Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? (2427 Views)

Another NOAH Type Of Flood Is About To Happen. / Johan Huibers Builds Noah's Ark Replica To Prove The Bible Was Right (pics) / If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Nobody: 10:19am On May 24, 2015
I was just going tru Noah's account when this question crossed my mind.
NOTE: I'm not in any way doubting the power of God.
Qst:: How did out of a thousand or more animal of a particular species only two (Male and female) heard Noah call into the Ark ?

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by johnydon22(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2015
How did penguins and koalas found only in the far island of australia trek all that distance and swam over all that ocean to get to the middle east

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by johnydon22(m): 10:58am On May 24, 2015
How come mesopotamia has a similar story (Gilgamesh flood story) more than one thousand years before the story of noah was writtenwink Remember jewish mythology places abraham of Mesopotamian descent (Land of Ur)... Do i smell copy of mythology here??grin

Plaigarism can bag you a jail sentence now angry

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Nobody: 1:18am On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:
How did penguins and koalas found only in the far island of australia trek all that distance and swam over all that ocean to get to the middle east
I find my self in a paradox when ever I seek ans. To some questions, I just hope every thing will be revealed in the end.
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by johnydon22(m): 7:48am On May 31, 2015
Lacomus:
I find my self in a paradox when ever I seek ans. To some questions, I just hope every thing will be revealed in the end.

How can everything be revealed in the end... You are alive now and as far as i know this life is the only one you are sure of. if you don't learn now you will never learn.. In this age of information, ignorance is a choice.

The story of Noah is a Myth, copied from an older myth. The Gilgamesh Flood story of babylonia. . . You may do well to google it.

7 Likes

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 8:06pm On May 31, 2015
Lacomus:
Qst:: How did out of a thousand or more animal of a particular species only two (Male and female) heard Noah call into the Ark ?

They were quite literally led by the spirit of God.
An old painting shows angels leading the chosen animals into the ark.
Yet another shows animals that started migrating(protected on thier journey by angels) to the place of the construction of the ark months before noah recieved his inspiration to build it e.g polar bears.
So you see, there could have been many ways in which the animals got to be in the ark.

If something is an historical fact, there is every possibility that more than one person will take down the account e.g the gospels according to matthew, mark and luke, magdalene, etc.
So if the creation story appears in earlier text it further butresses the proof that it actually did happen.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 8:11pm On May 31, 2015
Lacomus:

Everything WILL be revealed in the end, for now all you need to do is have faith.

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 8:22pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

How can everything be revealed in the end... You are alive now and as far as i know this life is the only one you are sure of. if you don't learn now you will never learn.. In this age of information, ignorance is a choice.

The story of Noah is a Myth, copied from an older myth. The Gilgamesh Flood story of babylonia. . . You may do well to google it.

The story of a global flood is not peculiar to the jews alone. All over the ancient world there are texts from Phonecia, Akkadia, Babylona, Assyria, etc that depict there was a flood that wiped out all life.

This does not revoke the flood story but rather fortifies it. the ancients from all over the world experienced something. Those who had written language penned it down and it was passed on to those who had no written language at the time.

Also, you are a scientist. Till date, the flood is the best explanation for why the diinosaurs all died at once and why their bones are found in layers/sediments of rock. Its simple classroom soil sedimentation. I'm sure you did it in primary school.

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by hahn(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2015
Royver:

Yet another shows animals that started migrating(protected on thier journey by angels) to the place of the construction of the ark months before noah recieved his inspiration to build it e.g polar bears.
So you see, there could have been many ways in which the animals got to be in the ark.

If something is an historical fact, there is every possibility that more than one person will take down the account e.g the gospels according to matthew, mark and luke, magdalene, etc.
So if the creation story appears in earlier text it further butresses the proof that it actually did happen.

