Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! (608 Views)

Submit Your Url For Review, And Get Quality Backlinks Here / Drop Your Website Or Blog Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic / Submit Your Website Url For Review, And Get Good Backlinks And Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by 234select: 7:56pm On May 22, 2015
Hello All,

I recently deployed my site, http://www.234select.com. The idea behind the site is to create a community or forum where users can post links, vote to rank them, and discuss the important news of the day...or just post anything that interests you.

Would get much like it if you guys could take a look at the site and let me know what you think. Please be honest and nit pick but be constructive. Would like to flesh it out as much as possible.

Few known issues to note:

- Mobile view still needs styling adjustmentsIf you create a post your avatar may not show up for other users.A default image is set if you are posting without linking to an actual URL. Can't upload your thumbnail image.
- Some touch events on mobile do not respond well on all devices.

I am also looking for people interested in partnering up together to work on this project, so if interested or have some experience growing a community send me an email at info@234select.com

Thanks for your help. Feel free to follow me on social as well (twitter, instagram and Facebook). Handle is 234select.
Re: Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by 234select: 10:14am On May 24, 2015
please. good bad anything
Re: Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by webzyweb(m): 11:14am On May 24, 2015
good use of bootstrap for the layout,

for the "load more" text that links to the best 20 , employ query of the database to load them and while loading, employ a loader.gif incase of people accessing with slow network.

Also make the container class have a class of container-fluid.
Re: Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by 234select: 4:44pm On May 24, 2015
webzyweb:
good use of bootstrap for the layout,
for the "load more" text that links to the best 20 , employ query of the database to load them and while loading, employ a loader.gif incase of people accessing with slow network.
Also make the container class have a class of container-fluid.

Thank you! There actually should be a loader gif, but will investigate why it is not showing up. Adding the .container-fluid class now.
Re: Recently Launched Site, Sign Up, Help Me Review And Let Me Know Your Thoughts! by webzyweb(m): 6:15pm On May 24, 2015
ok good. extend the fucntionalities of the website too instead of only sending external links.

(1) (Reply)

Professional E-commerce Site Needed / Get The Best Wordpress Theme Nw For Ur Website@ N3,000 Only, Cal 08133833369 Now / I Need Traffic For My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.