Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:44 AM

Pls I Need Your Help Urgently - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Need Your Help Urgently (830 Views)

Please Help Urgently Need These / Smoking Toyota Tundra. Help Urgently Needed. / Please Need Your Help Urgently(my Honda Car Back Tire Shaking/bumping From 40mph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Your Help Urgently by betterbest: 11:55pm On May 21, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

Pls I need your help. I just bought this naija used Honda Babyboy 2002 model, mileage 086,470, the owner sold it because he wanted to go back to the USA where he based. But I forgot to ask him before he left for the US the last brand of engine oil he uses on the engine. His number isn't going through all efforts to reach him were all availed.
I checked the car's manual and I discovered API certification seal read 5W-20 but the car is 13yrs old. Can I still maintain the same 5w-20 or increase the oil thickness, dunno if I get the questions right. This is my first car though. I'm totally novice when comes to car talk/maintenance.

Pls experts in the house help your guy.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Help Urgently by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:38am On May 22, 2015
betterbest:
Hello Nairalanders,

Pls I need your help. I just bought this naija used Honda Babyboy 2002 model, mileage 086,470, the owner sold it because he wanted to go back to the USA where he based. But I forgot to ask him before he left for the US the last brand of engine oil he uses on the engine. His number isn't going through all efforts to reach him were all availed.
I checked the car's manual and I discovered API certification seal read 5W-20 but the car is 13yrs old. Can I still maintain the same 5w-20 or increase the oil thickness, dunno if I get the questions right. This is my first car though. I'm totally novice when comes to car talk/maintenance.

If I were in your shoes I would use the 5w20 first and if there's no oil short, ill stick with it.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Urgently by honmusa(m): 5:41am On May 22, 2015
betterbest:
Hello Nairalanders,

U can place your order for the best quality 5w20 synthetic oil @ affordable price .Contact autologic @ 08061166316.

Re: Pls I Need Your Help Urgently by betterbest: 7:47am On May 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If I were in your shoes I would use the 5w20 first and if there's no oil short, ill stick with it.

Lemme wait for more comments. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Urgently by betterbest: 11:17am On May 22, 2015
Pls don't just view... Comment. Thanks
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Urgently by jum33: 5:33pm On May 22, 2015
If your manufacturer recommendation is 5w20 ,what else suggestion do need ?U try first with what is recommended and move on from their .
Since i have switched to my manufacturer grade of oil ,i have noticed a tremendous change in my engine performance and fuel mileage for the better .
Re: Pls I Need Your Help Urgently by betterbest: 8:19pm On May 22, 2015
jum33:
If your manufacturer recommendation is 5w20 ,what else suggestion do need ?U try first with what is recommended and move on from their .
Since i have switched to my manufacturer grade of oil ,i have noticed a tremendous change in my engine performance and fuel mileage for the better .

OK. I'll try what u suggest. Just wanna be careful. Thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

Yutide !!! Free Scanning Available For Resident Of Abeokuta Road Axis ,lagos / Buyers Be Warned / 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Spy Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.