Do you REALLY believe that the "spirit" led them? So, all species of animals around the world all strolled, 1 male and female only, into Noah's ark. ALL species includes insectd, bugs, mamals, reptiles etc

2 Likes

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by hahn(m): 8:28pm On May 31, 2015
Royver:

The story of a global flood is not peculiar to the jews alone. All over the ancient world there are texts from Phonecia, Akkadia, Babylona, Assyria, etc that depict there was a flood that wiped out all life.

This does not revoke the flood story but rather fortifies it. the ancients from all over the world experienced something. Those who had written language penned it down and it was passed on to those who had no written language at the time.

Also, you are a scientist. Till date, the flood is the best explanation for why the diinosaurs all died at once and why their bones are found in layers/sediments of rock. Its simple classroom soil sedimentation. I'm sure you did it in primary school.

Coincedentally, we are having this same discussion and you're welcome to join us @ https://www.nairaland.com/2348970/thorough-analysis-biblical-noahs-ark
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by hahn(m): 8:30pm On May 31, 2015
Lacomus:

We're having this same discussion on https://www.nairaland.com/2348970/thorough-analysis-biblical-noahs-ark and you're welcome to join us
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 8:35pm On May 31, 2015
From the early days of the comparative study of these two flood accounts, it has been generally agreed that there is an obvious relationship. The widespread nature of flood traditions throughout the entire human race is excellent evidence for the existence of a great flood from a legal/historical point of view.20 Dating of the oldest fragments of the Gilgamesh account originally indicated that it was older than the assumed dating of Genesis.21 However, the probability exists that the Biblical account had been preserved either as an oral tradition, or in written form handed down from Noah, through the patriarchs and eventually to Moses, thereby making it actually older than the Sumerian accounts which were restatements (with alterations) to the original.

A popular theory, proposed by liberal "scholars," said that the Hebrews "borrowed" from the Babylonians, but no conclusive proof has ever been offered.22 The differences, including religious, ethical, and sheer quantity of details, make it unlikely that the Biblical account was dependent on any extant source from the Sumerian traditions.

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 8:41pm On May 31, 2015
hahn:

Do you REALLY believe that the "spirit" led them? So, all species of animals around the world all strolled, 1 male and female only, into Noah's ark. ALL species includes insectd, bugs, mamals, reptiles etc
Yes I do.
If you have never had a supernatural experience, then i dont expect you to understand.
If you consider the vastness of variety around you, where you stay is not the same with anywhere else even though you live in a block of flats your flat will always be familiar to you. You do not look exactly like any other person on earth even though we are numbering 6billion now, of course you might have a doppleganger but he wont be exactly the same as you. Your clothing is different from those of any other person where you work or where you worship or where you party, even when you wear the same clothes your friend can differentiate you from the other person wearing the same uniform as yourself...then you begin to see the versatility of He who created you and relaise that you didnt just evolve, evolution is so random that there would have been repititions.

Something happened thousands of years ago and the ancients from all over the world saw it significant enough to write it down.
It is no myth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by johnydon22(m): 8:51pm On May 31, 2015
Royver:

The flood myth was passed from one civilization to the other. . Different time frames and reworked into the culture of the new civilization... Need i remind you that supernatural occurrence into consideration when determining historical fact....Till date there is no archeological evidence for a world wide flood.

Royver:

Actually this revokes it, when a particular story is reworked in different cultures at different time frames with different cultural representation and the story is based unproven event.

It is a scholarly consensus that the flood story is a blatant myth. . . It is stipulated the flood story happened 2348B.C yet they egyptian Pyramids were built 2560Bc downwards. . why did this great global flood seem not to affect the Egyptian civilization or the pyramids?

