Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? (6684 Views)

Chuba Ezekwesili Graduates From Yale University (Photos) / Fayose, A Political Prophet Or What? (pic) / Saraki May Be Calling For The Okadigbo's Treatment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? by ugotex85: 6:50pm On May 24, 2015
By Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia.

Yesterday , I met the Distinguished Senator representing Anambra North Senatorial zone in the Senate , Senator Margery Chuba-Okadugbo who is also the wife to the maverick politician and former Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria ,Senator Chuba Okadigbo (Oyi of Oyi) at her Abuja home.
She took me on educative intellectual political journey . As a product of Chuba Okadigbo political Philosophy and a wife to the great Chuba Okadigbo she is better positioned to talk about Chuba Okadigbo.Thus i paid 100% attention .
The topic was Nigeria, Ndi Igbo and Chuba Okadigbo's political actions and inactions .
I left there a better person.Better informed and educated .
Before leaving , the Senator and wife of the Political IROKO called Chuba Okadigbo gave me a gift which I so much cherished : a book on Chuba Okadigbo titled
"Chuba Okadigbo: A Collection Of Writings " published in 2004 ( a year after the death of Chuba Okadigbo ).
On coming back same evening , I started reading the book . On Chapter 6 starting from page 311 , Sub-titled :
"TIME FOR CHANGE: ALL HANDS ON DECK!"
Which was the Text of a letter of intimation to Nigerians on Dr.CHUBA OKADIGBO's presidential ambition in 2003.
I picked something in the above chapter ,
that makes me question if CHUBA OKADIGBO was a Nigerian Political Prophet considering the political reality of 2015 Presidential election?
May I quote Chuba Okadigbo:

[b]"...I know that some mass Exodus from the PDP is underway. And I urge the members and leaders of the ANPP to keep the doors of Liberty,Reconciliation and Harmony wide open.
The PDP experiment of winner-take-all and to give crumbs only to those who will break their parties are over. Let us all move in tandem to a new Nigeria, where there will be Life more abundant for all of us.
Current developments in our country have made CHANGE imperative .Indeed, a hurricane of CHANGE now blows across our dear country .
So let there be CHANGE of authoritarian, direction-less leadership .
CHANGE from presidential tourism and governmental laxity, while pervasive poverty , massive unemployment, insecurity of life and property , riots and crises , haunt our nation .
CHANGE from the personalization and trivialization of power to the use of power for the maximization of the general welfare of the people .
The CHANGE of which we speak requires CHANGE of will, Strategy, tactics ,instruments and guards ..."[/b]

I am of the view that APC lifted their CHANGE slogan from Chuba Okadigbo's presidential campaign slogan.
A man that PDP did not take his warning of danger serious.
From my view,the greatest contributor to PDP loss of Power is Obasanjo and followed Presidents who always hijacked the party away from the party-elected leaders which most time turned the party administrators into Ceremonial Leaders of the party .
Let the Calculation for new order start now.
Did PDP learn any lesson from her past success and failure?
Is APC ready to do it differently?
Will APC have the Mental Capacity to convert the theoretical CHANGE to Practical Developmental driven CHANGE?
I pray that we learn not to fail Nigerians again as a people!

CHUBA OKADIGBO lives on ...
God Bless Nigeria!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ikechukwu.onyia/posts/10204664002225362:0

Re: Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? by Greyworld: 6:59pm On May 24, 2015
Nyc one op. The man was mur coherrent dan most prohets wu tell us wat we already knw. At least den nobody had a clue abt dis whole CHANGE bruhaha.

Op are yu a journalist?

1 Like

Re: Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? by ugotex85: 7:39pm On May 24, 2015
Greyworld:
Nyc one op. The man was mur coherrent dan most prohets wu tell us wat we already knw. At least den nobody had a clue abt dis whole CHANGE bruhaha.

Op are yu a journalist?

You're right dear. Nigeria would have become greater if men like him had lived longer.
For your question, no. I am into IT.

1 Like

Re: Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? by billtommy(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2015
No, Okadigbo wass not a prophet, he was the thief that stole the senate maze to his village.

1 Like

Re: Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? by Here2BustnScrew: 9:42pm On May 24, 2015
ugotex85:
By Ikechukwu Emeka Onyia.

Yesterday , I met the Distinguished Senator representing Anambra North Senatorial zone in the Senate , Senator Margery Chuba-Okadugbo who is also the wife to the maverick politician and former Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria ,Senator Chuba Okadigbo (Oyi of Oyi) at her Abuja home.
She took me on educative intellectual political journey . As a product of Chuba Okadigbo political Philosophy and a wife to the great Chuba Okadigbo she is better positioned to talk about Chuba Okadigbo.Thus i paid 100% attention .
The topic was Nigeria, Ndi Igbo and Chuba Okadigbo's political actions and inactions .
I left there a better person.Better informed and educated .
Before leaving , the Senator and wife of the Political IROKO called Chuba Okadigbo gave me a gift which I so much cherished : a book on Chuba Okadigbo titled
"Chuba Okadigbo: A Collection Of Writings " published in 2004 ( a year after the death of Chuba Okadigbo ).
On coming back same evening , I started reading the book . On Chapter 6 starting from page 311 , Sub-titled :
"TIME FOR CHANGE: ALL HANDS ON DECK!"
Which was the Text of a letter of intimation to Nigerians on Dr.CHUBA OKADIGBO's presidential ambition in 2003.
I picked something in the above chapter ,
that makes me question if CHUBA OKADIGBO was a Nigerian Political Prophet considering the political reality of 2015 Presidential election?
May I quote Chuba Okadigbo:

[b]"...I know that some mass Exodus from the PDP is underway. And I urge the members and leaders of the ANPP to keep the doors of Liberty,Reconciliation and Harmony wide open.
The PDP experiment of winner-take-all and to give crumbs only to those who will break their parties are over. Let us all move in tandem to a new Nigeria, where there will be Life more abundant for all of us.
Current developments in our country have made CHANGE imperative .Indeed, a hurricane of CHANGE now blows across our dear country .
So let there be CHANGE of authoritarian, direction-less leadership .
CHANGE from presidential tourism and governmental laxity, while pervasive poverty , massive unemployment, insecurity of life and property , riots and crises , haunt our nation .
CHANGE from the personalization and trivialization of power to the use of power for the maximization of the general welfare of the people .
The CHANGE of which we speak requires CHANGE of will, Strategy, tactics ,instruments and guards ..."[/b]

I am of the view that APC lifted their CHANGE slogan from Chuba Okadigbo's presidential campaign slogan.
A man that PDP did not take his warning of danger serious.
From my view,the greatest contributor to PDP loss of Power is Obasanjo and followed Presidents who always hijacked the party away from the party-elected leaders which most time turned the party administrators into Ceremonial Leaders of the party .
Let the Calculation for new order start now.
Did PDP learn any lesson from her past success and failure?
Is APC ready to do it differently?
Will APC have the Mental Capacity to convert the theoretical CHANGE to Practical Developmental driven CHANGE?
I pray that we learn not to fail Nigerians again as a people!

CHUBA OKADIGBO lives on ...
God Bless Nigeria!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ikechukwu.onyia/posts/10204664002225362:0
the same set of people shouting change now were the ones against him when he was buharis running mate in 2003 just because their brother was the president. hypocrites!

2 Likes

Re: Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet? by feldido(m): 11:03pm On May 24, 2015
No one can bring lasting change except God...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

. / Again, FAAC Meeting Postponed Over Shortfall In NNPC Remittances / Whistleblowing: Sagay Says FG Recovered ₦594.09 Billion, 791 Cases In 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.