Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo (14922 Views)

Zahra Buhari Releases Disclaimer On Any Social Media Outlet Managed For Her / Kemi Adeosun ‘Poorly Qualified’ To Be Finance Minister – The Economist / Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by midolian(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2015
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Sunday said Nigeria had been poorly managed for eight years, telling Nigerians to be patient with the incoming administration of President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to correct the prevailing abnormalities.

He said this during a visit of a delegation of South-West women leaders, under the leadership of Iyalode of Yorubaland,Chief Alaba Lawson, to his Abeokuta Hilltop residence.

Obasanjo noted that it would take a sizable time for Buhari to correct the anomalies.

He said, “The country had been poorly managed in the last eight years, and it will take some time for Buhari’s government to correct the anomalies. But I want to him not to be frightened.

“When I came in 1999, there was no fuel, there was no power. The situation was like this, and I thought we have put that one behind us. The man that is coming on board has a lot of experience in terms of governance.

“He is not a green horn. We have both worked together in administering, then as a military Head of State and we did it well. Nigerians need to exercise patience because what have been destroyed in eight years cannot be rebuilt in a day.

“Let’s give him time. Let’s pray for him and let’s cooperate with him. We are all concerned about the present situation of Nigeria. The expectation is very high but at the same time, there is a lot of goodwill internally and externally for the incoming government.

“Once the incoming administration realises this and takes every step, particularly in the first three months,when people will be watching and counting, I think for me, we will get there.”

The former president, however, warned Buhari not to take Nigerians for granted but to be as honest as possible in overseeing the country, adding that Nigerians were clever and could not be deceived.

He told the visitors that he believed in the managerial and political acumen of the President-elect in leading Nigeria aright, because “he is not a novice in governance, having ruled the country as a military Head of State from 1983 to 1985.”

Obasanjo said with Buhari at the helm, the citizens would have a new opportunity.

He said, “God has provided a new opportunity for Nigeria and Nigerians and I believe God does not make mistake.

“There are two things I believe the incoming President appreciates. One is that he knows that the expectations of Nigerians are high and two, that he should not be frightened by the situation on the ground.

“All he has to do is to be honest with Nigerians, he should not deceive them. He should not be an ostrich. He should not deceive Nigerians and not to be too clever with them.

“There is a lot of goodwill for the incoming administration from within and outside the country. What is important is that steps have to be taken that will not lead to the squandering of the goodwill and I believe the incoming government will be able to take care of that.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-poorly-managed-for-eight-years-obasanjo/

Cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by wise7(m): 7:27pm On May 24, 2015
In case of fp
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by TRADELYN: 7:29pm On May 24, 2015
embarassed
People like OBJ are never to be trusted.

I'll not be surprised if he turns his back against Buhari tomorrow.

LESSON: "Be careful of those that call your enemy a fool today as they would also call you so tomorrow." ~ TRADELYN
#WeNeedFuel&Power!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by midolian(m): 7:33pm On May 24, 2015
When compared to GEJ's regime, honestly, one wld know baba tried..baba really tried. Only that I still find it hard to forgive him for imposing GEJ on us(by crook). undecided

Its jst 5days to go buh it looks like 5yrs 'in my eyes' ..I jst can't wait for GEJ to hand over angry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by oduastates: 7:40pm On May 24, 2015
Baba created jobs.
Real jobs in banking, telecoms,IT,education,hospitality petroleum etc.
Real middle class stuffs
Not to forget, the foreign visa galore ( won by OBJ gravitas)which many of my friends took advantage of to get out of Nigeria.
The only item he erred on was in the choice of successors. Coming out of a military dictatorship, I will excuse most of obj's misdemeanours.
By the way, most of what is good about Nigeria was either built by baba himself, or a government he was part of( refineries, highways, dams, power plants etc)
His successors come in and destroy most of his hardwork.
Where is olokola and brass LNG?
How I wished buhari had the $64 billion external reserves obj left behind to play with. With people like David West, Itse sagay, Fashola, Pat utomi,sanusi doing their thing.
What about a budget of 60/40 reccurrent to capital expenditure?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by baybeeboi: 7:40pm On May 24, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by adesegun121(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
Jesus started with prayers and ended with prayers. Goodluck Jonathan started with subsidy and ended up with scarcity.

