Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today (6160 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by onetrack(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2015
The people of the Republic of Ireland, once virtually controlled by the Catholic Church, voted to legalize same-sex marriages today in defiance of the wishes of the Church. Glad to see that the Irish people have finally broken the hold that the Church has had on people for the last 1000 years. This is despite the fact that the Church still virtually controls the Irish education system.

The church needs to read the writing on the wall: reform or perish.

3 Likes

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by menesheh(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2015
Congrats for their suppression of one of those evils penetrated by the church and religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by TV01(m): 4:00pm On May 25, 2015
onetrack:
The people of the Republic of Ireland, once virtually controlled by the Catholic Church, voted to legalize same-sex marriages today in defiance of the wishes of the Church. Glad to see that the Irish people have finally broken the hold that the Church has had on people for the last 1000 years. This is despite the fact that the Church still virtually controls the Irish education system.

What the Republic of Ireland did was embed homosexuality into the heart of their constitution. And in a way that will ripple through their whole culture undecided.

They made a nonsense of the age-long meaning of the the natural family. And all so they could delude themselves that the fiction called "gay-marriage" could actually exist.

Ironically, the institution of marriage is predicated on the true understanding of what constitutes the natural family - so in essence they've made a nonsense of both the family and of marriage.

If they'd wanted to kick the Catholics church' behind, a few public priest de-frockings and converting a few Cathedrals to flats would have been a bit more specific. Not that I would personally counsel that cheesy!

I wonder if they thought they were doing this for everyone grin? Hopefully nations with cherished traditions and a true understanding of both family and marriage won't tread this same path.

TV

2 Likes

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by TV01(m): 4:20pm On May 25, 2015
menesheh:
Congrats for their suppression of one of those evils penetrated by the church and religion
What evil was this exactly

TV
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by menesheh(m): 5:57pm On May 25, 2015
TV01:

What evil was this exactly

TV

Mountains of them, don't have time enumerate them here
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by wordcat(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2015
The will of the people even the story book called bible said that what the people bind here on earth will be bind in heaven and what they loose on earth will be loose in heaven.

Whichever way, na godwin.
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by TV01(m): 1:34am On May 26, 2015
menesheh:
Mountains of them, don't have time enumerate them here
You specified "one evil", it is that one I requested you name. Not mountains of them - and it won't take any time.

menesheh:

TV
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by menesheh(m): 5:51am On May 26, 2015
TV01:

You specified "one evil", it is that one I requested you name. Not mountains of them - and it won't take any time.

TV

That had already answered itself FREEDOM
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by TV01(m): 9:23am On May 26, 2015
menesheh:
That had already answered itself FREEDOM
What freedom was denied anyone prior to this referendum? Or, what freedom necessitated homosexuality being embedded into the Irish constitution?

Just trying to see if I'll learn anything that will enable me to make sense of what appears to make little sense.

TV
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by menesheh(m): 11:10am On May 26, 2015
TV01:

What freedom was denied anyone prior to this referendum? Or, what freedom necessitated homosexuality being embedded into the Irish constitution?

Just trying to see if I'll learn anything that will enable me to make sense of what appears to make little sense.

TV

1st of all what's the meaning of TV you always type here.

Religion cum the Catholic church had done alot of harm both both past and present.

Catholic are lobbying and preventing the use of certain contraceptions (condom etc) in Africa ravaged by HIV and AIDS via the grip they had in Africa.

Some Christian denomination refuse the advancement of science and technology eg blood transfusion (jehovah witness)

Catholic cum religious believes are indirectly sexually enslaving people and making them feeling guilty of doing nothing that harm others but act they enjoy ought to enjoy.

Too many

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by EvilBrain1(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2015
Nobody should be surprised at what happened in Ireland. Most Irish people have at least one gay friend or relative and they tend to be lovely people. On the other hand, the catholic church have been actively and aggressively evil for decades. Not a month goes by without some new revelation of some horrible thing they've done in the past.

