Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

9/11: Where Were You? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 9/11: Where Were You? (1317 Views)

Another 9/11 Averted. God Help Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9/11: Where Were You? by malaika(f): 12:55pm On Sep 14, 2006
undecided
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by naijacutee(f): 1:11pm On Sep 14, 2006
I was shopping with my mum in Lagos when she went to the next stall and heard the news and came to find me and tell me
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by iice(f): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2006
Was at home and my bro saw it on the net, he was like quick put the news on
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by ikamefa(f): 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2006
was home in Nigeria chilling on ma bed!
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by OldGlory1(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2006
I was trying to close a deal, and i got the word on CNN and my client and i put the deal on hold, and were glued to the TV for the next 4hrs. I remember being very sad and angry at the same time. My fellow Americans were hurting cry!!! Bleep them Arabs! cool
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by Tunnymos: 5:18am On Sep 15, 2006
I was busy serching for jobs up and down Lagos streets and actually i was like the living twin towers myself because i've just received a blow from an interview that fell through with IGI. The interviewers were the terrorist in my own case and the IGI Man that signed the "SORRY LETTER" was the Osama.
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by nilla(f): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2006
I was in school in ph - Nigeria. First time i heard it, it really didn't impact me that much cos i wasn't too familiar with the WTC. It was when i actually saw it on TV that i felt how bad it was. Even just minutes before it started to sink in my head, i was almost wondering what movie
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by iice(f): 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2006
LMAO at movie, i pretty much knew about the WTC because of school so i felt the impact even if i wasnt there, it was like wow, a landmark is removed. For days we were glued to the T.V because it was so suprising that something like this could happen to the U S of A but yup it was real. Now everything is a mess.
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by nilla(f): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2006
@ iice
i know its funny, but for real thats what i thought, before it started to sink in.

Yeah everything is really a mess now. I hope things get normal and safer in the future.
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by dolliepie(f): 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2006
i was in nigeria too,preparn to sit 4 my GCE.
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by zebudaya(m): 10:54pm On Sep 15, 2006
I was shooting pool in the dorms and niggis where coming in with rumours "You hear say bush don die?", how he die? two planes crash into each other then fall on top white house ahhh, o ma se o,

kai Naija you gotta love it's 'something the Lord made
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2010
I was in the room in the hostel as a fresher in the university, having resumed a week earlier. A guy just came to our room to inform us there was a terrorist attck in USA and that match(was it UCL?) was cancelled.
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
zebudaya:

I was shooting pool in the dorms and niggis where coming in with rumours "You hear say bush don die?", how he die? two planes crash into each other then fall on top white house ahhh, o ma se o,
kai Naija you gotta love it's 'something the Lord made
naija people. . . fabricators grin grin
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by niceguy10: 3:39pm On Jul 12, 2010
l was in Nigeria, in a town called otukpo in benue state, busy having a nice time with the babes.
Re: 9/11: Where Were You? by omega25red(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2010
i was at home in New York sleeping because i was off from work that day. I actually worked in manhattan during that time and i was lucky to be home because everything was on lock down i also refused to go to work the next day.
It was crazy watching live tv and seeing the second plane fly right into the next building and wondering why people were just standing around in shock instead of trying to leave the area which was when the buildings started to colapse. It was nuts

(1) (Reply)

Village Visit. / Need Dubai Visa Info / Any One Living In Romenia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.