Count down

Gmb we know...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by buygala(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
OBJ and his insatiable penchant for pointing at everything and everybody other than himself undecided

GEJ is probably the worst thing to have happened to this country sad ... but then, OBJ isn't our Mandela either.... A man who nearly imposed a democratic dictatorship on us and brazenly fuccked his son's wife, isn't a man to be taken seriously under any circumstances angry

WE KNOW THAT GEJ IS PLUNGING NIGERIA INTO AN ECONOMIC ARMAGEDDON WHICH GMB WILL HAVE TO WORK VERY HARD TO AVERT... WE DON'T NEED OBJ TO TELL US THAT angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by zopaks: 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
Obasanjo is not capable of giving advice even to a 9 year
old. Buhari should stay away from Obasanjo if he knows
whats good for himself. Obasanjo is a despot, a cheat, an
egomaniac, a tyrant, a manipulator, a hypocrite and a
snake.
Obasanjo is the father of corruption in Nigeria.

Advice :
If anyone is close to Obj, please kindly tell Obasanjo to go and De-Stupidise his old and withered brain, infact he should visit www. HowtoRemove stupidity. Com for a step by step instructional guide

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Elslim: 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
ok oo
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
Who day Talk
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by 3direct: 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
lovely

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by jamex93(m): 7:43pm On May 24, 2015
that is y we tell uncle jona to go back to otueke
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by tobtap: 7:44pm On May 24, 2015
obasanjo ....saying it like it is...on a more serious note GEJ nd co...really ruined naija economy...imagine incurring 25 billion dollars in just four years.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by prothelley(f): 7:44pm On May 24, 2015
midolian:
When compared to GEJ's regime, one wld know baba tried

Please specify the areas.....

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 24, 2015
Pot calling Kettle Black.The only thing Baba iyabo did was to bring phones into Nigeria..O tan !!!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by publicenemy(m): 7:45pm On May 24, 2015
He is the best president Nigeria has ever had... He took over a delapidated Nigeria under IBB and Abacha's regime and held Nigeria together in peace before handing over to Umar Y'adua whose soul will continue to rest in peace,before this Foool and his Imbecilee wife from Otuoke took over and ran Nigeria like a zoo just because he studied zoology...

The best thing to happen to Nigeria is the election of Buhari...it shows that Nigerians can still put religion and tribalism and do the needfull for a better Nigeria...

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Donpeak(f): 7:45pm On May 24, 2015
Baba kor barber ni...
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by samx4real(m): 7:45pm On May 24, 2015
Kettle calling pot Black undecided

Go & sleep undecided

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Sijo01(f): 7:45pm On May 24, 2015
It's actually for 16years,old man

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by spako4(m): 7:45pm On May 24, 2015
Due to poor and bad succession
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by spako4(m): 7:46pm On May 24, 2015
PDP mismanaged Nigeria
Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 24, 2015
Is Obj govt corrupt Obi Ezeksomething - What is your Empirical evidence ??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by ocelot2006(m): 7:46pm On May 24, 2015
Bloody old fool. As if he did a good job during his tenure.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by cisse7575(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2015
oduastates:
Baba created jobs.
Real jobs in banking, telecoms,IT,education,hospitality petroleum etc.
Real middle class stuffs
correct!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Naigerian(m): 7:47pm On May 24, 2015
Buhari promised to deliver and deliver he must. People should stop making excuses for him. We don't have more than 1yr to give him before the heaven and earth he promised materializes.

God help him.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by silvernus0: 7:48pm On May 24, 2015
I TINK HE IS D CAUSE OF D PROBLEM BY FORCING DEM US, OBJ IS D ROOT OF OUR PROBLEMS.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by richidinho(m): 7:49pm On May 24, 2015
**opens curtain and peep**

And i ask Na OBJ dey talk so?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by ITbomb(m): 7:49pm On May 24, 2015
Shut the Bleep up, hypocrite
Why are people even giving this man audience

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Poorly Managed For Eight Years – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 24, 2015
prothelley:

Please specify the areas.....

Debt issue.

Telecommunication.

Infrastructure

Agriculture.

Pls name areas the outgoing he-goat has achieved

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Fresh Controversy Trails INEC Budget / Allow Kanu Address Ndigbo Before Election – Ohanaeze / National Intelligence Agency (NIA) Denies Link With EFCC Seized Monies in Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.