Remember that Ireland had arguably the worst child rápe scandal and the most aggressive cover up. There was also the horrific amounts of physical and mental abuse that they routine subjected children in their schools and orphanages to. There was the issue of them enslaving thousands of "fallen women" in their for profit "Magdalene laundries". There was their practice of taking away the children of unwed mothers and dumping them in orphanages (many of whom had under-5 mortality rates higher thanstone age societies). There was the 800 baby skeletons that were discovered dumped in a catholic orphanage's septic tank. There was the church encouraging doctors to to cripple women having difficult labour by cutting open their pelvises instead of doing C-Sections to allow them have the huge families the church is obsessed with. There's the repressive anti-abortion laws that lead to one râpe victim to be tied to a bed and force-fed through a tube because for 3 months then forced to have a c-section because she was refused to eat due to severe depression caused by being forced to carry a rápe baby to term.

The church should be happy the Irish haven't chased them out of their country with cutlasses and sticks. Because that's what the deserve.

3 Likes

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by Nobody: 9:10am On May 27, 2015
EvilBrain1:
Nobody should be surprised at what happened in Ireland. Most Irish people have at least one gay friend or relative and they tend to be lovely people. On the other hand, the catholic church have been actively and aggressively evil for decades. Not a month goes by without some new revelation of some horrible thing they've done in the past.

Remember that Ireland had arguably the worst child rápe scandal and the most aggressive cover up. There was also the horrific amounts of physical and mental abuse that they routine subjected children in their schools and orphanages to. There was the issue of them enslaving thousands of "fallen women" in their for profit "Magdalene laundries". There was their practice of taking away the children of unwed mothers and dumping them in orphanages (many of whom had under-5 mortality rates higher thanstone age societies). There was the 800 baby skeletons that were discovered dumped in a catholic orphanage's septic tank. There was the church encouraging doctors to to cripple women having difficult labour by cutting open their pelvises instead of doing C-Sections to allow them have the huge families the church is obsessed with. There's the repressive anti-abortion laws that lead to one râpe victim to be tied to a bed and force-fed through a tube because for 3 months then forced to have a c-section because she was refused to eat due to severe depression caused by being forced to carry a rápe baby to term.

The church should be happy the Irish haven't chased them out of their country with cutlasses and sticks. Because that's what the deserve.
Most Irish have at least one gay friend? Care to substantiate that claim?

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by Nobody: 9:14am On May 27, 2015
onetrack:

So what is going to be legalised next? Marriage between mother and son?, dog and man? No disrespect to gay people here but there is no such thing as *gay marriage*.

3 Likes

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by TV01(m): 10:15am On May 27, 2015
I asked you this;
TV01:

You - for whatever reason - did not answer directly as asked, I'd appreciate if you could. Meanwhile to your questions;

menesheh:
1st of all what's the meaning of TV you always type here.
It's a spiritual mark - ensuring the spirit of death will passover and NL monitoring spirits will go blind when they see my post grin!

menesheh:
Religion cum the Catholic church had done alot of harm both both past and present.
That's at best debatable, plus religion has not been/is not the only source of harm to mankind. And it's without question that religion has also done a lot of good.

menesheh:
Catholic are lobbying and preventing the use of certain contraceptions (condom etc) in Africa ravaged by HIV and AIDS via the grip they had in Africa.
The Catholics have a doctrine, they are free to proselytise as are purveyors of every other doctrine. Now, are HIV/AIDS as a result of not using condoms? Or are contraceptives not without their own side affects. Are some organisations not using the ruse of contraception to sterilise African women?

menesheh:
Some Christian denomination refuse the advancement of science and technology eg blood transfusion (jehovah witness)
Firstly, no Christians deny science or refuse hinder it's advancement. In fact, Christian scientists account for as good number of past and recent advances. In as much as JW refuse blood transfusions, that's their right.

menesheh:
Catholic cum religious believes are indirectly sexually enslaving people and making them feeling guilty of doing nothing that harm others but acts they enjoy ought to enjoy.
Catholicism is not by force the last I heard. And this referendum did not give anyone one bit of extra "sexual freedom"

menesheh:
Too many
Please try and answer the single one that is the topic of this discussion.

