Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) (84095 Views)

2017/2018 UNILORIN Postgraduate Form Is Out / UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2016/2017) / DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by bnabeelah(f): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2015
Mr Ogbu is a scammer. He will ask u 2 send recharge card worth 2000. After doing dat nthn will b done and he won't pick ur call.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by 3aces(f): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
lummyguy:
Guys please how soon would the candidate assessment be sent to the referees? i have made mistakes with email addresses but hope to inform my referees to create d email addresses i af filled in before time. i neva knew hw important the addy was until now plus i was hasting to meet deadline. Is it possible to meet d secretary after the test and inform her about mistakes with the emails so that referees would be contacted via d original emails before 30th of July...Please house i need ur advice...especially those who have applied at Uniilorin before...Am putting in for Msc Mass communication

my friend also made dt mistake.. he assumed dey weren't gonna b contacted and just wrote deir names as deir emails.. fortunately for him he registered very early. . so when he went to the school to submit his form he was informed dt dey wld b contacted. . so he wrote a letter at d pg school explaining he made a mistake.. dey re opened his portal for him to make d corrections. . now I dunno if dey cld still do dt seein as reg closes today..
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by lummyguy: 9:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
3aces:

my friend also made dt mistake.. he assumed dey weren't gonna b contacted and just wrote deir names as deir emails.. fortunately for him he registered very early. . so when he went to the school to submit his form he was informed dt dey wld b contacted. . so he wrote a letter at d pg school explaining he made a mistake.. dey re opened his portal for him to make d corrections. . now I dunno if dey cld still do dt seein as reg closes today..

Thanx dearie....Since the submission of supporting documents ends 31st July...don't you think i stand a chance after the test on the 18th to do the needful...I will still go ahead go get process my transcript...Or what do u suggest?

One of my referee's email is correct..D second one has opened d email i filled in..was lucky its still available.. Just d last person now...it's just d last person... She tried opening d one i filled in but it was unavailable.... Is it compulsory three of the referees assess? and as anyone's referee gotten assessment forms already??
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Divami: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2015
Yes. Two of my referees have responded to d email sent them from d pg scl
lummyguy:

Thanx dearie....Since the submission of supporting documents ends 31st July...don't you think i stand a chance after the test on the 18th to do the needful...I will still go ahead go get process my transcript...Or what do u suggest?

One of my referee's email is correct..D second one has opened d email i filled in..was lucky its still available.. Just d last person now...it's just d last person... She tried opening d one i filled in but it was unavailable.... Is it compulsory three of the referees assess? and as anyone's referee gotten assessment forms already??
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by lummyguy: 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Divami:

Tanx Divami..but please when did you complete ur application? cos i did my on Friday 25th of June
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Legendre2(m): 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2015
otabuko:
we just reasoning,don't pick offense...

No offense taken at all.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 5:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Divami:
Please how did you know they have responded.. Did they send you an email
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 5:06am On Jul 01, 2015
Divami:
Please how did you know they have responded.. Did they send you an email from unilorin
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 5:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Legendre2:

No offense taken at all.
Thanks dear.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 6:01am On Jul 01, 2015
Damilare6293:

Please how did you know they have responded.. Did they send you an email from unilorin
You'd only know when your REFEREES tell you They've responded, all my REFEREES have responded.... No email from unilorin!
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by tolextony(m): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2015
Just an advice for those coming from other schools that are to write the entrance exam,tryna visit your dept ,get the past questions and practise it.. The exam isn't as easy as normal undergraduate entrance exam,it's basically 300l and 400l syllabus... The admission into pg school is mostly based on merit and the cutoff marks are determined by each dept,this depends on the number of people the dept wanna admit(cutoff is basically above 50% for normal candidates). Your class doesn't matter(for those writting exam) some 2'2 will be admitted,whereas 1st class will miss out(it happened last year).. And for those havin issues wit referees, it's beta you correct it ASAP at pg school,the secretary is a nice and accommodative person,all your problems will be rectified there.. Referee is very important,it doesn't matter what your scores is,if you don't have atleast 2 referees, no admission.. For those without nysc cert, if you're a unilorin product, you can apply, lotta people were admitted last year without the cert, just upload and summit your id card.. I was at pg school last week, and it's pasted there that supporting documents are to be submitted. These include, nysc cert, degree cert, o.level cert, application form and receipt. All documents are to be enclosed in brown envelop.. Nat sure if it's compulsory, you can confirm it yourself.. If you need past question for entrance exam into chm dept, you can pm me,i guess i still av it wt me here.. Wish you peepz all the best...
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Divami: 8:07am On Jul 01, 2015
I spoke wit my referees
Damilare6293:

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Divami: 8:09am On Jul 01, 2015
2nd week of june
lummyguy:

