Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account (53007 Views)

Presidency Denies Plans Of Sharing $1.7 Billion From Excess Crude Account / $20bn Excess Crude Account: Many‘ll Go To Jail After May 29…. Sen. Adeyeye / Okonjo-iweala Exposes NIPC - Over $20bn Lost Through Fraudulent Tax Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by lalasticlala(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2015
Keeping to her promise to disclose what the states got from the Excess Crude Account, the Minister of Finance Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala-Iweala Sunday said the 36 states of the federation, received a total of N2.92 trillion from the account between 2011 and 2014.

A statement from the Federal Ministry of Finance released Sunday night said the it had become necessary to make the figures public following recent accusations by the Rivers state governor on behalf of state governors.

The statement from the federal ministry of Finance noted that the “figures show that they (states) received N966.6 billion in 2011, N816.3 billion in 2012, N859.4 billion in 2013 and N282.8 in 2014.

The low figure for 2014 reflects the steep decline in revenues due to the impact of the crash in global oil prices which began in the middle of the year.

Akwa Ibom got the highest with (N265 billion), Rivers (N230.4 billion), Delta (N216.7 billion), Bayelsa (N176.3 billion), Kano (N106.5 billion) and Lagos (N82.9 billion) respectively got these amounts from the ECA.

Kwara (N52.8 billion), Enugu (N51.6 billion), Gombe (N47.7 billion), Nassarawa (N46.9 billion), Ekiti (N46.8 billion) and Ebonyi (N44.3 billion) received the least amounts in that order.

The statement added that “the summary of the inflows and outflows from the Account shows that the opening balance was $4.56 billion in 2011 and reached a peak the following year at $8.7 billion before declining to $2.3 billion in 2013. The balance as at May 2015 is $2.07 billion.”

The fluctuation in the ECA the statement explained “reflects the sharing of the proceeds usually requested by state governors as well as the practice of Augmentation which involves additional sharing from the ECA when available funds are not adequate to meet revenue projections.”

The ministry noted that Subsidy and SURE-P payments are also made from the Excess Crude Account while the Federal Government’s share from the ECA during the period was N3.29 trillion.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/what-states-got-from-excess-crude-account-okonjo-iweala/

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by simplymade(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2015
Fair

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by White007(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2015
Keep it coming madam, Nigerians deserve to know the truth.

159 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Trailblazer1(m): 11:53pm On May 24, 2015
i've been watching with keen interest the way some gullible Nigerians insult this woman.
I begin to ponder and ask myself "what was her crime".

With all the propagandas flying during the electioneering process, never was any accusation of financial embezzlement or recklessness levied against her.

Even the eagle-eyed media and social media crew never had any corrupt case against her except the state of the economy which in reality has many players and influencers that are more powerful than NOI.

I laugh when I see under-aged dullards who didn't even pass Economics in WASSC turn economic experts to insult this woman on Nairaland.
Ensure your mother can spell economics before you quote me

521 Likes 83 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by kodded(m): 11:56pm On May 24, 2015
Kano (N106.5 billion)

HOW ? ........... WHY ?

angry

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 24, 2015
Am here to read comments on how agents of devil(apc) support dem own
Fake "change" embarassed

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by neutrotoba(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2015
Dem don dey confess

I expect drama on the eve of handing over day!

Madueke will cry in public

Jonathan will talk more trash

PEJ will once again pledge her support to Aisha Buhari like she didn't hear the first time
"
Doyin Okupe and FFK will "travel" just in case the word "flee" will be censored by moderators.

Nigerians will smile

Baba will sai

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:01am On May 25, 2015
If only the 8th assembly can pass d FOI bill...Nigerians deserves to know how much their state govt get as federal allocation monthly and how its spent, including contractors who execute govt contracts and how much is paid in phases.

Accountability is what we need to move dis country forward

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by likata: 12:07am On May 25, 2015
now we know the truth.blame your governors not PGEJ

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by doublewisdom: 12:08am On May 25, 2015
You see na

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Holyfield1(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by ohzee(f): 12:18am On May 25, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
If only the 8th assembly can pass d FOI bill...Nigerians deserves to know how much their state govt get as federal allocation monthly and how its spent, including contractors who execute govt contracts and how much is paid in phases.

Accountability is what we need to move dis country forward

The allocation is published in newspapers monthly. But Nigerians don't care. All they care about is Fed Govt. **SMH**

143 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by bogolobango(m): 12:19am On May 25, 2015
tell us how uncle jona has transformed ur life cos am sick nd tired of dis ur noise "fake change"

Oponu

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Trailblazer1(m): 12:19am On May 25, 2015
neutrotoba:
Dem don dey confess

I expect drama on the eve of handing over day!

Madueke will cry in public

Jonathan will talk more trash

PEJ will once again pledge her support to Aisha Buhari like she didn't hear the fitst time
"
Doyin Okupe and FFK will "travel" just in case the word "flee" will be censored by moderators.