Scholarly hypothesis stipulates this flood was just an inland flood that affected areas around indian ocean and then exaggerated into a world wide catastrophe by scribes who wrote down this account first of which is from mesopotamia... And that is why Egyptians practically seem not have no idea that there was any flood or any other civilization in Africa.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth

Royver:

And this coming from a supposed scientifically inclined individual is saddening. . . Dinosaurs extinction happened approximately 66million years ago and predates the emergence of any human civilization or the flood story place around the bronze age. 2348Bc.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous–Paleogene_extinction_event

I don't think i can just argue over such common knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by johnydon22(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2015
Royver:

Something happened thousands of years ago and the ancients from all over the world saw it significant enough to write it down.
It is no myth.

So something happened years ago, the ancients saw it and somehow new civilizations that emerged long after the alleged period of this event wrote about it...

And somehow the Egptians being one of the world oldest civilizations never saw it..

The ancients saw and then out of all the ancients that saw it, they agreed to write that only one man and his family survived; In Mesopotamian version: Gilgamesh.

Yeah and somehow the Jews, hindus worked their own version of the story 1000years after the Sumerians.
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:
[size=2pt]
The flood myth was passed from one civilization to the other. . Different time frames and reworked into the culture of the new civilization... Need i remind you that supernatural occurrence into consideration when determining historical fact....Till date there is no archeological evidence for a world wide flood.

Actually this revokes it, when a particular story is reworked in different cultures at different time frames with different cultural representation and the story is based unproven event.

It is a scholarly consensus that the flood story is a blatant myth. . . It is stipulated the flood story happened 2348B.C yet they egyptian Pyramids were built 2560Bc downwards. . why did this great global flood seem not to affect the Egyptian civilization or the pyramids?

Scholarly hypothesis stipulates this flood was just an inland flood that affected areas around indian ocean and then exaggerated into a world wide catastrophe by scribes who wrote down this account first of which is from mesopotamia... And that is why Egyptians practically seem not have no idea that there was any flood or any other civilization in Africa.

And this coming from a supposed scientifically inclined individual is saddening. . . Dinosaurs extinction happened approximately 66million years ago and predates the emergence of any human civilization or the flood story place around the bronze age. 2348Bc.

I don't think i can just argue over such common knowledge.[/size]

I'm actually surprised you took that serious enough to refute. You dey try oh.
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 9:44pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

Wat do you call the sudden demise of all the dinosaurs and their bones so well preserved as if they all died in an instant?

NO, it reinforces it. If everybody saw something they might write it vis different perspectives but the meat of the story will remain the same. And as per your line of thought I repeat what i posted to you earlier:

From the early days of the comparative study of these two flood accounts, it has been generally agreed that there is an obvious relationship. The widespread nature of flood traditions throughout the entire human race is excellent evidence for the existence of a great flood from a legal/historical point of view

Again:

The Epic of Gilgamesh is contained on twelve large tablets, and since the original discovery, it has been found on others, as well as having been translated into other early languages.7 The actual tablets date back to around 650 B.C. and are obviously not originals since fragments of the flood story have been found on tablets dated around 2,000 B.C.8 Linguistic experts believe that the story was composed well before 2,000 B.C. compiled from material that was much older than that date.9 The Sumerian cuneiform writing has been estimated to go as far back as 3,300 B.C. 10 ]
Knowledge is ever increasing. Thats why I like science, scientists should actually be the most open-minded people in the world, its pride that makes them come to a conclusion from one singular discovery.

And now wikipedia is your bible. interestingly enough it is updated daily, and can be updated by anybody both sane and insane, biased and unbiased.

See my above quote on possible origin of the sumerian tablets.

I don't think i can just argue over such common knowledge.

Again the dinosaur extinction is based on your same flawed scientific knowledge. All it needs is for someone to realise carbon dating is bullsh1t and there will be apologies everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 9:50pm On May 31, 2015
johnydon22:

So something happened years ago, the ancients saw it and somehow new civilizations that emerged long after the alleged period of this event wrote about it...

And somehow the Egptians being one of the world oldest civilizations never saw it..

The ancients saw and then out of all the ancients that saw it, they agreed to write that only one man and his family survived; In Mesopotamian version: Gilgamesh.

