Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration (32272 Views)

FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale / Gift Of 2 Jeeps Included In Buhari's Assets Declaration Form / Presidency Issues 7-day Deadline On Workers’ Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by DaBullIT(m): 11:18am On May 24, 2015
rigarmortis:

What kind of declaration?

You mean the ''at least 1M in his bank account and only 150 cows''?

And the next day his wife donated about 150M to various hospitals?

His asset, not his wife's take note

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Abuklaw(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2015
Jonathan and other looters should be made to face the full wrath of the law if found guilty. I can't trust Jonathief with my 500.20k bank account balance not to talk of over 30 trillion he is in charge of within the last six years.

iweala, maduekwe, farouk lawan, and others shouldn't go Scot free

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 11:22am On May 24, 2015
Jacob Edi, the special adviser to Kogi state Governor
Idris Wada, said that the governor, and all the other
political appointees in the state subject to the law had
submitted the forms. Edo state
governor Godswill Akpabio
had submitted the form
before he was sworn in, his aide provided.
Is that the Edo state in Nigeria or Somalia?
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 11:23am On May 24, 2015
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by ceejay80s(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2015
My own assets na 20 thousand naira and 2 external hdd, I have decleared mine
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Scholes007(m): 11:36am On May 24, 2015
there have been asset declaration since 1999 so i don't see the hype about this one... His(GEJ) Asset declaration or may not be declared in public so...
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by meccuno: 11:39am On May 24, 2015
Investigations on public officers should start from 1970.....down to 2015.....I think that's fair enough.....all those people who had misplaced the trust of a public office.....as far as am concerned,those who held public offices from that date till now,who can't explain the source of their wealth should be jailed if found guilty....our problems didn't start in 1999......

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Motolank: 11:49am On May 24, 2015
lawanson44:
Did you people ask Buhari to declare his? Idióts
Out of hatred for Buhari you wrote Buhari. The word boo means beautiful?

cool pele o, during his reign.... you will see wood to cook but your pot will be tooooooo small.

In addition, your dp shows you are a sadist?
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by AnanseK(m): 11:50am On May 24, 2015
"I don't give a damn" - in Jonathan's voice.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by notoriousbabe: 11:53am On May 24, 2015
Bunch of thieves
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by AskProf: 11:56am On May 24, 2015
AnanseK:

"We will in time come be so very much ashamed of this period in our history."
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by smallrincowis16(m): 11:56am On May 24, 2015
Abuklaw:
Jonathan and other looters should be made to face the full wrath of the law if found guilty. I can't trust Jonathief with my 500.20k bank account balance not to talk of over 30 trillion he is in charge of within the last six years.

iweala, maduekwe, farouk lawan, and others shouldn't go Scot free

that's how it should be... but in constitution there is this irritating section about prerogation of mercy
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Kenmoris22: 11:57am On May 24, 2015
Will that stop then from looting nija tresurely
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Kenmoris22: 11:58am On May 24, 2015
Will that stop them from looting our money
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 12:04pm On May 24, 2015
Motolank:

Out of hatred for Buhari you wrote Buhari. The word boo means beautiful?

cool pele o, during his reign.... you will see wood to cook but your pot will be tooooooo small

And you have forgotten that to "Boo" also means used to express contempt or disapprobation or to startle or frighten someone!

Eg: He was Booed of the stage by the audience!

Teacher trying to teach me nonsense.

At least, I will even see wood to cook and still have a small pot. As for you and your family, you won't even find wood at all! Rubbish! !
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by anonimi: 12:04pm On May 24, 2015
DaBullIT:
Apart from" I have no shoes" , Clueless offered nothing more

GMB said he has 150 cows, no foreign banks , 2 or 3 houses( i am not sure) , and more than a million in bank account . so if anything changes in his official asset declaration, then we'll know they tricked us , but i doubt there'll be any change in his assets so i am comfortable with his Facebook declaration

AnanseK:

Are you also comfortable with telling LIES and spreading RUMOURS

egin:
Source http://pointblanknews.com/

Vice President Jonathan Bows To Pressure, Declares N.2Billion In Assets

VP Goodluck Jonathan 
The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200

Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Motolank: 12:16pm On May 24, 2015
lawanson44:

And you have forgotten that to "Boo" also means used to express contempt or disapprobation or to startle or frighten someone!