Nigerians will smile

Baba will sai
Did you read the post or you just want to comment undecided

150 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by iphy42: 12:24am On May 25, 2015
So why are some of those south south governors saying that they cannot pay salaries?

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by priscaoge(f): 12:27am On May 25, 2015
I'm waiting for 2nd list cos I can't see IMO and Abia States on that list undecided

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by valarmorghulis: 12:27am On May 25, 2015
now u r talking,expose all of them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 12:30am On May 25, 2015
madam 4 eyes
Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by neutrotoba(m): 12:33am On May 25, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Did you read the post or you just want to comment undecided
Sorry for ur loss

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Nobody: 12:41am On May 25, 2015
kodded:
Kano (N106.5 billion)

HOW ? ........... WHY ?

angry

WHAT DOES kANO CONTRIBUTE TO DESERVE SUCH AMOUNT? AT LEAST WITH THE OIL PRODUCING STATES I UNDERSTAND BUT WITH KANO, IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Vikkie14: 12:44am On May 25, 2015
2014 shows a great Decline in ECA.
Am just waiting to see what Osun State gets from ECA and why her workers are not being paid 6months now.
The workers are starting strike tomorrow.
They said he is called AreGBESE (king of debts], whatever, i just want to know why his workers are being owed.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by kodded(m): 12:53am On May 25, 2015
NAIJASOM:

WHAT DOES kANO CONTRIBUTE TO DESERVE SUCH AMOUNT? AT LEAST WITH THE OIL PRODUCING STATES I UNDERSTAND BUT WITH KANO, IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE.
my brother e tire me o

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by Vikkie14: 12:54am On May 25, 2015
Trailblazer1:

I laugh when I see under-aged dullards who didn't even pass Economics in WASSC turn economic experts to insult this woman on Nairaland.
I can't agree less with you. Politics has bedeviled and beclouded their sense of reasoning.

Imagine if we've left Mr President deregulate/remove subsidy from oil sector in 2012, WE WON'T BE IN THIS MESS OF "FUEL SCARCITY" TODAY.
but, every PROGRESS have been politicised.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by disloman(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2015
Hmmmm.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by emiye(m): 1:04am On May 25, 2015
but, that bayelsa, what does the governor do with all that money, a state with freaking 8 local govts, and smallest population, yet no tangible devtal. projects.??

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by tmotmo: 1:50am On May 25, 2015
emiye:
but, that bayelsa, what does the governor do with all that money, a state with freaking 8 local govts, and smallest population, yet no tangible devtal. projects.??
Have you ever heard the following slogans:

P D P = share the money grin grin grin grin

and during Gov Odili of Rivers, they used to say

P D P = Peter Dey Pay cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by kurt09(m): 2:06am On May 25, 2015
Pre ACN/CPC/APC, we used to hold our governors responsible for under performances. But since the advent of DEFUNCT ACN/CPC and now APC, WE NOW BLAME FED GOVT while leaving our governors. Imagine blaming gej for non payment of salaries for 4-6 months whereas they(governors) are receiving their monthly allocations(excluding internal generated revenue IGR) as and when due. The opposition has succeeded in making us to concentrate on the centre and i hope it won't affect them now they are about to assume power.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by MCMLXXVI(m): 2:13am On May 25, 2015
So, Enugu even received a SMALLER amount of crude cash than Osun state.

19 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by MCMLXXVI(m): 2:14am On May 25, 2015
Amaechi has also just been exposed for the iiddiot he is.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by MCMLXXVI(m): 2:20am On May 25, 2015
bogolobango:
tell us how uncle jona has transformed ur life cos am sick nd tired of dis ur noise "fake change"

Oponu

Tell us how your state governors and local government chairmen have handled the funds given to them. Let's start from there.
Development is from the bottom to the top (LGA-State-Federal), not top to bottom (Federal-State-LGA).
Help by telling us how many projects your local government chairman has embarked on (that is, if you've even bothered to find out his name) with all the millions he's received.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 2:34am On May 25, 2015
Now I know why the Governors are mad at Dr Ngozi Iweala. Their projections for 2014 were all wrong because of crude oil price crash.

The statement from the federal ministry of Finance noted that the “figures show that they (states) received:

N966.6 billion in 2011,
N816.3 billion in 2012,
N859.4 billion in 2013 and
N282.8 in 2014.

The States over projected their incomes in 2014 budget hence the abysmal failure in performance rating and target achievements.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account by markidoo(m): 2:54am On May 25, 2015
No wonder Gov Akpabio rush commission hospital wia no get staff nor administrative wing he will definitely account 4all d allocation he has embezzled in d past 8yrs. Sai Baba, i hope say dem done sew him prison uniform pinish na önly por days remain mk him immunity expire.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gabriel Igbinedion Embarrassed By APC Supporters (Photos) / Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) / 'President Buhari Called Me' - Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.