Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos (47179 Views)

Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) / 5 Things Only Those Born With A Wooden Spoon Understand! / Photo: 52-year Old Woman Delivers Baby With Traditional Beads In Her Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by FitnessNigeria: 10:11am On May 22, 2015
Hehehehe.

Scam

Na the put the beads for the baby hands.

If believe this, you might as well believe that you are stupid.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by mindworx: 10:11am On May 22, 2015
Dyt:
Yimu but u can call the baby
Orishafunmi
grin grin

Orishabunmi will be fine.

Osun a gbe wa o .. lol

1 Like

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by brilliant5(m): 10:12am On May 22, 2015
plzzz oh. can we stop posting lies
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by tucky200(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2015
Editor1:
I smell Lies

She should have come complete with her leg beads, ear rings, shoes and headtie...with a strong letter from Sango.

Bead ko, Chain ni.

Abeg who knows the winner of the 2015 Presidential election in Nigeria...I am at an interview now.
Umaru musa yar'adua

1 Like

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by olaarie(m): 10:13am On May 22, 2015
All liars will go to hell fire......
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by sallyjegz(f): 10:15am On May 22, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
question for the gods.. Let's ask ifa.
may God help you.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by deadie(m): 10:15am On May 22, 2015
The real question is: "where did they buy/steal that poor baby from?"
A pity that a newspaper like the Guardian can promote this crap as true.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by rummmy: 10:15am On May 22, 2015
Yorubas lieing since 1800AD..nxt month a baby will be born with laptop and phone in oyo state...yeye ppl
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 10:16am On May 22, 2015
Chinum:
Hmmm grin

Despite adopting several family planning strategies, a 52-year-old grandmother, Mrs. Funke Adamson, has ended up giving birth to a baby girl clutching white ‘Ileke’ (Yoruba name for beads) on her hands. Funke, a traditional worshipper said she was delivered of the baby that has now been described by many as a “miracle child” on Monday, May 11, 2015 at a Trado-medical home in Apapa.

Speaking to Vanguard, she said: “I received a message from an Osun Custodian who said that a child is on the way for me. I didn’t believe him. I didn’t realize until the baby was three and half month old when I began to experienced flow of membranous fluid.”

When Vanguard visited the home of the Adamson at No.16 Olayinka Street, Ijora, Apapa-Iganmu Local Council Development Area, LCDA last Monday during the naming ceremony, it was gathered that Funke and her husband, Mr. Hamzat Adamson, 63-year-old never planned to have a child at this time.

Sources said that Funke who celebrated her 50 years birthday two years ago had already entered her menopause age. The baby named Bukola came three years after another 32-year-old single mother, Mrs. Kikelomo Ilori was delivered of a baby boy in a Cherubim & Seraphim Church, purportedly clutching a Holy Quran. On the signs discovered during her pregnancy, Funke noted that prior to her discovery, she couldn’t sleep comfortably for two months.

“So I started praying before I later discovered that I was pregnant. Also, while trying to open a perfume, it caught fire, which made me suffer severe burns. After discovering the pregnancy, I couldn’t sleep without having a dream. In these dreams, I often found myself sitting at the shore,” Funke added. After her birth, the grandmother explained that the traditional healers who attended to her raised alarm that they found the baby clutching white beads.

“When I heard this, I was afraid. I told them to inform my husband for any possible solution. Rather than demand that they discard the beads, he said they should be kept. After regaining my strength I removed the beads and tied it on her wrist,” she said. Corroborating her story, the husband, Hamzat said “I was surprised when I saw the baby delivered holding beads in his hands. But I realized that the beads are important and that was why we have decided not to throw it away.”

Similarly, Rashidat Ojesanmi, the Osun custodian who gave the family the prophesy said “I was consulting the deities when I got the revelation that she would be blessed with a unique gift, which I told her. But she didn’t believe. Later, when the revelation was further revealed that she will be blessed with an important child, she declined, saying that she cannot conceive at her age.

She said so because of the family planning she had earlier done and considering her age. But as prophesied, few months later, she called me and told me of the signs she discovered.” Also speaking, a midwife, Mrs. Adenike Adeyemo, described the case as one out of ten cases, saying “it is rare to have such cases because at this age, the woman may have entered menopause stage.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/baby-born-with-traditional-beads-in-lagos/#sthash.Ynoq9Hzc.dpuf
big lie.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by 4reala(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2015
Pls o, is dis baby not more than a month old or is my eyes deceiving me?
Chinum:
Hmmm grin

Despite adopting several family planning strategies, a 52-year-old grandmother, Mrs. Funke Adamson, has ended up giving birth to a baby girl clutching white ‘Ileke’ (Yoruba name for beads) on her hands. Funke, a traditional worshipper said she was delivered of the baby that has now been described by many as a “miracle child” on Monday, May 11, 2015 at a Trado-medical home in Apapa.

Speaking to Vanguard, she said: “I received a message from an Osun Custodian who said that a child is on the way for me. I didn’t believe him. I didn’t realize until the baby was three and half month old when I began to experienced flow of membranous fluid.”

When Vanguard visited the home of the Adamson at No.16 Olayinka Street, Ijora, Apapa-Iganmu Local Council Development Area, LCDA last Monday during the naming ceremony, it was gathered that Funke and her husband, Mr. Hamzat Adamson, 63-year-old never planned to have a child at this time.

Sources said that Funke who celebrated her 50 years birthday two years ago had already entered her menopause age. The baby named Bukola came three years after another 32-year-old single mother, Mrs. Kikelomo Ilori was delivered of a baby boy in a Cherubim & Seraphim Church, purportedly clutching a Holy Quran. On the signs discovered during her pregnancy, Funke noted that prior to her discovery, she couldn’t sleep comfortably for two months.

