Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,390 members, 7,800,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown (27621 Views)

FG Raises Panel To Probe Fanta, Sprite Content / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down / Nigeria Picks Kogi, Akwa Ibom For Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by buharisambisada: 10:41pm On May 22, 2015
Who do man a do man do body the evil trap you set for an innocent man would end up catching you.

luvinhubby:
High time Nigerians rise up deal with this issue of persistent strikes by oil workers.
The senate wanted to amend our labour laws to address the issue of using strikes as a bargaining tool by labour unions in 2012 but was resisted by APC senators like Ngige & Gbenga Ashafa because it was PDP in power, today it is APC, we will wait & see how Buhari's govt will roll with these greedy Shylocks called oil workers union.

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 22, 2015
Olushauneddy:
What will need is TOTAL revolution. Nigerians are coward and very panic-like people.They want God to descend from HIS throne with AK47 and grenades to fight for them.

You can start bro, then others will follow but its not advisable now as there is a newly democratic govt taking over next week, so let's wait and see before we give the revolution a final thought.

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by idupaul: 10:50pm On May 22, 2015
Its never been this difficult.

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 22, 2015
cramjones:
[size=20pt]Shut the F**K up Mr. Foolish Perm sec and give us light! Is it Rocket Science? Is electricity as difficult as dy/dx? Are we that foolish that light has now become like constructing a Robot with Artificial intelligence? What the hell! These idiots need to be shot in broad day light! Every day you will hear "Nigeria now has 4000MW" Sorry "It has dropped to 2800MW" Are we even supposed to know the meaning of Mega Watts? Haba? All we need to see is light, I don't care to know how much we are producing...No Nigerian cares...they just want light in their homes. Is that hard to understand Mr Perm Sec?[/size]

-CramJones

Bros did you bother to read at all? Does electricity come from the moon? It is generated by firing turbines and turbines can be fired by gas. if the gas is absent I'm sure by magic they can generate electricity.

And to think some of you claim to be educated...

#EducatedIlliterate

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Raziii(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2015
Wish I can vent!!! My goodness... Queued up for 4hrs to buy fuel at the rate of 200 per litres today...nw I am here bearing the heat cus no light!!! And the bad luck man wanted to take us to the moon!!! Look at the mess he is leaving us with! Just look at how we leaving everyday like we r refugees... Mbaka said it... From goodluck to bad luck!... Everything he touched has gone bad!!! Wish I can vent!!!

7 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by omenka(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2015
This has got to be the most embarrassing highlight of Jo's admin. The dude is a total disaster.

Which private owners was the OML transferred to?? Why has Jo chosen to make it impossible for the incoming admin to succeed?? This is so petty.

Smh.

6 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 22, 2015
So if GEJ won , that means Nigeria would have gone to the ground. Chei! So Buhari will inherit epileptic power supply and fuel scarcity problems, talk about making the country ungovernable! I didn't even mention the local and foreign debts. God have mercy on our nation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by dejdel(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2015
Thank God for his mercy,at least we've done the necessary thing by showing GEJ the way out. God will surely throw them into darkness as they are doing to us. GEJ is nothing but a big fool.

6 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by nairation: 10:57pm On May 22, 2015
WhiZTiM:

See this man talking from the comfort of his home... If I give you an AK47 Assault rifle can you go to Sambisa and shoot someone?

I know our govt is a federal scam... But Territorial electricity generation is orders of magnitude more difficult than dy/dx.

I hope the new government just improves it.
Quite frankly, we blame the government... But the biggest problem is that the average Nigerian is damn greedy...

Just shut up and try to understand that he is very much pained by the issue....

5 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:57pm On May 22, 2015
Pavore9:
Dem no well,who are they raising the alarm for? 1,327 megawatts after 16years of return to civil rule........l can boldly say Nigeria's political leadership has been in the hands of Ogbanjes all these while! angry
YOU ARE WRONG! NIGERIA'S political leadership all these while, actually, has been in the hands of demons far more dangerous than Ogbanjes angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Raziii(m): 10:59pm On May 22, 2015
josh4ever:

Bros did you bother to read at all? Does electricity come from the moon? It is generated by firing turbines and turbines can be fired by gas. if the gas is absent I'm sure by magic they can generate electricity.

#EducatedIlliterate
u know the problem with most of you here...u claim u r educated but really u not!!! Who cares how they generate power... All we care about is constant power!!! In most countries...power is one of the easiest infrastructure to give to the people... we r always running short of gas... But we flare gas 24hrs!!! With the anger I feel right nw... I can shot u to death bro!!!

11 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by nairation: 10:59pm On May 22, 2015
josh4ever:

#EducatedIlliterate

Ehen soo?...

how is that our problem...

Was he the one that stopped the gas from going to the turbine

or was he the one that caused PENGASSAN an co to go on strike

If the government was working will there be this problem...

