Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,765 members, 7,806,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians (26623 Views)

NNPC Blames Fuel Scarcity On Vandals, Unscrupulous Oil Marketers - VANGUARD / Senate Asks Nigerians If They Should Invite Buhari Over The Fuel Scarcity (Pic) / OPINION: The Psychological Dimensions Of Supporting APC Or PDP – Demola Olarewaj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by robinicule(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2015
u shld see d way my church was rushing to close today.....we dey manage fuel grin

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 4:24pm On May 24, 2015
tolexy007:
Seriously is nt funny Again, I saw a guy buying 10liters of petrol at 5k, I almost cry. I couldn't watch Cheslsea match now all because their is no lite and d guy football house says he cannot buy just 10liters of petrol at 5k that it will nt make any profit......For the first tym in my street last nyt, no single sound of generator, the whole street slept in darkness.....Which way Nigeria?

ROTFL.. cheesy

E be like say na my area u dey stay ooo. As in ehn, last night was epic. Everywhere was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

*sigh*
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Teespice(f): 4:26pm On May 24, 2015
my power bank chose this time to go kaput
even my fan too.

as I said in one thread, I don't sleep well these day because the heat no be here.

the fuel worth 6k my dad bought was like quarter of a 25 litre keg.

I am already counting the days to go back to school because at least I am sure of electricity for at least ten to twelve hours.

which way nigeria. I don tire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by oweman: 4:26pm On May 24, 2015
At about 3 this afternoon petrol is selling 200 naira per litre aonlg the airport ilorin what i observe is that the level of curse on GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN if his parents are still alive they by now will be regreting the day the gave to him .
JESUS THOSE PEOPLE SABI CURSE OH; THEM MOUTH TOO HOT!

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by UjSizzle(f): 4:27pm On May 24, 2015
I'm tired of this country. No electricity, no fuel, no rain. Have you gone outside today? The heat is out of this world.
It's impossible to haggle transportation fare with anyone again because, well, fuel scarcity. Our hope now is brt, if that one goes away too na to pack up siddon for house.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kodded(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2015
teeowl:
This is why jonathan and his ministers deserve some prison time!
undecided

But when he wanted to remove the fuel subsidy in 2012 you guys took to the street to protest now the we are facing the repercussion of our actions and you are blaming jonathan ....... Smh undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by SweetSoup(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2015
Bought fuel #400 per litre last night from a seller in my street, come and see queue like say na filling station we dey. Nigerians are willing to buy fuel at any price now. I just hope the incoming govt will provide a permanent solution to the menace..

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by naija1stpikin: 4:32pm On May 24, 2015
francizy:

Buhahahahahaha.. My guy don fex sha... You sure say if you see that frog eyed Minister, you no go chop her pie? cheesy

Now this one's really funny! grin
grin grin
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Osamabinladin: 4:32pm On May 24, 2015
Please NL, how much is a bicycle sold now?

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:32pm On May 24, 2015
Kizmarty:
the way you all are talking about this fuel scarcity scares me to the bone.
I thought twas all exaggerations... now I'm afraid to come home sad

I can't do with light outs and the fear of being unable to get fuel is worse sad
Scares you sad? He said/typed nothing but the truth..

If light outs scares you, pls, remain cos the whole country is in total darkness, save the polithiefcians angry..

@Topic,

*sighs* Its a pathetic situation. Only God knows the ego with which these fuel attendants
sell with all arrogance..

The tips alone they make is outrageous. My kid bro who got fuel in a jerry can was made to pay a tip of #50 before he was attended to, and so will every other buyer pay cheesy..

Rough calculation: Check the estimate of 50-100 jerry cans daily.. That's cool cash grin.

Do I still believe in the country? I doubt!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 4:33pm On May 24, 2015
semitunde:

Lol @tilting the generator. I'm doing that at the moment. Dreading the time when the gen will cough and splutter to a stop.

Hehehehehe!! cheesy

Broda na so my own take stop yesterday oo. The fuel dry pata pata.

But the tilting of last night bad gan. E remain small make my gen dey stand vertically. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 4:39pm On May 24, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Scares you sad? He said/typed nothing but the truth..

If light outs scares you, pls, remain cos the whole country is in total darkness, save the polithieficians angry..

@Topic,

*sighs* Its a pathetic situation. Only God knows the ego @ which these fuel attendants are/will selling/sell with all arrogance..