Yeah and somehow the Jews, hindus worked their own version of the story 1000years after the Sumerians.

Again:

The Epic of Gilgamesh is contained on twelve large tablets, and since the original discovery, it has been found on others, as well as having been translated into other early languages.7 The actual tablets date back to around 650 B.C. and are obviously not originals since fragments of the flood story have been found on tablets dated around 2,000 B.C.8 Linguistic experts believe that the story was composed well before 2,000 B.C. compiled from material that was much older than that date.9 The Sumerian cuneiform writing has been estimated to go as far back as 3,300 B.C. [sup]10[/sup]

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Scholar8200(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2015
Babylon came to being as a nation after the flood when the people of the world were still of one tongue (before the great dispersion). Hence I should not be surprised if they have it in their historical archives. That the hebrew account was included in the Pentateuch by Moses should not come as a surprise; Shem (father of the Hebrews etc) was one of Noah's sons.

As regards the animals let me ask, what makes a duckling etc follow its mother everywhere but stop after a while? What makes the Hen seek to incubate or warm her eggs till they hatch? What makes a lioness feel she ought to feed her cubs? And why do ants store up food against the rainy day? Why is it that some rodents store nuts under the ground against winter and they never forget where it was kept? How is it possible for domestic animals to roam all day yet return to their cage, nest, pen etc
The answer- Instinct!
This instinct was God-given hence it will be nothing for God to move these animals, in the actual numbers God stated, inside the Ark.
Besides, the ante-deluvian period was a world with a comparatively few inhabitants all of one language hence it will be anachronistic to visualize that event from today's world view.

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by hahn(m): 9:51am On Jun 01, 2015
The stories are never consistent. Since god is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow it is questionable that he has refused to reveal himself to us as he did in those days.

Its safe to say that your "supernatural" experience is nothing more than the fact that you were unable to explain it. It doesn't necessarily mean god was behind it unless of course you say that he is also responsible for every other thing that's wrong with the world

Royver:

Yes I do.
If you have never had a supernatural experience, then i dont expect you to understand.
If you consider the vastness of variety around you, where you stay is not the same with anywhere else even though you live in a block of flats your flat will always be familiar to you. You do not look exactly like any other person on earth even though we are numbering 6billion now, of course you might have a doppleganger but he wont be exactly the same as you. Your clothing is different from those of any other person where you work or where you worship or where you party, even when you wear the same clothes your friend can differentiate you from the other person wearing the same uniform as yourself...then you begin to see the versatility of He who created you and relaise that you didnt just evolve, evolution is so random that there would have been repititions.

It is no myth.

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
Royver:
From the early days of the comparative study of these two flood accounts, it has been generally agreed that there is an obvious relationship. The widespread nature of flood traditions throughout the entire human race is excellent evidence for the existence of a great flood from a legal/historical point of view.20 Dating of the oldest fragments of the Gilgamesh account originally indicated that it was older than the assumed dating of Genesis.21 However, the probability exists that the Biblical account had been preserved either as an oral tradition, or in written form handed down from Noah, through the patriarchs and eventually to Moses, thereby making it actually older than the Sumerian accounts which were restatements (with alterations) to the original.

A popular theory, proposed by liberal "scholars," said that the Hebrews "borrowed" from the Babylonians, but no conclusive proof has ever been offered.22 The differences, including religious, ethical, and sheer quantity of details, make it unlikely that the Biblical account was dependent on any extant source from the Sumerian traditions.
tnx for the information.
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by ojimbo(m): 6:26am On Jul 02, 2015
Royver:

if only you will #bringbackyoursense and read my post. Lets assume you were there during the time of global flood of let just asume that human beings only exist in Nigeria. Surprisly to you, you became to see every animal both wild and domestic anal coming from far distance and planets just to board a boat. Won't you run for your life? Will you still doubt if something actually wants to happen?
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 02, 2015
How did noah travel and warn all the people on earth, in the absence of advanced transportation/communication system ??
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by 5minsmadness: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2015
MrPresident:
How did noah travel and warn all the people on earth, in the absence of advanced transportation/communication system ??
Was it written anywhere that Noah was meant to warn all the people on earth?
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
Lacomus:
tnx for the information.
You're welcome
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 5:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
ojimbo:
if only you will #bringbackyoursense and read my post. Lets assume you were there during the time of global flood of let just asume that human beings only exist in Nigeria. Surprisly to you, you became to see every animal both wild and domestic anal coming from far distance and planets just to board a boat. Won't you run for your life? Will you still doubt if something actually wants to happen?

I dont see the reason for your insult, really. I never addressed you. Cant you pass your message across without being insultive?

It is common knowledge that the human reaction in any strange situation is to either pass it off as superstition or he begins to rationanlise. If the inhabitants at the time had seen noah herding the animals into the ark they would probably have come to look, but would also probably have laughed him off as performing cheap tricks. There would have been a daily viewing of the ark as animals trudged into it but most people would have simply gone about thier buisness after looking on for a few hours. The one or two that might have suspected something was going on would have been too ashamed to associate themselves with the 'madman' called Noah.

then again it says nowhere that all the animals came at once. Maybe they gathered into the ark over a long period of time or maybe they came at night. Then again maybe God hardened the hearts of the people so they wouldnt want to be saved. there are so many different scenarios to what might have actually happened.

Pls answer civily next time, no need for insults.

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by frank317: 5:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
Royver:

I dont see the reason for your insult, really. I never addressed you. Cant you pass your message across without being insultive?

It is common knowledge that the human reaction in any strange situation is to either pass it off as superstition or he begins to rationanlise. If the inhabitants at the time had seen noah herding the animals into the ark they would probably have come to look, but would also probably have laughed him off as performing cheap tricks. There would have been a daily viewing of the ark as animals trudged into it but most people would have simply gone about thier buisness after looking on for a few hours. The one or two that might have suspected something was going on would have been too ashamed to associate themselves with the 'madman' called Noah.

then again it says nowhere that all the animals came at once. Maybe they gathered into the ark over a long period of time or maybe they came at night. Then again maybe God hardened the hearts of the people so they wouldnt want to be saved. there are so many different scenarios to what might have actually happened.

Pls answer civily next time, no need for insults.

Lol Mr Roy... U are trying sha but unfortunately the Noah story can never be a fact. Of course I can make it possible in my head but its not in any way possible in the real world.

Starting from the reason for the flood to the whole event to the final out come, nothing makes sense if you take some time out to think it through.

However if u are a Christian is can be very real though in 'ur head'. Eg. U can comfortably substitute 'God did it' for every unexplainable or impossible scenario. You can say...
-God caused animals to come from all over the world
- God caused animals not too eat much through out the period or made food appear from heaven.
-God made the ark size every animal etc

But then, the more u try, the more the story looks childish. And I wonder... Doesn't it sound funny that God can involve in such a venture just to achieve nothing? I mean sin still abounds. Hmmm

Honestly the story makes God sound funny and confused... That's another reason not to believe it.
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 6:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
frank317:

Lol Mr Roy... U are trying sha but unfortunately the Noah story can never be a fact. Of course I can make it possible in my head but its not in any way possible in the real world.

Starting from the reason for the flood to the whole event to the final out come, nothing makes sense if you take some time out to think it through.

However if u are a Christian is can be very real though in 'ur head'. Eg. U can comfortably substitute 'God did it' for every unexplainable or impossible scenario. You can say...
-God caused animals to come from all over the world
- God caused animals not too eat much through out the period or made food appear from heaven.
-God made the ark size every animal etc

But then, the more u try, the more the story looks childish. And I wonder... Doesn't it sound funny that God can involve in such a venture just to achieve nothing? I mean sin still abounds. Hmmm

Honestly the story makes God sound funny and confused... That's another reason not to believe it.