Sympathetic Hypocrite

8 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Chubhie: 10:59pm On May 22, 2015
The African mind derives joy in making life difficult for himself and his fellow blackman. Is Nigeria cursed? Democracy is not just our thing let's be honest with ourselves.

How do we explain the logic of spending trillions to chase elections yet can't pay workers nor generate light. Can't we just realise this cycle every 4years?

10 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by mashnino(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2015
Raziii:
u know the problem with most of you here...u claim u r educated but really u not!!! Who cares how they generate power... All we care about is constant power!!! In most countries...power is one of the easiest infrastructure to give to the people... we r always running short of gas... But we flare gas 24hrs!!! With the anger I feel right nw... I can shot u to death bro!!!

allow am....make him dey dre dey run him mouth like nyash wey dey purge

dey dre dey form educated for me.. like say na only am go school...

5 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by otokx(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2015
Is it today perm sec know say e bad wella? Abegi make we hear word.

4 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Pavore9: 11:04pm On May 22, 2015
VoteOutPDPJona:
YOU ARE WRONG! NIGERIA'S political leadership all these while, actually, has been in the hands of demons far more dangerous than Ogbanjes angry angry angry

See upgrading! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by adetension: 11:04pm On May 22, 2015
::: I need job if any nairalander can help me out this is my num if you can call me may the lord help you as you do your best in my life I study civil engineering just ND any assistance I will be so greatful. Here are my number 08108173717 $ 08074619932. GOD bless you as you do
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by IYANGBALI: 11:05pm On May 22, 2015
Oga jonathan,see your life,you have kill Nigeria patapata

3 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by IBROHIM: 11:11pm On May 22, 2015
luvinhubby:
High time Nigerians rise up deal with this issue of persistent strikes by oil workers.
The senate wanted to amend our labour laws to address the issue of using strikes as a bargaining tool by labour unions in 2012 but was resisted by APC senators like Ngige & Gbenga Ashafa because it was PDP in power, today it is APC, we will wait & see how Buhari's govt will roll with these greedy Shylocks called oil workers union.
Ewu Gambia! Wake up! It's not yet 29th may!

3 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by lolaluv1(f): 11:11pm On May 22, 2015
Rowlandjude:
Abuja – The Federal Government on Friday in Abuja raised alarm over dwindling and epileptic electricity supply across the country.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Mr Godknows Igali, made this known after a meeting with Vice-President Namadi Sambo to State House correspondents in Abuja.
Igali, and Prof. Chinedu Nebo, Minister of Power, had briefed Sambo on the state of power generation, transmission and distribution in the country.
\
He said the ongoing strike by Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) and the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas had further worsened the power supply situation.

The workers were protesting the transfer of the operatorship of the Oil Mining Lease (OML) 42 to two indigenous companies, claiming the move would affect the fortunes of NPDC and its staff.

“With the strike which has gone on for one or two days there is dramatic turn as of this afternoon we have gone down for the all time low to 1,327 megawatts.

“So, if you look at it from 4,800 there is dramatic turn, the loss is terrible,’’ Igali said.

He said as at 12 noon May 22, 2015, Utorogu, CHEVRON ORE DO, OB EN gas plants were all shutdown while UGHELI and CNL ESCRAVOS were already isolated.

He said, “on the eastern axis Shell Gas, ALAKIRI has also been shutdown. This has led to the several power plants being stranded and shutdown.

“This includes EGBIN, OLORUNSHOGO I & 11, OMOTOSHO 1& 11, GEREGU I & 11, IHONVOR and SAPELE (NIPP) on the western axis and ALAOJI on the eastern end.’’

According to him, besides, pipeline vandalism which has continued to have very negative impact on the power supply situation in the country, the ongoing strike by the labour unions in the oil and gas sector has added additional toll.

“The overall effect is that power supply which had started picking up steadily since the beginning of the week following repairs of various vandalised portions of the ELP Line and the Trans-Forcados Gas Pipelines, has fallen to all-time-unprecedented low of 1,327m was at 1.00 p.m. May22, 2015.

He, therefore, warned that “situation could get worse if the strike continues’’.
Igali expressed the hope that the ongoing discussion between the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and, the labour unions, would end amicably.

“Indeed, it is hoped the labour unions will help restore supply of gas to the power plants even while negotiation are ongoing.’’(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/fg-raises-alarm-over-dwindling-electricity-supply-power-plants-shutdown/

Didn't they say NPDC does absolutely nothing. And that is why their flow stations are being sold.
Why is this NPDC strike now affecting power supply?

Who is deceiving who?
Mtcheeew!

5 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by millhouse: 11:12pm On May 22, 2015
luvinhubby:
hia
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 22, 2015
ok..so now tgey are just raising alarm.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by justjify(m): 11:13pm On May 22, 2015
Speaking with United Nations diplomats on Monday, 31st
January 2011 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, President
Goodluck Jonathan made this promise:

“If I’m voted into power, within the next four years,
the issue of power will become a thing of the past.
Four years is enough for anyone in power to make a
significant improvement and if I can’t improve on
power within this period, it then means I cannot do
anything…”

Going by his statement, will I be wrong to say Pres. Jonathan hasn't done anything?