“So I started praying before I later discovered that I was pregnant. Also, while trying to open a perfume, it caught fire, which made me suffer severe burns. After discovering the pregnancy, I couldn’t sleep without having a dream. In these dreams, I often found myself sitting at the shore,” Funke added. After her birth, the grandmother explained that the traditional healers who attended to her raised alarm that they found the baby clutching white beads.

“When I heard this, I was afraid. I told them to inform my husband for any possible solution. Rather than demand that they discard the beads, he said they should be kept. After regaining my strength I removed the beads and tied it on her wrist,” she said. Corroborating her story, the husband, Hamzat said “I was surprised when I saw the baby delivered holding beads in his hands. But I realized that the beads are important and that was why we have decided not to throw it away.”

Similarly, Rashidat Ojesanmi, the Osun custodian who gave the family the prophesy said “I was consulting the deities when I got the revelation that she would be blessed with a unique gift, which I told her. But she didn’t believe. Later, when the revelation was further revealed that she will be blessed with an important child, she declined, saying that she cannot conceive at her age.

She said so because of the family planning she had earlier done and considering her age. But as prophesied, few months later, she called me and told me of the signs she discovered.” Also speaking, a midwife, Mrs. Adenike Adeyemo, described the case as one out of ten cases, saying “it is rare to have such cases because at this age, the woman may have entered menopause stage.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/baby-born-with-traditional-beads-in-lagos/#sthash.Ynoq9Hzc.dpuf
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by tellwisdom: 10:18am On May 22, 2015
Scam sad
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Acekidc4(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2015
Editor1:
Abeg who knows the winner of the 2015 Presidential election in Nigeria...I am at an interview now.

You Need Just Two Gun Bullets in that Ya Block Head!!

You dey Sleep when dem dey do Election up till Now Ni

Oya Take Two Bullet for ya Head!! Stand Still Oh make I Position Well!!

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by inimitkel(m): 10:18am On May 22, 2015
4r reals?
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Chinum: 10:18am On May 22, 2015
4reala:
Pls o, is dis baby not more than a month old or is my eyes deceiving me?

U don forget say na miracle baby? grin
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by funkybully(f): 10:19am On May 22, 2015
The quack nurse that delivered her smuggled those beads into d child's hands at d point of delivery while d mother was in pain.

Yeye dey smell.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 10:20am On May 22, 2015
Abeg wat part of d tissue in a her body or d food she ate formed d beads? abi d old woman mistakenly swallow bead? undecided #JustSaying
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Chinum: 10:21am On May 22, 2015
Editor1:

Acekidc4:

You Need Just Two Gun Bullets in that Ya Block Head!!

You dey Sleep when dem dey do Election up till Now Ni

Oya Take Two Bullet for ya Head!! Stand Still Oh make I Position Well!!

grin grin
I support.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by eleko1: 10:21am On May 22, 2015
undecided Any problem?The name dey give u headache?
blym4real:

why do you always mention VICKYROTEX in your comment?
She is a goddess,amazon,a priceless mama cool
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by eminikansoso(m): 10:22am On May 22, 2015
Samirana360:
Yoruba and juju is lik father and son....Southwest people, full of wonders
You better change before hand over day or else you will taking to Yaba left.
Ewu Congo

2 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by akigbemaru: 10:24am On May 22, 2015
Baby born with traditional beads.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by 9jatatafo(m): 10:25am On May 22, 2015
This story is hard to believe. The OP said the mother of the baby is already in her menopause, again the story claimed she is on family planning. Which kind talk be this?
Anyway fine baby welcome to the world, you were playing in your world when papa and mama did the thing and you came.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by ThisMeansWAR: 10:29am On May 22, 2015
sallyjegz:
may God help you.
may the gods help you

1 Like

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by kenoz(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2015
Hmmm! End Time things
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by 0b1nna: 10:30am On May 22, 2015
That looks like an ear ring on the child's left earlobe, if so that means the child's a female. How come they said "with beads in his hand"?
Anyways, those fingers look much older than the face. This aint no miracle child, if you ask me.
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by ThisMeansWAR: 10:31am On May 22, 2015
Samirana360:
it's than better being a cannibal

Igbo and cannibalism is like father and son... South East people of munchers

2 Likes

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by virus04(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2015
this one na automatic queen! Abi?? i get am?
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Macelliot(m): 10:34am On May 22, 2015
Samirana360:
Stop it! Am an Igbo.. I don't like seeing such...
It won't improve anything!
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by eminikansoso(m): 10:35am On May 22, 2015
rummmy:
Yorubas lieing since 1800AD..nxt month a baby will be born with laptop and phone in oyo state...yeye ppl
Na your papa and mama be yeye
your papa made mistakes by not putting on condom in the day he ejected that silly sperm that metamorphed into a foolish being you are. A condom would have prevented all these garbages you are vomiting
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Omotall(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2015
make i go see d baby myself with edoairways

Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Nobody: 10:37am On May 22, 2015
Editor1:
I smell Lies

She should have come complete with her leg beads, ear rings, shoes and headtie...with a strong letter from Sango.

Bead ko, Chain ni.

Uncle Jona grin grin
Re: Baby Born With Traditional Beads In Lagos by Samirana360(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2015
eminikansoso:
You better change before hand over day or else you will taking to Yaba left. Ewu Congo
Mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girl Confesses That Her Mother Gave Her Rat Poison To Put In Her Father's Food / I Just Need A Family / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.