Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol (2780 Views)

AMAZING! Stove Which Uses Tiger Battery To Cook Seen In Aba (photos) / Unboiling An Egg And Other Achievements That Were Awarded At The Ig Nobel Award / How To Boil An Egg Using Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by Anuoluwap(m): 10:26pm On May 21, 2015
Experiment: did you know you don't actually need heat in order to cook an egg? Cooking occurs when proteins are denatured, so any process that produces a chemical change in protein can "cook" food. Here's a simple science project that demonstrates you can cook an egg in alcohol.
Materials •raw egg •alcohol (vodka, rubbing alcohol if it's high percent alcohol, any other high- proof alcohol) If you use vodka or other ethanol, technically the egg will be edible, but it probably won't taste all that great. You can't eat the egg if you cook it used denatured alcohol, rubbing alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, or methanol. The egg cooks more quickly if the percentage of alcohol is as high as possible. Ideally, use 90% alcohol or higher.

***Procedure: What could be easier?***

1. Pour alcohol into a glass or other small container.
2. Crack the egg and place it in the alcohol.
3. Wait for the egg to cook. Now, the egg would cook a lot more quickly if you boiled it the regular way because you have to wait for alcohol to work its way into the egg. The reaction takes an hour or more to reach completion.
My feelings are on the waters, flowing, lying flat on the back of a black horse is that rigid feeling, riding into eternity. I keep pondering and wondering when will it be over for this perpetual feeling of mine? New feelings I sought after.
#willSURVIVE.

In the word of William Barclay...He said 'There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why.

3.74first 3.71second 3.73
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by wise7(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2015
Just in case
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by espn(m): 10:39pm On May 21, 2015
what of d health implication?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by Nellizzy(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2015
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by ademega(m): 11:15pm On May 21, 2015
Flash me...
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 22, 2015
I no do tongue
Egg wey go make person high grin
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by DEIFIED(m): 8:52am On May 23, 2015
Shiooo, nah wah. I better boil my egg with a candle light than using acohol.
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 23, 2015
Hmm,drunk in egg
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by sinaj(f): 8:25pm On May 23, 2015
fenk op smiley

jux learnt one

buh I cnt wait for hours to boil egg
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by Svelteb(f): 5:00pm On May 25, 2015
its gud to learn new things every time but thank u op, gas/kerosene neva scarce reach dat level.....i can't wait dat veryyyyyyyy long for egg fah, if i wan com cook beans nko?
Re: How To Cook An Egg With Alcohol by xmich(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2015
Waist of time and resources,

Imagine me cooking egg with kai kai when there is water

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate The Latest Glo Data Cheat For 2020 / Looking For Ethical Hacking Course In Abuja / Olubunmi Agusto Emerges The First Nigerian To Win Microsoft Medal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.