Tanx Divami..but please when did you complete ur application? cos i did my on Friday 25th of June
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 8:24am On Jul 01, 2015
tolextony:
Just an advice for those coming from other schools that are to write the entrance exam,tryna visit your dept ,get the past questions and practise it.. The exam isn't as easy as normal undergraduate entrance exam,it's basically 300l and 400l syllabus... The admission into pg school is mostly based on merit and the cutoff marks are determined by each dept,this depends on the number of people the dept wanna admit(cutoff is basically above 50% for normal candidates). Your class doesn't matter(for those writting exam) some 2'2 will be admitted,whereas 1st class will miss out(it happened last year).. And for those havin issues wit referees, it's beta you correct it ASAP at pg school,the secretary is a nice and accommodative person,all your problems will be rectified there.. Referee is very important,it doesn't matter what your scores is,if you don't have atleast 2 referees, no admission.. For those without nysc cert, if you're a unilorin product, you can apply, lotta people were admitted last year without the cert, just upload and summit your id card.. I was at pg school last week, and it's pasted there that supporting documents are to be submitted. These include, nysc cert, degree cert, o.level cert, application form and receipt. All documents are to be enclosed in brown envelop.. Nat sure if it's compulsory, you can confirm it yourself.. If you need past question for entrance exam into chm dept, you can pm me,i guess i still av it wt me here.. Wish you peepz all the best...
PLs i have an issue, i filled D7 in my English @ o'level but it's suppose to be C5, but i uploaded my o'level cert any way, is this gonna be a problem?if yes, how do i rectify it pls,thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by tolextony(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2015
otabuko:
PLs i have an issue, i filled D7 in my English @ o'level but it's suppose to be C5, but i uploaded my o'level cert any way, is this gonna be a problem?if yes, how do i rectify it pls,thanks

i don't think that should be a problem,but to be on the safer side(cos am sure you won't free your mind off it till the list is out by oct or nov), just go to pg school, your portal will be re-opened and you can make necessary correction
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by lummyguy: 11:03am On Jul 01, 2015
tolextony:

Thanx for the information. Please will it still be timely if i meet the Secretary on d 7th of July on d referee issue...as i am currently on transcript application with my school..I already sent a mail on same issue to the dean of PG school and the d help desk. what do u think bro?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by tolextony(m): 2:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
lummyguy:

Thanx for the information. Please will it still be timely if i meet the Secretary on d 7th of July on d referee issue...as i am currently on transcript application with my school..I already sent a mail on same issue to the dean of PG school and the d help desk. what do u think bro?

it's alright.. They will definitely attend to you there..
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Pls this information is vital.. I spoke with the Postgraduate school.. I was told that we are to submit in person the supporting documents with the printed application forms and receipt..please if you are far u can submit it during the exams.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by champ0621(m): 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
Damilare6293:
Pls this information is vital.. I spoke with the Postgraduate school.. I was told that we are to submit in person the supporting documents with the printed application forms and receipt..please if you are far u can submit it during the exams.

Thanks.
My referees have not gotten any mail yet. I assume that they are sending mails to referees in order of submissions. I completed and submitted my application form on the 29th of last month.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
tolextony:

i don't think that should be a problem,but to be on the safer side(cos am sure you won't free your mind off it till the list is out by oct or nov), just go to pg school, your portal will be re-opened and you can make necessary correction
I shall be in Ilorin maybe 5days to the exam, so I'd have time to do the needful... Thanks for the help!
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 7:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
champ0621:

Thanks.
My referees have not gotten any mail yet. I assume that they are sending mails to referees in order of submissions. I completed and submitted my application form on the 29th of last month.
If They've not gotten any mail till now, you may want to confirm from them if their mails are active oh because, they're supposed to get the mail automatically minutes after your submission!
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by 4soft(m): 10:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
Thanks guy!! Pls am going for computer science and I registered very early.. And wasn't sent a mail
(2).I filled for just one referrer instead of 3 though I can swear that wen I filled the online form it was just one I saw.. Pls now I hv submitted and hearing they sending mail to our refs what do I do??
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by 9Ace: 3:06am On Jul 02, 2015
4soft:
Thanks guy!! Pls am going for computer science and I registered very early.. And wasn't sent a mail
(2).I filled for just one referrer instead of 3 though I can swear that wen I filled the online form it was just one I saw.. Pls now I hv submitted and hearing they sending mail to our refs what do I do??

You did not make any mistake. The number of referees was not specified for applicants that submitted earlier and like you, I also included just one name of referee on my application. The only way to re-open your portal to effect the necessary corrections is to write a letter addressed to the dean of the postgraduate school. You will state the reasons why you are requesting for the re-opening of your portal and attach a copy of your receipt(you can print the payment receipt from your portal) . The letter should be delivered by hand to the dean's secretary. Mine was re-opened under 48 hours and and I have since effected the corrections
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by 4soft(m): 9:11am On Jul 02, 2015
@9Ace: thanks pls tell me more on how to go about the letter and submission
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by 9Ace: 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
4soft:
@9Ace: thanks pls tell me more on how to go about the letter and submission

Find time to visit the postgraduate school. Go to room 15 to table your complaints. The secretary will direct you to write a letter addressed to the Dean of postgraduate school. You will attach a copy of your payment receipt to the letter and then submit same to the secretary. I submitted my letter on the 17th of last month and my portal was re-opened on the 19th.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by dhope: 2:01am On Jul 03, 2015
i was told d applicatn has been extended to july 15th. can someone close to schl pls confirm this rumour?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by nifton(m): 8:45am On Jul 03, 2015
dhope:
i was told d applicatn has been extended to july 15th. can someone close to schl pls confirm this rumour?
Now hw pure is dis.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by nifton(m): 8:45am On Jul 03, 2015
dhope:
Now hw pure is dis?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by xrazzy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
dhope:
A friend of mine started and completed his application on 2nd of this month.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by layems02: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2015
Pls is this extension rumour true?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 12:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
layems02:
Pls is this extension rumour true?
it is likely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

What Is The Highest Monthly Salary You Have Had As A Sec Or Pry School Teacher? / 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees 2017 / OAU Lecturer Sends Student Out Of Class Over Indecent Dressing & Rude Behaviour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.