Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari (42827 Views)

Fayose Condemns FG's Attack On Men Of God, Says Country Will Be In Crisis If.... / Economy Would’ve Been Worse But For Buhari – Lai Mohammed / Nigeria Would’ve Collapsed Had Officials Of My Govt Stole That Much- Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 9:37pm On May 21, 2015
The President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, has again commended President Goodluck Jonathan for conceding defeat at the March 28 polls.

Mr. Buhari, who gave the commendation in Abuja on Thursday when he received Nigerien President Issoufou Mahamadou, said Mr. Jonathan’s action turned around Nigeria’s nervous political process.
He said: “The Nigerien president purposely came to congratulate me on my victory and President Jonathan for the maturity and statesmanship that he exhibited by accepting that he had lost the election.

“His action actually doused tensions and averted crisis in Nigeria.

“Not only Africa but the world has commended the president for that because if he had disputed the elections, there would have been crisis in the country.

“That is what people don’t want, not only Nigerians but other countries. So, he came to commend President Jonathan for his courage and statesmanship.’’
He said Mr. Mahammadou had also come to show solidarity and acknowledge Nigeria’s importance on the continent.

Mr. Buhari said but for colonialism, Niger and Nigeria and all countries living along the border were one as they shared similar cultures, religions and mannerisms.

“As he rightly puts it, if Nigeria sneezes, the rest of Africa catches cold because of its importance, population and resources.

“So, Nigeria and Niger Republic are one entity as one singer from Niger puts it in his lyrics. We share a 1,500 kilometre long border with Niger which stretches from Chad to Sokoto, and all the people living along the borders on either sides are same people.

“The colonialists separated these people when they partitioned Africa at the Berlin conference in 1885. They separated the Fulanis, Kanuris and the Hausas from their brothers who are presently in Niger.

“They separated the Yorubas of Nigeria and the ones in Benin Republic. They also separated the Fulanis and other tribes who were living together as one along the Cameroon border.

“So, all these countries around us were a single entity with people of similar culture and religion before they became separated but time has changed and we thank him for reminding us of our history of brotherhood.’’

Earlier, Mahammadou said he was in Nigeria to convey the gratitude and salutation of Niger Republic for the peaceful conduct of the‎ elections held in spite of challenges.

“President Jonathan conceding defeat and this act will have a lasting impact and influence on politics in Africa, West Africa and Africa at large.

“So, I’m here both to congratulate the president-elect and the people of Nigeria for the smooth conduct of the elections,” Mr. Mahammadou said. (NAN)

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/183439-nigeria-wouldve-been-in-crisis-if-jonathan-disputed-elections-buhari.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by eagleeye2: 9:39pm On May 21, 2015
Tell us what we don't already know.
Anyway, watching you, and praying you succeed, because the insults that you will receive will be worst than that of GEJ.

227 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:39pm On May 21, 2015
Yeah Jonathan displayed maturity in that instance and it drew sympathy from even those who voted him out. A lot went wrong under his administration anyway, hope we get to fix things soon enough

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ozoigbondu: 9:40pm On May 21, 2015
lf he did what GEJ did four years ago 800 people and seven youth corpers would still be alive

445 Likes 55 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by psucc(m): 9:43pm On May 21, 2015
He gave Jonathan Boko Haram in 2011 and on 29th May Jonathan will give him fallen oil price.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 9:45pm On May 21, 2015
ozoigbondu:
lf he did what GEJ did four years ago 800 people and seven youth corpers would still be alive

Seconded

203 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 21, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Nnaa, rapu ndia na aku isi na ala.

Imagine the inpunity with which he said it which means he is not in anyway regretting his actions and their aftermath in previous elections.

I'm waiting for his magic in his ist 100 days in office. undecided

183 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 21, 2015
ok I think buhari will not arrest jonathan for NOW

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Chibuhealth(f): 9:47pm On May 21, 2015
Who ask you? We all know you have planned to suck the blood of baboons as you said earlier. Old foo.l

100 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:49pm On May 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Imagine the inpunity with which he said it which means he is not in anyway regretting his actions and their aftermath in previous elections.