The tips alone they make is outrageous. My kid bro who got fuel in a jerry can was made to pay a tip of #50 before he was attended to, and so will every can buyer pay cheesy..

Rough calculation: Check the estimate of 50-100 jerry cans daily.. That's cool cash grin.

Do I still believe in the country? I doubt!

Chaiii!! Sleeky u too get brain!!

Me sef don dey eye one fuel attendant. She must be my babe ooo. cheesy

Have you bought a keg recently? Kegs don turn diamond, all those market woman automatically assume you need it to store fuel and tripled the price.

You don't even want to make the mistake of dropping it carelessly. Your keg would be history. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Sleekyshuga(f): 4:42pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:

Chaiii!! Sleeky u too get brain!!

Me sef don dey eye one fuel attendant. She must be my babe ooo. cheesy

Have you bought a keg recently? Kegs don turn diamond, all those market woman automatically assume you need it to store fuel and tripled the price.

You don't even want to make the mistake of dropping it carelessly. Your keg would be history. cheesy

LOL.. Eye her well and get free fuel everyday without fuss..

With all the empty kegs littered @ my backyard, I don't need another..

I dey vex angry

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by francizy(m): 4:43pm On May 24, 2015
kinglekan:

Oga KingTom I couldn't agree more with the magic wand ooo. Fair enough PHE has been reasonable in that part. TheSonofMark also attested to that.

Most parts of lagos the Madness is at its zenith. Complete dark out as though we are experiencing an apocalypse. sad

Radio stations shutting down to conserve fuel, airlines cancelling flights, cost of transportation sky rocketing per second, fights breaking out every now and then. *sniffs*

[size=28pt]That was how my cousin was jejely standing at the bus stop, only for a very frustrated dude to walk up to him, hit him on his chest saying "Mo le pa yan!! - I can kill somebody o". Is this what fuel scarcity can cause? *sniffs some more*[/size]

I had to manage one litre of petrol to pump water last night. You needed to have seen how I tilted the generator.

#GMBNowThatYouAreThere.

We need a Miracle MAGIC

Buhahahahahahahahahaha!!! grin cry grin

Kinglekan, I hope say person never hit your cousin for chest again, with threats to kill him? grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Allikola(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2015
I gave my mechanic 15,000 to buy 50 ltrs of petrol, he came back with 2 kegs full of petrol claiming its 60 ltrs. He said each keg cost #9000 naira therefore, I ll balance him 3000. I told him to go away with the fuel and return my money.

Since then, I ve not heard from my mech, but he just called me now telling me that he s coming with my 15k to collect the fuel.

I told him I will pay d remaining 3000 and have d fuel but my mech said he will pay me 18000 to collect d fuel.

Pls what can I do? Should I collect 18k and return d fuel or not ? Has it got to that level that 30 ltrs of petrol now sold above 10k?

Pls I need advice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by AdeniyiA(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2015
The scarcity of rainfall clearly bears witness to the draught in all sectors of the economy ...

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
Midehi:

ur boo for dp fine oooo..

me i run go village,light boku..fuel na 115 per litre...make i dey enjoy mysef for villa first till d whole drama die for lagasdi...chaii,how can tfare frm yaba to obalende #400...mbanu!!!

Abeg just relax jejely for village ooo!!

I dey envy una wey dey east, if PHCN could grant us in my area 2hours light per day, I would be dancing *shoki*. Its been up to 2weeks when my bulb had a taste of PHCN voltage.

I just dey imagine wetin wan happen tomorrow. E b like say na trekking sure pass. sad

@Dp that's my baby girl na. Miss Twaci. wink

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by walexGodson(m): 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehehehe, shey una no get piston and morter for house? U see wetin westernization dey cause.. In those days, we don't use all these electrical appliances unlike you children of these days. We pound our fufu but imagine, now you even have fufu pounder... grin
U na bush man na
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by walexGodson(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2015
nwadiuko1:
bros ur wife no serious and u sef hunger never catch u wella
Na u no serious pass
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by francizy(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2015
walexGodson:

U na bush man na

Hehehehe, at least I dey chop, with or without fuel... grin

You no go trek come my side make I give you food? cheesy
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by ronald4lif(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2015
This fuel menace is getting scary.