Eg: He was Booed of the stage by the audience!

Teacher trying to teach me nonsense.

At least, I will even see wood to cook and still have a small pot. As for you and your family, you won't even find wood at all! Rubbish! !
You generation is destined with abject poverty, that's why you hate change so much... anuofia
Oshiomole has said it all, come may 29th 'Go and die'
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 24, 2015
yes he will declare his assets and that will be all. if you call gej curropt then Tinubu is curroption itself! please tell CCB to get enough fuel to power their generator for a live brodcast of the asset declaration! ehen, make buhari declare his own too o! and all d senators elect and the new apc led govenment. this will ensure fair play ha ha ha ha mad CCB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Ijaya123: 12:20pm On May 24, 2015
Firefire:
Muhammadu Buhari, the president-elect, also vowed to openly declare assets and liabilities after taking over office.

Buhary must not only declare his assets, all his political advisers and appointees must follow suit.

Why is Buhari's fire burning you like this?
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Firefire(m): 12:22pm On May 24, 2015
Ijaya123:

Why is Buhari's fire burning you like this?

Fire that is yet to start burning and the fire that has existed since 2008.

cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Jaycool18(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2015
DaBullIT:

He already did during his campaign , but what about clueless did he ever declare at least once since he'd been there ?
you're a fool.. no offence tho

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Ijaya123: 12:26pm On May 24, 2015
rigarmortis:

What kind of declaration?

You mean the ''at least 1M in his bank account and only 150 cows''?

And the next day his wife donated about 150M to various hospitals?

So in your own thinking, the N150m belongs to Buhari? Why not stop this arrogant display of ignorance.
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by donMIG(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2015
Dat man sef ehn...make him do carry go jore..APC TINS ALL ZA WAY
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Jaycool18(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2015
Fit2Rule:
Is that the Edo state in Nigeria or Somalia?
lmao...Somalia
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Ijaya123: 12:32pm On May 24, 2015
Firefire:

Fire that is yet to start burning and the fire that has existed since 2008.

cheesy grin

Hope you just don't get roasted along. grin cheesy grin
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Omotayo7(m): 12:36pm On May 24, 2015
eliment:
Jonathan is a corrupt man. He will never willingly declare his asset.
taste ur word before u spill it out don't be senseless

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Okeikpu(m): 12:42pm On May 24, 2015
The mighty Otta baboon shud take the lead...... Obasonjo shud go 1st ⊙︿⊙

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 24, 2015
Taylor86:

akpa amu

mumu
grin angry I don stamp your pay master in the head cheesy
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 24, 2015
princejayboss:

Really?..... Nigerians really are not yet of age to have freedom of speech... Africa in a whole will often abuse that chance of freedom of speech... Don't worry from May 29 try am and see if decree 4 will not send you 6 ft below .... Summary... Don't insult your president cos your father was never one and you may end up not becoming CEO of a company talk of president of Nigeria
undecided undecided the truth is always painful
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 24, 2015
Omotayo7:
taste ur word before u spill it out don't be senseless
I have tasted it. It was very better, guess it's because it's the truth
Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by rigarmortis: 12:51pm On May 24, 2015
Ijaya123:

So in your own thinking, the N150m belongs to Buhari? Why not stop this arrogant display of ignorance.

Mr man you are talking trash.

The phrase....''at least one million naira'' is eternally ambigous and can range anywhere from 1M to infinity there it is in no way, shape or form, tantamount to declaration of assets.

Thats what i am trying to posit here.

You can gullibly sawllow everything you are fed like some greedy fish, not me.

Plus if his wife can afford to dash out 150M, she should be able to ''lend'' her ''poor'' husband 27M to contest.

Please think hard before you quote me again, my good man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Given 30-day Deadline For Assets Declaration by olasmith10(m): 12:59pm On May 24, 2015
maxit2:

It's "if found WANTING"

oh, tnx..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tribunal: Wada May Return As Kogi Governor / Nnamdi Kanu's Trial: Heavy Security In Court, Journalists, Others Denied Entry / Kogi Guber: Ododo Dumps APC For AA, Knocks Gov Bello’s Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.