Apart from those who supported him for real, many others who voted him did so to vote out Jonathan, especially those in the know of how rotten and corrupt the system had become

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 9:53pm On May 21, 2015
psucc:
He gave Jonathan Boko Haram in 2011 and on 29th May Jonathan will give him fallen oil price.

Now That's funny, lol. Don't forget Nigerians are the sufferers

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by owobokiri(m): 9:53pm On May 21, 2015
The way these guys talk sometimes irritates to no end. It is as if they have started taking the respect for human lives and christian preachings down south for cowardice. He was the one that has been using violence to threaten everybody . The north is slowly taking it for granted that the fear of violence from the south will make folks yield to them at will. This can lead to haughty/arrogant outbursts/behaviour. Some parts of the south, traditionaly beholden to eternal servitude may lap upto that since they visualise their every political progress through the northerner, but sometime in the future other parts of the south will be forced to challenge this mentality. Unfolding events thereafter will prove to everybody that no one has a monopoly of violence.

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 9:55pm On May 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Even the behaviour of abokiis on the streets have changed. Now they act anyhow they like.

I can't just wait to see miracles of the north.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by BlackTechnology: 9:56pm On May 21, 2015
The truth is finally coming out

So he trully planned to soak the blood of baboon and dog

Who say Jonathan no get sense

" My political ambition do not worth the blood of any Nigerian." Jonathan cool

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by owobokiri(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2015
socialmediaman:

Apart from those who supported him for real, many others who voted him did so to vote out Jonathan, especially those in the know of how rotten and corrupt the system had become

That must be some non corrupt and non rotten clean characters like Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki, Akume etc?

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 10:02pm On May 21, 2015
owobokiri:

That must be some non corrupt and non rotten clean characters like Tinubu, Atiku, Saraki, Akume etc?

Nope. They're all corrupt to different degrees, but running a loose government where everyone steals and goes away unpunished or Unreprimanded? Now that's crazy. Every part of the world, no exceptions, have their own degrees of corruption, but if you get caught, you go in for it, there's a difference...

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by ozoigbondu: 10:04pm On May 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:

Don't mind the bloodthirsty babbon and dog blood lover.The ancient one should brace up to.recieve all he and his partymen heaped on GEJ

BABAONECHANCE
TOOTHLESS MONGREY
DAURADULLARD

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 10:05pm On May 21, 2015
owobokiri:
The way these guys talk sometimes irritates to no end. It is as if they have started taking the respect for human lives and christian preachings down south for cowardice. He was the one that has been using violence to threaten everybody . The north is slowly taking it for granted that the fear of violence from the south will make folks yield to them at will. This can lead to haughty/arrogant outbursts/behaviour. Some parts of the south, traditionaly beholden to eternal servitude may lap upto that since they visualise their every political progress through the northerner, but sometime in the future other parts of the south will be forced to challenge this mentality. Unfolding events thereafter will prove to everybody that no one has a monopoly of violence.

I don't blame hausafulanis.

I blame yorubas, benues, sobos & a section of south south like ikwerres & ijaws.

Na their foolishness dey responsible for this animal farm we are living in.

They rather live in abject servitude or receive a hand out like dogs for the rest of their lives than break a sweat for their freedom.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by oluvick(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2015
GEJ, still the best.

Haters, do the needful, locate the next transformer

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by MrScript(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2015
Just as Temi Temi wud say "Jonathan my hero"

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 21, 2015
“The Nigerien president purposely came to congratulate me on my victory and President Jonathan for the maturity and statesmanship that he exhibited by accepting that he had lost the election.

“His action actually doused tensions and averted crisis in Nigeria.

“Not only Africa but the world has commended the president for that because if he had disputed the elections, there would have been crisis in the country.

“That is what people don’t want, not only Nigerians but other countries. So, he came to commend President Jonathan for his courage and statesmanship.’’
Jonathan is a hero of democracy. If jonathan had disputed, Buhari's boys in the North would have unleashed terror on innocent Easterners and christians just like they did in 2003, 2007 and the dark 2011 events.

