Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy (17396 Views)

N125m ‘Invisible’ House Rented For Saraki, Senate President / INEC Forged Saraki’s Senate Election Results - PM News (DOCUMENTS PICTURED) / APC Senator-elect, Shehu Sani, Cautions Buhari On ‘first Lady’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Curiouser: 3:22pm On May 23, 2015
Saraki made the announcement on Twitter this afternoon. He wrote "I am grateful that 35 out of 59 APC Senator-elect making majority today endorsed my candidacy as Senate president"

Cc: lalasticlala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 23, 2015
make dem dhe scatter small small
*dancing shoki*

5 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Acekidc4(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2015
Saraki My Man!!

7 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:28pm On May 23, 2015
PDP will decide the senate president

12 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by opeyemmmy(m): 3:38pm On May 23, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
PDP will decide the senate president

Senate president 2019? undecided angry

15 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:40pm On May 23, 2015
opeyemmmy:

Senate president 2019? undecided angry
Whoever they support enmasse wins

9 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by opeyemmmy(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Whoever they support enmasse wins

No. APC, by a simple majority (35 of 59), have chosen Saraki. I expect Akume and Lawan to accept fate and fall in line. With this outcome, all APC senators are expected to push for Saraki's candidacy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:50pm On May 23, 2015
opeyemmmy:

No. APC, by a simple majority (35 of 59), have chosen Saraki. I expect Akume and Lawan to accept fate and fall in line. With this outcome, all APC senators are expected to push for Saraki's candidacy.
How can 35 chose the senate president of 109 senators

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by opeyemmmy(m): 3:58pm On May 23, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
How can 35 chose the senate president of 109 senators

No. Did you miss the part I wrote "with this outcome, all APC senators are expected to push for Saraki's candidacy"? So if 59 of 109 senators support Saraki, how would PDP determine the senate president?

14 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:00pm On May 23, 2015
opeyemmmy:

No. Did you miss the part I wrote "with this outcome, all APC senators are expected to push for Saraki's candidacy"? So if 59 of 109 senators support Saraki, how would PDP determine the senate president?
There is no way all 59 senators will support saraku but if it happens then gud for him

5 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by OduaVanguard: 4:04pm On May 23, 2015
Whoever gets at least 55 votes automatically wins the seat, so it ain't over till the fat lady sings. Btw, David mark supports Lawan.

6 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by theV0ice: 4:08pm On May 23, 2015
They've endorsed, does it mean they're bound to vote for him? Is that not the same way GEJ was being endorsed left right and centre before GMB beat him? Is that not the same way Atiku was also being endorsed everywhere before GMB got party ticket?

I like the demeanor of GMB to the whole thing: he couldn't careless who wins eventually.

after they're done with their politics, may the best candidate win

19 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Young03(m): 4:09pm On May 23, 2015
They should conduct primaries 4 them

to avoid hatred and acrimony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by OduaVanguard: 4:30pm On May 23, 2015
theV0ice:
They've endorsed, does it mean they're bound to vote for him? Is that not the same way GEJ was being endorsed left right and centre before GMB beat him? Is that not the same way Atiku was also being endorsed everywhere before GMB got party ticket?

I like the demeanor of GMB to the whole thing: he couldn't careless who wins eventually.

after they're done with their politics, may the best candidate win

Until the senators that are alleged to have endorsed Saraki actually announce their endorsement via a press conference I wouldn't take that tweet seriously. Right now both camps are playing mind games.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by hamaworld(m): 4:30pm On May 23, 2015
Why all this struggle for the senate president.

You people should not forget what happened to PDP. embarassed

Coz na dis same struggle for power, made PDP forget their work

5 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by wise7(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2015
Ok
Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 23, 2015
everything good always going to d north

chaii, my SS/SE brothers we don enter one chance

Amaechi and okorocha it will never be well with u both

betrayers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by theV0ice: 4:32pm On May 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Until the senators that are alleged to have endorsed Saraki actually announce their endorsement via a press conference I wouldn't take that tweet seriously. Right now both camps are playing mind games.

exactly!! it's all mind games.

Even if they go to Okija shrine to swear to an oath, i won't take them serious until the election is done and someone emerges.

The coming days are very pregnant and many things will change, many things will happen

1 Like

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Ask4bigneyo(m): 4:33pm On May 23, 2015
Right from Pry sch, our teachers used to tell us that " Youths are the leaders of 2mao" All m seeing here are the same sets of POLITHIEVCIAN doing recycling...
Our teachers can lie.....Chaii

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by johnie: 4:33pm On May 23, 2015
Is that Twitter.handle authentic?

The grammar is suspect.
The handle name (why include APC?) is suspect.
The picture is suspect.

1 Like

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Flets: 4:33pm On May 23, 2015
So Saraki will be the senate president in the incoming corrupt free government?

Where is the change?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by DailyAfricaGist: 4:33pm On May 23, 2015
Ok
Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 23, 2015
But an Igbo person should be the Senate President going by the zoning formula we have always used in Nigeria. What is wrong if an Igbo person from any other party is made the Senate president? I'm Writing a petition regarding this and click like if you would sign this petition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by fairheven: 4:35pm On May 23, 2015
This SARAKI. Is just too power drunk
Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Neyo230(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2015
Goodluck to Sen Bukola saraki.

1 Like

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by dkdenco: 4:36pm On May 23, 2015
abeg na Saraki

1 Like

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2015
Ok
Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by bonechamberlain(m): 4:37pm On May 23, 2015
OK good for him.. at least he is better being the boss of his own
Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 23, 2015
Good for him.

To be honest, I'm afraid the three most powerful elective positions after the president may be occupied by the South West.
Vice president, Senate president and Speaker of the house of representative.

Tinubu already opined that there will be no zoning while making this selections.

What else can I say? cry

1 Like

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by mu2sa2: 4:38pm On May 23, 2015
Saraki has sponsored a number of press reports of late to give the impression that he is the candidate to beat for the senate president. The guy is so desperate that he can do anything to get the plum office. Maybe he reckons that as senate president the effc will discard the corruption charge against him.
Don't under rate him when it comes to throwing money about - after all he was governor for 8 years when the allocation from the federation account was chunky and he is still the de facto governor of hapless kwara state!

5 Likes

Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:39pm On May 23, 2015
Ok. Selfless service is the most important thing by the time the senate president is finally elected by the red/upper chamber.

For your best quality stone coated roofing tiles (Bond, Classic, Roman, Shingle, Shake designs) from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.
Re: 35 APC Senator-elect Endorse Saraki Senate President Candidacy by Curiouser: 4:40pm On May 23, 2015
OduaVanguard:

They released a video recording of the gathering where he was endorsed. I'm unable to attach it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Imo APC Rejects Issa-onilu As Party’s Spokesman / Civil Servants, Ex-banker Arraigned For IPPIS, ‘ghost’ Workers Fraud / Pensioners Go Spiritual In Ekiti Over Unpaid N1.8bn Gratuities (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.