Well, how an you discuss biblical events without mentioning the supernatural?
How did Jesus use five bread and two fish to feed five thousand people?
How did noah live up to 6ooyrs?
How was the red sea parted?

All these and many many more are scientifucally impossible but they are recorded in the bible. You cant use only science to discuss biblical matters as you'll be putiing believers at a disadvantage. If people dont want to believe in the bible then they shouldnt discuss it at all as it is in no way a book of logic but rather a book of faith. Seeing it as anything else than the Word of God makes it a fairytale storybook to the unbeliever.

And yet as advanced as science is, it still cant explain the building of the pyramids. Something that was scientifically IMPOSSIBLE in those days and even in our modern era, yet stands out hundreds of feet in the air as a sore thumb in the eyes of scientists all over the world.

If you as a scientist cannot explain how the great pyramids were built, why would you want to debunk things you know nothing of?

1 Like

Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by frank317: 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
Royver:

Well, how an you discuss biblical events without mentioning the supernatural?
How did Jesus use five bread and two fish to feed five thousand people?
How did noah live up to 6ooyrs?
How was the red sea parted?

All these and many many more are scientifucally impossible but they are recorded in the bible. You cant use only science to discuss biblical matters as you'll be putiing believers at a disadvantage. If people dont want to believe in the bible then they shouldnt discuss it at all as it is in no way a book of logic but rather a book of faith. Seeing it as anything else than the Word of God makes it a fairytale storybook to the unbeliever.

And yet as advanced as science is, it still cant explain the building of the pyramids. Something that was scientifically IMPOSSIBLE in those days and even in our modern era, yet stands out hundreds of feet in the air as a sore thumb in the eyes of scientists all over the world.

If you as a scientist cannot explain how the great pyramids were built, why would you want to debunk things you know nothing of?

An honest question... Do u think God built the great pyramid? Ur honest answer Will determine my reply to ur post
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by Royver(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
frank317:

An honest question... Do u think God built the great pyramid? Ur honest answer Will determine my reply to ur post

NO I don't think God built the great pyramids.

I think it was built by people of great stature and highly advanced technology, Maybe even more advanced than what we have today.

Why?
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by AtheistD(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2015
Why did God kill all the animals on Earth with the flood? Why didn't He just kill only the humans? Is there any particular reason why all the animals had to die?
Re: How Did Animals Knew Which Was Chosen To Join Noah Ark ? by frank317: 8:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Royver:

NO I don't think God built the great pyramids.

I think it was built by people of great stature and highly advanced technology, Maybe even more advanced than what we have today.

Why?

Of course that is a rational answer... Of course you wouldn't just say God built the pyramid because you don't know.

The fact is that there are so many questions that man cannot answer or is yet to answer. Saying God did anything at all is a lazy man's thinking.

You don't know who built the pyramid yet your sensible brain can't just jump to a 'God did it' conclusion because that is not rational thinking.

This makes me wonder why you believe all those childish tales about the flood. Is it because it has to do with religion?

Jesus turning water to wine and all those biblical stories cannot be taken seriously ... They are just Jewish folk tale. If not why don't you believe in Odudua or some african folk tale. If you are quick to dismiss tales that do not make sense to you... Why do you think most supernatural stories in the bible shoulsnt be dismissed.

Another reason I dismiss the Noah story is because it does not tell well of God. Why kill the whole world and save just eight people and few animals only for sin to continue right after the flood. What was the point of the venture? Just some tanthrum throwing act? If the eight people he save continued in sin or their off springs continued in sin what was the point of the flood? Why save them only for them to continue what you intended to destroy?

Why should u say if people don't believe in the bible, they shouldn't discuss it. How then can it be debunked if it is not discussed?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Story In The Old Testament Bible / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Is Akin Adebayo A Celestial Or Of Apostolic Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.