Cheers

TV grin
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by xest(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2015
onetrack:

Its obvious u are homosexual Thats why u are happy posting this rubbish here. Why will u marry ur fellow man idiot? U better go there n practice it with dem in ireland cos naija can never do that.
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by onetrack(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2015
xest:
Its obvious u are homosexual Thats why u are happy posting this rubbish here. Why will u marry ur fellow man idiot? U better go there n practice it with dem in ireland cos naija can never do that.

Do you support women's rights? If you do, then it's obvious you are a woman. Now go and get pregnant.
I'm not gay, but as an atheist I can find no reason to be against two people marrying, nor against multiple wives or husbands.

The Catholic Church has richly deserved to be told to piss off by the Irish, and rightly so.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by EvilBrain1(m): 11:40pm On May 27, 2015
Papist:

Most Irish have at least one gay friend? Care to substantiate that claim?

It's very difficult to put a firm number on it, (people lie; and sexual orientation is a spectrum, not a yes/no thing); but it is estimated that about 9% of males is attracted to other men. Basically, if you're in a room with 10 of your friends, then chances are that at least one of you is gay.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7611844/
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by xest(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2015
onetrack:

Do you support women's rights? If you do, then it's obvious you are a woman. Now go and get pregnant.
I'm not gay, but as an atheist I can find no reason to be against two people marrying, nor against multiple wives or husbands.

The Catholic Church has richly deserved to be told to piss off by the Irish, and rightly so.
Two people of the same sex? Why ar u not a gay? Give me the reasons...
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by Austine77(m): 10:06am On May 28, 2015
wordcat:
The will of the people even the story book called bible said that what the people bind here on earth will be bind in heaven and what they loose on earth will be loose in heaven.

Whichever way, na godwin.
End time people
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by TV01(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2015
EvilBrain1:

It's very difficult to put a firm number on it, (people lie; and sexual orientation is a spectrum, not a yes/no thing); but it is estimated that about 9% of males is attracted to other men. Basically, if you're in a room with 10 of your friends, then chances are that at least one of you is gay.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7611844/
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_sexual_orientation

I read the abstracts - it does not substantiate the claim.

Homosexual prevelence is more likely to be about around 1.5 to 3.0% of adult populations. Instances of youthful same-sex attraction don't necessarily translate into adult homosexuality - indeed, it does'nt in over 75% of cases.

Orientation is a ruse.

TV

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by onetrack(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2015
xest:
Two people of the same sex? Why ar u not a gay? Give me the reasons...

I'm not gay because.....I'm not attracted to my own sex. Isn't that enough?

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 28, 2015
Am not surprise .Personally its insane for u to be attracted to same sex. Gay shows moral decay and its an evil spirit sent by the devil to destroy people.The bible is my stand why was sodum destroyed by the angels of God... Who ever is posses by the gay spirit should run for deliverance in a strong Church
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by onetrack(m): 3:41pm On May 28, 2015
niyi20:
Am not surprise .Personally its insane for u to be attracted to same sex. Gay shows moral decay and its an evil spirit sent by the devil to destroy people.The bible is my stand why was sodum destroyed by the angels of God... Who ever is posses by the gay spirit should run for deliverance in a strong Church

I disagree. I think it is biologically based just like left- or right-handedness.

And (mythical) Sodom was not destroyed for homosexuality: "Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door." --Ezekiel 16:49

There is more of Sodom in Nigeria than in much of 'gay' Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by italo: 12:20am On May 29, 2015
onetrack:

That's what the Pharisees said...that's what the Roman Emperors said...that's what the communists said...

