Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 (51547 Views)

High Domestic Air Fare ... We Need Dana Back / International Air Fare: / Cost Of Air Fare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 13, 2009
AERO contractors, one of the domestic airline operators has introduced low fare platform where customers can fly for as low as N7,000 to any part of Nigeria.

Announcing the new opportunity to newsmen in Lagos, the Business Development Manager Mark Snoxell said, “These are definitely exciting times for our customers, especially those who cannot normally afford to fly very often, or people who have never flown before. Now they have an opportunity to do so with Aero.”

According to him, this measure is in response to the global financial meltdown that is limiting the flying powers of people and to also offer opportunities to people who ordinarily wouldn’t afford flying. Currently, the cheapest seat on any domestic air craft is N15,000.

This permanent platform, he said is also to mitigate loses occasioned by flying with empty seats.

Rather than fly with empty seats, this low rate will enable us sell the remaining seats, so we will be benefiting and our customers will benefit too, he said adding that “we want people to fly with us more for less, and that is a pledge we intend to keep.” Snoxell also announced that very soon the same opportunity will be available on its regional routes in West Africa.

Customers who want to take advantage of this exciting fare option must book at least two weeks ahead on www.flyaero.com and make their payments on the internet using their cash card or bank ATM card [interswitch] or e-Tranzact.

Daily Trust can report that Aero, which celebrates its 50 anniversary later this year is the oldest airline in Nigeria.

He said the offer is here to stay, promising that more thrilling offers will be introduced in the coming weeks and months, enabling more people to travel more often but pay much less.

Aero was the first to introduce online booking with multiple payment options and now operates eight Boeing 737’s averaging 50 flights per week with three more deliveries planned.

“We promise to offer the lowest sustainable fare in the market. These fares will stimulate more people to travel. Irrespective of previous demand patterns we expect a large uptake of seats with our great value prices. The earlier you book, the cheaper the fare!”

“In order to keep costs to a minimum we plan to always offer the lowest fares only on our website – www.flyaero.com” Book and Pay on line with your ATM card, cash card or an aero reloadable travel card. Buying an aero ticket online is very convenient and secure.”

Aero commenced operations in 1959 and has grown to be the most reputable carrier in Nigeria, operating over 50 flights a day, covering more than 15 destinations.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2009
a welcome development. kudos to aero-contractors smiley
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 13, 2009
Let's wait and see if it's true.
But if it's true, na Abuja this weekend, PH next weekend, Kano next weekend for me o. I like travelling a lot just for fun.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by maxell(f): 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2009
That is competition for you. With the entrance of a new airline - dana air - they have no choice but to slash their price.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by londoner: 10:46am On Feb 14, 2009
I would not use the website to book using a credit card. Last time I went to Nigeria, I tried to pay from the UK using the site, IT ASKS FOR YOUR PIN, BIG NO NO!!!!!!!! Dont EVER do that!!!!

Instead I bought my ticket in person in Lagos then flew with Aero contractors to Abuja. The airline is one I had never heard of before, but the flight and service was one of the best I have experienced from ANY AIRLINE, even the major ones outside Nigeria. I would DEFINATELY fly with them again. I can attest to the fact that the plane was half empty, the staff were trying to pack all the inflight food on me, lol

Aerocontractors have a BIG thumbs up from me!!!!!!!
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by igbogolo: 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2009
wow
thats a great thing to hear. it doesnt make sense to me to fly empty when a small reduction in price can fill the plane.
its a good strategy and I commend aero. And yes they definetly have a great customer service and flight experience. I enjoy flying with them most times
lets see if almighty arik will follow suit. their shakara atimes too much. they charge 3k above what others charge on the same route
this is surely a tough time for airline operators and i wish them well.
may the best team win!
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Kx: 9:19am On Feb 16, 2009
Seeing is believing,lets wait and c,
alot of goodies,biz or politcal have always
been announced and implemented on d pages of newspapers!
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by londoner: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2009
Kx, its true, I checked their website.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by otokx(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2009
this is so cool
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Gamine(f): 11:48pm On Feb 18, 2009
Still, The planes are empty. . .