No light - the masses pay exorbitant charges monthly for power whether there's electricity or not. In truth, the power companies charge us for darkness. The masses have accepted their fate and have acknowledged the fact that to have power one has to power their homes themselves. This, they do gladly but these gang of thieves in power feels we haven't suffered enough. They must have resolve to ensure the people die off shamelessly so they can loot what ever is left of the nation coffers by ensuring this fuel scarcity looms about.

There's no pipe-borne water. No security. No jobs for the youths and literally nothing. What hope does the people have in our dilapidated mushroom hospitals should one fall sick?. I hope we don't wake up one day and realize that these heartless leaders have looted everything left in the country including the masses. Sickening!.

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by dunkem21(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2015
MizMyColi:
My phone is on rationing these days.

Money de hand.
We can't buy fuel still.

God, I'm thankful for power bank.
It could have been worsesad

Sorry o ..but you no tell me na ..

..Me wey dey dash people 5 litres for making a reasonable comment on NL.
Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by MymothersKeeper(f): 4:56pm On May 24, 2015
Even all the runs girls on Instagram are so quiet no twerking, no London accents, just selfie . That's how I know it's serious .
May Lord bring stability soon , Amen .
Thank God my wage was delayed today, I could have gotten my ticket to lagos !
I definitely would not cope .
The company I work for is going into liquidation , they are sacking us all with 3 months salary, everybody was depressed but I was happy secretly cheesy grin them no sabi the kind of country I hail from

2 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by TheSonOfMark(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2015
semitunde:

Lol @tilting the generator. I'm doing that at the moment. Dreading the time when the gen will cough and splutter to a stop.

Luckily and thankfully in Uyo we aren't experiencing any of that. Petrol is in abundance here. No queues and the shuttle rates by public transport operators are still the same.

Truly this is the "LAND OF PROMISE".

#ProudlyAkwa-Ibom smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by francizy(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2015
People don humble for Nigeria.. Even people way dey jump from one thread to another to bash GEJ no get either power, fuel, energy or zeal to criticize am today.. Does this mean that if you want to humble Nigerians, take fuel far away from them?

GMB hope you're learning from this? When people go all out on you, take their fuel and dey crawl to your feet to beg.. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 24, 2015
MizMyColi:

Money de hand.
We can't buy fuel still.

You even have light to charge your power bank. I have a 30000mah power bank but totally dead. cry

Idris' song comes to mind - Nigeria jaga jaga! Everything scatter scatter!

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by francizy(m): 5:07pm On May 24, 2015
MizMyColi:

Money de hand.
We can't buy fuel still.

Eiyah.. Pele.. This is the right time for that dude who's been tripping for you to come propose with 2 gallons of PMS... cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by miquelon(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
We are slowly slipping into the riot zone!..... na small remain..
As in!! I can feel it. Everybody dey vex. We are one misyarn away

1 Like

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by Setaje(f): 5:19pm On May 24, 2015
My dad na sure man. We still have more than 200 litres of petrol at home. Popsy dey always plan ahead and he knew that there would be serious fuel scarcity. Infact he has said that we should expect more after Buhari enters because he is sure they will remove fuel subsidy. This will not go down well wiv labour union because they will say why should they remove fuel subsidy wiv no increment of salary and our law makers would still be earning very high income. That is where another problem will start. There is no way Buhari will want to continue paying that subsidy. So my advise is, after this one people should go and buy enough kegs at home and store so u don't be caught unawares. The days of fuel scarcity is back.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by ronald4lif(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2015
francizy:

Eiyah.. Pele.. This is the right time for that dude who's been tripping for you to come propose with 2 gallons of PMS... cheesy

Hahaha. Soon in-laws will be like to have Amaka's hand in marriage you must provide 10litres of fuel. Omo na to start to go buy fuel store now oo should incase it get worse. cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Psychological Effect Of The Fuel Scarcity On Nigerians by kinglekan: 5:22pm On May 24, 2015
UjSizzle:
I'm tired of this country. No electricity, no fuel, no rain. Have you gone outside today? The heat is out of this world.
It's impossible to haggle transportation fare with anyone again because, well, fuel scarcity. Our hope now is brt, if that one goes away too na to pack up siddon for house.

ROTFL.. LMAO cheesy

I was beginning to think along the same line. Seems papa God has finally put FG/NNPC in charge of the rain. sad

@emboldened I wish it was that easy but most people can't afford to do that. Na hunger strike be that. sad

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buni In CCB Asset Declaration Scandal - Saharareporters / Buhari Wins Borno To Consolidate Victory / Military Killed Innocent Women And Children - NDA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.