably calling these guys that work with the big 4... na them full the recruitment. .
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by kemiThegoddess(f): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2015
Awwn embarassed.. How do you know tho? Were you invited or know someone who was invited ?
MarvellousGod:
Probably calling these guys that work with the big 4... na them full the recruitment. .
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 25, 2015
kemiThegoddess:
Awwn embarassed.. How do you know tho? Were you invited or know someone who was invited ?
Just guessing. Manbani works with the big 4... I'm sure a couple of others applied too...

Don't get worked up.. just continue with what you're doing, if they call fine, if they don't, move on....
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by mambani: 8:39am On Aug 25, 2015
kemiThegoddess:
I was invited, but couldn't make it on that day. sad
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by kemiThegoddess(f): 9:34am On Aug 25, 2015
Wow! And wen did you write ur test ?
mambani:

I was invited, but couldn't make it on that day. sad
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by mambani: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2015
kemiThegoddess:
Wow! And wen did you write ur test ?

I wrote mine on the last day. Fire brigade tinz smiley
Re: Citibank Management Trainee Program by kemiThegoddess(f): 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2015
I guess I did horribly in mine then! Sigh and I was really hoping to get called! God dey sha
mambani:

I wrote mine on the last day. Fire brigade tinz smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sleeping At EFCC Office After Aptitude Test PH / Nigerian Customs Recruiting / Never Go For A Job Interview Unprepared For These Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.