What could be the problem here? undecided
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Shinatu: 4:57pm On Feb 19, 2009
The last time I checked their website, i.e a couple of days ago after reading about the fare slash in the papers
Lagos -Warri was 18K it used to be about 20-22K.
I guess this is not one of their target routes .
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by akinalabi(m): 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2009
Has anyone flown (abi na flew shocked ) Aero with N7,500 so
far?
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Gamine(f): 12:07am On Feb 20, 2009
Yes.

And they had fares as low as 2500

and like i said before, i wonder why the planes are still very empty undecided
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by DisGuy: 11:48pm On Feb 20, 2009
Gamine:

Yes.

And they had fares as low as 2500

and like i said before, i wonder why the planes are still very empty  undecided

maybe because.  .  .  . undecided
74% of the population do not have a bank account
21% in total have one form or the other
10% of those use their accounts only once in a month-salary
very few have a cash card + personal internet connection

Customers who want to take advantage of this exciting fare option must book at least two weeks ahead on www.flyaero.com and make their payments on the internet using their cash card or bank ATM card [interswitch] or e-Tranzact.
and also maybe. . .
many people still don't like the idea of planning their journey ahead
and there's also the fear of flying
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by chyk91(m): 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2009
Na Wa o
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Snowwy: 7:27am On Feb 23, 2009
@londoner The payment is to be done using a your debit card, obviously nigerian debit card and your PIN no. will be asked for. Note that this is a nigerian webiste. For foreign based sites then yes you might not need to put in your PIN.

@Biowande, the prices went as low as N2,500 initially and its very true. I know of two people that have travelled with the N2,500 fare.

We need more of this on international routes tongue cheesy
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 23, 2009
AERO DOMESTIC ARE FARE N7,00 VERY INTERSETING .
WHAT OF AFRI JET AND CHANCHAGI COS LAST MONTH JANUARY I PAID N 16,000 FROM LAGOS TO OWERRI , THEN GOING BACK , OWERRI TO LAGOS I PAID ANOTHER N16,000 WITH CHANCHGI .
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by insight04: 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2009
Will I be able to pay Cash for a ticket from Lagos to PH, I'll be in Nigeria soon ?
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by abhosts(m): 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2009
insight04:

Will I be able to pay Cash for a ticket from Lagos to PH, I'll be in Nigeria soon ?

No, You have to book online at least 2 weeks in advance.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 24, 2009
Yes! Indeed a welcome development. What if someone pays double amount by mistake, (u knw how d internet works, sometime it acts funny during online payment et al') is There A REFUND
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by londoner: 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ Snowwy, Wow, they ask for the pin number in Nigeria!!!!!

When you pay over the net either in UK/ US etc, you NEVER , EVER give the pin number. The only time we use our pin is when we are taking money from the cash machine or paying using a credit card machine in a store.

Is the pin code encrypted, when you enter it in Nigeria?
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by insight04: 1:53am On Feb 25, 2009
abhosts:

No, You have to book online at least 2 weeks in advance.

I have it on good authority that the tciket can be purchased with Cash from any of their ticket offices?

The 2 week in advance notice before paying online is not a sustainable business model if they were trying to increase passenger turnover
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Snowwy: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2009
@londoner
Yes the pin code is encrypted in a dedicated interswitch web page. If in Nigeria all you needed was your card no./expiry date, wahala go dey now. Lots of pple are not educated. Anyone could just spy your details and use it anyhow.
The dedicated site is
https://webpay.interswitchng.com/paydirect/webpay/Pay.aspx

If using VISA card, the same applies.

However, if at anytime you receive an email asking for your card details, no one should tell you to ignore it.
Use your interswitch card only dedicated webbies o!
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by ToToChoper: 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2009
This comes as an interesting news. grin grin grin

N7,000 from Lagos to Abuja. Wow, go ahead Aero for leading the way!!!