All these empires and entities have long perished, while the Church continues to flourish without reform.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by onetrack(m): 10:21am On May 29, 2015
italo:

That's what the Pharisees said...that's what the Roman Emperors said...that's what the communists said...

All these empires and entities have long perished, while the Church continues to flourish without reform.

grin

The RCC is dying in Europe. The priests and nuns are ancient and the churches are empty. The US isn't far behind.

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by italo: 5:27pm On May 29, 2015
U
onetrack:

The RCC is dying in Europe. The priests and nuns are ancient and the churches are empty. The US isn't far behind.

The Church was "dying" in Saul's Jerusalem.

The Church was "dying" in Ancient Rome.

The Church was "dying" in Byzantium.

The Church was "dying" in Stalin's Soviet Union.

The Church was "dying" in Hitler's Germany.

Yet the Church continues to live for 2000 years.

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by onetrack(m): 7:59pm On May 29, 2015
italo:
U

The Church was "dying" in Saul's Jerusalem.

The Church was "dying" in Ancient Rome.

The Church was "dying" in Byzantium.

The Church was "dying" in Stalin's Soviet Union.

The Church was "dying" in Hitler's Germany.

Yet the Church continues to live for 2000 years.

grin

The church was not dying in Byzantium; it flourished until the schism of 1054 when suddenly half of the church became Orthodox instead of Catholic.

The Church was barely present in the Soviet Union; Russians are almost entirely orthodox

The Church was not dying in Nazi Germany; they willingly cooperated with Hitler, and they maintained their anti-Jewish position until the 1960s.

I'm not saying that the Catholic Church will disappear anytime soon, but it has lost a great deal of power in Europe over the past 50 years.

1 Like

Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by xest(m): 5:45am On May 30, 2015
onetrack:

I'm not gay because.....I'm not attracted to my own sex. Isn't that enough?
So is the Catholic Church u r attacking by supporting what is not right. By the way why are u an atheist?
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 30, 2015
Onetrack please can you explain more on this atheist of a thing. If you dont believe in God,what or who do you believe in?
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by davien(m): 4:03pm On May 30, 2015
Tobiee:
Onetrack please can you explain more on this atheist of a thing. If you dont believe in God,what or who do you believe in?
Why do you think he requires a belief?
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by italo: 4:49pm On May 30, 2015
onetrack:

The church was not dying in Byzantium; it flourished until the schism of 1054 when suddenly half of the church became Orthodox instead of Catholic.

The bold means "dying." Yet the Catholic Church lives on in Byzantium and all over the world.

onetrack:

The Church was barely present in the Soviet Union; Russians are almost entirely orthodox

5.5 million Catholics were in the Soviet Union. The Atheist Govt tortured and killed hundreds of priests and confiscated scores of Churches. Stalin's even boasted that the Church would be dead in a generation. Stalin's is dead. The Atheist Govt is dead. Communism is dead. The Catholic Church lives on.

onetrack:

The Church was not dying in Nazi Germany; they willingly cooperated with Hitler, and they maintained their anti-Jewish position until the 1960s.
For someone who talks much, you know too little. Please read how Nazis persecuted the Catholic Church. Read about the 2500 Catholic priests that were tortured and killed in the Nazi concentration camp in Dachau. I don't want to win an argument. I just want you to be enlightened.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_persecution_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Germany

onetrack:

I'm not saying that the Catholic Church will disappear anytime soon, but it has lost a great deal of power in Europe over the past 50 years.

Jesus never said his Church would never lose power in Europe.

Jesus said he would be with his Church forever and the gates of hades would never prevail against it.
Re: Ireland Delivered A Hard Slap To The Catholic Church Today by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 30, 2015
davien:
Why do you think he requires a belief?
he would be ''foolish'' ..if he doesnt believe in anything, in the aspect of the creation of human, and the world.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seeing Angels From Birth. I Need Answers Please / How We Got Here And How We Can Get There / Marriage Between Xtian & Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.