Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:30 PM

The New Google Tweet Section - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The New Google Tweet Section (10386 Views)

Help On My New Google Adsense / New Google Playstore Update To Display Application Sizes / New Google Adsense Optimization Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Google Tweet Section by Roviarsguide(m): 4:59pm On May 23, 2015
Google and Twitter have teamed up. Google will now have a tweet section, which will appear in real time on the top of the search engine when users search for keywords or phrases

This groundbreaking initiative, joins the Internet giants, Google and Twitter, and will change the Google search algorithm. When searching with a mobile -smartphone or tablets, tweets related to the topic searched appear. For example, as Webpronews noted, when you search on a name, such as “Taylor Swift”, you see tweets that she has put out there. Google will therefore include a new section with tweets which will be the first thing that appears when searching with the mobile.

For now, this new single will be available in the US English version, but they are planning to expand this amendment both to other countries and in other languages. It may be used on Android and Apple operating systems, and from a pc browser.
Binding of the search engine and a social network is going to generate a large change in SEO ( Search engine Opimization). Twitter favors this change because it will offer a much higher visibility for its registered users, whether individual profiles as brand or media.
In terms of which tweets, Google chooses to show, it could be taking any variety of factors into account. It does say “Popular on Twitter,” on some certain results, but it sometimes shows tweets that are only seconds old and haven’t had much time to become too popular, so it’s likely taking other popularity signals into account. Possibly follower count or popularity of shared links.

Webpronews still states that, Google in its initial blog post showed an example of a search for Malcolm X, and included a tweet from Stacy Parker LeMelle, who has 10.5K followers. The tweet was just 12 seconds old. Google is likely using the popularity of the actual link being shared as a signal as well. That same tweet included a link from the New York Times, which was no doubt shared plenty of times.

This agreement also also enhances rumors of a possible takeover of Twitter by Google.
This is an exciting new concept for online businesses and individual bloggers alike.
Do you like Google’s approach? How would you like to see them change it? Share your thoughts in the comments.
I would love to hear from you!!

source: http://www.roviarsguide.com/website-design/the-new-google-tweet-section

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Google Tweet Section by oteneaaron(m): 5:32pm On May 23, 2015
this looks like frontpage material...... ....
google is a big company nd teaming up with twitter will sure add more value to twitter. for bloggers i think you put more focus on your twitter page because its a whole new level for search engine optimization.. ... . nice post @op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 23, 2015
What I don't like about this several platforms they are all putting out is that you can't have celebs and certain people follow you while you follow them, unlike facebook where you they can see your contents so long they accepted your request.

Modern technology and how they existed in the biblical era

3 Likes

Re: The New Google Tweet Section by GrAnDwEeZ(m): 6:03pm On May 23, 2015
If so the front page will be full of tweets only

2 Likes

Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Roviarsguide(m): 6:12pm On May 23, 2015
juicee1:
What I don't like about this several platforms they are all putting out is that you can't have celebs and certain people follow you while you follow them, unlike facebook where you they can see your contents so long they accepted your request.

Modern technology and how they existed in the biblical era
yes that's true, but for me, most of the people i follow on twitter follow me back....well i guess its a win-win situation. But this new partnership between Google and twitter is a good opportunity for bloggers and online business owners to go back to their Search Engine Optimization Drawing board.
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Roviarsguide(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2015
GrAnDwEeZ:
If so the front page will be full of tweets only
not completely..
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 23, 2015
Roviarsguide:

yes that's true, but for me, most of the people i follow on twitter follow me back....well i guess its a win-win situation. But this new partnership between Google and twitter is a good opportunity for bloggers and online business owners to go back to their Search Engine Optimization Drawing board.
I think google Should create a platform like twitter where anybody you sent a request to will automatically follow you back the moment he accepts it.

Oh, I think I should do it. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The New Google Tweet Section by DjHypno(m): 9:11am On Jun 15, 2015
Cool for the tweet freaks.
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by hazyfm: 9:12am On Jun 15, 2015
TESTING...
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by bastien: 9:13am On Jun 15, 2015
OK sha
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by deebsman1(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2015
Humanity just keep evolving
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by klins4213(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2015
Present...
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Matttthew(m): 9:13am On Jun 15, 2015
Tweet?
Cool development...
Make Seun too help develop Nairaland for good n there be a share option for fb n tweeter angry
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by TheDauraMallam: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2015
Another illuminati collaboration

Another time wasting initiative.

Ignorant people will believe my first statement.
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by kay29000(m): 9:14am On Jun 15, 2015
Hmm! Nice move...As a blogger, I guess I have to start tweeting again. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by dan55: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
k
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by jazinogold(m): 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
nairaland tweet will come wen buhari stop wearing dark shade while travelling abroad!
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
Nice innovation.. Thumbs up google..Twitter trying so hard to gain more publicity
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by dan55: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
kkk
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by exemen: 9:15am On Jun 15, 2015
....9ce 1.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Google Tweet Section by adorablepepple(f): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Ok
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Nice one and a very welcomed initiative.
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Sweetyie(f): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Cool
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by adorablepepple(f): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Ok
Let me go n sign up
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by SurePresident: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Twitter+Google= Twiggle, Combo to bad! I can't wait to use it to advance my Company.

1 Like

Re: The New Google Tweet Section by ichommy(m): 9:17am On Jun 15, 2015
Nice tutorial OP
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 15, 2015

I cant even remeber the last time i opened my twitter handle...
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 15, 2015
OMG
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by eipreel(f): 9:20am On Jun 15, 2015
Godvilla:

I cant even remeber the last time i opened my twitter handle...
me too cry
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 15, 2015
I don't care about Twitter
Re: The New Google Tweet Section by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 15, 2015
Me too sad sad
eipreel:

me too cry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason Why Webmasters Always Like To Be Single / PES 2017 Iso Ppsspp Download Link / Top 5 Enemies Of Search Engine Optimization In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.