I also took the liberty of checking out the round trip prices from Lag to Abj and noticed Arik fare goes for N39,000 (N 19,500 each route), Dana is asking N32,400 (N16,000 each route), Chanchangi N38,000 (N19,000 each), Afrijet N28,000 (N14,000 each) while Virgin cost N30,000 (N15,000 each).

This translates into an average 50% reduction in airfares flying Aero in comparison to the other domestic airlines.

The only foreseeable problem is with their reservations department, as one has to have an Intersitch or Visa Card to book a flight.

Now I am of the opinion that due to the phobia of identity theft and internet fraud prevalent in the country, passengers may be hesistant to divulge important banking information or personal data over the internet.  (Learn from the recent GTB security breach)

While I totally embrace Aero's marketing strategy to secure more passengers, I also purport they integrate a platform that accomodates booking of flights without credit/ smart cards.   I think this would be a win-win situation for most passgengers.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Boondoggle(m): 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2009
Which is the correct website for aero booking:

http://www.flyaero.com

or

http://www.acn.aero 
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by ProfJYK(m): 12:12am On Jul 08, 2009
Aero na trail blazer now.
didnt believe it till i tried it.
i kept expecting hidden charges to pop up from no where till i landed in mma2. ever since, its bin aero or nothing 4 me. thier services are excellent. the only complaint i've heard is that for 7000 naira passenger, gate closes 40 mins to departure while thos paying that day pay as much as 19000, but get away with late check-in.

the journey by road from lagos to owerri is a nightmare and u pay as nuch as 4,300 to be comfy, spend @ least 1,500 on meals and snacks, and no less than 8hr on the road and when u disembark your feet are swollen to twice the normal size, not to mention risk of accidents highway robbery, the list is endless. for a price difference of 2000, my choice is, go figure.

but on the flip side, compared to the low air fares airlines in Europe NA asia, 7000 is still on the high side, as a hop from barcelona to amsterdam (low fare) goes for about 29 euros and this is across borders. domestic goes for about 20 euros.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by patwolex(m): 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
Pls, i want to book a flight from lagos to abuja and i want a return ticket...pls, how can i get the cheapest airline or flight, pls? I plan to travel on d 20th december and come back on d 27th....pls get back to me on dis..i want a link to get the cheapest ticket fare online..pls reply back.....
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by ifegy: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2012
patwolex: Pls, i want to book a flight from lagos to abuja and i want a return ticket...pls, how can i get the cheapest airline or flight, pls? I plan to travel on d 20th december and come back on d 27th....pls get back to me on dis..i want a link to get the cheapest ticket fare online..pls reply back.....

You could try the Arik air website, www.arikair.com, or the Aero Contractors website, www.acn.aero. You can book online if you are in the country.
There are probably other airlines that you can visit online...try google.
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by patwolex(m): 1:08am On Dec 12, 2012
Pls i want a link to the cheapest flight fare i can get from lagos to abuja....can i get a flight at d rate of 15k or less?
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by patwolex(m): 2:45pm On May 10, 2013
Pls I need to take a flight from lagos to abuja on monday 13th may ..can you please give me d airline that has the cheapest air ticket? Pls I need this link now..its so urgent..
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by blaze007(m): 3:54pm On May 10, 2013
but i checked abj to lag and its still 18kundecided
Re: Aero Slashes Domestic Air Fare To N7, 000 by Firefire(m): 7:22pm On May 10, 2013
blaze007: but i checked abj to lag and its still 18kundecided

Same here. I check the website remains als, lowest rate is 18k.
Aero please update your website.
http://www.flyaero.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How My Family Escaped Turkey Earthquake - Nigerian Survivor Speaks (Pix) / Pictures From Moniya Train Station, Ibadan / Driver Loses Control, Ends Up In Casket Shop, Seller Insists He Must Buy All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.