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 10:13pm On May 21, 2015
illiad:

I don't blame hausafulanis.

I blame yorubas, benues, sobos & a section of south south like ikwerres & ijaws.

Na their foolishness dey responsible for this animal farm we are living in.

They rather live in abject servitude or receive a hand out like dogs for the rest of their lives than break a sweat for their freedom.

I don't think there's any such thing as complete freedom.. Let's see it this way. In Nigeria, the south west see the north as a check and balance for the south east, the north central also see the rest of the country as a check and balance to the north east and north west. Even if you divide the country into 6 regions, the differences continue, in the east for instance, the anambra would like to dominate while the ebonyi man would rather the Imo person stay relevant as a check to the anambra. Same with the south west, south south etc..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by illiad: 10:26pm On May 21, 2015
socialmediaman:

I don't think there's any such thing as complete freedom.. Let's see it this way. In Nigeria, the south west see the north as a check and balance for the south east, the north central also see the rest of the country as a check and balance to the north east and north west. Even if you divide the country into 6 regions, the differences continue, in the east for instance, the anambra would like to dominate while the ebonyi man would rather the Imo person stay relevant as a check to the anambra. Same with the south west, south south etc..

So then you're saying that how the country is currently constructed is the best for all of us?

Well if that's your submission, I would gladly inform you that going by how the country is currently constituted, Nigeria as a country would be going nowhere in hundred years time, in terms of development or advancement in general.

The north as it is, would always remain a burden to be yoked by the rest of the country.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2015
Chibuhealth:
Who ask you? We all know you have planned to suck the blood of baboons as you said earlier. Old foo.l
A beautiful lady with a stinky heart......u better change ur orientation and inculcate good manner!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by socialmediaman: 10:36pm On May 21, 2015
illiad:

So then you're saying that how the country is currently constructed is the best for all of us?

Well if that's your submission, I would gladly inform you that going by how the country is currently constituted, Nigeria as a country would be going nowhere in hundred years time, in terms of development or advancement in general.

The north as it is, would always remain a burden to be yoked by the rest of the country.

Actually there are differences and divisions in many parts of the world, take for instance, the U.S.; the north and south went to war at some point in history around the slave trade era and certain divisions have remained.

In our case in Nigeria, I do maintain that our major problem is corruption and self centered ambition, not ethnicity. We tend to focus on the wrong things.. Tell me, how many of us would protest against unemployment in this country if we're employed? And how many would protest non-payment of wages if they're unemployed. But we'll gladly do this for political leaders for peanuts, to help them achieve their selfish interests that sometimes don't necessarily benefit us

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Oforleta(m): 10:51pm On May 21, 2015
This President elect is talking too much, he is beginning to talk nonsense. Why reminding us of ur 2011 atrocities

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by SOUNDKING: 10:57pm On May 21, 2015
IdiAmin1:

ana m ekili onye ugwu ahu in 3D,oche na anyi amaghi ihe ona agho.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by pure2012soul(m): 11:06pm On May 21, 2015
illiad:

Seconded
Thirded grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 21, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by buzquet(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2015
Yes!!!!!! He did d normal tin. Hez no hero. We all saw wht hapen to Laurent Gbagbo 4 disrupting election process

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 21, 2015
Are they just knowing now....
#GEJ a peaceful man

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Would’ve Been In Crisis If Jonathan Disputed Elections – Buhari by hamaworld(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2015
Which of d Buhari

D story just d go up & down lyk child play.

When did Jonathan visit him personally to congratulating him. All I know is that Jonah called.

Or maybe d tym Jonah visited Buhari...I was in sambisa for honey moon grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Laolu Akande Denies Liking Tweet Insulting Buhari, Cites “Touch Error” / Buhari Replies Ortom, Expresses Disappointment Over Governor’s Attack On Him / Oguntoye, Overall Best In NDA 60RC Killed By Boko Haram (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.