9 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Ariyke: 11:18pm On May 22, 2015
letsbet:
i can boldly say that for the past 7 days we had less than 7hours of electricity which is at an all time low. i will be very glad if by the end of GMB's regim there is at least 12hrs of electricity per day. we will be ok, i promise.
no light in my area for the past 8days angry

1 Like

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Hyper85(m): 11:19pm On May 22, 2015
Rowlandjude:
Abuja – The Federal Government on Friday in Abuja raised alarm over dwindling and epileptic electricity supply across the country.
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Power, Mr Godknows Igali, made this known after a meeting with Vice-President Namadi Sambo to State House correspondents in Abuja.
Igali, and Prof. Chinedu Nebo, Minister of Power, had briefed Sambo on the state of power generation, transmission and distribution in the country.
\
He said the ongoing strike by Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) and the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas had further worsened the power supply situation.

The workers were protesting the transfer of the operatorship of the Oil Mining Lease (OML) 42 to two indigenous companies, claiming the move would affect the fortunes of NPDC and its staff.

“With the strike which has gone on for one or two days there is dramatic turn as of this afternoon we have gone down for the all time low to 1,327 megawatts.

“So, if you look at it from 4,800 there is dramatic turn, the loss is terrible,’’ Igali said.

He said as at 12 noon May 22, 2015, Utorogu, CHEVRON ORE DO, OB EN gas plants were all shutdown while UGHELI and CNL ESCRAVOS were already isolated.

He said, “on the eastern axis Shell Gas, ALAKIRI has also been shutdown. This has led to the several power plants being stranded and shutdown.

“This includes EGBIN, OLORUNSHOGO I & 11, OMOTOSHO 1& 11, GEREGU I & 11, IHONVOR and SAPELE (NIPP) on the western axis and ALAOJI on the eastern end.’’

According to him, besides, pipeline vandalism which has continued to have very negative impact on the power supply situation in the country, the ongoing strike by the labour unions in the oil and gas sector has added additional toll.

“The overall effect is that power supply which had started picking up steadily since the beginning of the week following repairs of various vandalised portions of the ELP Line and the Trans-Forcados Gas Pipelines, has fallen to all-time-unprecedented low of 1,327m was at 1.00 p.m. May22, 2015.

He, therefore, warned that “situation could get worse if the strike continues’’.
Igali expressed the hope that the ongoing discussion between the Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation and, the labour unions, would end amicably.

“Indeed, it is hoped the labour unions will help restore supply of gas to the power plants even while negotiation are ongoing.’’(NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/fg-raises-alarm-over-dwindling-electricity-supply-power-plants-shutdown/
. how worse can it get? We are already used to it
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Kingspin(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2015
cramjones:
[size=20pt]Shut the FFK up Mr. Foolish Perm sec and give us light! Is it Rocket Science? Is electricity as difficult as dy/dx? Are we that foolish that light has now become like constructing a Robot with Artificial intelligence? What the hell! These idiots need to be shot in broad day light! Every day you will hear "Nigeria now has 4000MW" Sorry "It has dropped to 2800MW" Are we even supposed to know the meaning of Mega Watts? Haba? All we need to see is light, I don't care to know how much we are producing...No Nigerian cares...they just want light in their homes. Is that hard to understand Mr Perm Sec?[/size]

-CramJones
But the messiah is on his way na? Why crying too loud?
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by mashnino(m): 11:26pm On May 22, 2015
Kingspin:
But the messiah is on his way na? Why crying too loud?

Keep quiet abeg....

nobody is talking about Politicians here...

we want light thats all...

6 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by bakynes(m): 11:33pm On May 22, 2015
If I swear for all you Jonathan supporters hen! if I, If I like someone said this is HELL FIRE. The truth is Buhari is inheriting the worst Government since independence. I doubt if he will be able to do anything in the next one year.

3 Likes

Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Kingspin(m): 11:35pm On May 22, 2015
mashnino:

Keep quiet abeg....

nobody is talking about Politicians here...

we want light thats all...

What do u mean by politicians? Things has be bad for the last 5yrs, so let wait for the only man that can do it.
Re: FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown by Chemistri(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2015
ashile:
na waooh

no fuel no light

wetin man pikin go do naaa

GF pls do something anyhow anyhoww

abeg oooh

heat don finish us ooh
i can't even sleep b/cos of heat. May God heal Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lawmakers Could Override Buhari If He Vetoes Peace Corps Bill – Dogara / Obasanjo Reveals Why Atiku’s And Ekwueme Alliance In 2003 collapsed / Kogi Governorship Crisis: Audu’s Camp Rejects Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.